Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,407 members, 7,822,879 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

Why I Don't Believe Betting Is Doing More Harm Than Good - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why I Don't Believe Betting Is Doing More Harm Than Good (1291 Views)

You’re Doing More Than Your Age – Again, 13-year-old Mercy Kenneth Criticized / Pussy Has Done More Harm Than Good To Me / Why Ladies Prefer To Date 'Bad Boys' Rather Than 'Good Boys' - Nigerian Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Don't Believe Betting Is Doing More Harm Than Good by Cyndyonyx(f): 1:11pm On Jan 12, 2018
Importance of betting

Generation of revenue
Betting outfits pay tax to the government of any country they operate,this also include business premises,lightbills,registration with lottery board etc

Creation of jobs
Bookies like bet9ja, nairabet etc employs people to manage their outlets,and this is important in countries like nigeria where the ratio of jobs to number of qualified graduates is like a drop of water in a dry desert

Reduction in crime rate
The youths who would have been in the streets thinking of one crime or another are now in betting shops analyzing matches,comparing odds,strategizing and hoping they'd hit it big one day

Unity
This is self explanatory,nothing unites people more than sports,money and common enemies the bookies

Improving the lives of people
Many millionaires have been made from betting and many have won stipends from betting which provides instant succor in times of need

Youth empowerment and encouragement of computer literacy
The determination and hope they(bettors) posses when betting empowers and give them the zeal to become something in life and the mode of operation is strictly digital
Re: Why I Don't Believe Betting Is Doing More Harm Than Good by Nutase: 1:32pm On Jan 12, 2018
Your opinion. But you didn't add that it has ruined many lives. Some people are so addicted to it that they are perpetually broke hoping for a breakthrough that will never come.

1 Like

Re: Why I Don't Believe Betting Is Doing More Harm Than Good by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jan 12, 2018
Nutase:
Your opinion. But you didn't add that it has ruined many lives. Some people are so addicted to it that they are perpetually broke hoping for a breakthrough that will never come.
it is d foolish ones...av bin into betting for 8yrs now n i can say i stop wen i want n resume wenever i want.its nt a do or die affair like some pple take it
Re: Why I Don't Believe Betting Is Doing More Harm Than Good by milliman(m): 1:43pm On Jan 12, 2018
[quote author=nnamdiokere45 post=64130292]it is d foolish ones...av bin into betting for 8yrs now n i can say i stop wen i want n resume wenever i want.its nt a do or die affair like some pple take it[/quote

nah lie you lie... okay for 8 years you have been gambling what have you profit,.. shey u don buy car? house? maybe u just win 10k come dey make u dey feel like God.. Foolish boy
Re: Why I Don't Believe Betting Is Doing More Harm Than Good by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jan 12, 2018
Bet9ja Agent! I Sight You! undecided

1 Like

Re: Why I Don't Believe Betting Is Doing More Harm Than Good by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jan 12, 2018
[quote author=milliman post=64130520][/quote]Wetin ds okpo dey talk?
Re: Why I Don't Believe Betting Is Doing More Harm Than Good by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jan 12, 2018
I can see bet9ja just employed diswan,this must be your first assignment.
Welldone

1 Like

Re: Why I Don't Believe Betting Is Doing More Harm Than Good by milliman(m): 2:12pm On Jan 12, 2018
nnamdiokere45:
Wetin ds okpo dey talk?

go sleep jare.. ode oshi
Re: Why I Don't Believe Betting Is Doing More Harm Than Good by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jan 12, 2018
good pionts
Re: Why I Don't Believe Betting Is Doing More Harm Than Good by lacruz12(m): 2:48pm On Jan 12, 2018
I had friends back then in uniben who never had money when you asked but you will see roll sheets like tissue paper with them.... they are always broke mehn!!
Re: Why I Don't Believe Betting Is Doing More Harm Than Good by LewsTherin: 4:07pm On Nov 28, 2019
Betting companies aggregate monies from their teeming customers. Yes they pay taxes to the government (who squander it by the way) but the aggregated monies are not used productively. The company has huge chunks of cash that they at most invest in financial instruments. The monies don't get into the productive sectors of the economy and so do not benefit Nigeria in the long run.

Now if betting companies invest in mortgage banking or agro allied industries in Nigeria, then I can agree that they are beneficial to Nigeria.

On the micro scale, they simply ruin the lives of people who are already at the poverty line.
Re: Why I Don't Believe Betting Is Doing More Harm Than Good by LewsTherin: 4:08pm On Nov 28, 2019
Reduction in crime rate? Where? When? How? The youths are still roaming the streets, still jobless, still being criminal only this time to fund their gambling habits.

1 Like

Re: Why I Don't Believe Betting Is Doing More Harm Than Good by LewsTherin: 4:12pm On Nov 28, 2019
As to the millionaires being made. I would like to know of one. One who made millions from sports betting in Nigeria and has been able to build financial independence for himself.

I'm not saying it cannot happen, but I am yet to see it.

1 Like

Re: Why I Don't Believe Betting Is Doing More Harm Than Good by IamPlato(m): 4:17pm On Nov 28, 2019
You No Get Sense...

(1) (Reply)

Igbo Man Just The Blow This Man Wife Anyhow / Amber Rose Flashes Her Massive Cleavage And Curves In Plunging Barely-there Body / Big Question For WOMEN ONLY (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.