Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,642 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:33 PM

Fg Assures Of Radical Improvement In Power Supply - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fg Assures Of Radical Improvement In Power Supply (3913 Views)

I’ll Perform Better In My Second Term If Re-Elected - President Jonathan Assures / Jonathan Assures Of Stable Power Supply Mid 2014 / Onovo Assures Of Crime-free Society (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fg Assures Of Radical Improvement In Power Supply by shockreaction(m): 9:41am On Apr 10, 2010
As popularly said, "Na today?!" grin
Re: Fg Assures Of Radical Improvement In Power Supply by fortunejum: 10:02am On Apr 10, 2010
story
Re: Fg Assures Of Radical Improvement In Power Supply by member479760: 11:05am On Apr 10, 2010
Very good that a lot of guys understood that electro-energy is different from the banking sector where one can make a reform under 24 hours without serious research.
Re: Fg Assures Of Radical Improvement In Power Supply by Nobody: 11:21am On Apr 10, 2010
el-effizi:

It is a shame to realise that with the vast amount of profit that Nigerians make from crude oil as the seventh largest producer of oil in the world, we are still talking about privatisation. It only shows that our cardinal challenge is corruption ,which prevents a lot of Nigerian rulers from thinking constructively on about the judicious spending of public funds for qualitative social amenities, and the careful selection of honest experts who will deliver.

Privatisation is the lasting solution to the epileptic electic power situation in the country. It is not about the old formula of appointing the right people or commiting billions of naira of scarce funds. This approach of putting political appointees  in charge of large and very complex businesses has never worked.

Even imagine that none of these people has experience of running an electric  power company! There is no need for more research or more investigations. Break up NEPA and sell it off for a nominal fee. Then the FGN can invite and attract more private sector investors.
Re: Fg Assures Of Radical Improvement In Power Supply by deb(m): 2:53pm On Apr 10, 2010
my fingers crossed waiting
Re: Fg Assures Of Radical Improvement In Power Supply by masido(f): 6:12pm On Apr 10, 2010
Guys, if the FG set their minds to achieve this, they can achieve it.just that Nigerians have been dissappointed before.
But we should just keep our fingers crossed and hope for our sakes that this time, they will get it right with power suppy.
So far GJ has been trying and he might just be serious about this so called radical improvement in power suppy, who knows?Lets wait and see.
Re: Fg Assures Of Radical Improvement In Power Supply by akwaowoudo(m): 8:47am On Apr 11, 2010
I pray it isn't a pipe dream.
Re: Fg Assures Of Radical Improvement In Power Supply by PStacks(m): 12:25pm On Apr 11, 2010
Details details, dont bore me with the details.
Just tell me when its done!!
don't tell me about the pain.just show me the baby
Re: Fg Assures Of Radical Improvement In Power Supply by chidichris(m): 1:09pm On Apr 11, 2010
Very good that a lot of guys understood that electro-energy is different from the banking sector where one can make a reform under 24 hours without serious research.

@nakedall,
u and ur group are responsible for the backwardness in this country.
research! research!! research!!!
u are in the same school of thought that believe that rome was not built in a day. how long did it take to build rome?
how old is nigeria and how long does it take for researches to be concluded? since 1999 till date, it has been pdp in power. tell me if there was a proggrame in place, will this long 11 yrs be enough to conclude ur so-called research? will the world come to an end before we enjoy what other less priveledged countries are enjoying? tell me, where did all these poor and wretched countries of africa get what made them have and enjoy steady power supply?
how come each and everyone of these politicians come on board with this same empty promise of steady light within 48 hrs? have u ever looked into how much within this wasted and useless 11 yrs of pdp madness have been invested in the unfulfilled promises of giving us steady power supply?
if it takes endless years to reseach on power supply, how long does it take to vote out funds for looting?
nigeria is a case of bad leadership with no good intentions for this country.
are u saying if laws are made against the use of generators in anyone's house in nigeria. all these high blood riden rulers will wait for 2 weeks to give us steady power supply.
get a radical into power not vegetables like jonathan, make and enforce laws banning the use of generators in our homes, ban nigerians from schooling abroad and ban rulers from foreign medical and see within one month if nigeria will not be a heaven out of this present hell.
Re: Fg Assures Of Radical Improvement In Power Supply by honeric01(m): 6:52am On Apr 12, 2010
solution to this electricity problem? ban the sales and purchases of generators. those already owning one should be banned from using it. trust me, trust me, change and progress will come as fast as you can imagine.
Re: Fg Assures Of Radical Improvement In Power Supply by eewule(m): 2:48pm On Apr 12, 2010
They should never do-away with the need to remove all the scheming PHCN bosses who have been promoting the rapid expansion of generator sales and renting the electricity transformer in communities as if it were their personal properties.

These people need to be taken off the board, else they will be scheming to undo whatever good that goodluck and his crew do to nigeria's power palava
Re: Fg Assures Of Radical Improvement In Power Supply by Rmc1(m): 11:09pm On Apr 15, 2010
The power problem in nigeria is very easy to solve. privatise the whole power sector simple!! From power production to marketing. Sell the sector to big multinaionals and nigeria will have electricity 24/7  the telecom sector serves as a good example.

The federal govt should dismantle that old primitve law/ electricity decree that prevents private sector from handling electricity production and supply. It will take avery bold president to take this very bold step

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

80% Road Accidents Caused By Human Factor – Agwu / 'You’re A Very Bad Man' How 4yr Old Confronted Kenyan Mall Gunman (Photos) / Append Your Signature: No Violence!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.