Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,808 members, 7,827,973 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help (26548 Views)

Abroad Must Favour My Family (hilarious Photo) / Sermon That Touches The Heart: The Day My Boyfriend And I Went To Church / How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help by benabbey(m): 1:27pm On Apr 13, 2010
@Rich John Thanks
Re: My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help by JeSoul(f): 2:27pm On Apr 13, 2010
Chrisbenogor:

how come the regulars here never ever say anything about their lives? for all we know this could be a regular oh!
Jesoul abi na you? grin grin grin grin
lol, Chris you nor well. How we know say e no be you? grin
Re: My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help by kay0195: 2:49pm On Apr 13, 2010
I beg make una no kill una self over this work of fiction ooooo stop throwing insults at one another. I mean what the heck!
Re: My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help by ow11(m): 3:00pm On Apr 13, 2010
Confilass:

Amos 3:3 "Can two walk 2gether, except they be agreed?" Pls am not condemning him but God first in any decision you'll make in life. Don't 4get it'll no longer be boyfriend and girlfriend issues but hus. & wife, u'll have to obey him & be submissive. Except u've sign to be an atheist.

Are there really significant differences in a committed relationship before and after marriage?
Re: My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help by Chrisbenogor(m): 3:14pm On Apr 13, 2010
@Jesoul
Haba have you forgotten so soon? That time we were almost tying the knot and you told me your great grandpapa nor gree make we marry because of my atheistic charming accent that used to send you to cloud 9 na? Is this the remix version of the story? cheesy
Re: My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help by Iranoladun(f): 3:19pm On Apr 13, 2010
@ Mad Max I like your sincere and forthright reply about the post and Christianity; it's a master piece.  Most of your thots are in sic with mine.

@Poster Nairaland has made you discover the other side of your boyfriend that you did not know.  How will you handle it? If he's not picking your calls why don't you pay him a visit? Send him a private mail. stop washing all your dirty linen in public.

@boyfriend or be who yu r  If you think your girlfriend Sia goofed you also did not handled the issue like a man.  You provided so many personal side to Sia story that we did not know before (very childish).  However, this STRANGERLAND and your secret are safe except for Labake.  About Labake, do you think she has your interest at heart fro referring you to this thread? think again!  Call Sia and sort things out in private. Comments on nairaland should not be the deciding factor of your Union IF TRULY YOU LOVE SIA.
Re: My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help by JeSoul(f): 4:03pm On Apr 13, 2010
Chrisbenogor:

@Jesoul
Haba have you forgotten so soon? That time we were almost tying the knot and you told me your great grandpapa nor gree make we marry because of my atheistic charming accent that used to send you to cloud 9 na? Is this the remix version of the story? cheesy
Hehe, me I no remember that one oh! grin Na someone else, my great granpa was long gone by the time I arrived grin
Re: My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help by Dalby(m): 4:11pm On Apr 13, 2010
Iranoladun:

@ Mad Max I like your sincere and forthright reply about the post and Christianity; it's a master piece.  Most of your thots are in sic with mine.

True

Iranoladun:

@Poster Nairaland has made you discover the other side of your boyfriend that you did not know.  How will you handle it? If he's not picking your calls why don't you pay him a visit? Send him a private mail. stop washing all your dirty linen in public.

I dont get this other side that some of you keep mentioning. Is it that he can actually get angry when trust has been betrayed

Iranoladun:

@boyfriend or be who yu r  If you think your girlfriend Sia goofed you also did not handled the issue like a man.  You provided so many personal side to Sia story that we did not know before (very childish).  However, this STRANGERLAND and your secret are safe except for Labake.  About Labake, do you think she has your interest at heart fro referring you to this thread? think again!  Call Sia and sort things out in private. Comments on nairaland should not be the deciding factor of your Union IF TRULY YOU LOVE SIA.

The idea was to give the total story so people can judge / take sides. Have you observed that the rate of post / replies have droped droppedthen.
Why because she told us her own truth which was half the truth and trust people now they wanted to eat the guy raw. Stoning him with any verse from the bible they could draw.
Now people have heard his side, every one has entered the house. Some now say he did not handle it like a man. That they should go and discuss in private.

[size=18pt]When we all first saw the post, why did we not advise the poster to go in private and sort things out with her boyfriend[/size]

cry cry cry
Re: My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help by InesQor(m): 4:16pm On Apr 13, 2010
If the story is even true at all, I think the BF is making a mountain out of a molehole; because we are anonymous strangers for Gilligan's sake! How has she "betrayed" him?

In fact by showing up guns blazing, he has revealed MORE INFO about himself including names and even implicated a third-party. Betrayal my pinkie finger. angry
Re: My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help by Dalby(m): 4:20pm On Apr 13, 2010
They had an agreement that there will be no third party interference in navigating their relationship undecided undecided undecided
Re: My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help by okooyinbo(m): 4:23pm On Apr 13, 2010
Adconline said: , Argue facts not emotions.  The premise of this post is that her BF is a non-follower of any religious teachings and she is a Christian. Do you think that her family would have accepted  him if he were a Muslim or Buddhist? Her family's objection stems from his non-Christian faith. Any evidence to show that people who follow  "this path are the most dangerous beings alive". We have seen religiousity in Nigeria and where it has led us. Most folks in Sweden about 80%- do not believe in anything, yet they live longer and better than power drunk Nigerians who live in Aso Rock.  Most Scandavian countries have high percentage of atheists, yet  they contribute a lot of their resources to war,famine, natural disasters in developing countries,

And to support your postulation: Those who perpetuated and are still encouraging "SLAVERY" in Africa were and are mostly Allah-Mongers and Jesus-obsessed people. The a lot of the humanists that fought for the abolition of Slavery were actually Atheist. It is a pity that Africans atleast Nigerian students are not thought about the suffereing of their people carted away by the Arabs and the Europeans.

And during the recent event in Haiti, the most dreadful "do not help Haiti, we got our own problems too" propagators are mostly the socalled believers who pray day in day out and should be their brothers keeper.

Anyway, let me attend to the topic: Hey girl, I tell you to pray as some suggested to you. However, at the end of the prayer sessions and all the "isojis" you would not have solved your problem. The greatest problem we are facing as Africans is our feeble mind. If we are thoroughly enlightened, we would not have such massive devotion to the bible and quoran in the first place.

The guy, on your account seems to be a responsible lad and a well principled person. My advice to you is to convince your dad to talk to the guy. However, I am afraid it would really be easier for the camel to pass through the needle hole; because he already formed his opinion about the guy being a "devil". Though nothing is impossibel. Give it a try! When they eventually get to talk, religion should be taken out of the agenda. The most important thing actually should be your WELFARE. Let everybody including your family and pastor know that it your OWN believe that will eventually save your sinnful SOUL. Not that of your husband, certainly not that of your dear father, mother, brothers, sisters and pastor. Only you can save or lost your soul. And marrying this guy will definitely not make you lost your soul. You are already a sinner the moment you were born just like many millions other people. I did not say that; it is written in your scripture.

Life is about taking risk. You will not find out how lovely or devilish the marriage with your guy will be if you do not marry him. Therefore, go ahead and marry him.

And concerning your offsprings: I think they should and will find their own truth thelmseves. I hope neither you nor the potential father should force your religious doctrines on them o.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help by Dalby(m): 4:27pm On Apr 13, 2010
InesQor:

In fact by showing up guns blazing, he has revealed MORE INFO about himself including names and even implicated a third-party. Betrayal my pinkie finger.  angry

I thought we were talking about a human being with emotions whose feelings have been hurt. If her parents feel so bad about the relationship, should he be hearing it now after 4 years on the internet because he sure sounded surprised and the most he could think of was to call the girls brother!!!
Re: My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help by SiaFuller: 4:56pm On Apr 13, 2010
I dont even know what to do again. Something so harmless as a post to ask for a personal advise in respect of an issue i was trying to clarify has turned into a nightmare for me. Since yesterday i have been calling him he is not answering. My Parents have heard through my brother and while i was expecting them to be elated, they have kept an uneasy silence. My brother has been accusing me of trying to poision his future since my boyfriend assisted him with his NYSC runs and am in the middle of all these things that i cant even lay my finger on what i have done and i have been trying to make him know i meant no harm humilating him in public. Worst still i went to his house this morning and he instructed the Mallam not to allow me access. He sent me a text stating since i have told the world he is an atheist, he will be better off mingling with his fellow atheists than for him to be subjected to such condemnations publicly when we both agreed to keep things private. Am a total wreck since yesterday and am gradually losing my mind.

If he is reading this or if any one can help connect with him to tell him that it was not intended the way he is seeing it. I have never seen him so upset like this before and worse things have happened that he hasnt even remotely acted like this. I really dont know what to do again and what triggered him to be so angry and upset ! i didnt wake up 2 days ago planning to destroy our future but i was looking for a way to strengthen it but it has turned into a total reversal. Where do i start from. The Devil really knows how to worm his way into people's heart. I have never posted on Nairaland and against my better judgement i decided to do it rather it leading into a crisis of immense proportion. Nobody would understand what he has done for me over the years and i never expected people to criticiize him the way they did thats why i asked for mature comments not insults. What do i do now.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help by Nobody: 4:59pm On Apr 13, 2010
Sia Fuller:

If he is reading this or if any one can help connect with him to tell him that it was not intended the way he is seeing it. I have never seen him so upset like this before and worse things have happened that he hasnt even remotely acted like this. I really dont know what to do again and what triggered him to be so angry and upset ! i didnt wake up 2 days ago planning to destroy our future but i was looking for a way to strengthen it but it has turned into a total reversal. Where do i start from. The Devil really knows how to worm his way into people's heart. I have never posted on Nairaland and against my better judgement i decided to do it rather it leading into a crisis of immense proportion. Nobody would understand what he has done for me over the years and i never expected people to criticiize him the way they did thats why i asked for mature comments not insults. What do i do now.

the signs were there all along. your bf has a serious aversion to anything christianity.
Re: My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help by Dalby(m): 5:30pm On Apr 13, 2010
Sia Fuller:

I dont even know what to do again. Something so harmless as a post to ask for a personal advise in respect of an issue i was trying to clarify has turned into a nightmare for me. Since yesterday i have been calling him he is not answering. My Parents have heard through my brother and while i was expecting them to be elated, they have kept an uneasy silence. My brother has been accusing me of trying to poision his future since my boyfriend assisted him with his NYSC runs and am in the middle of all these things that i cant even lay my finger on what i have done and i have been trying to make him know i meant no harm humilating him in public. Worst still i went to his house this morning and he instructed the Mallam not to allow me access. He sent me a text stating since i have told the world he is an atheist, he will be better off mingling with his fellow atheists than for him to be subjected to such condemnations publicly when we both agreed to keep things private. Am a total wreck since yesterday and am gradually losing my mind.

If he is reading this or if any one can help connect with him to tell him that it was not intended the way he is seeing it. I have never seen him so upset like this before and worse things have happened that he hasn't even remotely acted like this. I really don't know what to do again and what triggered him to be so angry and upset ! i didn't wake up 2 days ago planning to destroy our future but i was looking for a way to strengthen it but it has turned into a total reversal. Where do i start from. The Devil really knows how to worm his way into people's heart. I have never posted on Nairaland and against my better judgement i decided to do it rather it leading into a crisis of immense proportion. Nobody would understand what he has done for me over the years and i never expected people to criticize him the way they did thats why i asked for mature comments not insults. What do i do now.

Your man will come back to you he is really heart broken now and needs some space but it will take a little time (it will not be 1 or 2 hours like you were used to). Continue to reach out to him through what ever means you can wink wink wink

I actually share the trait of not getting angry very easily with him and it tends to astound people. Women more often than not now take this for granted almost as if taunting people like us. The only problem is that when we truly get angry it is often caused by the slightest issues (built up issues which severally causes him to go for 1 or 2 hours to clear his head accumulates).
Re: My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help by becomricha: 6:26pm On Apr 13, 2010
You want to wait for God. You do not want to be desperate.
Re: My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help by Aproko(f): 6:27pm On Apr 13, 2010
Labake is the problem , he heard all what she had to say and believed her before even reading your post! if he had stumbled upon the thread without Labake's prodding, chances are that he would never have posted anything.

if hes not taking your calls, get someone he really respects to talk to him. infact, you should refer the person to the thread.

please try to sort this issue out and then deal with Labake.

@ Labake again,

Na wa for you!
Re: My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help by octar6: 6:45pm On Apr 13, 2010
@sia fuller,
I sympathise with u.I feel ur pains.U never insulted ur B.F for 1 minute,so it makes no sense dat he is refusing 2 c u. The issue is, if he really wants u,he will let u guys 2 settle issues.Your brother should grow up and never think his future lies with ur B.F.
Now if he refuses 2 settle issues,u should move on with ur life.God be with u.
Re: My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help by sweet9ja: 6:59pm On Apr 13, 2010
You must be a big fool not to marry this guy.
Re: My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help by agathamari(f): 7:12pm On Apr 13, 2010
@poster this is your life, noone elses. if you truly love him then good for you. make a life with him. your family and friends ca bit/ch and moan all they want but in the end you are the one in the relationship not them. stand up on your own two feet and do waht you feel is right for you not what is right for everyone else. you comprimise now, you will end up doing it for the rest of your life
Re: My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help by sweet9ja: 7:19pm On Apr 13, 2010
@poster this is your life, noone elses. if you truly love him then good for you. make a life with him. your family and friends ca bit/ch and moan all they want but in the end you are the one in the relationship not them. stand up on your own two feet and do waht you feel is right for you not what is right for everyone else. you comprimise now, you will end up doing it for the rest of your life.

@agathamari, I agree completely with you.
Re: My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help by Zodiac61(m): 8:02pm On Apr 13, 2010
@ poster, everything we do in life is a compromise. You knew that this man was an atheist when you chose to start with him. Even at that point you were not unaware of the kind of reactions that the relationship would engender among your family and friends. No doubt, having weighed up the pros and cons you decided that it was worth having a relationship with him. What has changed? Why did you feel the need to expose your relationship now?
I have written about the arrogance of the believer. You have now been exposed to that arrogance that tells us that that we alone know the truth and we alone have the answers. You have seen people who know absolutely nothing about you and your boyfriend condemn both of you because you dared to break the mould.
If this post is true, and if my contributions have contributed to the difficulty you now find yourself in, I apologise.
Certain things are better off dealt with in private. This is one of them. I suspect that you knew all along what you had to do. Now go do it in private. What you need is the strength to do what is right, without people using your situation as a proxy to fight their own battles.
Good luck, and may your god be with you.
Re: My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help by Dalby(m): 8:28pm On Apr 13, 2010
sweet9ja:

You must be a big fool not to marry this guy.

sweet9ja:

@poster this is your life, noone elses. if you truly love him then good for you. make a life with him. your family and friends ca bit/ch and moan all they want but in the end you are the one in the relationship not them. stand up on your own two feet and do waht you feel is right for you not what is right for everyone else. you comprimise now, you will end up doing it for the rest of your life.

@agathamari, I agree completely with you.

I cant believe this in 20 minutes undecided undecided undecided
Re: My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help by Krayola(m): 9:00pm On Apr 13, 2010
Chrisbenogor:

Make sure you dont forget that hot chili canadian source, the unicorn steak will be ready in about 100 years, see you there grin grin grin

haha. U bring the beer. wink
Re: My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help by GboyegaD(m): 9:46am On Apr 14, 2010
@Be who u r,
Re: My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. H
« #176 on: April 12, 2010, 05:03 PM »

Here i was sitting quietly in my office until my life was altered due to something silly my supposedly fiancee wrote exposing ourlives for no just cause and setting me up for christians who dont know me to insult me to the highest heavens. If she even spoke to me about this, i wont be this demoralized and shakey at work reading all these evil statements made by people calling me this things. Why would she go this far to do it. And your saying i shouldnt blame her. You all forget the 6 pages of insults that strangers from no where have been pouring on me and the people that know me reading this. How far this write up would go is something else. From all your advices she is getting married to a devil because i am not a christian, why should i just let her be in peace since that would stop all these slanderous statements and let me be. We have done so many things together as a couple and this issue of the christian or no christian thing has never cropped up until now on the internet. How would you feel if it were you that you just woke up one morning and found your life being the centre of the storm for no just cause. Do you guys forget things easily? Have you not gone through all the name calling and atheist bashing due to her story. Why should she do this and your telling me i should chill and am childish because she praised me. What sort of praise is that? If she truely loved me why should she lay me out bare for people to castigate me because of my views and these people dont even know me. What sort of advice is she looking for that we havent weathered together for 4 years and we are still going on. In fact what ever. Am done with this episode. Whatever. I will fulfill her wishes so that this castigations will end and i will be in peace. Because there is no way i can ever forgive her for this humilation and if we are even together back, this issue will now truely rise every now and then. It was never an issue to me but it will now be an issue to me. I will have to accept that religious discrimination is truely alive and i am an endangered specie because of my views. I was deluded it will work and was planning to make sure it works to prove people wrong. I accept i was betting on the wrong horse and for those insulting Labake, she has done more for me today that i could imagine. Showing me this website makes me appreciate her more. I could have continued living a false life with Sia and not knowing she had the capacity to stab me in front of strangers. Now i know better and who i can truely call my friends

I so much understand how you feel and I am advising that you take your time to cool down and never react based on what you read in these fewer minutes. It is what you have read that is making you react and you are not taking a wholistic view of what is happening. Sia wasn't really confused but only needed to hear more opinion. By her initial post, I can conclude she's made up her mind to marry you and her fears were just her friends and relatives which is African. As such, as an atheist, you should have prepared your mind for reactions from her folks because we are highly religious people which we all know. One thing I know is that your conclusion is being an atheist is based on some personal experiences in the past and I know one day, God can still change you even if you don't believe so. Salvation is by grace and not of works or our reasonings. God's own ways are different from ours and he is the only one who knows how best to reach us in his own time. The challenge of Christianity in dis part of our world is that we are highly religious and I guess that is why you are pissed off by our professions. However, I will suggest you take out your time and reason out how you came to being because I know we all know there is a supreme being / force that supersedes all human reasonings.

@ Jumie

The Plot has gotten thicker with the introduction of Be who u Are

I have followed this thread keenly and can't help but comment at this point.

@ Poster (Sia),

Wow! I must confess, this whole thing has boomeranged back at you!

When you knew you had already made up your mind about marrying the guy why come to a public forum like this to discuss the issue? I see that you are distraught about his decision to call it quits with you. I could detect from your posts that you were not in anyway confused but wanted justification for going ahead with the marriage.

If you truly were a Christian, you would have first sought the face of God privately to know if he truly is His choice for you before getting yourself immersed in his love for 4 years. You went ahead with the relationship knowing you will have problems with his religious beliefs only for you to come crying out at the end of it. Was it because of the material gains? I am not in anyway surprised at his decisions.

Sia, am so sorry, but you have shot yourself in the foot!!!

Sincerely, I sometimes wonder what is meant by seeking the face of God in this regards. I have examples of people who claimed God spoke to them and all sorts but sincerely, their marriages are worse off than those who never claimed God chose for them. I know one thing certainly is that we all must be ready to make sacrifices before our marriages can work. Moreso, being the hypocrites we are in most cases, we need not keep lying on God over issues. Most times you discover that even amongst brethrens, we fornicate and just because we do it wisely by ensuring we are protected we abuse those who through their mistakes or ignorance get hooked by their actions. To worsen our situation, we are always too proud to restitute our ways when we fall and rather we all keep claiming God understands.

@ OP Sia,

I will suggest you give him sometime to get over it because I know it really pained him because of his views that he was being labeled an anti-christ. I will suggest you forgive Labake and let go what she has done. It is of no use saying you will sort her out because it won't really help your case here. She has done her worst and thank God because it has only shown you the kind of friend she is. In conclusion, I am of the opinion that "All things work together for good for them who love God and are called according to his purpose". Keep an open mind on what is currently on going and permit me to give you this simple prayer point that "God if he is not your will for me, no matter what anybody tries to make it work, it shouldn't work" and moreso, keep praying that God should reveal himself to your fiance. This is not because of your marriage but because you know his soul is precious to God.

I wish you the very best of God in life.

Regards,
Re: My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help by macdaddy: 11:21am On Apr 14, 2010
Really i dont know what advice to give again. all had been said.
To sia fuller,you know what you want go for it.
Re: My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help by makmabel: 1:53pm On Apr 14, 2010
I can see that you are realy going through the hard pain of love.
mine is that you need to pray fervently if truly you are born again i mean THE REAL BORN AGAIN. there is nothing imposible for God. [b][/b]just think with every sensible part of your body not only with your head this time before you make a move. i wish best of luck smiley
Re: My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help by Striker1(m): 2:46pm On Apr 14, 2010
HAHAHA THIS IS SOME AFRICA MAGIC SHIIT RIGHT HERE, COMPLETE WITH ALL THE TEARS AND WAHALA !

U MORONS THAT KEEP HATING ON THE BOYFRIEND because HE AINT A CHRISTIAN, I WONDER WHT IT IS your ADVERTISIN, COS your MEANT TO BE AMBASSADORS OF CHRISTIANITY !

THE LABAKE CHIC IS A BIIITCH - PERIOD !

THE BOYFRIEND DUDE, ALTHOUGH HE IS MAD (UNDERSTANDABLY), HE OUGHT TO HAV THOUGHT REAL HARD B4 EVEN COMMENTIN ON HERE, I DONT EVEN THINK HE SHOULD HAV COME ON HERE TO SAY ANYTHING ! (MY OPINION)

THIS SIA FULLER CHIC, I FEEL BAD FOR U OH, BUT TIME HEALS EVERYTHING, JUST KEEP TRYING TO REACH OUT TO your FELLA, AND PLSS STOP PUTTIN ANYMORE poo OUT HERE ! COS U KNW NAIRALANDERS WILL ONLY JUMP ON U AGAIN AND TEAR U AND your FELLA TO PIECES, !

BUT FOR SOME REAL DRAMA, U CAN BEG HIM RIGHT HERE ON NAIRALAND, COS LET'S FACE IT, NAIRALAND STARTED IT, SO NAIRALAND SHOULD BE ABLE TO END IT !

AND FOR ALL U HYPOCRITES OUT THERE TALKING FOOLISHNESS IN THE NAME OF RELIGION, I GOT ONE WORD FOR U - LOVE !

ALL WE NEED IS LOVE !!!!!, HE COULD BE BLACK , GREEN, YELLOW, MUSLIM., BUDDHIST, SHOE WORSHIPPER, HE COULD BE ANYTHING FOR ALL I CARE, BUT ALL DAT REALLY MATTERS IS LOVE !, SELFLESS LOVE !, LOVE LOVE LOVE !!! I CANT SAY IT ENUF !!, IT'S THE ESSENCE OF CHRISTIANITY OR ANY RELIGION FOR THAT MATTER !!!! UNCONDITIONAL LOVE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAVE YOU GOT IT ?

ONE LOVE LADIES AND GENTLEMEN !!!

P.S WHY DOES NAIRALAND KEEP CHANGIN MY PROFANITIES TO EVEN WEIRDER WORDS ?!!!, E.G, LIKE '4UCCK' BECOMES 'DESPOIL' OR 'BLEEP' HAHAHAHA WHO DOES THAT ?!!!
Re: My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help by Zodiac61(m): 4:00pm On Apr 14, 2010
mak mabel:

I can see that you are realy going through the hard pain of love.
mine is that you need to pray fervently if truly you are born again i mean THE REAL BORN AGAIN. there is nothing imposible for God. [b][/b]just think with every sensible part of your body not only with your head this time before you make a move. i wish best of luck  smiley
How do you identify a real born again as opposed to an ordinary born again? Secondly, seeing that there is nothing impossible for god, will he cure my diabetes? Thirdly, What sensible parts of the body should the poster think with before she makes a move?
HELP, I am confused

PS - I do not want anyone telling me that god decides which prayers to answer and that you have to pray with faith, as that is not what Jesus said.
Re: My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help by tayore: 4:30pm On Apr 14, 2010
Sia Fuller, Id rather talk to you one on one. If you don't mind, please contact me on: eddymyluv@googlemail.com
Re: My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help by wirinet(m): 6:18pm On Apr 14, 2010
davidylan:

the signs were there all along. your bf has a serious aversion to anything christianity.

Davidylan, at times you are so annoying and insensitive that it is a wonder you advertise yourself as a christian. If you are an example of a christian, i thank god i am not one. You see a lady going through an emotional turmoil and all that blinds you is your morbid hatred for atheist. I think you might make it as a suicide bomber against atheists.

@ Sia fuller,

I blame you greatly for the predicament you are passing through now, you should not have brought such important personal matter to an internet forum like this, because as you have painfully found out, you cannot control the outcome of things. The best you should have done once you made the mistake of posting was to at least moderate the forum so as to protect your loved one from insults and abuses. Me for one cannot take insults.

If religion was an issue bothering you, you should have had a heart to heart with your man. And if it is your Parents that is the problem, you should have talked to your mother or close aunties to take care of the family aspect. Although i do not understand the stance of your family, since you have been together for 4 years and he had help them a lot in taking care of some of their responsibilities. If it your pastor that is the problem, you should have ignored them, a lot of pastors have been responsible for lots of broken relationships and marriages, most times either the pastor or someone close to the pastor has vested interest in ending the relationship, especially when the church member is a promising young fine lady or gentleman, while the other party is from another church denomination or religion.

Sia Fuller:

I am a bit disappointed by what i highlighted above. You mean to say that you did not know what made him to be so upset? So you claim ignorance of the emotional trauma of what your post has caused someone you claim to love. Even your Bible which you claim to believe says you must admit your mistakes and then ask to be forgiven. If it was me that is made to endure so much insult and ridicule by strangers on very personal emotional issue, i honestly do not know i will react.

If you really love him, then you have to make up your mind if you really want to marry him ( i am almost certain your pastor has a candidate for you). If the answer is yes, then you have t fight to have him back. You will have to ask you mother or a prominent aunty for assistance. If you guys are to get married, then you will need to practice some conflict resolution. If you enlist your mother or a prominent aunt to follow you to his house, at least he will grant you audience, to allow you mend things.
Re: My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help by Nobody: 6:45pm On Apr 14, 2010
wirinet:

Davidylan, at times you are so annoying and insensitive that it is a wonder you advertise yourself as a christian. If you are an example of a christian, i thank god i am not one. You see a lady going through an emotional turmoil and all that blinds you is your morbid hatred for atheist. I think you might make it as a suicide bomber against atheists.

wirinet, i'm sorry but this is extreme and blind stu.pidity from you. you talked about "morbid hatred" for the atheist . . . where did you observe that in this line?

I based that claim on sia fuller's own comments and that is a FACT. He gets unecessarily angry and agitated whenever she makes the mistake of bringing up a christian discussion . . . an attitude he does not display towards anything else.

So WHERE did you find the "morbid hatred" against the atheist there?

Seriously many of you have a severe psychological problem bothering on your own spiritual confusion. Trying to blame that on everyone else who has a different opinion of you is a FARCE.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Have You Ever "Fallen Under The Anointing?" How Did It Feel? / Liberian Pastor Polishes His Wife's Nails (Photos) / What Does The Bible Say About Tattoos / Body Piercings?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.