Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,655 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:53 PM

BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo - Literature (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo (571102 Views)

UNDERRATED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo / TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo / PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (67) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Shobizz(m): 6:54am On Feb 03, 2018
WoW T2, Rachealfst, first of all HAPPY BIRTHDAY am sorry it coming late.

I thank God 4ur life, I came across pg. 8 n I read ur story am really touched. Still thank God 4d gift of life, when there is life there is hope. Adiye ti ko ku sima je agbado, in every disappointment there is an appointment.

There is a reason not to thank God but there are so many reasons to glorify his holy name. Ur story give me more reasons to thank God. such or any other related will never surface IJN

U are completely heal IJN. God will see u through n every persons reading dix.

Good morning

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by seg005: 6:54am On Feb 03, 2018
Thanks for the dedication ma and update ma.... Keep the fire burning and greater grace.

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by cyndy1000(f): 7:37am On Feb 03, 2018
rachealfst:
Now, you've press the P button. Lol. See curse, the driver is in trouble o.
Love you too. Thanks.

It's very painful for someone you love n trust to betray you like that easily

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Mcweber(m): 7:46am On Feb 03, 2018
Oba and Crystal, I am watching you two. Hope its not what I'm thinking, but if it is, no shaking.... I concur!!!

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by HARMYMY(f): 9:16am On Feb 03, 2018
Rachealfst thanks for the update. Happy Weekend to you all.

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Azzy994(f): 9:24am On Feb 03, 2018
there is a wedding bell is ringing for crystal and oba, from friendship to courtship then it lead to marriage. thanks for the update aunty T.T and have a wonderful weekend. love u

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Ennyolah: 9:40am On Feb 03, 2018
Thanks for the update and dedication.I appreciate.Good morning.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by queenitee(f): 10:27am On Feb 03, 2018
rachealfst:
Happy birthday in advance.
Thank you

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by queenitee(f): 10:27am On Feb 03, 2018
vickyluvspices:
Happy born day in advance ma'am.
Thank you

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Nphzzycute(f): 10:41am On Feb 03, 2018
Your Stories Are Nice Ma I'm Presently Reading "wrong Number" Since There's No New Update On This One Kindly Mention Me In Your Next Update Ma.

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by wumsgreen(f): 11:42am On Feb 03, 2018
Beatrice it shall not be well with u, and every of your evil plot shall fall back on u one million times. oloshiburuku and u that stupid and greedy fool headed driver that ur greed will be your downfall Olé. God bless u o jare ma for this beautiful update

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Pinkfeet: 12:00pm On Feb 03, 2018
wumsgreen =64746072:
Beatrice it shall not be well with u, and every of your evil plot shall fall back on u one million times. oloshiburuku and u that stupid and greedy fool headed driver that ur greed will be your downfall Olé. God bless u o jare ma for this beautiful update

haaaaaaaa . why are you coursing this guy, oba his also a human being because he is a driver that doesn't mean he can't marry from rich family .

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by bigbauer(m): 12:05pm On Feb 03, 2018
Rachealfst, I'm awed by your writing/narrative prowess. As has become the norm with you, your delivery is as lucid as ever. Keep up the good work.

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Maymac(m): 12:14pm On Feb 03, 2018
Pinkfeet:

haaaaaaaa . why are you coursing this guy, oba his also a human being because he is a driver that doesn't mean he can't marry from rich family .

She is not cursing oba but the driver that told Beatrice about Afam whereabouts because of money

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Maymac(m): 12:16pm On Feb 03, 2018
Nice job here aunty T.T I must confess I love this story of yours.
Keep it up ma.

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Melancholy(m): 4:38pm On Feb 03, 2018
Hmm... I cant wait to see oba as the new guy in crystal's life.

Rachealfst, i also need to spy on this foolish driver, pls send me his asap! lolz

Scenic and lively as usual. Keep it up!!

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by nikz(f): 4:42pm On Feb 03, 2018
Not happy about the driver's betrayal ohhhhhh!

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 7:32pm On Feb 03, 2018
Dedication:
superjaks, philoedu, mattjay, JMK9600, Maymac, Azzy994, Dessydemmy, Twinkle004, Pinkberry5, rayvelez, queenitee, baddest99, Nphzzycute

MUMMY EJIOFOR
I decided to pay Afam a visit at the hotel on a Saturday morning for the very first time. I felt it’s not too good not for me not to visit him after everything that has happened since he came to our lives. He has always been there for us.

I prepared ofia sala and Semolina. I packed it in a warmer and headed to the hotel in my car.
The receptionist directed me to his suite after she had called to know if she could allow me in.
He opened the door for me to come in, surprise was written all over his face.
"What a pleasant surprise!" He said and we exchanged greetings.
I entered and settle on the sofa. I looked around the suite was so beautiful.
"Afam, you are spending a lot of money here, that I'm sure of"
He just smiled and took the next to me.
"When do you intend to leave this place?"
"I can't tell for now, but what other choice do I have"
"Afam, go back home. Are you not tired of this place, especially the hotel food"
"I'm not going back. My company's construction has just kicked off, the contractors gave us six months"
"So you'll be here for six months!" I said and brought out the warmer and the plates from the picnic bag. "I bought food"
That's so thoughtful of you, thanks" I served the food and he started eating.
"Only God knows when last you ate a home made food"
"The last time I ate a home made food was at your place and that was last week"
"You know I'm not in support of this"
"Believe me, it's the right thing. Will you advise me or encourage me to still live with that evil woman. Beatrice is evil!"
I watched him with pity as he ate. The Afam I knew back then doesn't deserve this kind of life. But we can't question fate.

____________________Toyin Taiwo
"I think you should get a place. If you are really considering staying in Lagos"
"If you want me to get a place, I will. Later in the day I'll call an agent from the real estate management company"
"Good, at least your daughter too can come spend time with you. You know how it looks like in this part of the world when a woman frequent an hotel. People takes it for something else" I made him reason with me.
"Really! You’ll allow her come spend time with me!" He said excitedly.
"Afam! She's your daughter!"
"Amara thank you. I'll get the house ASAP. No wonder you didn't visit me all this while. It's because I live in an hotel right?”

I pretended as if I didn't hear that part. He was done eating. So I cleared the table and park everything back into the picnic bag. We talked for a while and later announced my leave. He walked me to my car and thanked me for making his weekend great.

AFAM
I went back to my suite. I remembered the conversation I had with Amara. I called the real estate agent. I told them I needed a house and they ask me to come check out the ones they've got. The agent also promised to send some pictures.

I called Oba and told him to come to the hotel. He came by later in the day and I explained my plight to him. I also showed him the pictures the agent sent.

We went through the pictures and we decided to pick one of the house in lekki.
"We'll go tomorrow then" I said.
"Call Crystal and tell her. She can come with us too" he suggested.
"I don't want to stress her. She should be resting on weekends and not going around"
"Crystal is fine, let her come. So she could give her opinion too"
I agreed and called Crystal who promised to come with us. I told her Oba and I will come pick her up the next day.

The next day came and the three of us headed to the Agent's office. The Agent took us round and after putting heads together, we agreed on. All the houses were beautiful and so it was not easy to conclude on one. We made a choice and it was perfect. A serene and beautiful environment with a house wonderfully and tastefully built.

I noticed the closeness between Crystal and Oba. At first I thought it was just the Driver- Employer Relationship that made them close but as an elderly man and one who was once in love, I think it's more than that it's just that I'm not sure if either of them noticed this because the attraction and affection I saw is still crude and natural. They haven't started nurturing it.
"There's one person that need to approve this house" Oba's voice interrupted my thought.
"Who?" Crystal asked.
"Your mum" he replied her.
"It's Daddy's choice, why my mum" she said searching Oba's face.
"Crystal! You are not a baby. Anyways, we'll talk later" he said and I was still wondering what he wants to tell her later.
He faced me now. "Daddy Afam, what did you say?" He asked me.
"You have a point, Crystal you can send the picture of the house to your mum and let's hear her view"
"Okay sir" she took the picture of the house with her iPhone 7. She snapped both the interior and exterior.
"I've sent it, but let me call her. I don't think she's online" Crystal said.
She called her mum and told her to check her WhatsApp message.

Few minutes later, she called Crystal back. Oba and I didn't hear the other side of the conversation. We only hear Crystal's part.
"Dad, wants you to give the final verdict. Do you like the house?”
"Mum.....do you approve it" Crystal asked Amara
I'm very sure, she told her we can make the decision without her because Crystal had to talked her into it before she gave her say.
"Ok mum, we all like it too. Thanks"
She ended the call and turned to us with a smile. "She loves it. She said it's beautiful"
"Good, great minds think alike" I said. I requested for the account details and transferred the money from my personal account.

I was given all the necessary documents. The keys was also handed over to us.
Crystal promised to bring her friend who is an interior decorator to start work as soon as possible.
An hour and half later, we were back at the hotel with Crystal and Oba. I thanked them for their help. I was so grateful to Crystal who should have spent the weekend resting given the condition of my hands. They dropped me of and left immediately.

CRYSTAL
On our way home, Oba and I started talking about the event of the day.
"Let's stop at the restaurant close to my house" I said.
"Let me just take you straight home. You need to rest, you know the condition of your hand"
"I'm not tired, I'm fine. You guys all worry too much about me but I'm fine"
"Okay if you insist" he shrugged.
We settled down at the restaurant and placed our orders.
"You know, we never talked about your salary"
"Don't worry, your dad said he'll handle it"
"You really like my dad and he likes you too. Sometimes I get jealous you know"
"Huh.... don't be. You know the condition at which we met brought us closer. He had no one then except me until he found you and your mum" he explained.
"I understand perfectly well, you don't have to explain yourself. By the way why did you involve my mum" I asked with a smile plastered on my face because I already knew what he had at the back of his mind.
"You know why already Crystal, do you still want me to spell it out!"
"Hmmm....yes" I said still smiling.
"Don't you want those two back together. We have to make them be involved in each other's lives. I already pictured your mum living in that house with your dad"
My smile widened. "Oba, you are a very sensitive person. I know you know my mum still loves my dad. You almost bursted her the first day you stepped into our house"
"Oh! How else can we explained how a beautiful woman like that never got married. No other man's love can matches the love she has for your Dad"
"You are right but what about the family he left behind in Enugu?"
"You survived for years without a father, they'll survive too. More so, I don't think his children even noticed or feels his absence"
"From what Dad said about them, I'm sure they are happy he left. But you know Dad is an influential person, soon people will find out he left them for us"

________________Toyin Taiwo
"Who cares! Crystal, that man deserves to be happy after all this years. I mean his memory of you and your mum was locked for over two decades"
"I know but.....
"Don't worry, things will fall into place itself"
"I hope so" I said and sighed. "Thank you so much"
"What are you thanking me for this time?"
"For everything Oba, it's like we've known you for ages"
"Same here, and I really love the three of you like my own family. I see you all back together as one family again by God’s grace”
"I pray so too, but....
"No but, let's just be hopeful"
“Ok”
I held his hands. "Your woman is the most lucky woman on earth. You know"
He smiled. If you say so but there's no lucky woman for now"
"You are not in a relationship?” I questioned.
"Don't act surprised, cos you are not dating too" he countered.
"You know my story nau... I just want to take my time"
"But you know that guy loves you right?" He said referring to Soma.
"Don't change the subject. Why are you not dating"
"I'm a very busy person, you know the nature of my work. I leave home early and come back late in the night except Sundays" he defended.
"That's not an excuse. You know. Guys who are in relationship are not idle they are busy too"
"I know, let's just say....
"You've not found the right person" I cut in.
"Something like that" He smirked.
"Thank God you admitted' I said raising my drink at him.
"Now let's stop talking about me. You have to call your friend and make sure they start work as soon as possible. I want Daddy Afam to move in soonest"
"Ok, let me call her now" I said and called Hauwa, we agreed to meet the following week to choose the theme for the decor. I ended the call and told Oba that she promised to do a fast job.
Oba's phone rang too.
"It's your dad" He informed. "I think we should leave now, I'm sure he wants to know if you are home already"
"Pick his call then we'll leave"
"What will I tell him, I should have taken you straight home and not here"
"I don't know" I said frankly. I know my dad won't like the fact that I'm not home by now.
"Kai, you just ditched me" he said and picked the call when the call came in again. He placed it on speaker.
"Hello sir"

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by HARMYMY(f): 8:06pm On Feb 03, 2018
Rachealfst may God increase your intellect

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by phayth(f): 8:09pm On Feb 03, 2018
Merci beaucoup!

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Deckline(m): 8:18pm On Feb 03, 2018
Like for real? Crystal,are you falling for Oba,That poor cab driver? Mtchew... If i were Soma,i'd just laugh and move on, get richer and get a better bae. Life is too short for mutual love sentimentalism.
Next abeg.

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by tillaman(m): 8:20pm On Feb 03, 2018
May ur neurons and dendrites never go on strike, u got it all, may God bless u continually and as u keep contributing to our lives in ur own little way, God will perfect all his works in ur LIFE!!! THANK YOU TOYIN.

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by cyndy1000(f): 8:34pm On Feb 03, 2018
Wao yeeeeah they're already more than close. please mention me on your next update. loving this so much.

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by rchilee: 8:35pm On Feb 03, 2018
I am not happy at the turn of this....Soma is not a bad person so he should not be painted as one

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by lonesome501(m): 9:10pm On Feb 03, 2018
nobody z saying soma is a bad person,,the mutual feeling z nt there anymore,,or do u want dem to venture into loveless relationshp,,god forbid badt thing...weldone jare,,rachealfst... SOMA/EZINNE...

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by labelle123(f): 9:15pm On Feb 03, 2018
rchilee:
I am not happy at the turn of this....Soma is not a bad person so he should not be painted as one
True talk
Thanks for the update. For making our day with this wonderful story, joy and happiness will never depart from you.

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by vickyluvspices(f): 9:20pm On Feb 03, 2018
Pinkfeet:

i think Wumsgreen is refering to afam pesonal driver that accepted 1m to update beatrice abt afam's whereabout.

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by vickyluvspices(f): 9:43pm On Feb 03, 2018
auty T.T wanna make me start bawling lyk a baby for my poor soma is loosing crystal to our too humble oba....isowright...sniffsloudly...also tanks her for the update with a shy smile.

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Nobody: 9:49pm On Feb 03, 2018
Crystal and Oba? Love don start be dis o!

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Mcweber(m): 9:53pm On Feb 03, 2018
I know I'm the next few episodes.... we get to see CRYSTAL weds OBA!!!!

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Mcweber(m): 9:54pm On Feb 03, 2018
I know in the next few episodes.... we get to see CRYSTAL weds OBA!!!!

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Pinkfeet: 10:59pm On Feb 03, 2018
Maymac:

She is not cursing oba but the driver that told Beatrice about Afam whereabouts because of money

okay i think she was cursing oba .

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (67) (Reply)

My Life On Campus (A True Life Story). / Red Ashes / Beauty And The Mechanic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.