Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,012 members, 7,821,547 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:48 PM

Ladies Dont Like To Marry Whn They Are In Their Prime? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies Dont Like To Marry Whn They Are In Their Prime? (2930 Views)

Pic: Whn Ur Babe Keep Disturbing U That She Wanna Ride Power Bike / Ladies Dont Lie..who Would U Chose? / I Dont Like Non Of Miss Nairaland Contestants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies Dont Like To Marry Whn They Are In Their Prime? by sayso: 12:17pm On Apr 14, 2010
nothing,it is all about knowing you have what others are looking for,like in an auction sale.
Re: Ladies Dont Like To Marry Whn They Are In Their Prime? by Abbygyal(f): 12:23pm On Apr 14, 2010
lol well nt all gurls fink in that manner. . . .e.g. me feeling good about myself means it isnt mandatory for a man tto make me feel good bout myself
Re: Ladies Dont Like To Marry Whn They Are In Their Prime? by sayso: 12:29pm On Apr 14, 2010
thats ok,watched a movie sometime ago,(Two Moon Junction)Perry think was his name telling two little girls in the park "enjoy it while it last,nerver think it will last forever".
Re: Ladies Dont Like To Marry Whn They Are In Their Prime? by Abbygyal(f): 12:32pm On Apr 14, 2010
uhmm . . .yh! only a dumb gurl will fink she will forever be young -_-
Re: Ladies Dont Like To Marry Whn They Are In Their Prime? by ruskiee(m): 12:39pm On Apr 14, 2010
^^ Real talk.
Re: Ladies Dont Like To Marry Whn They Are In Their Prime? by GboyegaD(m): 11:49am On Apr 15, 2010
Hey ladies,

Most of U r only pretending that it doesn't matter because you are unfortunate not to have been married at 26. I can boldly tell you that most Naija ladies wants to marry before that age however, when they are unfortunate to still be single at that age they form all forms of excuses ranging from self independence to incompatibility etc. Whilst some have genuine reasons which is that they are yet to get the right person, some because of their myopic reasoning and selfishness have opted to make their husband their boyfriend thus, have missed the right man for them.
Re: Ladies Dont Like To Marry Whn They Are In Their Prime? by formm: 12:11pm On Apr 15, 2010
no mind dem we guys go meet and decide the age limit for dating 20 and marriage 24
Re: Ladies Dont Like To Marry Whn They Are In Their Prime? by johnterry4: 12:57pm On Apr 15, 2010
form m:

no mind dem we guys go meet and decide the age limit for dating 20 and marriage 24

yes o.we have d power.
Re: Ladies Dont Like To Marry Whn They Are In Their Prime? by LadyLocs(f): 3:38pm On Apr 15, 2010
In my early 20`s I was travelling, part time studying, sometimes working, kissing gorgeous frogs, ducking dull princes, basically making up my own rules and having fun. Late 20`s I was busy trying to act grown up. As you can see, had a full diary and had to travel light.
Re: Ladies Dont Like To Marry Whn They Are In Their Prime? by johnterry4: 4:50pm On Apr 19, 2010
[size=16pt]
LadyLocs:

In my early 20`s I was travelling, part time studying, sometimes working, kissing gorgeous frogs, ducking dull princes, basically making up my own rules and having fun. Late 20`s I was busy trying to act grown up. As you can see, had a full diary and had to travel light.

very soon u will start looking for someone to marry u[/size]
Re: Ladies Dont Like To Marry Whn They Are In Their Prime? by Spanishfly(f): 5:15pm On Apr 19, 2010
GboyegaD:

Hey ladies,

Most of U r only pretending that it doesn't matter because you are unfortunate not to have been married at 26. I can boldly tell you that most Naija ladies wants to marry before that age however, when they are unfortunate to still be single at that age they form all forms of excuses ranging from self independence to incompatibility etc. Whilst some have genuine reasons which is that they are yet to get the right person, some because of their myopic reasoning and selfishness have opted to make their husband their boyfriend thus, have missed the right man for them.

I quite agree with you!
Re: Ladies Dont Like To Marry Whn They Are In Their Prime? by tantan: 6:15pm On Apr 22, 2010
sincerely speaking, a girl marrying at her prime is the best because most men will approach her for marriage at 18-21 and at that time she can select the one she likes most with her taste may be money, his handsome nature and so forth. but at 26 and above, no selection coz she is desperate to settle with whoever comes her way.
Re: Ladies Dont Like To Marry Whn They Are In Their Prime? by Imeobong(m): 6:41pm On Apr 22, 2010
johnterry4:

[size=16pt]
very soon u will start looking for someone to marry u[/size]

johnterry4:

AMEN TO DAT your PRAYER.BY THEN your PUNNANIE GO DON SLACK DIE.THE THING GO DON WIDEEE.AND GUYS WILL JUST BE TESTING U TO SEE IF U ARE TIGHT DOWN THERE.

lol
laugh wan kill me  grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ladies Dont Like To Marry Whn They Are In Their Prime? by sophy09: 9:56pm On Apr 22, 2010
Why should a lady marry in her prime? You are the same set of guys that will complain when you start supporting the woman and her children. You will compare her to her mates that finished school and in big position. After some time you stop comparing and start dating them. When your female kids are old enough, you ensure they finish school, and according to Nigeria's education she can finish school at the age of 26 max.
Re: Ladies Dont Like To Marry Whn They Are In Their Prime? by Sagamite(m): 11:42am On Apr 24, 2010
I think a woman should be free to marry anytime she deems fit. It might be best to marry young as they are in their prime and can easily get back into shape after kids, but it is also good to marry later as they go to school, get degrees and can set up good career experience so no moronic poncer can treat them like shite because they depend on him.

It really is up to each individual girl but I have to say I have little sympathy for woman like the bolded section below who are then complaining of not having a pool of suitors in their 30s and late 20s. If they have a suitor, good for them, if they do not, please stop moaning, you had your fun early now time for less fun. It is like a man that used his youth to have a blast, being out in parties all day and night, and then wondering why he can't get the highest paying jobs because his grades suck. He has had his fun, now is the time for the less fun that self-moderation puts on people.

LadyLocs:

In my early 20`s I was travelling, part time studying, sometimes working, [size=14pt]kissing gorgeous frogs, ducking dull princes, basically making up my own rules and having fun[/size]. Late 20`s I was busy trying to act grown up. As you can see, had a full diary and had to travel light.
Re: Ladies Dont Like To Marry Whn They Are In Their Prime? by agathamari(f): 6:26pm On Apr 24, 2010
people under 25 (forget this male/female crap) are still learning who they are and what they want. you marry a 18 year old and tomorrow youll complain how she has changed. the fact your worried about them being suculent shows you yourself are not mature enough to contimplate marriage
Re: Ladies Dont Like To Marry Whn They Are In Their Prime? by kieryn(f): 1:46am On Apr 26, 2010
It the same reason why you cant find a man that 25 and under that wants to marry. Just like a man need to go to school, work, find himself, and become independent, so those a woman. What man want a unfulfilled, insecure, in denial wife. Please!
Re: Ladies Dont Like To Marry Whn They Are In Their Prime? by ritaNL: 2:24am On Apr 26, 2010
Poster see as you reason like frog.
Most girls gained admission at age 21-22,plus strike and everything,they ended up graduating at age 26-28.
Remain unemployed for close to 5yrs
Same thing with guyz,do you expect this ladies to marry married men ? when the single guyz dont even have job.
Re: Ladies Dont Like To Marry Whn They Are In Their Prime? by DeepSoul(f): 7:53am On Apr 26, 2010
@RITA,
Speak for urself. I graduated at 20 (+ ASUU strike grin)
Going by the poster's analogy, I am currently in my "prime" (lwkmd) and I am picky as hell.
However, I really don't think it's an age thing. There are certain guys I wldn't touch with a pole and I don't see that changing even whn I turn 40!
It's all about knowing what you want and not settling for less undecided

So, 26 is the new 30?? Chei, time is running out!
I now have less than 1,000 days to find my prince! Damn! shocked

But really, let's be sincere, mature unmarried women (MUW) have this I-dont-care attitude about their single status but we all know that deep down, it's all a front. Most of my friends are way older than I am and they keep "advising" me not to make the same mistakes they did.

One of them told me " I have a good job, I have money, I have a great career but deep down, I'm not happy, I don't feel fulfilled. Sometimes, I just want to talk to someone. Sometimes, whn something bad happens, I wish there was some1 I cld call and share my sorrow with. When good things also happen, I wish I had some1 I cld call and share my happiness with. But there is no one. It's not the best, trust me"

She's 29. She's pretty oh! And if u dnt know her well, u'd think she's got it all but she is unhappy! Hmm! Makes me wonder. . .
Re: Ladies Dont Like To Marry Whn They Are In Their Prime? by Demdem(m): 8:44am On Apr 26, 2010
Deep Soul:

@RITA,
Speak for urself. I graduated at 20 (+ ASUU strike grin)
Going by the poster's analogy, I am currently in my "prime" (lwkmd) and I am picky as hell.
However, I really don't think it's an age thing. There are certain guys I wldn't touch with a pole and I don't see that changing even whn I turn 40!
It's all about knowing what you want and not settling for less undecided

I now have less than 1,000 days to find my prince! Damn! shocked

But really, let's be sincere, mature unmarried women (MUW) have this I-dont-care attitude about their single status but we all know that deep down, it's all a front. Most of my friends are way older than I am and they keep "advising" me not to make the same mistakes they did.

One of them told me " I have a good job, I have money, I have a great career but deep down, I'm not happy, I don't feel fulfilled. Sometimes, I just want to talk to someone. Sometimes, whn something bad happens, I wish there was some1 I cld call and share my sorrow with. When good things also happen, I wish I had some1 I cld call and share my happiness with. But there is no one. It's not the best, trust me"

She's 29. She's pretty oh! And if u dnt know her well, u'd think she's got it all but she is unhappy! Hmm! Makes me wonder. . .

^^^ lucky u but believe me that there are few people like u.

I think this marriage issue should be tackled cautiously. marry at ur time. my tots really.
Re: Ladies Dont Like To Marry Whn They Are In Their Prime? by chiozor: 9:02am On Apr 26, 2010
@Rita
Please give me the phone number of that your friend grin
Re: Ladies Dont Like To Marry Whn They Are In Their Prime? by cantell(m): 12:49pm On Apr 26, 2010
Deep Soul:

@RITA,
Speak for urself. I graduated at 20 (+ ASUU strike  grin)
It's all about knowing what you want and not settling for less  undecided

I now have less than 1,000 days to find my prince! Damn!  shocked

You take style dey advertise for ur friend. Oya come give me her nos.
Make i cheer am up!
Re: Ladies Dont Like To Marry Whn They Are In Their Prime? by Sagamite(m): 4:19pm On Apr 26, 2010
cantell:

You take style dey advertise for your friend. Oya come give me her nos.
Make i cheer am up!

Her friend is holding out for a responsible guy.  tongue grin

Deep Soul:

@RITA,

I take it you are referring mainly to MUWs in Nigeria, not the West. The ones in the west mostly always feel invincible, it is like if they are on PCP or something. But why you go blame dem when dem dey live a "Se|x and the City life" they are told is fabulous.

Deep Soul:

This is what I have been talking about. Most women need companionship far more than men do.

They need someone to converse with and trust.

Virtually all my closests friends in the UK are unmarried and they don't feel this way. They don't feel the need to share their feelings. When we meet, we just crack jokes, discuss career prospects, watch football and talk about chics.
Re: Ladies Dont Like To Marry Whn They Are In Their Prime? by cantell(m): 4:31pm On Apr 26, 2010
^^^People wey dey drink panadol for anoda person head.
I thought of many things to call you like you'll probably do, but the truth is, i don't have the time.
Look for someone else to throw ur childish tantrums at.
Re: Ladies Dont Like To Marry Whn They Are In Their Prime? by Sagamite(m): 4:53pm On Apr 26, 2010
cantell:

^^^People wey dey drink panadol for anoda person head.
I thought of many things to call you like you'll probably do, but the truth is, i don't have the time.
Look for someone else to throw your childish tantrums at.

This tongue means "joking".
Re: Ladies Dont Like To Marry Whn They Are In Their Prime? by cantell(m): 5:00pm On Apr 26, 2010
^^^sorry bros. Myopia cause am.
Didn't notice the emoticon and even if i did, i wouldn't have known what it meant.
Once again, my sincere apologies.
Re: Ladies Dont Like To Marry Whn They Are In Their Prime? by Sagamite(m): 5:10pm On Apr 26, 2010
cantell:

^^^sorry bros. Myopia cause am.
Didn't notice the emoticon and even if i did, i wouldn't have known what it meant.
Once again, my sincere apologies.

No wahala, bruv.
Re: Ladies Dont Like To Marry Whn They Are In Their Prime? by DeepSoul(f): 6:23pm On Apr 26, 2010
Sagamite:

I take it you are referring mainly to MUWs in Nigeria, not the West. The ones in the west mostly always feel invincible, it is like if they are on PCP or something. But why you go blame dem when dem dey live a "Se|x and the City life" they are told is fabulous.

Yup, referring to women in 9ja. In as much as I love my girls in S.ex & the City, no be the best lifestyle. Even with all their fabulousness, they all got married. . . except the crazy Samantha. . . dat one get spiritual issue  grin

This is what I have been talking about. Most women need companionship far more than men do.
They need someone to converse with and trust.

Men and women need companionship equally. It's just that they need it for different reasons. Women need it for conversation and related things while men mostly need it for s.ex. The woman's reasons for wanting companionship are mostly sentimental.

Virtually all my closests friends in the UK are unmarried and they don't feel this way. They don't feel the need to share their feelings. When we meet, we just crack jokes, discuss career prospects, watch football and talk about chics.

Women do all of the above as well. But we also feel the need for something "more".
Re: Ladies Dont Like To Marry Whn They Are In Their Prime? by DeepSoul(f): 6:26pm On Apr 26, 2010
cantell:

You take style dey advertise for your friend. Oya come give me her nos.
Make i cheer am up!

Lol, if to say I wan advertise her, I for post her picture na.
I for give you her number, but erm erm, my phone just crashed like 30 mins ago cry grin
Re: Ladies Dont Like To Marry Whn They Are In Their Prime? by cantell(m): 7:18pm On Apr 26, 2010
Deep Soul:

Lol, if to say I wan advertise her, I for post her picture na.
I for give you her number, but erm erm, my phone just crashed like 30 mins ago cry grin

ahhh! Wetin do ya phone na?
This una emoticon sef. Wetin that one come mean? The thing nearly put me for trouble with sagamite.
Fix that ya phone ooo. The thing wan block runs for me.
Re: Ladies Dont Like To Marry Whn They Are In Their Prime? by DeepSoul(f): 7:29pm On Apr 26, 2010
cantell:

ahhh! Wetin do ya phone na?
This una emoticon sef. Wetin that one come mean? The thing nearly put me for trouble with sagamite.
Fix that ya phone ooo. The thing wan block runs for me.

Na Nepa oh! The voltage dramatically increased while my phone was plugged sad
Now they say it can never be fixed.
Go settle your scores with NEPA grin

As for the emoticons, sowwy can't help u with that.
But I know something that can. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Common Sense grin
Re: Ladies Dont Like To Marry Whn They Are In Their Prime? by sereques(m): 7:30pm On Apr 26, 2010
26 is not old, that is the best time to get married IMO. I think old is 30+, for some it's not their fault, they are just unlucky while for others, they are unnecessarily picky.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Do You Feel When You Are In Love. / If You Were A Guy, Can You Marry The Female Version Of You(and Vice Versa)?? / Five Types Of Women Most Likely To Cheat On You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.