Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,817 members, 7,810,138 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:30 PM

Nigerian Mega-rich Pastors Living In Million Pound Homes Prey On Believers - UK - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigerian Mega-rich Pastors Living In Million Pound Homes Prey On Believers - UK (48594 Views)

Why Don't Rich Pastors Emphasize On This Bible Quote. / How UK Based Nigerian Pastors Prey On Their Members & Live In Million Pound Home / Rich Pastors Disregarding The Poor – Falana Mocks Adeboye, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Mega-rich Pastors Living In Million Pound Homes Prey On Believers - UK by Nobody: 10:09am On Jan 08, 2018
b0rn2fuck:
just like yahoo yahoo , nobody force anyone, it's a game.

Arresting them and charging them for "criminal diversion or obtaining by false pretense" can also be game!
These pastors are criminals. They should all be arrested, jailed, and all the stolen monies should be retrieved on-behalf of the slow-pokes that attend their churches.

This type of Christianity is a scam!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Mega-rich Pastors Living In Million Pound Homes Prey On Believers - UK by Desyner: 10:10am On Jan 08, 2018
What!
Re: Nigerian Mega-rich Pastors Living In Million Pound Homes Prey On Believers - UK by sucess001(m): 10:10am On Jan 08, 2018
that guy behind pastor ashimolowo in the first picture looks like George Weah

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Mega-rich Pastors Living In Million Pound Homes Prey On Believers - UK by VictorRomanov: 10:11am On Jan 08, 2018
Jesse01:
he did not force people to come to his church or neither did he force his member to pay tithes and offerings did he?, so if he lives in a dollar million mansion or he's preying on his church members it dose not concer me his church members are not complaining ,so it none of my business.

It's none of your business, but you spent data, spent time to read thru and still spent time to cracked your brain to write this epistle above.

Okay ooo. Kwontinue.
Re: Nigerian Mega-rich Pastors Living In Million Pound Homes Prey On Believers - UK by b0rn2fuck(m): 10:12am On Jan 08, 2018
namet:

Arresting them and charging them for "criminal diversion or obtaining by false pretense" can also be game!
These pastors are criminals. They should all be arrested, jailed, and all the stolen monies should be retrieved on-behalf of the slow-pokes that attend their churches.

This type of Christianity is a scam!
true talk
Re: Nigerian Mega-rich Pastors Living In Million Pound Homes Prey On Believers - UK by Nobody: 10:14am On Jan 08, 2018
It's not any different with what happens here in Nigeria.

It's the same gullible lot out there who believe in the supernatural that empty their today for tomorrow's mirage.

Re: Nigerian Mega-rich Pastors Living In Million Pound Homes Prey On Believers - UK by nanizle(m): 10:15am On Jan 08, 2018
Jesse01:
he did not force people to come to his church or neither did he force his member to pay tithes and offerings did he?, so if he lives in a dollar million mansion or he's preying on his church members it dose not concer me his church members are not complaining ,so it none of my business.

Same way scammers don't 'force' victims to give them money.
Re: Nigerian Mega-rich Pastors Living In Million Pound Homes Prey On Believers - UK by McSterling(m): 10:15am On Jan 08, 2018
frosbel2:

You call the demonic exhibition below Christianity ??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SgByE0pX1M

Total madness.
Re: Nigerian Mega-rich Pastors Living In Million Pound Homes Prey On Believers - UK by Nobody: 10:15am On Jan 08, 2018
As I saw sun uk, daily mail came to my mind.
Those guys are worse than 9ja bloggers.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Mega-rich Pastors Living In Million Pound Homes Prey On Believers - UK by Funkybabee(f): 10:17am On Jan 08, 2018
And weytin be their own,did any worshippers there complain na God go destroy them all even oloriburuku freezes wey start this nonsense..he is going to see wrath of God this year if he didn't change his way Let leave them for God to purnish no be me go help them eat in their on cane...and when they start from mud house no person see them then oooo...

Oloshi gbogbo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Mega-rich Pastors Living In Million Pound Homes Prey On Believers - UK by SheIsElle(f): 10:17am On Jan 08, 2018
frosbel2:

You call the demonic exhibition below Christianity ??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SgByE0pX1M
Definitely not Christianity, demon infested. The laugh doesn't even sound human. Am still trying to figure out what is happening.
Re: Nigerian Mega-rich Pastors Living In Million Pound Homes Prey On Believers - UK by Nobody: 10:19am On Jan 08, 2018
honey001:
This man called frosbel is an Antichrist...... Little wonder he was excommunicated from Deeper Life Bible Church.

I swear down. He is the number one, he hates Christians and Christianity that's why he attacks them with the truth

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Mega-rich Pastors Living In Million Pound Homes Prey On Believers - UK by GallantGalaxy: 10:20am On Jan 08, 2018
[quote author=frosbel2 post=63963742][/quote]

Don't mind this racist white men newspaper tried and failed to bring down a man of God, a visionary, a motivational leader who has mentored so many men and women to great achievement.

As for KICC the charity commissioners spent millions of church funds investigating them for years and at the end recommended a significant increase in Pastor Ashimolowo salary after initially suspending salary payments to him.

They came from Nigeria and initially did some things that might make sense but contravened the charity rules.

I have not attended his church in 15 years plus but know that any man or woman without jealousy in his mind who listens to him will be changed spiritually, career wise, financially guided and have a superior outlook on life and how to navigate the diaspora situation.

They are just jealous of a black man who is helping majorly black people to keep their life in balance.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Mega-rich Pastors Living In Million Pound Homes Prey On Believers - UK by Desyner: 10:20am On Jan 08, 2018
uboma:

I will rather describe them as "thieves who uses the Bible ignorance as their tool"
Fixed!
Re: Nigerian Mega-rich Pastors Living In Million Pound Homes Prey On Believers - UK by Dee60: 10:22am On Jan 08, 2018
frosbel2:
Most Nigerian Men of 'god' are shameless, unrepentant, THIEVES.

'MOST' - It should not be used in this case. More than half of over 50,000 pastors in Nigeria do not even own bicycles. The media carries some stories about pastors and everyone jumps to conclusion and generalise! At any rate one should not be too quick to judge anyone. It is a pity that the world assumes that pastoring and poverty are twins. It is far from the truth.
Re: Nigerian Mega-rich Pastors Living In Million Pound Homes Prey On Believers - UK by biz9ja(m): 10:23am On Jan 08, 2018
I believe the devil will use this weakness of our pastors to draw people to himself.

Living lavish Lifestyles while members suffer is an understatement... Please read your bible wella...check the lifestyle of the Levite in the bible

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Mega-rich Pastors Living In Million Pound Homes Prey On Believers - UK by Funkybabee(f): 10:24am On Jan 08, 2018
Pataricatering:
Just as you have the right to make it none of your business other people also have the right to make it their business by talking about it !

And weytin be ur own problem %alara ni ara orun'what concern you..did they complain I can spend my money in any area I wish even, used ham to wash my poo weytin concern you it's pay them that is why they continue you guys should stop this nonsense if u wan breakthrough...leave them for God to purnish

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Mega-rich Pastors Living In Million Pound Homes Prey On Believers - UK by erico2k2(m): 10:26am On Jan 08, 2018
dhebo:
how Matthew ashimolowo's congregation see this and still not understand the man is toying with their earning is what am confused about..how will a pastor live in a 1million dollars manshion lipsrsealed
£1m not $ grin
Re: Nigerian Mega-rich Pastors Living In Million Pound Homes Prey On Believers - UK by stagger: 10:27am On Jan 08, 2018
These are nothing but lies.

Matthew Ashimolowo does not take a dime from KICC except a return ticket to Nigeria for summer ONCE A YEAR. He makes his money from book sales, agriculture (he owns the largest Ofada rice farm in Africa) and speaking engagements.

These useless Brits who came down to Benin and STOLE thousands of artefacts in 1897 cannot understand how a black man from Nigeria, former muslim turned Christian Pastor, can come to UK with a briefcase and become an outstanding success. It is beyond them.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Mega-rich Pastors Living In Million Pound Homes Prey On Believers - UK by erico2k2(m): 10:29am On Jan 08, 2018
[[s]quote author=GallantGalaxy post=63998730]

Don't mind this racist white men newspaper tried and failed to bring down a man of God, a visionary, a motivational leader who has mentored so many men and women to great achievement.

As for KICC the charity commissioners spent millions of church funds investigating them for years and at the end recommended a significant increase in Pastor Ashimolowo salary after initially suspending salary payments to him.

They came from Nigeria and initially did some things that might make sense but contravened the charity rules.

I have not attended his church in 15 years plus but know that any man or woman without jealousy in his mind who listens to him will be changed spiritually, career wise, financially guided and have a superior outlook on life and how to navigate the diaspora situation.

They are just jealous of a black man who is helping[/s] majorly black people to keep their life in balance.[/quote]
Trash

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Mega-rich Pastors Living In Million Pound Homes Prey On Believers - UK by erico2k2(m): 10:31am On Jan 08, 2018
stagger:
These are nothing but lies.

Matthew Ashimolowo does not take a dime from KICC except a return ticket to Nigeria for summer ONCE A YEAR. He makes his money from book sales, agriculture (he owns the largest Ofada rice farm in Africa) and speaking engagements.

These useless Brits who came down to Benin and STOLE thousands of artefacts in 1897 cannot understand how a black man from Nigeria, former muslim turned Christian Pastor, can come to UK with a briefcase and become an outstanding success. It is beyond them.
You forgot the country where he preaches brought Christianity into Nigeria . Compare the Nigerian pastors and the English pastors .

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Mega-rich Pastors Living In Million Pound Homes Prey On Believers - UK by Nobody: 10:31am On Jan 08, 2018
Dee60:

'MOST' - It should not be used in this case. More than half of over 50,000 pastors in Nigeria do not even own bicycles. The media carries some stories about pastors and everyone jumps to conclusion and generalise! At any rate one should not be too quick to judge anyone. It is a pity that the world assumes that pastoring and poverty are twins. It is far from the truth.

You have a point here, hence I used the word 'men of god' as opposed to Pastors - but yes , good point.
Re: Nigerian Mega-rich Pastors Living In Million Pound Homes Prey On Believers - UK by FreeWorld23: 10:31am On Jan 08, 2018
Smh
Re: Nigerian Mega-rich Pastors Living In Million Pound Homes Prey On Believers - UK by Nobody: 10:32am On Jan 08, 2018
GallantGalaxy:

They are just jealous of a black man who is helping majorly black people to keep their life in balance.

Racist ?? For exposing these thieves and criminals and freeing their clueless sheeple ?

You people are living in delusion land.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Mega-rich Pastors Living In Million Pound Homes Prey On Believers - UK by kingthreat(m): 10:32am On Jan 08, 2018
Statsocial:
As Kenneth Hagin of blessed memory once said "when it comes to the issue of church finance there is a thin line between the Permissible and the Objectionable".

Meanwhile this Journalist went on a fault-finding mission and definitely when you go out to find fault you would definitenely find one. This is not to say there are no fraudsters out there fleecing people in the name of God...

I think it is high time that Religious organizations everywhere are mandated to give a complete and thorough financial review to members of the Church and the Public- I think with that, members can fully understand what their money is being used for... Church finances being clouded in secrecy does no one any good and it gives these ill-willing Atheists opportunity to exploit those controversies and derail some.

I also still believe that the Church expenditure and income which should be made completely open for all to review must FOREVER be Tax Exempt.

Very nice piece. I agree 100%. The church must be transparent

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Mega-rich Pastors Living In Million Pound Homes Prey On Believers - UK by adeblow(m): 10:32am On Jan 08, 2018
LuvU2:
Many dumb people in this world, can't believe. Hw would u continue to fend for people who have more than enough when there re billions out there who re trying to just survive. You can't even look God in the face, He would slap u to hell in a breath.

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Mega-rich Pastors Living In Million Pound Homes Prey On Believers - UK by Angelfrost(m): 10:33am On Jan 08, 2018
Hmmm.... Well, I personally believe most of these 'flocks' know the truth deep down. They simply choose to dwell in that lazy hazy world of indoctrination. The misguided belief that God can only truly bless you financially when you dole out hard-earned money to His 'servants' is borne out of the same old slavish, obsequious, servile mentality which most black people especially Africans, are cursed with. What a shame!!!
Re: Nigerian Mega-rich Pastors Living In Million Pound Homes Prey On Believers - UK by Bollinger(m): 10:36am On Jan 08, 2018
lloyds:
Church is a business, and it's God's business. So if the people footing these bulls are not forced nor complaining, no one has any right to harass them or question their financial probity.

Most of the people that patronize these churches are doing so because their hapetite or needs were met there.

You are right. Pastors/fraudsters are not forcing anyone. Just like online fraudsters don't force anyone to part with their hard earned funds.
Re: Nigerian Mega-rich Pastors Living In Million Pound Homes Prey On Believers - UK by deebrownneymar: 10:37am On Jan 08, 2018
I tell you This, it is a grave SIN for pastors to enrich themselves off the gospel. First ask yourselves if Jesus would do or say the same things that almost all our pastor do or say?
The monetization of the gospel must be checked.
Re: Nigerian Mega-rich Pastors Living In Million Pound Homes Prey On Believers - UK by slawali: 10:38am On Jan 08, 2018
I have said before,corruptions started from so call men of God, Africans re blinded with religious that is y it is very difficult us for us to develop. God help us.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Mega-rich Pastors Living In Million Pound Homes Prey On Believers - UK by agarawu23(m): 10:39am On Jan 08, 2018
check his members, I am 200% sure 97% are Africans and Nigeria making about 85% since he is a Nigerian pastor who took his hustle to oversea.

Only in Africa Nigeria people worship their clergymen more than their Main GOD. They are blinded and charmed to see reality and they end up in the stupidity of following evil men who call theirselve men of God. When u take your problem to the church, they tell u to ask God but if they need houses in lekki, they will ask u members to donate and even those living in a face me I face will still bring money out from his/her petty trade. I curse the day religion took over our country

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Video Of The 2-Year-Old Boy Who Killed A Snake Being Interviewed / Church Where Couple Must Buy Suits For Host Pastor & His Wife Before They Wed / Ondo Underground Church: MURIC Asks IGP To Transfer Case To Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.