Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,099 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:51 AM

“stop Listening To Nigerian Music” – Huddah Monroe Tells Other African Countries - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / “stop Listening To Nigerian Music” – Huddah Monroe Tells Other African Countries (47923 Views)

'Stop listening or buying Our Music' - Singer Simi to Yahooboys / Huddah Monroe: "No Man Wanna Be My Ex, I Got That African Sauce" / “I Used To Suck D**ks When I Was Dead Broke”- Huddah Monroe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “stop Listening To Nigerian Music” – Huddah Monroe Tells Other African Countries by evexx1(f): 9:24pm On Jan 11, 2018
Bridgetania:

angry sad
you should be arrested for making this kind of comment.

What kind of useless comment is this? we have enough rapists in this country..abi u wan to show ur Raping talent?? sad

Lemme do well to remind u that rape sentence is now Life Inprisonment. bastard.idiot. angry

He is clearly an animal.

2 Likes

Re: “stop Listening To Nigerian Music” – Huddah Monroe Tells Other African Countries by Mike008(m): 9:26pm On Jan 11, 2018
grin grin grin grin
Then you wont listen to music at all. Even Nollywood drives Kenyans crazy.

2 Likes

Re: “stop Listening To Nigerian Music” – Huddah Monroe Tells Other African Countries by Funkybabee(f): 9:26pm On Jan 11, 2018
Will you keep kwayet

1 Like

Re: “stop Listening To Nigerian Music” – Huddah Monroe Tells Other African Countries by Hotzone(m): 9:27pm On Jan 11, 2018
I remembered me as core Igbo boi used to boycott 9ja music because am used to typical, bone thugs, easy e and the rest of them but now, I play 9ja all the way. Entertainment, we the best ! U can't do without us!

4 Likes

Re: “stop Listening To Nigerian Music” – Huddah Monroe Tells Other African Countries by princealexndre(m): 9:28pm On Jan 11, 2018
He eazy?
Re: “stop Listening To Nigerian Music” – Huddah Monroe Tells Other African Countries by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jan 11, 2018
Overseas here we don't even know the modafucker.Please she should go and kill herself or go to Sambisa and donate herself to dullardhino's brothers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “stop Listening To Nigerian Music” – Huddah Monroe Tells Other African Countries by hatedisplace: 9:29pm On Jan 11, 2018
seunmohmoh:
Delectable Kenyan Socialite and former Big Brother Africa contestant, Huddah Monroe has called on other Africans to boycott Nigerian music as a whole.

Huddah wrote on her Insta story; “Nigerians don’t even listen and support other African artists music unless it’s collaboration which artists from other countries pay so much for them to be in their songs.”

This apparently, is in line with Shatta Wale’s rant about the secondary role artistes from other African countries are made to play in the continental music scene.

Huddah Monroe, in her post, added that “we the rest of Africa should just boycott (their music)” asking them to be their brothers keeper.

She wrote in full: ““Nigerians don’t even listen and support other African artists music unless it’s collaboration which artists from other countries pay so much for them to be in their songs. We the rest of AFRICA we should just boycott. Be your brothers keeper.”

See her post below:
wet in this wan dey talk. I blame internet. Type and post nonsense.
Re: “stop Listening To Nigerian Music” – Huddah Monroe Tells Other African Countries by Emperormartin(m): 9:29pm On Jan 11, 2018
Mariangeles:
This irrelevant woman is talking nonsense... of course we listen to music from other parts of Africa.
Way before Nigerian music became big, all we listened to was the soukous music from the francophone part of Africa and we enjoyed it even when we didn't understand what they were saying... we even tried to sing along.
They were celebrated everywhere in Nigeria, from Awilo logomba to koffi olomide...they were treated like big stars.
Even the group VIP from Ghana... She's just jealous.
The girl might be saying the truth if you look at it critically... But personally, I still enjoy my makossa till date!!!
Re: “stop Listening To Nigerian Music” – Huddah Monroe Tells Other African Countries by donem: 9:30pm On Jan 11, 2018
Make them boycot for all i care, as far as music in africa is concerned other african musicians be d plug na nigerian musicians be the socket.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: “stop Listening To Nigerian Music” – Huddah Monroe Tells Other African Countries by SilverEdit(m): 9:31pm On Jan 11, 2018
Mariangeles:
Are ou by any chance Harvey Weinstein?
Chai Nairaland..nothing I no go hear for this forum..na real Harvey Weinstein for Hollywood..lolz
Re: “stop Listening To Nigerian Music” – Huddah Monroe Tells Other African Countries by Akalia(m): 9:32pm On Jan 11, 2018
Bridgetania:

angry sad
you should be arrested for making this kind of comment.

What kind of useless comment is this? we have enough rapists in this country..abi u wan to show ur Raping talent?? sad

Lemme do well to remind u that rape sentence is now Life Inprisonment. bastard.idiot. angry
is it your rape? It's a man's world. (giggles)

3 Likes

Re: “stop Listening To Nigerian Music” – Huddah Monroe Tells Other African Countries by phemmyfour: 9:33pm On Jan 11, 2018
stellx:
Jealousy !!!

We don't listen to trash music because our Nack for melody and rhythm aka flow is only gotten at home just like Nigeria wire and cable.

Even quality songs in Nigeria have less than 5 months life span before another jamz takes over.

It was Olamide's "WO" in October but by November we were on "FIA" which is struggling with a host of many new songs now.

Sorry sis. Join us if you cannot give us what we want.
Its not something you force. The likes of Kona, lepa gau, Awilo, even Alhaji were welcomed in Naija

1 Like

Re: “stop Listening To Nigerian Music” – Huddah Monroe Tells Other African Countries by Banter1(m): 9:35pm On Jan 11, 2018
Jealousy
Re: “stop Listening To Nigerian Music” – Huddah Monroe Tells Other African Countries by Alao96(m): 9:36pm On Jan 11, 2018
Dis one sha dy find attention.... Nigeria's music is like a zombie infection too fucking contagious..... And d tin is dat we ain't even done yet

5 Likes

Re: “stop Listening To Nigerian Music” – Huddah Monroe Tells Other African Countries by Johnpsite: 9:37pm On Jan 11, 2018
stellx:
Jealousy !!!

We don't listen to trash music because our Nack for melody and rhythm aka flow is only gotten at home just like Nigeria wire and cable.

Even quality songs in Nigeria have less than 5 months life span before another jamz takes over.

It was Olamide's "WO" in October but by November we were on "FIA" which is struggling with a host of many new songs now. Easy babe u sabi nice response anyway

Sorry sis. Join us if you cannot give us what we want.
Re: “stop Listening To Nigerian Music” – Huddah Monroe Tells Other African Countries by Tymizz: 9:39pm On Jan 11, 2018
U think Nigerians will listen to all those whack music ehn civilize olosho..the most annoying part of it is that they hardly sing with English..nonsense gal
Re: “stop Listening To Nigerian Music” – Huddah Monroe Tells Other African Countries by gregyboy(m): 9:44pm On Jan 11, 2018
When i say slay queens gat nothing to offer a guy who thinks with his dick would argue over it....

Nevertheless she was so dumb that nigeria she didnt know Nigerian has celebrated other African artist over the years in the lives of awilo,Yvonne chaka,vip,junior even recently one corner
I have a feeling she is heart broken by a Nigerian upcoming artiste
Re: “stop Listening To Nigerian Music” – Huddah Monroe Tells Other African Countries by Dindondin(m): 9:45pm On Jan 11, 2018
kimbraa:
She's right though but asking them not to listen to Nigerian songs is akin to asking Nigerians not to listen to songs from their Western counterparts.
She's absolutely wrong & pained. It's the aftermath of her Nigerian bf that dumped her!
She's hurt mad at anything out of Nija!
Last year, Nigerians rocked One Corner by Patapaa, we still rocking it. Sarkodie made a lot of collaborations with Nigerian artists, he even snubbed Yemi Alade one day like that.
The truth is most songs from other African countries are not hits like the Nigerian ones. In Nigeria alone, there are so many A list artists. See the competitions from songs like
Penalty, Living Things, Wo, If, Mad Over You, All Over, Easy Jeje, Slow Down, FIA, Iskaba, Yeba, Mama etc. Tell me what chance other African songs have to market their songs here.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: “stop Listening To Nigerian Music” – Huddah Monroe Tells Other African Countries by mekybabe1: 9:46pm On Jan 11, 2018
She needs one big cassava from naija to change her mind.

4 Likes

Re: “stop Listening To Nigerian Music” – Huddah Monroe Tells Other African Countries by Laple0541(m): 9:48pm On Jan 11, 2018
Olosho.....she wan eat Naija sugarcane, maybe she don hi Wizkid/Davido dem and they ignored her, the mofo come they show her frustration online.

Btw, you don't need to beg for collabo if you do good music, other musicians will come for you. Nigerians listened to Awilo, Mafikizolo, Angelíque kidjo and other African artists because they do good music.
Re: “stop Listening To Nigerian Music” – Huddah Monroe Tells Other African Countries by MRLANNISTER(m): 9:53pm On Jan 11, 2018
seunmohmoh:
Delectable Kenyan Socialite and former Big Brother Africa contestant, Huddah Monroe has called on other Africans to boycott Nigerian music as a whole.

Huddah wrote on her Insta story; “Nigerians don’t even listen and support other African artists music unless it’s collaboration which artists from other countries pay so much for them to be in their songs.”

This apparently, is in line with Shatta Wale’s rant about the secondary role artistes from other African countries are made to play in the continental music scene.

Huddah Monroe, in her post, added that “we the rest of Africa should just boycott (their music)” asking them to be their brothers keeper.

She wrote in full: ““Nigerians don’t even listen and support other African artists music unless it’s collaboration which artists from other countries pay so much for them to be in their songs. We the rest of AFRICA we should just boycott. Be your brothers keeper.”

See her post below:

Beef. What is there to listen to in Kenyan music?

6 Likes

Re: “stop Listening To Nigerian Music” – Huddah Monroe Tells Other African Countries by Tydie0: 9:54pm On Jan 11, 2018
This is what happens when you reason with your pussy
Re: “stop Listening To Nigerian Music” – Huddah Monroe Tells Other African Countries by Mariangeles(f): 9:54pm On Jan 11, 2018
SilverEdit:

Chai Nairaland..nothing I no go hear for this forum..na real Harvey Weinstein for Hollywood..lolz
As in eh...
Re: “stop Listening To Nigerian Music” – Huddah Monroe Tells Other African Countries by lebete3000: 9:54pm On Jan 11, 2018
seunmohmoh:

See her post below:

Nigeria is Africa & vice-versa, the rest of y'all are States...

She dey madt.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “stop Listening To Nigerian Music” – Huddah Monroe Tells Other African Countries by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jan 11, 2018
Afobear:
after all this insults....I go join am rape you

chai.. I pity any female around u.. Dem don suffer.

I dont need to insult nah.. Ur life is already worthless..coz its only worthless beings that stoop so low to rape. tongue angry

1 Like

Re: “stop Listening To Nigerian Music” – Huddah Monroe Tells Other African Countries by kazzy4u(m): 9:56pm On Jan 11, 2018
mumu fall on u... if u don't listen to naija music wch African music u wanna listen too.. naija music nah back to back... don't touch it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: “stop Listening To Nigerian Music” – Huddah Monroe Tells Other African Countries by Mariangeles(f): 9:56pm On Jan 11, 2018
Emperormartin:

The girl might be saying the truth if you look at it critically... But personally, I still enjoy my makossa till date!!!
There's no truth in what she's saying... others are celebrating us the way we celebrated others

2 Likes

Re: “stop Listening To Nigerian Music” – Huddah Monroe Tells Other African Countries by ngwababe(f): 9:57pm On Jan 11, 2018
madridguy:
Another bad belle grin
If not BBA, she won't worth anything. Go to ngwa road now, in Abia State, all these her clothes are not less than 2k.

2 Likes

Re: “stop Listening To Nigerian Music” – Huddah Monroe Tells Other African Countries by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jan 11, 2018
Fakura:

And you should be maimed and then slaughtered with an axe, right after you've been stripped naked_and paraded around the streets, with the word idiot stamped on your back, because that's what you are.

hahahahahah... nairaland official E-Rapist. I dey hail oo cheesy
Re: “stop Listening To Nigerian Music” – Huddah Monroe Tells Other African Countries by Sinof(m): 9:59pm On Jan 11, 2018
Who Be This One? Who She Epp Sef? Just Another Attention-seeking Nairobi Slay Queen. When U Make Any Good Music, It Appeals To Music Lovers Globally Not Just In Africa. Hasn't She Heard Of Hugh Masekela, Nico Mbaga, Youssou Ndor, Yvonne Chaka Chaka, Akon, Awilo Logomba, Koffi Olomide, Brenda Fassie, Mariam Makeba, Or Know Casper Nyovest, Sarkodie, Sauti Sol, Diamond Platinums, Nasty C, M.Anifest, Fally Ipupa, Mafikizolo, AKA And Jozi? When Kenyans Make Good Music, We'll Patronise Them

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nino Idibia: "A Stranger Asked Me My Father 2face's Number" / Is It True That Ciara Is A Man? / Sista Afia: I Sleep With Men I Find Attractive, Don't Need Emotional Attachment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.