Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,613 members, 7,809,248 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:39 AM

Linkedin Is Really Adding Nothing To My Career. - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Linkedin Is Really Adding Nothing To My Career. (29880 Views)

Young People And Lack Of Interest In Working: What Is Really Happening? / Please Narialanders I Need Your Advice About My Career / Job Vacancy For Dispatch Bike Rider With B.sc In LinkedIn Got Nigerians Talking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Linkedin Is Really Adding Nothing To My Career. by kessdivine4all: 8:49am On Jan 10, 2018
guiddoti:
Has Facebook etc added value to your career, too? You will need understand how LinkedIn is wired, not just because you needed job, and you think LinkedIn is the platform. Create your network on LinkedIn; add value to your network, you might be lucky CEO of a company will be interested in your feed.

With facebook, as an e-commerce guy of my company , i raised my company sales from about 500million to over 1.5 billion naira, you need details, let me know
Re: Linkedin Is Really Adding Nothing To My Career. by Talk2Bella(f): 8:56am On Jan 10, 2018
cruchenutii:

Fine Girl, how r u? I know u were looking for a house on the Island one time. have u gotten one yet?

lool, yes jare i got a place
Re: Linkedin Is Really Adding Nothing To My Career. by Nobody: 9:05am On Jan 10, 2018
kessdivine4all:

With facebook, as an e-commerce guy of my company , i raised my company sales from about 500million to over 1.5 billion naira, you need details, let me know

Oya share the details please. I'm waiting.
Re: Linkedin Is Really Adding Nothing To My Career. by Duru009(m): 9:14am On Jan 10, 2018
LadyGoddiva:
You’re definitely not using it right and you’re not following the right people. Shame. Or maybe your LinkedIn presence is vapid and insipid. I know peole that have got mouth watering jobs in choice companies through the platform, the recruiters simply “slid into their DMs” and made good offers. If I want to get a job now, I can do so via LinkedIn and I can bet that within one to two weeks, I’d get a job I want. It’s all about connecting with the right people and not just being an inactive member. Create time to network, discuss, associate with other professionals. Remember it’s not like any other social network, it’s a professional one. I know the kind of useful help I’ve gotten via the platform. LinkedIn has so many potentials and it’s sad that people are not really aware about its existence. Anyways makes it even better for me. Lol

Am already a register member but I don't know how to use it well and get jobs. Please kindly help !
Re: Linkedin Is Really Adding Nothing To My Career. by Duru009(m): 9:16am On Jan 10, 2018
MRLANNISTER:

Guy. I have made over N3M on LinkedIn. My current job is via LinkedIn. I consult for 2 foreign firms I met on LinkedIn. You have to treat it as business not a chat place or just an avenue to meet new people.

Am already a member. Please kindly guide me.. On jobs and also how to make earnings !
Re: Linkedin Is Really Adding Nothing To My Career. by BiafranBushBoy: 9:28am On Jan 10, 2018
biacan:
Since the pay is massive how about party things this weekend Biafranbushboy wink grin

smiles. I work weekends. wink
Re: Linkedin Is Really Adding Nothing To My Career. by tpapi: 9:29am On Jan 10, 2018
nice one
Re: Linkedin Is Really Adding Nothing To My Career. by Felixitie(m): 9:34am On Jan 10, 2018
cruchenutii:

You are right, people are not saying what Op should do.

(1) The best way to get a Job on LinkedIn is to Create a Work Experience (Either Fake or Real) of about a year in your particular field. You should then read up on it, Apply it in Practical to solidify your knowledge.

Once they need to verify in an Interview & discover that you have a very good knowledge of what you claim to do (Theory & practical) , They will be satisfied with what ever experience on your Linkedin.

(2) Connect with like minds, people related to your field, Also connect CEO's & HR's related to your field.

(3) Create Blog posts & write about a subject or Topic in your field that you know very well about, Once you share that blog post on Linkedin. It reach your connections & people connected to your connections once they click “like” on that post. If that post start to generate good comments. People will start reaching out to you asper your Job. If you do this consecutively for 1 Month each week. You will get a job, Even the witches in your village cannot stop you.

(4) Write Linkedin in-mails to several people, with a job application & write about your Work experience (fake or Real), they need to read about your work experience.

CC rastaLivity
Well said. Exactly

1 Like

Re: Linkedin Is Really Adding Nothing To My Career. by Felixitie(m): 9:37am On Jan 10, 2018
I have actually got a job via LinkedIn, by sending direct message to my LinkedIn connections, I sent about 30 random messages to them. Some responded while some ignored. Which is normal.
Re: Linkedin Is Really Adding Nothing To My Career. by Charleynmuo: 9:38am On Jan 10, 2018
donigspain:
Send a PM here or a DM to @Henrikachi (Twitter)

PS: I won't be requesting for your login details to LinkedIn.
Bros..plz can I also send you a pm?

1 Like

Re: Linkedin Is Really Adding Nothing To My Career. by MRLANNISTER(m): 9:51am On Jan 10, 2018
Duru009:

Am already a member. Please kindly guide me.. On jobs and also how to make earnings !

PM and I will put you through.
Re: Linkedin Is Really Adding Nothing To My Career. by Nobody: 10:07am On Jan 10, 2018
rastaLivity:
I'm electrical/electronic Engineer(but major on electrical) I do share most of my project but still....

Hello rasta... I have a job opportunity for you. However, I shouldn't be seen as an employer (or otherwise).

If you're interested in being a sales engineer. Please, do mention me back. I've got a company site seeking to offer a job to any interested candidate. smiley

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Linkedin Is Really Adding Nothing To My Career. by lavenjcrown(m): 10:19am On Jan 10, 2018
Epic indeed. tongue
majekdom2:
its obvious where you are failing.learn to do things yourself. there is no fast way. giving someone your details so he can edit for you is not help. how will you defend that profile if perhaps you are invited for an interview. A whole lot of work still needs to be done on you!
Re: Linkedin Is Really Adding Nothing To My Career. by rastaLivity: 10:27am On Jan 10, 2018
Jhaytee4all:

Hello rasta... I have a job opportunity for you. However, I shouldn't be seen as an employer (or otherwise).

If you're interested in being a sales engineer. Please, do mention me back. I've got a company site seeking to offer a job to any interested candidate. smiley

Thanks.
I'm in, how do we go about it
Re: Linkedin Is Really Adding Nothing To My Career. by rastaLivity: 10:31am On Jan 10, 2018
cruchenutii:

(1) The best way to get a Job on LinkedIn is to Create a Work Experience (Either Fake or Real) of about a year in your particular field. You should then read up on it, Apply it in Practical to solidify your knowledge.

Once they need to verify in an Interview & discover that you have a very good knowledge of what you claim to do (Theory & practical) , They will be satisfied with what ever experience on your Linkedin.

(2) Connect with like minds, people related to your field, Also connect CEO's & HR's related to your field.

(3) Create Blog posts & write about a subject or Topic in your field that you know very well about, Once you share that blog post on Linkedin. It reach your connections & people connected to your connections once they click “like” on that post. If that post start to generate good comments. People will start reaching out to you asper your Job. If you do this consecutively for 1 Month each week. You will get a job, Even the witches in your village cannot stop you.

(4) Write Linkedin in-mails to several people, with a job application & write about your Work experience (fake or Real), they need to read about your work experience.

CC rastaLivity
babA thanks
Re: Linkedin Is Really Adding Nothing To My Career. by rastaLivity: 10:31am On Jan 10, 2018
cruchenutii:

CC rastaLivity
baba thanks
Re: Linkedin Is Really Adding Nothing To My Career. by Africanlegacy(f): 10:40am On Jan 10, 2018
Good Day Nairalanders,
Compliments.

GOITRE: AN APPEAL
Please, pardon my barging in on this thread. Been trying to post here but cannot find my way around.

My name is Jenny, a mother of two and will be forty in March.
I am here to appeal for help. I have goitre and live in the north where endocrinologist are rare to find. For years now I've lived with it.

Please, I need help to get treatment.
Please, this is a sincere appeal for help.
Thank you all..
tamuno1103@ gmail. com
Re: Linkedin Is Really Adding Nothing To My Career. by Nobody: 10:55am On Jan 10, 2018
serialkilla:
i love this.. but my question is this : how does one help him or herself on linkedin esp on updating his profile.
majekdom2:
You don't know what you are doing then. Linkedin is not only for getting jobs. It's to keep up with updates in your industry, how to maximise your career and professional cause by engaging with individuals, it helps you build skills through publications. It adds a lot of value to your professional and personal fonts. I have learnt a lot through engaging professionals, reading articles, reading about people's experience and all. When people tel you their experience, it becomes you experience!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/49mzsgzx396ter0/mastering-linkedin.pdf?dl=0
the link will help you
Re: Linkedin Is Really Adding Nothing To My Career. by meiloya: 11:40am On Jan 10, 2018
cruchenutii:

Anytime I see someone rendering a free service, I know it's Rubbish the person is about to do cheesy

Don't say so bro. I disagree with you. It seems you never jam. All the services I provided on nairaland I did them free of charge. I use several usernames . The services have helped many people get to the next levels of their lives. It's only recently I started charging 3 thousand pounds for this same service. It's far from rubbish. Lol. And for few fellow Nigerians that I like and who have worked hard to distinguish themselves, I still do free for them. It's unfair to say free service here is rubbish. It is because you never jam. Many people help here.
Re: Linkedin Is Really Adding Nothing To My Career. by Nobody: 11:47am On Jan 10, 2018
rastaLivity:
isn't that for Muslim? I have Bible already

Chia see what religion has done...

Even people are mistaken quora (a Q$A website ) for koran.

No hope again....
Re: Linkedin Is Really Adding Nothing To My Career. by Nobody: 11:51am On Jan 10, 2018
rastaLivity:
I'm in, how do we go about it

And all you need is a Linkedin accnt(optional) and CV(Necessary).

However, I'll mention you soon. I'm engaged right now.
Re: Linkedin Is Really Adding Nothing To My Career. by Nobody: 11:52am On Jan 10, 2018
wamiikechukwu:

No hope again....
lol
Re: Linkedin Is Really Adding Nothing To My Career. by rastaLivity: 11:54am On Jan 10, 2018
Jhaytee4all:

have both.
ok
Re: Linkedin Is Really Adding Nothing To My Career. by rastaLivity: 11:55am On Jan 10, 2018
Jhaytee4all:

have both.
ok
Re: Linkedin Is Really Adding Nothing To My Career. by rastaLivity: 12:00pm On Jan 10, 2018
wamiikechukwu:

No hope again....
I'm not even d religious type sef, so can't fathom d angle u r driving to
Re: Linkedin Is Really Adding Nothing To My Career. by AmTruth: 12:25pm On Jan 10, 2018
Jhaytee4all:

Thanks.
Can you pls post the company's site , as rasta might not be the only one in need. Thanks i anticipation
Re: Linkedin Is Really Adding Nothing To My Career. by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jan 10, 2018
meiloya:

Don't say so bro. I disagree with you. It seems you never jam. All the services I provided on nairaland I did them free of charge. I use several usernames . The services have helped many people get to the next levels of their lives. It's only recently I started charging 3 thousand pounds for this same service. It's far from rubbish. Lol. And for few fellow Nigerians that I like and who have worked hard to distinguish themselves, I still do free for them. It's unfair to say free service here is rubbish. It is because you never jam. Many people help here.

Okay thanks, please me too, I also need your free service then. So what areas can you help my life? Apart from Job tho, I already have a job.
I'm actually going through your threads, do you have some experience/information for people looking to do Master abroad? US preferably.
Re: Linkedin Is Really Adding Nothing To My Career. by Duru009(m): 1:06pm On Jan 10, 2018
MRLANNISTER:

Pls add me on whatsapp.....08066319080

Thanks
Re: Linkedin Is Really Adding Nothing To My Career. by Charleynmuo: 3:59pm On Jan 10, 2018
MRLANNISTER:

Can you please put me through too
Re: Linkedin Is Really Adding Nothing To My Career. by Charleynmuo: 4:05pm On Jan 10, 2018
meiloya:

Baba..please you can also help me get to the next level of my life too, so I can share in your good works.
I need a job like seriously. Frustration is taking the better part of me. Help a brother in need abeg.
Re: Linkedin Is Really Adding Nothing To My Career. by meiloya: 4:25pm On Jan 10, 2018
cruchenutii:

Okay thanks, please me too, I also need your free service then. So what areas can you help my life? Apart from Job tho, I already have a job.
I'm actually going through your threads, do you have some experience/information for people looking to do Master abroad? US preferably.

Yes, please go ahead and ask your questions
Re: Linkedin Is Really Adding Nothing To My Career. by meiloya: 4:29pm On Jan 10, 2018
Charleynmuo:

Baba..please you can also help me get to the next level of my life too, so I can share in your good works.
I need a job like seriously. Frustration is taking the better part of me. Help a brother in need abeg.

I run a consulting firm but not hiring right now but will be hiring massively in the very near future.

If I may ask you, what would you bring to a potential employer? I.e. what is in it for someone that hires you?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ways To Make Money As An Unemployed Graduate In Nigeria / Emirate Cabin Female Crew Needed / Fitc Interview: Mainstreet Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.