Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,766 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

My Girls Spiritual Life And Her Mother - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girls Spiritual Life And Her Mother (690 Views)

Look What I Found On My Girls Phone / My Girls Virginity Wont Break Even With All My Effort / I Sucked My Girls Pussy Now Throat Dey Scratch Me!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Girls Spiritual Life And Her Mother by tradepunter: 7:23am On Jan 11, 2018
Good morning folks, please I need advice on something. I have a girl I plan getting married to by April this year. She is the sweetest I have ever seen, tho not very expressive type of her emotions but love her for who she is.

The truth of the matter is my parents carried investigation of her family and concluded that her mother who singled handled raised her up will have proxy control over my marriage due to reputation she has.

I have fought everyone in my family and defended her to the extent that I don't know why am getting tired of fighting. And on reflection she does have a very soft spot for her mum, but I see this as a natural thing.

And also I worry about our spirituality, in times of challenges she does not engage the word of God. I find myself in the position of keeping calm and letting her know what the word of God says about the challenges we going through .

As a man who is planning of getting married there should be Godly attributes a woman should exhibit in hard times and I must be honest I am not pleased with what I have seen from her. Which brings me to the thought of if she will be able to defend me and our family physically and spiritually from any sought of influence especially those that will come from her mum.

Does it mean I am overlooking what my parents are seeing?? And does having a second thought mean I am loosing interest?

Please need advice
Re: My Girls Spiritual Life And Her Mother by Nobody: 7:27am On Jan 11, 2018
Don't lose interest because of what your family members told you, it might not be entirely true.
Re: My Girls Spiritual Life And Her Mother by Nobody: 7:36am On Jan 11, 2018
Dear tradepunter,

If your suspicion aligns with that of your family members then it is better to relocate to a farther place, away from her mother. Most likely another state or the outskirts of your present location. That way, the meddling won't be direct. angry

1 Like

Re: My Girls Spiritual Life And Her Mother by tradepunter: 7:44am On Jan 11, 2018
Chikita66:
Don't lose interest because of what your family members told you, it might not be entirely true.

Thanks for the advice, I have stood my ground because I believe that it's my duty as a future husband to defend my family but my family thinks I won't know when my marriage is been controlled. But my lady knows what we both want, so she will do whatever it takes to protect us.
Re: My Girls Spiritual Life And Her Mother by Nobody: 7:47am On Jan 11, 2018
tradepunter:

Thanks for the advice, I have stood my ground because I believe that it's my duty as a future husband to defend my family but my family thinks I won't know when my marriage is been controlled. But my lady knows what we both want, so she will do whatever it takes to protect us.
Don't have any fear, are you not the head of the family, why will she control your marriage when you are there, will her mum live with you guys?
Re: My Girls Spiritual Life And Her Mother by tradepunter: 8:11am On Jan 11, 2018
Chikita66:
Don't have any fear, are you not the head of the family, why will she control your marriage when you are there, will her mum live with you guys?

I have made up my mind that she's the one and that it's God that builds, guides and protects. Considering the views of my parents because I love them and I want them to be happy. People say parents decisions don't count but it does because there is this internal happiness when your wife is another daughter to your family.
Re: My Girls Spiritual Life And Her Mother by donstan18: 8:12am On Jan 11, 2018
Chikita66:

Fear mother in-laws, especially if your own mum is a cool and calm type.
Re: My Girls Spiritual Life And Her Mother by tradepunter: 8:18am On Jan 11, 2018
donstan18:

Fear mother in-laws, especially if your own mum is a cool and calm type.

Haha that's a very interesting comment. Because coming to think of it my mother is very calm and she does not like any thing that have even a hint of trouble.
Re: My Girls Spiritual Life And Her Mother by donstan18: 8:19am On Jan 11, 2018
To OP,

Marry her if you both love each other, concerning the Godly attribute you complained of, it will take her nothing to pretend and fake her Godly life just to impress you, but she went real.

Teach her to be Godly, if you are.
Re: My Girls Spiritual Life And Her Mother by cerowo(f): 8:24am On Jan 11, 2018
All i have to say is that u weigh your parents words versus yours. Go for anyone that works for u
Re: My Girls Spiritual Life And Her Mother by donstan18: 8:25am On Jan 11, 2018
tradepunter:

Haha that's a very interesting comment. Because coming to think of it my mother is very calm and she does not like any thing that have even a hint of trouble.

Thou, calm mothers can overdo and bounce back when they reach their elastic limit, and you know what that means.

But all the same, marry your woman and teach her how to be Godly, or teach her before marrying her.
Re: My Girls Spiritual Life And Her Mother by Macgreat(m): 8:39am On Jan 11, 2018
Even you have started seeing faults in the girl.

Believe it or not. . . If everyone in your family is saying the same thing. It is not the devil fighting you. They are just helping you see what you ain't seeing because of your blindness. You can move the date of your wedding, take a closer look at things.

From your write up , you want a woman who is spiritually, Emotionally, and Physically strong, not someone easily controlled by the mum.

There are ladies who do not agree with their mother, but love and respect them.

Someone said "Teach her to be Godly" I laugh, you can not teach somebody to be Godly! This is why most people miss it in marriage.

HML in advance. Don't make a mistake that can not be corrected.
Re: My Girls Spiritual Life And Her Mother by braine(m): 8:43am On Jan 11, 2018
Please abstain if you have issues with her mother already. It'll only get worse for you after marriage as the man. Women will always follow advice of their mothers whether bad or good.
Re: My Girls Spiritual Life And Her Mother by tradepunter: 9:38am On Jan 11, 2018
I don't have issues with her mum... As a man I have built our relationship in a such a way my wife to be respect me as a man and listens to my instructions...
Is there a tendency of her been stubborn? Off course all ladies got that, so it's up to me to deal with ammicably.
Re: My Girls Spiritual Life And Her Mother by tradepunter: 9:46am On Jan 11, 2018
To be frank I am trying to understand fully by what it mean by mother in law controlling my marriage by proxy... Is it in areas of giving bad advice to my future wife to be? In what areas could bad advice be given to a woman that a man won't be aware off? Is it not natural for a man to take account of things in his home and life to easily detetct things that are not right?
Re: My Girls Spiritual Life And Her Mother by Diamond23(f): 10:11am On Jan 11, 2018
[color=#770077][/color] U knew dem beta dan we do xo make d right decision. Sometimes bringing our problems to social media makes it hard for us to reach at a conclusive end due to d different opinions thereby leaving us in a confused state of mind and sometimes vry rewarding.....communicate ur fear wit her rather dan getting fade up unnecessarily.

(1) (Reply)

Ex Ex Boyfriend /girlfriend / How To Identify HUSBAND MATERIAL (HM). / What habits of Nigerian men seem odd?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.