Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,219 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:42 AM

"If Paying Tithes Makes You Rich, Bill Gates, Zuckerberg Would've Been Poor" - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "If Paying Tithes Makes You Rich, Bill Gates, Zuckerberg Would've Been Poor" (26046 Views)

Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? / Daddy Freeze: 'I Was Still Paying Tithes While I Was Preaching Against It' / "Winners Chapel Would Soon Be Paying Tithes Of Trillions" - Bishop Oyedepo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "If Paying Tithes Makes You Rich, Bill Gates, Zuckerberg Would've Been Poor" by Tension532: 12:31pm On Jan 10, 2018
osemoses1234:
I don repent from commenting on senseless post age is no longer on my side
just 20
Re: "If Paying Tithes Makes You Rich, Bill Gates, Zuckerberg Would've Been Poor" by kingthreat(m): 12:31pm On Jan 10, 2018
Truth

1 Like

Re: "If Paying Tithes Makes You Rich, Bill Gates, Zuckerberg Would've Been Poor" by AntiWailer: 12:32pm On Jan 10, 2018
That is not the basis.
Re: "If Paying Tithes Makes You Rich, Bill Gates, Zuckerberg Would've Been Poor" by Next2Bezee(m): 12:32pm On Jan 10, 2018
Very well said Reno.

Sheeples will still defend their pastors who enrich themselves with tithe meant to further the ministry and help the poor.

Hosea 4:6 - "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge; because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children".
Re: "If Paying Tithes Makes You Rich, Bill Gates, Zuckerberg Would've Been Poor" by Btctrader: 12:32pm On Jan 10, 2018
Hello good day.

Application for 2018 Tony Elumelu foundation grant has commenced. You can start the application process now. If you have any question, you can ask us.

Contact us also if you want your application and business plan to be professionally written.
email: yestercee@yahoo.com

Remember:
The program gives a seed capital of $5000 which is N1,525,000 (Non refundable) to the successful applicats, with that you will have access to apply for more if need arises..

Remain Blessed
Re: "If Paying Tithes Makes You Rich, Bill Gates, Zuckerberg Would've Been Poor" by osemoses1234(m): 12:33pm On Jan 10, 2018
Tension532:

just 20
nah ur 20
Re: "If Paying Tithes Makes You Rich, Bill Gates, Zuckerberg Would've Been Poor" by TheAdvocate(m): 12:33pm On Jan 10, 2018
Olanrefront3355:
He's not wrong.

Pay your tithes to the poor.

Even Jesus said
Feed the poor with your tithe

Bring the full tithes into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house; and thereby put me to the test, says the LORD of hosts, if I will not open the windows of heaven for you and pour down for you an overflowing blessing. (Malachi 3:10)

Your churches don't give the money to the poors, do it yourself.

See signature
So which one is storehouse?
Which one is my house?
Muslims don't tithe and they are rich.
Who told him Zuckerberg, Bill Gates etc are Christians?
There are people making money from other sources that are spiritual eg voodoo, magic etc.
Re: "If Paying Tithes Makes You Rich, Bill Gates, Zuckerberg Would've Been Poor" by itsmeurLady(f): 12:34pm On Jan 10, 2018
Some ppl talk like fools... you dat hav not been paying tithe, y are u not as rich as the Mack U don't kno these rich ppl they give and the Bible sez give and it shall be given unto you. Mack will not tell wat he does behind closed doors, so who don't want to pay tithe, don't pay, it's not by force. We wey dey pay we are not complaining, so everyone do wat suits you and nobody shld make a fool of his/herself Cs of tithing... it baffles me that all these fake deep delusional oshis will be forming inspiration gurus whereas they don't know jack! Humans are entitled to do whatever works for them, if it's not working for us , we for don run since, we for not even need you to tell us. So Mr Reno pack for one side first, u senior Mack so go and do something useful with yourself before spewing trash

2 Likes

Re: "If Paying Tithes Makes You Rich, Bill Gates, Zuckerberg Would've Been Poor" by Airyprince(m): 12:34pm On Jan 10, 2018
chai
Re: "If Paying Tithes Makes You Rich, Bill Gates, Zuckerberg Would've Been Poor" by pocohantas(f): 12:35pm On Jan 10, 2018
Sirfee right now...

2 Likes

Re: "If Paying Tithes Makes You Rich, Bill Gates, Zuckerberg Would've Been Poor" by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jan 10, 2018
HeyCorleone:
He's right.

I don't believe God blesses you because you tithe. God blesses you because it's in his position to bless you. You don't pay for it. He blesses who he wants to bless. All this talk on tithe opening the gates of heaven is pure scam. The windows of heaven are open on you. It's left for God to decide who he wants to bless and according to what measure. ..After all there. are people who tithe who are stagnant and those who don't even attend church but recognise God and are successful.

So don't gimme that bullshit about tithe working for you. It's God that's doing his work in your life.
Well said!
Re: "If Paying Tithes Makes You Rich, Bill Gates, Zuckerberg Would've Been Poor" by Airyprince(m): 12:36pm On Jan 10, 2018
mark zickerberg
Re: "If Paying Tithes Makes You Rich, Bill Gates, Zuckerberg Would've Been Poor" by 12345baba(m): 12:36pm On Jan 10, 2018
Does he know them personally to know that they don't pay tithe?
Re: "If Paying Tithes Makes You Rich, Bill Gates, Zuckerberg Would've Been Poor" by vertueptime: 12:38pm On Jan 10, 2018
Uyi168:
Zukerberg is even too far,what about our very own Dangote?

But hes nt a xtian
Re: "If Paying Tithes Makes You Rich, Bill Gates, Zuckerberg Would've Been Poor" by Alariwo2: 12:38pm On Jan 10, 2018
Tell the sheepies attacking freeze..

The whole idea behind Christianity is salvation and not prosperity. You can pay all the tithes in this world and still not be saved.

1 Like

Re: "If Paying Tithes Makes You Rich, Bill Gates, Zuckerberg Would've Been Poor" by TheHotspur(m): 12:40pm On Jan 10, 2018
eezeribe:
What he said is the truth,people who defend religion with sentiment and not logic,only give credence to the saying that religion is still the opium of the masses....
It's mostly the poor and broke ones that sing this song in church... 'more than a millionaire since I have Jesus'....
WHAT AN OPIUM INDEED;giving them an illusionary good feeling like Morphin and Heroine.
No single pastor has been able to flaw Daddy Freeze's logic with sound biblical references...
I am a tither,but it's good to keep emotions aside and let the cerebrum do it's work...

The truth about Christianity is that you don't need logic to know that paying tithe is a stupid thing to do

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "If Paying Tithes Makes You Rich, Bill Gates, Zuckerberg Would've Been Poor" by thespokenword: 12:40pm On Jan 10, 2018
abokibuhari:
Adeboye and oyedipo are both criminals
Are you born of a woman?
Re: "If Paying Tithes Makes You Rich, Bill Gates, Zuckerberg Would've Been Poor" by Achorise: 12:43pm On Jan 10, 2018
Why is everyone feasting on tithes, If you believe pay, if you don't believe don't pay.period.
Those who has not been paying are they as rich as Dangote now.
Tithing will never make you rich or make you a millionaire, every Christian knows that.
Tithe I believe is a faith way of thanking God for being the source of your wealth.
Christian wealth is believed to be made by grace not hardwork alone...
That is why most churches don't ask Yahoo boys, criminals, prostitutes to pay tithe.
We don't par to be blessed, we pay becos we are blessed.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "If Paying Tithes Makes You Rich, Bill Gates, Zuckerberg Would've Been Poor" by Paradigme777: 12:43pm On Jan 10, 2018
osemoses1234:
I don repent from commenting on senseless post age is no longer on my side
grin grin
Re: "If Paying Tithes Makes You Rich, Bill Gates, Zuckerberg Would've Been Poor" by Uyi168: 12:43pm On Jan 10, 2018
vertueptime:

But hes nt a xtian
My point is,u dnt need tithe to be rich..

1 Like

Re: "If Paying Tithes Makes You Rich, Bill Gates, Zuckerberg Would've Been Poor" by Paradigme777: 12:45pm On Jan 10, 2018
abokibuhari:
Adeboye and oyedipo are both criminals
Are you sure you are OK? may sense fall on you. undecided
Re: "If Paying Tithes Makes You Rich, Bill Gates, Zuckerberg Would've Been Poor" by SLOVFO(m): 12:47pm On Jan 10, 2018
Sacrifices make way.
Every rich man at some point pay some huge sacrifice to be rich.
For some Christians, tithing is a way they make their own sacrifices.

2 Likes

Re: "If Paying Tithes Makes You Rich, Bill Gates, Zuckerberg Would've Been Poor" by michael9ja(m): 12:47pm On Jan 10, 2018
Thank Me later

Re: "If Paying Tithes Makes You Rich, Bill Gates, Zuckerberg Would've Been Poor" by Kobicove(m): 12:48pm On Jan 10, 2018
True talk!
Re: "If Paying Tithes Makes You Rich, Bill Gates, Zuckerberg Would've Been Poor" by Awoleesu(m): 12:48pm On Jan 10, 2018
Olanrefront3355:
He's not wrong.

Even Jesus said

Bring the full tithes into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house; and thereby put me to the test, says the LORD of hosts, if I will not open the windows of heaven for you and pour down for you an overflowing blessing. (Malachi 3:10)

See signature
E pele alagba Lanre! So 'Jesus said'... In the book of malachi?
Re: "If Paying Tithes Makes You Rich, Bill Gates, Zuckerberg Would've Been Poor" by SLOVFO(m): 12:49pm On Jan 10, 2018
Sacrifices make way. Every wealthy man at some point pay some huge sacrifice to be wealthy.

For some Christians, tithing is a way they make their own sacrifices. Every man has his own way to breakthrough. Those who believe and chose tithing should be left alone to their faith and fate.

2 Likes

Re: "If Paying Tithes Makes You Rich, Bill Gates, Zuckerberg Would've Been Poor" by ooshinibos: 12:49pm On Jan 10, 2018
Olanrefront3355:
He's not wrong.

Even Jesus said

See signature

Olanrefront3355 show me in the Bible where Jesus said give tithe to the poor , giving to the poor is different from tithing , don't get it mixed up Olanrefront3355
Re: "If Paying Tithes Makes You Rich, Bill Gates, Zuckerberg Would've Been Poor" by Drsheddy(m): 12:50pm On Jan 10, 2018
I will still pay my tithe cool

1 Like

Re: "If Paying Tithes Makes You Rich, Bill Gates, Zuckerberg Would've Been Poor" by badmrkt(m): 12:52pm On Jan 10, 2018
Leonbonapart:
I use to respect this Reno, till this foolish tweet of his. Success and riches has nothing to do with salvation and being saved. Anyone who work hard become rich. Whether a believer or unbeliever, sowing and reaping happens to them all
sincerely, sir, you are the "foooolish one here" this crap you typed has no correlation with what Reno typed...check again.

2 Likes

Re: "If Paying Tithes Makes You Rich, Bill Gates, Zuckerberg Would've Been Poor" by Achorise: 12:52pm On Jan 10, 2018
itsmeurLady:
Some ppl talk like fools... you dat hav not been paying tithe, y are u not as rich as the Mack U don't kno these rich ppl they give and the Bible sez give and it shall be given unto you. Mack will not tell wat he does behind closed doors, so who don't want to pay tithe, don't pay, it's not by force. We wey dey pay we are not complaining, so everyone do wat suits you and nobody shld make a fool of his/herself Cs of tithing... it baffles me that all these fake deep delusional oshis will be forming inspiration gurus whereas they don't know jack! Humans are entitled to do whatever works for them, if it's not working for us , we for don run since, we for not even need you to tell us. So Mr Reno pack for one side first, u senior Mack so go and do something useful with yourself before spewing trash
I now know somethings about spiritual thing can not be understood and explained by mere flesh and blood.
Jesus told Peter flesh and blood has not reveal this to you but my father who is in heaven.
I used to argue about tithes, but now I pay by Devine revelation.

1 Like

Re: "If Paying Tithes Makes You Rich, Bill Gates, Zuckerberg Would've Been Poor" by lloyds(m): 12:53pm On Jan 10, 2018
As believer our number one aim is to make heaven. Others are secondary.

Paying of tithes is optional, but for believers that want serious financial empowerment and breakthroughs, they will tithe.

People talk about Gates, Dangote and the likes, but they fail to realize that the Devil has money, and also there is the natural laws that applies to any hard working / diligent person.

You don't need God to be rich, but if u want your wealth from Him, you will have to do it his way.

A genuine believer cannot cheat, cut dubious corners, and he has to be just and fair in all processes. So how do u want God to come in, if you can commit to him financially.

Jesus spoke of tithing in Mattew 23.23, and i have seen several practical liftings through it.

God's children must persevere and push, but must also be content.

God bless.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Keion Henderson Gives His Mother An SUV (Photo) / Is It Right To Pray Before Having Sex With Your Boyfriend/girlfriend? / 7 Reasons A Christian Should Not Take Alcohol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.