Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,856 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:43 AM

Lady Shares Embarrassing Moment Boyfriend Tried To Propose On NYE, But Bailed - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Lady Shares Embarrassing Moment Boyfriend Tried To Propose On NYE, But Bailed (762 Views)

Share Your Embarrassing Moment, While On A Date / Moment Boyfriend Stopped His Babe From Running To Meet Male Celebrity / What Has Been Your Most Embarrassing Moment This Year? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lady Shares Embarrassing Moment Boyfriend Tried To Propose On NYE, But Bailed by HeWrites(m): 8:35am On Jan 06, 2018
A Reddit user took to the social media app to describe how horribly her year started. She shared the most embarrassing moment that happened to her on New Year's Eve, after her partner of six years absconded halfway through a marriage proposal to her.

Read what she wrote below:
“We had talked about getting married, and I always said I wanted a proposal in front of a few close friends/family members. He agreed, and thought the sentiment was nice,”
oftestroksy’s story began.

“Our anniversary is New Year’s Eve and a friend was hosting a party with a handful of our other mutual friends. I kind of knew what was coming up. He was jittery and nervous, acting super awkward the whole night.”

After dropping to one knee and not popping the question, the boyfriend in question fled the scene and hasn’t been heard from since.

“Right at 11:59, he gets down on one knee, but he didn’t say anything. He just stared at me, and kept opening and closing his mouth like he was trying to say something. I knew it was happening, and I was just so excited. I was crying, our friends were gasping.

“At midnight, the ball dropped on the TV , and we all heard the cheering, and my boyfriend shook his head and got up, and told me, 'I’m sorry. I’m really sorry. I just can’t do this.' And he left.

“I’ve never felt more embarrassed in my life. That was supposed to be the happiest moment of our lives, shared with our friends. If he hadn’t wanted to propose, I wouldn’t care if he just didn’t. I wouldn’t care if he told me. I wouldn’t care. I want to spend my life with him, and if that meant not getting engaged and married, I wouldn’t care”.

“What I care about is him getting on one knee, watching me cry and look so excited, then tell me he 'can’t do this.' I feel like it’s almost my fault. I mean, did I ask for too much?”

As if that wasn't bad enough, using the location tool on Snapchat, the jilted woman was able to pinpoint the location of her boyfriend and it was a place she didnt recognize, so she asked a mutual friend of hers if they knew the location, but their friend refused to tell her, saying they were sworn to secrecy.

"I didn’t recognize the intersection, so I sent it to a friend, who said they were sworn to secrecy by my BF. Nobody else knew. I’m feeling really paranoid. Is it an ex’s place? Just a buddy’s house? I don’t want to sound like a stalker, but I’ve been watching him on the map, just feeling endlessly betrayed by him."

"He hasn’t called, hasn’t texted, hasn’t emailed, hasn’t even snail mailed. I miss him. I went into 2018 alone and confused and scared, and it’s just stayed that way ever since. I feel like he owes me at least half an apology. I’ve texted him, called him, done my part- and he always reads it (he has read receipts on) or declines the call. I’m so worn out. He’s trying to ghost me, it feels like.

"I don’t think I can do that with the man I’ve lived with for four years now, or the man that I’ve dedicated my life to for six years. What should I do?"

What do you think she should do?

http://www.torimill.com/2018/01/lady-shares-embarrassing-moment-her.html

Lalasticlala Mynd44 Dominique

Re: Lady Shares Embarrassing Moment Boyfriend Tried To Propose On NYE, But Bailed by Nobody: 8:44am On Jan 06, 2018
If you've dated for six years and he still acts this way then sister advice yourself. Dude doesn't want to wife you. Give him space since you don't mind living the rest of your life with him without being legally married and he'll come around.
Re: Lady Shares Embarrassing Moment Boyfriend Tried To Propose On NYE, But Bailed by Andracarles: 9:02am On Jan 06, 2018
I would have advised, but since the sister isnt going to read this....
Re: Lady Shares Embarrassing Moment Boyfriend Tried To Propose On NYE, But Bailed by pocohantas(f): 9:09am On Jan 06, 2018
People get to the altar and realise they can't do this, it's just the realisation of what marriage entails that gives that cold feet.
Some are truly not ready for all that work and commitment, some are just scared and need a lil support/time.

The guy owes her an explanation though.
He shouldn't leave her clueless and confused.

Na she ask for public proposal sef? grin
I don't fancy public proposals, just bring "aromatic schnapp" to my father when we're ready to take that step.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Shares Embarrassing Moment Boyfriend Tried To Propose On NYE, But Bailed by nenergy(m): 9:17am On Jan 06, 2018
“We had talked about getting married, and I always said I wanted a proposal in front of a few close friends/family members. He agreed, and thought the sentiment was nice"
Its my proposal beesh, so you can't tell me how to do it. Public proposals are corny and takes the essence away!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Shares Embarrassing Moment Boyfriend Tried To Propose On NYE, But Bailed by Michellla(f): 11:26am On Jan 06, 2018
she could have saved herself the embarrassment by letting him propose in his own way.

1 Like

Re: Lady Shares Embarrassing Moment Boyfriend Tried To Propose On NYE, But Bailed by Surfboard(m): 11:34am On Jan 06, 2018
His ancestors whispered something to him in that moment, and they showed him what his life will be like with her, and what it would be like without her.

Only him knows what he saw, but whatever it was, it was enough to make him change his mind.

Another soul saved.

1 Like

Re: Lady Shares Embarrassing Moment Boyfriend Tried To Propose On NYE, But Bailed by Gofwane(m): 12:16pm On Jan 06, 2018
My girlfriend once told me that she would like her man to propose to her in public. Me i told her that i want a lady that won't even care about proposals.

If possible I'll just pick you up from work and on our home i see a registry, we'll just branch inside and boom!! We don marry grin
Re: Lady Shares Embarrassing Moment Boyfriend Tried To Propose On NYE, But Bailed by JONNYSPUTE(m): 12:58pm On Jan 06, 2018
Why on earth will you tell a guy how and where to propose to you? I doubt if this story is true.

(1) (Reply)

Please Start Crying Is Good For Health See Reasons Why It Is Good To Cry / Don't Operate In Time Frame That Is Not Yours / The Day Facebook Died! (Must read!)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.