Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,123 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

Zain Blackberry Services - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Zain Blackberry Services (11034 Views)

How Can I Use My Fone As Modem For Browsing With My Laptop (mtn, Glo, Zain Etc) / Ip Address For Free Internet On Zain Zambia Or Mtn Zambia / ****zain Internet Activation***** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zain Blackberry Services by drone99(m): 6:22pm On Apr 10, 2010
Hey guys, i need a quick one here. Am planning to setup my Zain BB service, is it reliable to use? I presently use the Zain network, so i dont have plans to move to another network.

Cheers.
Re: Zain Blackberry Services by Dclique(m): 9:47pm On Apr 11, 2010
Visit their Centre and ask. But they will charge you.
Re: Zain Blackberry Services by drone99(m): 8:41am On Apr 12, 2010
I need to hear from a customer point of view if their the BIS is reliable.
Re: Zain Blackberry Services by Dclique(m): 10:05am On Apr 12, 2010
No need. Subscribe to 100MB data plan. Its 1k a month.
Re: Zain Blackberry Services by osculate(m): 6:04pm On Apr 19, 2010
@ dclique,

Can you use blackberry services by subscribing to 100MB data plan, how? pls educate
Re: Zain Blackberry Services by felix72: 8:23pm On Apr 23, 2010
yes you can, that is what l use till now.
Re: Zain Blackberry Services by mjay(m): 9:22pm On Apr 23, 2010
osculate:

@ dclique,

Can you use blackberry services by subscribing to 100MB data plan, how? pls educate

felix72:

Makes a lot of sense.
Re: Zain Blackberry Services by osculate(m): 11:18pm On Apr 23, 2010
@felix 72, is BIS activated automatically once u subscribe for the data plan?
Re: Zain Blackberry Services by cabali(m): 3:09pm On Apr 24, 2010
osculate:

@ dclique,

It can NEVER happen

felix72:

Knowledge gap leading to falsehood!

osculate:

@felix 72, is BIS activated automatically once u subscribe for the data plan?

The data bundle is for general connection over GPRS/EDGE/3G using all but BB service.

If you want the BB service (BIS or BES) you need to subscribe differently. I dont mean using the BB to browse using zain APNs. It is clearly different from subscribing to the BB service (Take note felix)

you cannot use the 100MB to have access to BIS (take note felix). The advantage of Zain's BB offer is that of the accompaning free bundle attached to it.

MTN = 50MB
GLO = 100MB
ZAIN = 1G

so for N4750 u get 1G with Zain. The connection is good, has some ups and downs but then again dont they all?
Re: Zain Blackberry Services by Nobody: 12:44pm On Apr 25, 2010
@ cabali
Is the free bundle a data limit for the BIS or are seperate?
Re: Zain Blackberry Services by cabali(m): 2:13pm On Apr 25, 2010
Once you subscribe to the Zain BB service be it BIS or BES, you get a bundled 1G after which you will be charged. But practically it is difficult to exhaust 1G on the BB because of its data compressibility.

Meanwhile it is only on the Zain BB service that you can browse on your lappy or destop using your BB as a modem. MTN still havent got it right.
Re: Zain Blackberry Services by Nobody: 12:02pm On Apr 26, 2010
@ cabali
Thanks for d info.Do u mean once I exhaust 50mb on my mtn bis dey wuld start charging me cos I hav been downloadin stuff like music and also do u know mtn's bis apn is it blackberry.net n does it hav a username n pwd?
Re: Zain Blackberry Services by iyk1(m): 9:54am On Apr 27, 2010
Meanwhile it is only on the Zain BB service that you can browse on your lappy or destop using your BB as a modem. MTN still havent got it right.
[quote][/quote]

point of correction mtn has unlimited bandwit on the blackberry and , and yes of cos u can connect it to ur laptop and download all u can and very very fast too,
mtn might tell u it is not possible but yes it is how? very simple google it yourself u just need to change some extra initialization commands that all
Re: Zain Blackberry Services by Nobody: 12:16pm On Apr 27, 2010
@iyk1
Pls educate us
Re: Zain Blackberry Services by iyk1(m): 12:25pm On Apr 27, 2010
i dont want to post the info here for spyish reasons but if u want it drop ur mail
Re: Zain Blackberry Services by iyk1(m): 12:28pm On Apr 27, 2010
my mail is iyksmann@yahoo.com i can give u all the settings for mtn unlimited browzin for real
Re: Zain Blackberry Services by iyk1(m): 12:33pm On Apr 27, 2010
but u need to av ur blacberry software installled and ur normal 5k bis subscription , there is no limit on mtn blackberry internet service u can confirm that from mtn customer care
Re: Zain Blackberry Services by benabbey(m): 8:04pm On Apr 27, 2010
@IYK1 Do you have information on MTN BIS and BES package. I presumed this BB charges is shrouded in mysteries no much information. BIS is 5k how many MB data does it cover, is call inclusive, also I learnt that there are two browser on the phone one is BB RIM browser and the second one is MTN WAP .RIM is slower while MTN wap is faster but charge 15k per kb. The last time I watch youtube video on my BB i was bill 3k i am on BES. I was temted to throw the bold away. Please if you have correct information let me have it or website that is explanatory
Re: Zain Blackberry Services by cabali(m): 8:29pm On Apr 27, 2010
Why do people on phone section like to get silly attention? Someone has to send you a mail to be assisted on an issue? It beats me really.

Meanwhile for Zain BB users of early bb devices like bold, storm, gemini etc, install the download manager version 5.1 I think. Then it is pretty much plug and play. All you need to do is to change the apn to Internet.ng.Zain.com and there you go, browsing on your lappy.

Of course on the phone, it is still blackberry.net he apn used to connect but as a modem on Zain network it is different and you still get to use from the 1G allocation.

I REPEAT mtn is not unlimited. Hey can tell u at the customer care but I did not take it when I heard it because I had run practicals on their service. MTN is 50MB inclusive compressed data. If you use the mtn wap browser of cos u will be billed pay as u go cos it runs through a different apn that is meant for out of bundle connection. Always use the bb browser and just hide away the other one to be safe
Re: Zain Blackberry Services by benabbey(m): 8:38pm On Apr 27, 2010
@ Cabali Thanks for your information. Is it possible to change from MTN BB to Zain. It baffles me why a phone as to be tied to a carrier. That is one of the disadvantages of BB. Once purchased the destiny is tied to one carrier you cannot afford to change SIM like all other phones.
Re: Zain Blackberry Services by cabali(m): 9:02pm On Apr 27, 2010
On the contrary, you actually can. Just get a new Zain or any network sim and subscribe to the network's bb service and there you go.
Re: Zain Blackberry Services by iyk1(m): 8:58am On Apr 28, 2010
@cabli
if i post this settings here, mtn might scramble it so just post ur email at least i am not asking anybody to pay
Re: Zain Blackberry Services by drone99(m): 3:49pm On Apr 28, 2010
if i buy take my BB phone to Zain office, will they configure; despite not buying from Zain.
Re: Zain Blackberry Services by drone99(m): 3:57pm On Apr 28, 2010
if i take my BB phone to Zain office, will they configure; despite not buying from Zain.
Re: Zain Blackberry Services by cabali(m): 9:54am On Apr 29, 2010
Your phone is of no technical consequence. All you need is a zain line to be provisioned and activated with he bb service by zain and you are good to go.

@drone

that's why Zain is better. At their shops they will even configure it for u to use ur bb as a modem. Nothing is hidden or illegal. That was my exact point earlier.
Re: Zain Blackberry Services by just1n(m): 11:04am On Apr 29, 2010
Hi cabal. I kinda dig ur comments in hurr x 'm thinkin of joinin de BB network. . . Apart from de biz oriented app, are der any other services dat gonn make me damn proud of de gadget?
Re: Zain Blackberry Services by cabali(m): 11:35am On Apr 29, 2010
If u take a look at my personality on this forum and regard my opinion and beliefs it will be easy to deduce how much I consider a BB a waste of time and space so, I am the worst person to get encouragement on the decision to get a BB device over another. I am just offering information to those who have the device and want information on what services can be got as delivered by various networks.
Re: Zain Blackberry Services by toladop(m): 1:12pm On Apr 29, 2010
pls does anybody know if i would get charged if I use my phone as a modem and I am on d' one month data plan'? does glo do 1month data plan as well?
Re: Zain Blackberry Services by benzion72(m): 10:02pm On Apr 29, 2010
@ Cabali I have a subscription of 1Gig internet subscription on my zain sim earlier now that i have used on Bb. I dont know how to access it again. Another challenge Zain only have GPRS in my area no EDGE or 3G. Any advise for me. Thank you in anticipation
Re: Zain Blackberry Services by cabali(m): 1:37pm On Apr 30, 2010
Once you have the 1g data subscription, u cannot have the other one that comes with the bb service. One will be sacrificed and it mostly likely won't be that of the bb.

If there is just GPRS in ur area then it simply means you will connect but just not at he speed experienced by others in areas where they have edge or 3G
Re: Zain Blackberry Services by Nobody: 9:31am On May 02, 2010
@cabali
Pls do u know if when one subscribes for zain bis if then they wuld activate 3g on the sim
Re: Zain Blackberry Services by cabali(m): 10:57am On May 02, 2010
Good question. I think to some extent they have the last call on those who have 3G on prepaid. So can't say.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Opera Max: How Does It Work? / Help: HowTo Download 2go On Nokia C1 / Qualcomm Drags Apple To Court, Accuses Apple Of Stealing.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.