Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,200 members, 7,818,667 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:23 PM

What Does Love Mean To You? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Does Love Mean To You? (10448 Views)

What Does It Mean To Be In An Open Relationship? / Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? / Why Does Love Hurt So Bad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does Love Mean To You? by dollygurl(f): 8:56pm On Dec 31, 2005
Well, I'll keep my own definitions till later until i get some replies. I know everyone has a meaning for love. What does it mean to you?
Re: What Does Love Mean To You? by MatureMe(f): 6:39am On Jan 01, 2006
Love = God!!!!!

My meaning of love is someone being there for you on your not so good days and this can include your family, friends and a special person in your life. Love means patience, not judging, being fulfilled and loving myself with all the flaws I have.
Re: What Does Love Mean To You? by smartsoft(m): 7:59pm On Jan 01, 2006
Well to me.. Love is a course on is own..  no definition.. for love men..
Re: What Does Love Mean To You? by nana(f): 9:29pm On Jan 01, 2006
Love to me,means an act of the mind,heart and will. Also,it is the basis of our human existence which flows like a stream we all go-a-fishing in and never runs dry.
Re: What Does Love Mean To You? by smartsoft(m): 10:10pm On Jan 01, 2006
Good Post Nana
Re: What Does Love Mean To You? by nana(f): 10:12pm On Jan 01, 2006
Thanks.
Re: What Does Love Mean To You? by Z4M4eva(f): 10:48pm On Jan 01, 2006
Love to me...words cannot define
Re: What Does Love Mean To You? by Rolly: 2:19am On Jan 02, 2006
Z4M4eva:

Love to me...words cannot define

yeah, i totally agree cheesy
Re: What Does Love Mean To You? by bellapink: 1:11am On Jan 03, 2006
Love is to Love someone no matter what happens how much that person changes. In other word when you first get married everything is all good he is nice looking and still youth full and so is she. What happens after years past by will they still look at each other the same how about when the weight comes on or after the first or 2 babies will he still see her the same. Women are not the the only ones who change so do men they also gain weight or get gray hair and so on . Then you will see if what you have was or is really true love if he or she still loves you after the enemy time changes you.[color=#006600][/color]
Re: What Does Love Mean To You? by Z4M4eva(f): 11:28am On Jan 03, 2006
@Bellapink...true
Re: What Does Love Mean To You? by dollygurl(f): 11:11pm On Jan 03, 2006
dats really true....says all already ...sm of mine is basically smone u want to be with ,share things with,smone u trust,smone u care bout and well all other good things added.i think more peeps can give us their definitions
Re: What Does Love Mean To You? by Ashbaby(f): 11:53pm On Jan 03, 2006
Love is walking in when the rest of the world walks out.
Re: What Does Love Mean To You? by vichel(m): 4:05am On Jan 04, 2006
Love means nothing when u not getting it in return.
Daat na d painful truth cry
Re: What Does Love Mean To You? by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jan 04, 2006
Love.....!!!! hm.. hm... Guys have you ever seen how a mother cares for her child that is pure love if u ask me. it doesnt mean jumping in the bed at every oppotunity(nah!!!!) love is pure. that is why Marriage is a sacred institution. One love guys..
Re: What Does Love Mean To You? by skima(m): 4:28am On Jan 09, 2006
Love definition is diverse and could be used in so many context but ill say its basic :- Giving,respect,caring,freedom,understand,trust,believing,.....etc

There is no way u can say u love some1 without the influence of trust1! Love is diverse i said early but dont take advantage of others and say love them.
Re: What Does Love Mean To You? by Ashbaby(f): 5:57pm On Jan 10, 2006
I'll disagree to some degree with skima. I think it depends on your definition of love and I agree with you that the definition is diverse, and it includes:
a)romantic love.....where trust has to be there.
b)love your enemies, do good to those who hurt you....that's hard to have the element of trust on.

But again, I agree with you, that in both kinds of love, the basics of giving, respect, caring, freedom, not necessarily understanding and believing all count. These two kinds of love are just examples, not the only two categories of love.
Re: What Does Love Mean To You? by skima(m): 7:48pm On Jan 10, 2006
That my thought!
Re: What Does Love Mean To You? by cushman(m): 7:53pm On Jan 10, 2006
Love cannot be defined. It's better imagined.
Re: What Does Love Mean To You? by disney(f): 8:03pm On Jan 10, 2006
Love to me means sacrifice, can the so called guy or babe sacrifice for you and l mean real sacrifice eg. lets say you are sick or need him desperately, would he or she be there for you. smiley not only doing the good times and not doing the bad times.
Re: What Does Love Mean To You? by Ashbaby(f): 7:53pm On Jan 11, 2006
disney:

Love to me means sacrifice, can the so called guy or babe sacrifice for you and l mean real sacrifice eg. lets say you are sick or need him desperately, would he or she be there for you. smiley not only doing the good times and not doing the bad times.
Yeah. That's true.
Re: What Does Love Mean To You? by mercyuti(f): 12:28pm On Feb 24, 2006
I really need an explaination of wat love means
Re: What Does Love Mean To You? by tejuoso1(f): 2:14pm On Feb 24, 2006
money
affection
trusts
then to make sure all money you spent on makeup and outfit is not a waste cos someone have to be proud of what u wear and most importantly strong bonding between u and a soul mate. when u r in love your dream change 4rm scary or ordinary to romantic one, cos u will see loved ones in ur dream.
Re: What Does Love Mean To You? by ThoniaSlim(f): 2:14pm On Feb 27, 2006
love is an indivual thing,it depends on the way an individual sees it. to me there are different categories of love,there is loving ur GOD,also there is loving ur neighbour as u love urself and also the love u show maybe to ur hubby or spouse. smiley
Re: What Does Love Mean To You? by Thagodfada(m): 3:48am On Feb 28, 2006
Love is joy, love is peace and love is pain.

Love is the joy you feel when you are around that special someone or think of that special someone.

Love is the peace that comes over you when you are in the arms of that special person

Love is the pain you feel whenever you hurt that special person (unknowingly of coursesmiley )

I can go on and on but will never reach the end of it. Love happens to be the hardest thing in the world to define. Great poets and writers have tried to no avail. Even William shakespear couldn't.

Love is a feeling that clouds one's sense of reasoning.
Re: What Does Love Mean To You? by Babygirl4(f): 7:10pm On Mar 24, 2006
Love is of God

Love is not judgemental
Love is lending a hand to a stranger in need
Love is knowing which sacrifices are worth it and making them
Love is not biased, Love is recognizing someone's pain and being there for comfort
Love is opening your heart to those who want to give
Love is not selfish,
Love is putting another's heart above your own
Love is not blind, Love is being able to look in the mirror and know you are someone special Love is not complex, Love is sincere smiles
Love is not distant, Love is a heartfelt hug
Love is the one true gift we have to share with anyone, anywhere, in an unlimited supply.

You cannot say you love God that you don't see, if you don't love your fellow humans that you see.
Re: What Does Love Mean To You? by Zahymaka(m): 11:16pm On Mar 24, 2006
Love is innumerable fountains welling up in my heart.
Re: What Does Love Mean To You? by Rhodalyn(f): 11:18pm On Mar 24, 2006
happiness, pains and heart-breaks
Re: What Does Love Mean To You? by kellorah: 1:03pm On Jul 18, 2006
love is the greatest gift of all.
with God's love in ma heart
i can be a shinning star
for love is the greatest gift of allllllll
Re: What Does Love Mean To You? by akniy(m): 2:04pm On Jul 18, 2006
hey all u guys r nice poets. u deserve a nobel laurette. love is simply like jumping into d river without thinking of the consequences.
Re: What Does Love Mean To You? by Busta(f): 2:24pm On Jul 18, 2006
love ko, love ni. LOVE DON'T EXIST NO MORE"

ITS BEEN LONG TIME DEAD!
Re: What Does Love Mean To You? by akniy(m): 2:27pm On Jul 18, 2006
@ busta, u mean love died with titanic. naija blood dey ur vein
Re: What Does Love Mean To You? by Busta(f): 2:28pm On Jul 18, 2006
nope not with titanic, it died b4 titanic and sup with u and naija blood?

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Think My Boyfriend Wants To Use Me For Rituals / My Girlfriend Just Put To Bed, Congrats To Me. / How Girls Fall In Love...the Science Of Attraction Exposed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.