Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,603 members, 7,812,974 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:44 AM

Can a Catholic Man do his wedding in bride's pentecostal church? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can a Catholic Man do his wedding in bride's pentecostal church? (4612 Views)

As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? / Woman Abandons Her Child At A Catholic Church In Delta (Photo) / Face Masks, Hand Sanitizers Included In Bride Price List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can a Catholic Man do his wedding in bride's pentecostal church? by nkwuocha: 9:50am On Feb 11, 2018
Lol.

My brother's wife wanted to do something like that, my brother told her point blank that he will go and collect his bride price back. She came back to her senses ASAP. :-

\
Now, she doesn't joke with the blessed sacrament.
Re: Can a Catholic Man do his wedding in bride's pentecostal church? by MYSELF2018: 2:55pm On Feb 11, 2018
johnkay1:
BECAREFUL MYSELF2018 IS SCAMMER
He changes username immediately after each attack: from Enesi1; to Ezravandi; to Kamidee; now MYSELF2018.
He is a man, he now uses praisejummy42@gmail.com as email
Before he uses ezravandi@yahoo.com
Previous uses phone numbers are : 08081420033 and 09073725529
Acct number : 0341188190 peter ezra
You are a very stupid fellow, I am a freelancer and also assists people in writing statement of purpose. Do you know how many people i have assisted in writing SOP on this forum?

Re: Can a Catholic Man do his wedding in bride's pentecostal church? by ladycomfort(f): 9:05pm On Feb 11, 2018
Na wa o.... All these wahala on top wedding

How do you except your family to follow you to your husband church for your wedding shocked
Making it look like they are begging the man this marry you undecided

Op,listen to your parent kiss
Re: Can a Catholic Man do his wedding in bride's pentecostal church? by ladycomfort(f): 9:08pm On Feb 11, 2018
MYSELF2018:
Amen, He has given me another alternative that my Family should look for any catholic Church for the wedding to hold in our side but My Dad can never agree with that.

He is the one giving you options as to where your wedding will take place

Stop this biko sad
Re: Can a Catholic Man do his wedding in bride's pentecostal church? by airoport: 10:12pm On Feb 11, 2018
estheremma:
ok,im catholic we do something called mixed marriage,that is marriage with ousiders,we can marry them n allow them continue their church.See with ur fiance pls,if he doez not wed in d catholic fold,he ceases to be a communicant,may not participate in major things.If u love him,do a mixed marriage for peace
Sound advice+reality check. Search your soul, your inner, real mind very well. Can you truly leave your church and accept your spouse's church? If not, don't bother, it will not last due constant tug of war in the home on this lone issue. Above all, BE sincere to your self. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Can a Catholic Man do his wedding in bride's pentecostal church? by adescopy(m): 1:08am On Feb 12, 2018
Ubenedictus:
a sacrament consist of form, matter, minister and intention.

take for instance baptism, the matter is water, the form is the words spoken by the minister, the intention is to baptise.

marriage has matter and form and minister and intention, he needs to ask the Church to dispense him from the need to fulfill the form of the sacrament I.e he will be dispensed from the need to do the wedding in the Catholic Church.

so instead his Bishop will empower someone usually a priest to be in your Church on that day to witness the wedding on behalf of the Catholic Church, by dispensing him from the form, he can be married in your Church and because the Catholic Church officially witnessed the wedding he will be recognized as valid..... there is a whole theology here.

if he agrees to this, then you guys need to see his parish priest immediately... he will tell him what to do.

the other option is to have two wedding, one in your Church I.e the big one with reception and everything, then a small one in his Church the next day at morning mass, without reception or other money sucking stuff.

his family may not like either options, I know if it is my house my mum won't attend the wedding in your Church she will meet us at the reception... you guys need to discuss this extensively.

I wish you luck
we are just killing this fate if ours with all types of doctrines that are not biblical. Na wa.
Re: Can a Catholic Man do his wedding in bride's pentecostal church? by Ubenedictus(m): 8:10am On Feb 14, 2018
adescopy:
we are just killing this fate if ours with all types of doctrines that are not biblical. Na wa.
so who told you everything done in the Church must be explicitly written in the Bible.

besides if you had bothered to research about the Catholic sacrament of matrimony you would have been surprised how biblical it is.

but instead you took a learning opportunity and used it to criticise something you clearly don't understand.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Touching Letter By An Abused Wife To Her Husband Before She Died / Is It Right To Stop Poor Folks From Having Kids They can't Cater For? / Who Makes The Choice Of Wedding Rings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.