Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,826 members, 7,828,020 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:31 PM

What Does Love Mean? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Does Love Mean? (896 Views)

Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? / Why Does Love Hurt So Bad? / What Does Love Mean To You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does Love Mean? by gombos: 12:51am On Apr 11, 2010
A group of professional people posted this question to a group of 4 to 8 year-olds,
“What does love mean?”
The answers they got were broader and deeper than anyone could have imagined as followings:

“When my grandmother got arthritis, she couldn’t bend over and paint her toenails anymore. So my grandfather does it for her all the time, even when his hands got arthritis too. That’s love.” - age 8

"When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different. You know that your name is safe in their mouth.” - age 4

“Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.” - age 5

“Love is when you go out to eat and give somebody most of your French fries without making them give you any of theirs.” - age 6

“Love is what makes you smile when you’re tired.” - age 4

"Love is when my mommy makes coffee for my daddy and she takes a sip before giving it to him, to make sure the taste is OK.” - age 7

“If you want to learn to love better, you should start with a friend who you hate,” - age 6

“Love is when you tell a guy you like his shirt, then he wears it everyday.” - age 7

“Love is like a little old woman and a little old man who are still friends even after they know each other so well.” - age 6

“During my piano recital, I was on a stage and I was scared. I looked at all the people watching me and saw my daddy waving and smiling. He was the only one doing that. I wasn’t scared anymore,” - age 8

“My mommy loves me more than anybody. You don’t see anyone else kissing me to sleep at night.” - age 6

“Love is when Mommy gives Daddy the best piece of chicken.” -age 5

“Love is when Mommy sees Daddy smelly and sweaty and still says he is handsomer than Robert Redford.” - age 7

“Love is when your puppy licks your face even after you left him alone all day.” - age 4

“I know my older sister loves me because she gives me all her old clothes and has to go out and buy new ones.” - age 4

“When you love somebody, your eyelashes go up and down and little stars come out of you.” - age 7

“You really shouldn’t say ‘I love you’ unless you mean it. But if you mean it, you should say it a lot. People forget,” - age 8
Re: What Does Love Mean? by na2day2(m): 2:35am On Apr 11, 2010
cant wait for the ladies to answer this one. plz ladies including the gold digging ones, answer this question asap!
Re: What Does Love Mean? by spoilt(f): 3:31am On Apr 11, 2010
gombo_s:

A group of professional people posted this question to a group of 4 to 8 year-olds,
“What does love mean?”
The answers they got were broader and deeper than anyone could have imagined as followings:

“When my grandmother got arthritis, she couldn’t bend over and paint her toenails anymore. So my grandfather does it for her all the time, even when his hands got arthritis too. That’s love.” - age 8

"When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different. You know that your name is safe in their mouth.” - age 4

“Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.” - age 5

“Love is when you go out to eat and give somebody most of your French fries without making them give you any of theirs.” - age 6

"Love is when my mommy makes coffee for my daddy and she takes a sip before giving it to him, to make sure the taste is OK.” - age 7

“If you want to learn to love better, you should start with a friend who you hate,” - age 6

“Love is when you tell a guy you like his shirt, then he wears it everyday.” - age 7

“Love is like a little old woman and a little old man who are still friends even after they know each other so well.” - age 6

“During my piano recital, I was on a stage and I was scared. I looked at all the people watching me and saw my daddy waving and smiling. He was the only one doing that. I wasn’t scared anymore,” - age 8

“My mommy loves me more than anybody. You don’t see anyone else kissing me to sleep at night.” - age 6

“Love is when Mommy sees Daddy smelly and sweaty and still says he is handsomer than Robert Redford.” - age 7

“Love is when your puppy licks your face even after you left him alone all day.” - age 4

“I know my older sister loves me because she gives me all her old clothes and has to go out and buy new ones.” - age 4

“When you love somebody, your eyelashes go up and down and little stars come out of you.” - age 7

“You really shouldn’t say ‘I love you’ unless you mean it. But if you mean it, you should say it a lot. People forget,” - age 8

At highlighted definitions. . . . Is it really love or just womanhood? I really need to start eating the best part of the chicken.
Re: What Does Love Mean? by na2day2(m): 4:21am On Apr 11, 2010
spoilt:

At highlighted definitions. . . . Is it really love or just womanhood? I really need to start eating the best part of the chicken.

so what do u call love?
Re: What Does Love Mean? by spoilt(f): 6:09am On Apr 11, 2010
Right now for me there is this blurred line between love and my wifely duties. Im in love but it gets overshadowed by every day practicality and caring for my family. Love for me is having my husband help me so I dont drop from exhaustion from juggling everything.
Re: What Does Love Mean? by na2day2(m): 6:21am On Apr 11, 2010
spoilt:

Right now for me there is this blurred line between love and my wifely duties. Im in love but it gets overshadowed by every day practicality and caring for my family. Love for me is having my husband help me so I dont drop from exhaustion from juggling everything.

so the definition of love changes depending on the stage u r in life, right?
Re: What Does Love Mean? by spoilt(f): 6:24am On Apr 11, 2010
^^^ It sure does.
How can I forget puppy love? Blissly naive of what life has ahead. Then there's college love and as a very young women when you think you are invincible and can pull down the sky. grin grin Then there's the practical love that womanhood dictates to you. **Sigh** What do I know about love? Im no expert. Im still learning everyday.
Re: What Does Love Mean? by na2day2(m): 6:37am On Apr 11, 2010
spoilt:

^^^ It sure does.
How can I forget puppy love? Blissly naive of what life has ahead. Then there's college love and as a very young women when you think you are invincible and can pull down the sky. grin grin Then there's the practical love that womanhood dictates to you. **Sigh** What do I know about love? Im no expert. Im still learning everyday.

hmmm, u r giving me alot to think about which in turn is raising more questions but i gotta go to bed soon so maybe later smiley
Re: What Does Love Mean? by Nobody: 9:47am On Apr 11, 2010
gombo_s:

“What does love mean?”

a 6years old said that? shocked shocked shocked shocked wow I would like my child to be that smart.
Re: What Does Love Mean? by abrahym(m): 10:31am On Apr 11, 2010
Love is abt sacrifice
Re: What Does Love Mean? by abrahym(m): 10:31am On Apr 11, 2010
Love is abt sacrifice
Re: What Does Love Mean? by gombos: 3:11pm On Apr 12, 2010
WHY MUST SOME OF YOU WRECKLESS PEOPLE INSIST ON BURSTING MY BEAUTIFUL BALLOON??

The world is lovely, and pink and caring here!! grin

LEAVE IT ALONE!!!! angry looool,

And children CAN be that smart, (I dnt knw what kinda children u lot are surrounded by loool ) but the children i see are short of genius!

My friends daughter asked her the other day:

"Mummy, if my heart breaks will i die?"

AWHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH *tear drop*

Its the sweetest thing! undecided
Re: What Does Love Mean? by tayore: 4:45pm On Apr 12, 2010
LOVE is PAIN!
I still believe in it, though.
Re: What Does Love Mean? by Girl846(f): 11:32pm On Apr 12, 2010
Ultimately, GOD IS LOVE! smiley
Re: What Does Love Mean? by freecocoa(f): 12:08am On Apr 13, 2010
love is treating people the same way u'd treat urself.love is seeing someone in need and not hesitating to help.its a pity we've lost sight of dat,many people think love is restricted to a particular group of people or even a particular boy/girl.
Re: What Does Love Mean? by na2day2(m): 1:42am On Apr 13, 2010
Girl846:

Ultimately, GOD IS LOVE! smiley

the only true and lasting definition wink wink wink wink

(1) (Reply)

Men - Which Do You Care More About? / Will You Bleep A Girl Who Was Born Incomplete / A Girl Sent This To My Friend.Will She Date Him?Pls Advise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.