Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,754 members, 7,827,795 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:06 PM

Can A Guy & Girl Be Just Friends? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can A Guy & Girl Be Just Friends? (1571 Views)

Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ? / Can A Girl Be Deflowered By Fingering? / 4 Reasons Why You Can't Be "Just Friends" With Your Ex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Guy & Girl Be Just Friends? by kingphoenix10: 1:01pm On Jan 09, 2018
I ponder this occasionally. Is really possible? That 2 people of the opposite sex would remain friends for a long period of time without developing intimate feelings about the other.There won't be pettiness when one sees the other in a relationship. You would be in each others' FRIENDZONE happily without wanting more. All answers are welcome. smiley
Re: Can A Guy & Girl Be Just Friends? by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jan 09, 2018
At some age it is easy to just be a friend, as a guy i had couple of girls that are just friends to me in secondary school. In the Uni i had only one girl that i can refer to as just friend, i tried to date her at some point to be honest. This stage i don't believe in friendzone.

And now i can be friend with any female at this point of my life because there is more to life than banging each others brains out.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Guy & Girl Be Just Friends? by Samyj247: 2:36pm On Jan 09, 2018
fuckerstard:
At some age it is easy to just be a friend, as a guy i had couple of girls that are just friends to me in secondary school. In the Uni i had only one girl that i can refer to as just friend, i tried to date her at some point to be honest. This stage i don't believe in friendzone.

And now i can be friend with any female at this point of my life because there is more to life than banging each others brains out.
correct. there is more to life than sex.....I have female friends that I don't want to sex....even as I love sex. there are people that ur mind would not really accept anything sex with them.

1 Like

Re: Can A Guy & Girl Be Just Friends? by wizzytm(m): 5:07pm On Jan 09, 2018
yes yes and yes.
set your priorities straight, and let maturity play it's role, I mean you can't sleep with every girl that comes your way.

1 Like

Re: Can A Guy & Girl Be Just Friends? by kingphoenix10: 5:30pm On Jan 09, 2018
fuckerstard:

But how does one achieve that self discipline. Also how does one make intentions known that this is strictly Platonic when making acquaintance for the first time?
Re: Can A Guy & Girl Be Just Friends? by kingphoenix10: 5:31pm On Jan 09, 2018
wizzytm:
yes yes and yes.
set your priorities straight, and let maturity play it's role, I mean you can't sleep with every girl that comes your way.
when one is not a dog or rabbit
Re: Can A Guy & Girl Be Just Friends? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jan 09, 2018
kingphoenix10:
But how does one achieve that self discipline. Also how does one make intentions known that this is strictly Platonic when making acquaintance for the first time?

The situation differs when you have a partner you're dating already, that's my own case.
Every other babe I'm making acquaintance with would be based on friendship.
If she wants more than that, i better run for my life and not get caught up with wahala

If i was a single guy, I would rather let things play out naturally and see how it goes.
Re: Can A Guy & Girl Be Just Friends? by Sugar97(f): 5:59pm On Jan 09, 2018
I believe so
Re: Can A Guy & Girl Be Just Friends? by kingphoenix10: 10:58pm On Jan 09, 2018
fuckerstard:

The situation differs when you have a partner you're dating already, that's my own case.
Every other babe I'm making acquaintance with would be based on friendship.
If she wants more than that, i better run for my life and not get caught up with wahala

If i was a single guy, I would rather let things play out naturally and see how it goes.
Baba you talk sense but that one go take donkey years
Re: Can A Guy & Girl Be Just Friends? by kingphoenix10: 10:59pm On Jan 09, 2018
Sugar97:
I believe so
Do u have a guy who is just your friend and is very cool with it?
Re: Can A Guy & Girl Be Just Friends? by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jan 09, 2018
For some guys is possible to keep them as friends and nothing will happen. But for some other kind of men , it's better to severe ties than be friends with them.

1 Like

Re: Can A Guy & Girl Be Just Friends? by Dasherz(f): 11:47pm On Jan 09, 2018
well yes a guy and a girl can be just friends ... defining the relationship and top priorities each person wants to accomplish is a starter, no doubt there may be a few glitches in the journey of friendship but when the boundary is set someone with a matured mind can put his/herself in check

1 Like

Re: Can A Guy & Girl Be Just Friends? by Nobody: 1:31am On Jan 10, 2018
kingphoenix10:
Baba you talk sense but that one go take donkey years

Not like you would just be there and not say anything, if she's your type of gal most definitely you go let her know your mission. if she's into your type of guy, everything soft but if not friend zone straight
Re: Can A Guy & Girl Be Just Friends? by Nobody: 8:07am On Jan 10, 2018
kingphoenix10:
I ponder this occasionally. Is really possible? That 2 people of the opposite sex would remain friends for a long period of time without developing intimate feelings about the other.There won't be pettiness when one sees the other in a relationship. You would be in each others' FRIENDZONE happily without wanting more. All answers are welcome. smiley

Why not , the older you grow you will find out it's not every girl you want to sleep with. Got female friends I won't sleep with

1 Like

Re: Can A Guy & Girl Be Just Friends? by Sugar97(f): 12:42pm On Jan 10, 2018
kingphoenix10:
Do u have a guy who is just your friend and is very cool with it?

Well...yea. Some were classmates from sec sch, some are coursemates. I guess we might need to define what a friend is. If u mean someone u occasionally see and talk with at a level beyond mere acquaintanceship, then yes, I have male friends
Re: Can A Guy & Girl Be Just Friends? by kingphoenix10: 3:20pm On Jan 10, 2018
Dasherz:
well yes a guy and a girl can be just friends ... defining the relationship and top priorities each person wants to accomplish is a starter, no doubt there may be a few glitches in the journey of friendship but when the boundary is set someone with a matured mind can put his/herself in check
can you give an example as how that conversation will go?
Re: Can A Guy & Girl Be Just Friends? by kingphoenix10: 3:22pm On Jan 10, 2018
alexialin:
For some guys is possible to keep them as friends and nothing will happen. But for some other kind of men , it's better to severe ties than be friends with them.
what traits typifies these other kind of men
Re: Can A Guy & Girl Be Just Friends? by kingphoenix10: 3:32pm On Jan 10, 2018
fuckerstard:

Not like you would just be there and not say anything, if she's your type of gal most definitely you go let her know your mission. if she's into your type of guy, everything soft but if not friend zone straight
Haha. Oga u just keep giving the hits. The dreaded Friendzone. But that zone has been giving too much attention

Re: Can A Guy & Girl Be Just Friends? by kingphoenix10: 3:34pm On Jan 10, 2018
Sugar97:

Well...yea. Some were classmates from sec sch, some are coursemates. I guess we might need to define what a friend is. If u mean someone u occasionally see and talk with at a level beyond mere acquaintanceship, then yes, I have male friends
I am talking like friend you could share a secret with and you can be your true self in their presence
Re: Can A Guy & Girl Be Just Friends? by Tallezt(m): 6:08pm On Jan 10, 2018
All you advocating friendship with women? You are giving her something more valuable than the hole in between her legs and you are so dumb not to know your powers.
Women need validation and attention from many men as much as Men need sex from many women.
You gave her your validation and attention and she didn't give you sex. Boy! You are a cheap slut giving out his goods free Of charge

1 Like

Re: Can A Guy & Girl Be Just Friends? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jan 10, 2018
Its possible so far it's friendzone.
Re: Can A Guy & Girl Be Just Friends? by Sugar97(f): 6:17pm On Jan 10, 2018
kingphoenix10:
I am talking like friend you could share a secret with and you can be your true self in their presence

And who is just a friend? No I don't
Re: Can A Guy & Girl Be Just Friends? by kingphoenix10: 8:08pm On Jan 10, 2018
Tallezt:
All you advocating friendship with women? You are giving her something more valuable than the hole in between her legs and you are so dumb not to know your powers.
Women need validation and attention from many men as much as Men need sex from many women.
You gave her your validation and attention and she didn't give you sex. Boy! You are a cheap slut giving out his goods free Of charge
wizzytm I have found your dog
Re: Can A Guy & Girl Be Just Friends? by kingphoenix10: 8:08pm On Jan 10, 2018
Sugar97:

And who is just a friend? No I don't
Seems this is deeper than I thought
Re: Can A Guy & Girl Be Just Friends? by kingphoenix10: 8:09pm On Jan 10, 2018
Chikita66:
Its possible so far it's friendzone.
By your tone you seem to have no experience, so why do you believe in the possibility?
Re: Can A Guy & Girl Be Just Friends? by Nobody: 11:38pm On Jan 10, 2018
kingphoenix10:
Haha. Oga u just keep giving the hits. The dreaded Friendzone. But that zone has been giving too much attention

Well then, i give up
Re: Can A Guy & Girl Be Just Friends? by wizzytm(m): 9:07pm On Jan 11, 2018
kingphoenix10:
wizzytm I have found your dog

Lolz no bruh, My own respects women.
This one is a deranged Ekuke.

(1) (Reply)

If Your Biggest Problem Is Walking Up To A Girl(shy).. Here Is Good News For You / End Time Photo Of A Student / I Am In Love With My Neighbour Daughter (pls I Need Advice Me )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.