Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,273 members, 7,836,228 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help (26572 Views)

Abroad Must Favour My Family (hilarious Photo) / Sermon That Touches The Heart: The Day My Boyfriend And I Went To Church / How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help by Nobody: 12:36am On Apr 16, 2010
nopuqeater:

@Toba: First, a 30 year old Muslim woman will not be shacking up with a disbeliever in God's existence boyfriend and she unashamedly be telling the whole CYBER world about it. There is something call hiding what is shameful in Islam, and shame is something that people should have. Tell me how she has done that here

It is not all dirty laundry that you have to dry by the sun heat, in the open courtyard for all to see. Every african culture knows that. And what is good in any culture is not always against Islam, rather it agrees with Islam, having a place under the Big tent of islam. Remember the operating word here is "Goodliness".

More Importantly, she will not be going about with 3 gods, instead of One Complete Incomparable Lord God the Almighty Creator. If I were old enough to marry a thirty year old woman (sorry sister), I will be trying to save her from the "throwing out" of what the live in boyfriend has put forward. Women are emotional and you dont know how needy she is now. Reality of Islam is far better than lies of Christianity.

Sure, we know that Islam treats its women with very high regard

Tabari IX:113  "Allah permits you to shut them in separate rooms and to beat them, but not severely. If they abstain, they have the right to food and clothing. Treat women well for they are like domestic animals and they possess nothing themselves. Allah has made the enjoyment of their bodies lawful in his Qur'an."

Bukhari:V3B48N826  "The Prophet said, 'Isn't the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?' The women said, 'Yes.' He said, 'This is because of the deficiency of a woman's mind.'"

Ishaq:584 "Tell the men with you who have wives: never trust a woman."

Ishaq:185 "In hell I saw women hanging by their bosoms. They had fathered bastards."

Muslim:B1N142  "'O womenfolk, you should ask for forgiveness for I saw you in bulk amongst the dwellers of Hell.' A wise lady said: Why is it, Allah's Apostle, that women comprise the bulk of the inhabitants of Hell? The Prophet observed: 'You curse too much and are ungrateful to your spouses. You lack common sense, fail in religion and rob the wisdom of the wise.' Upon this the woman remarked: What is wrong with our common sense? The Prophet replied, 'Your lack of common sense can be determined from the fact that the evidence of two women is equal to one man. That is a proof.'"
Re: My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help by bayor48(m): 8:12am On Apr 16, 2010
I'm new,and regular reader of nairaland.i'm bayo badmus.without wasting time,i will let 2 hit d nail on d head.my sister,it's good 2 fall in love when you have someone lovely 2 love,not only that,someone acceptable by family friends ad relative, not 4 2day bt 4 future occurences,i think u understand what i mean.men are tricky,whn they get what they are lookin for,they become a monster.ad i wont like u 2 fall a victim(once beaten twice shy).if truly he is kind,honest,lovely ad caring as u said,then u shld find a way 2 confused him dat there is life after death.and d only way he can be on d right part of d lord is by acepting one of d two religion(christainity/muslem)bt if he refuse ad both of u wed,your children wil end up following their father part.ad let me remind u.do u know what it takes 4 a parent 2 DISOWNED a child.pls my sister think abt this,marriage is nt something u rush into.let keep the fact that by sept u wil be 30.GOD TIME IS THE BEST, i'm out.
Re: My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help by Nobody: 12:26pm On Apr 16, 2010
Wirinet stop being senseless with your posts, you blame her for what? infact i blame her so called foolish fiance, (yes i called him foolish, bite me) for acting like some immature tout and coming here to spew rubbish, why is he taking this way too seriously, he simply dislikes xtianity, if worse cases have happened and he didnt take offence, why is he taking on this one?

You simply irritate me, yes your really do wirinet, a gurl hid her identity came here and described her lover as perfect, and then the lover came on here like a nagging woman even when he should be acting like a man, and exposed the girls name and life story, he is such a big joke and should be ashamed of himself

You claimed you r married, your wife's gf comes to you and tells you that your wife is saying shi.t abt u on the net, and then all you did even after reading how she praised you is get angry and appreciate the silly friend even when you should trust your wife n see that gf of hers as a wicked one

This dude wouldnt be dis pissed if the whole non christians on this earth came down on him, why is he angry because the christians are involved in this matter, what a shame and disgrace he is

If all men were like you(sias lover) i'd rather remain single for the rest of my life, common you've had your eyes on labake go for her now, you two losers deserve each other, bloody hell

good riddance to bad yeye
Re: My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help by Dalby(m): 12:49pm On Apr 16, 2010
nopuqeater:

This is the reason I simply pore out my heart to the christian woman, to ditch Christianity and work hard to bring herself and her lover, a matter of the heart to Islam. Unlik you, a hypocrite, I speak my mind and dont hide my thoght.

Equality in both sexes in Islam is only restricted to faith in Islam

[Sura 2:282] O you who believe, when you transact a loan for any period, , Two men shall serve as witnesses; if not two men, then a man and two women whose testimony is acceptable to all. Thus, ,
One man equivalent to 2 women

[Sura 4:11] GOD decrees a will for the benefit of your children; the male gets twice the share of the female*,
the male gets twice the share of the female

[Sura 5:6] O you who believe, when you observe the Contact Prayers (Salat), you shall: (1) wash your faces, (2) wash your arms to the elbows, (3) wipe your heads, and (4) wash your feet to the ankles. If you were unclean due to sexual orgasm, you shall bathe. If you are ill, or traveling, or had any digestive excretion (urinary, fecal, or gas), or had (sexual) contact with the women, and you cannot find water, you shall observe the dry ablution (Tayammum) by touching clean dry soil, then rubbing your faces and hands. GOD does not wish to make the religion difficult for you; He wishes to cleanse you and to perfect His blessing upon you, that you may be appreciative.
Women a pollutant

[Sura 45:51 - 57]
51. As to the Righteous (they will be) in a position of Security,
52. Among Gardens and Springs;
53. Dressed in fine silk and in rich brocade, they will face each other;
54. So;
and We shall Join them to Companions with beautiful, big, and lustrous eyes.
55. There can they call for every kind of fruit in peace and security;
56. Nor will they there taste Death, except the first Death; and He will preserve them from the
Penalty of the Blazing Fire
57. As a Bounty from thy Lord!

Conclusively I guess that refers to the righteous men. if I may ask, what in Islam will be the reward for a faithful woman? undecided undecided undecided

nopuqeater:

Contrary to what they project, internally, in their hearts, atheists behave like humans. The boyfriend cant hide his Nigerian cultural underpinnings; as a man, head of the future household disregarding all the "house playing that is still going on", he is "predicting the future discourses of verbal disagreement, bringing up the issue, over and over, again". This guy is killing their relationship before it becomes a reality, my reason for inviting the two of you to Islam, where you will find "wholesale forgiveness" and a perfect example of man/woman relationship since the Prophet was married and marriage is commanded on man and woman.
What a pair.

I dont get this, are they not humans, why the bahave "like human beings" angry angry angry

To help rephrase your other coment above, and a perfect example of man/4 x woman relationship since the Prophet was married and marriage is commanded on man and woman.
What a pair pentagon Sura 4:3.

nopuqeater:

@Toba: First, a 30 year old Muslim woman will not be shacking up with a disbeliever in God's existence boyfriend and she unashamedly be telling the whole CYBER world about it. There is something call hiding what is shameful in Islam, and shame is something that people should have. Tell me how she has done that here

If you keep hiding it how can you be corrected wink wink wink

nopuqeater:

and the boyfriend will not for the most part be happy about it, if his 30 years old woman folk is living with a man who is not her husband. Remember there is no commitment. Common law relationship means nothing to nigerian courts. I know I will be pretty upset if a female in my bloodline is living with a man, boyfriend she is not married to.

Please I missed the part that said these people were living together
Why do we always like to jump the gun undecided undecided undecided
Re: My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help by wirinet(m): 1:05pm On Apr 16, 2010
jennykadry:

Wirinet stop being senseless with your posts, you blame her for what? infact i blame her so called foolish fiance, (yes i called him foolish, bite me) for acting like some immature tout and coming here to spew rubbish, why is he taking this way too seriously, he simply dislikes xtianity, if worse cases have happened and he didnt take offence, why is he taking on this one?

You simply irritate me, yes your really do wirinet, a gurl hid her identity came here and described her lover as perfect, and then the lover came on here like a nagging woman even when he should be acting like a man, and exposed the girls name and life story, he is such a big joke and should be ashamed of himself

You claimed you r married, your wife's gf comes to you and tells you that your wife is saying shi.t abt u on the net, and then all you did even after reading how she praised you is get angry and appreciate the silly friend even when you should trust your wife n see that gf of hers as a wicked one

This dude wouldnt be dis pissed if the whole non christians on this earth came down on him, why is he angry because the christians are involved in this matter, what a shame and disgrace he is

If all men were like you(sias lover) i'd rather remain single for the rest of my life, common you've had your eyes on labake go for her now, you two losers deserve each other, bloody hell

good riddance to bad yeye

jennykadry, it is either you are truly 5 minutes from Yaba left or you are too young to understand the facts of life.

If you noticed, there is a marked difference between the physiological, psychological and emotional make up of a man and a woman. What might be very important to a woman might be trivial to a man and vice - versa. For example while i do not care much for ceremonies and celebrations and have a hard time remembering important dates. To my wife, birthdays, anniversaries, celebrations are very important. I had to beg for one week for forgetting our last wedding anniversary due to some stress i was passing through then.

Now spewing your love live on the internet might not mean much to you, it means a whole lot to most guys. The guy is probably getting innovative on how he is going to propose to his girlfriend, most probably me had not told any soul yet, and Bam, the story is all over the internet. That alone can make any man an emotional wreck.

What we are talking here is Marriage, our sister should have first had a real heart to heart talk privately with her man, before informing any other person of her concerns. And if they cannot reach a common ground, they should have parted ways quietly. But if they were able to reach a common ground, or have very little points of conflict, then they should have involved both families. That is how things are supposed to be done.

Besides, what kinds of advise does she expect from anonymous internet users, most of whom have an axe to grind with other on religious grounds.

If my wife should attempt such a stunt, i will call a family meeting and print out all 11 pages of the thread and give it to her parents ( i will probably hide it from my parents, because they would definitely over react). But i will issue here a stern warning never to wash our dirty coal pot in the open internet.

My sister, when you eventually get married or are about to marry, never attempt such a stunt.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help by DeepSight(m): 1:23pm On Apr 16, 2010
But i will issue here a stern warning never to wash our dirty coal pot in the open internet.

Does it not count that it was anonymous?

Seemed like it was the guy who came and spilled their identities.
Re: My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help by Dalby(m): 1:39pm On Apr 16, 2010
wirinet:

jennykadry, it is either you are truly 5 minutes from Yaba left or you are too young to understand the facts of life.

If you noticed, there is a marked difference between the physiological, psychological and emotional man and woman. What might be very important to a woman might be trivial to a man and vice - versa. For example while i do not care much for ceremonies and celebrations and have a hard time remembering important dates. To my wife, birthdays, anniversaries, celebrations are very important. I had to beg for one week for forgetting our last wedding anniversary due to some stress i was passing through then.

Now spewing your love live on the internet might not mean much to you, it means a whole lot to most guys. The guy is probably getting innovative on how he is going to propose to his girlfriend, most probably me had not told any soul yet, and Bam, the story is all over the internet. That alone can make any man an emotional wreck.

What we are talking here is Marriage, our sister should have first had a real heart to heart talk privately with her man, before informing any other person of her concerns. And if they cannot reach a common ground, they should have parted ways quietly. But if they were able to reach a common ground, or have very little points of conflict, then they should have involved both families. That is how things are supposed to be done.

Besides, what kinds of advise does she expect from anonymous internet users, most of whom have an ax to grind with other on religious grounds.

[b]If my wife should attempt such a stunt, i will call a family meeting and print out all 11 pages of the thread and give it to her parents ( i will probably hide it from my parents, because they would definitely over react). [/b]But i will issue here a stern warning never to wash our dirty coal pot in the open internet.

My sister, when you eventually get married or are about to marry, never attempt such a stunt.    

I could not agree more, but the highligted comments certainly took the wind of the sail grin grin grin
Re: My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help by Dalby(m): 1:55pm On Apr 16, 2010
Deep Sight:

Even with the identities revealed, I still do not know these folks undecided undecided undecided

Labake knew it was her from the nick name used and sent it to him. Consequently other friends of their already knew who they were cry cry cry See below

Be who u r=topic=428658.:

I dont believe this Fantasia. I dont believe this. When labake told me this morning that you went to a public forum to diss me, i didnt want to believe it because i was so sure you wont do anything this incomprehendable. She sent me the link to this site and i couldn't picture it had anything to do with me until i saw the nick name you used and the issue of the surgery before i knew it was truely you. After all we have been through and the promises we made not to involve third parties in what we do or say, you still went online to bring our whole lives to the world and to make matters worse for no reason i have been called unprintable names from being a devil to an antichrist to an occultist and that i would destroy your future and so forth and on.
Re: My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help by wirinet(m): 2:12pm On Apr 16, 2010
Deep Sight:

The minute one of their mutual friends told Labeke about it, then labeke told our guy Funaya about it, and funaya had been getting calls from friends and family, Fantasia and her family has heard bout it. It is no longer anonymous

Deep Sight:

The guy must be in a state of shock, after all they spoke the night before and our sister did not give a clue on what is in her mind.
Re: My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help by ferhyntorlah(f): 3:50pm On Apr 16, 2010
My GOD! Dis is Super Story in d making. as 4 me, I 1t 2 knw d concludg part of it.
Sia Fuller n B wHo u ar, abeg settl wateva discod btw u 2.
@b who u ar, ur gf ddnt "DISS" u bt praisd u. Pls 4giv ha. Dou, it wont b easy bt pls do. Evn if u 2 wont b 2geda agn, jst pardn ha.
@Sia Fuller, try as much as possibl 2 beg ur bf.
@Labake, ar u satisfd wit wat uv dn?

PS: cn we pls stp dis relign arguemnt?
Re: My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help by ferhyntorlah(f): 3:51pm On Apr 16, 2010
My GOD! Dis is Super Story in d making. as 4 me, I 1t 2 knw d concludg part of it.
Sia Fuller n B wHo u ar, abeg settl wateva discod btw u 2.
@b who u ar, ur gf ddnt "DISS" u bt praisd u. Pls 4giv ha. Dou, it wont b easy bt pls do. Evn if u 2 wont b 2geda agn, jst pardn ha.
@Sia Fuller, try as much as possibl 2 beg ur bf.
@Labake, ar u satisfd wit wat uv dn?

PS: cn we pls stp dis relign arguemnt?
Re: My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help by dupsytosh(f): 5:09pm On Apr 16, 2010
Be who u r:

You tend to forget what brought us together and how your ex pastor boyfriend messed you up so much but i kept faith with you and
stood by your side and this is how you pay me back by allowing people who dont know me or what i have done for you to abuse me.

Be who u r:

Her ex pastor boyfriend used to beat her and later apologize for beating her. He beat her up so bad that she was hospitalized and since
she was friend earlier, i had to make sure i sorted the bills and confronted the pastor if he comes close to her i will personally murder him.
She was in the Hospital for weeks and from then onwards we got to know each other better and i promised never to be someone like that pastor in
deeds, thats why she even said that part of me saying i will never beat her and she should stab me if i ever tried something like that.

Be who u r:

And your saying i shouldnt blame her. You all forget the 6 pages of insults that strangers from no where have been pouring on me and the people
that know me reading this. How far this write up would go is something else.

since u are so sure of wat u beliv in, y shuld wat sm faceless ppl say bother u.it wuldnt av gone 2 far if u had nt come here mentioning names,
dat was very immature of u nd uncalled 4. nd den u culdnt wait 2 spil ur gut abt all u claimed u av done 4 her.nw who is washing d dirty linens
in d public.her love 4 u must av made her over-exaggerate hw perfect u are. all d girl did was ask 4 advise b4 she takes a very big decision.
dont u know dat marrying u will make her n outcast in her family? do u think datz an easy step 2 take? her parents av bin there 4 herlonger dan
u've bin, despite evrytn u claim 2 av done 4 her. tk it or leave it u can change anytm, cos humans change, atheist or no atheist, so who wuld
she run 2 if she has ostricized herself 4rm evry1 dat cares abt her all because of u.u r acting in complete contrast to wat she claims u r or is dis
d real u ? pls try nd think rationally if u r half d man she claims u r.
Re: My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help by dupsytosh(f): 5:18pm On Apr 16, 2010
Be who u r:

I dont believe this Fantasia. I dont believe this. When labake told me this morning that you went to a public forum to diss me, i didnt
want to believe it because i was so sure you wont do anything this incomprehendable. She sent me the link to this site and i couldn't picture it
had anything to do with me until i saw the nick name you used and the issue of the surgery before i knew it was truely you.

Where exactly in her posts did she diss u as ur olofofo friend claimed, wat kind of person is dat, she does sound malicious. she must av said
smtn dat made u angry nd clouded ur reasoning even b4 u read d post.

Be who u r:

Showing me this website makes me appreciate her more. I could have continued living a false life with Sia and not knowing she had the capacity
to stab me in front of strangers. Now i know better and who i can truely call my friends
so u've been appreciatin her b4 shocked lipsrsealed , , bin wondering wat her motive was. undecided
I hope u really know who ur friends are
Re: My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help by Synthase(m): 7:37pm On Apr 16, 2010
Hmm and the saga continues. Mr perfect appears to be FANTASIAing about labake or is it the otherway round? grin tongue
Re: My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help by ferhyntorlah(f): 10:26pm On Apr 16, 2010
@dupsy_tosh, I agre 100% wit your comets. D gf nvr dissd or abused him rada d opposit. Lik u said, humans cn chnge, atheists or nt. Luk at d comets he wrot; to me, it's so clear his CCC-Cul Calm Collctd naturE fadd away when he rot he WOULD "NEVER, EVER" 4Giv hr.
haaaahaa!, dat's BAD! It's nt as if she did an abominabl tinz.
Funaya or is it Ifunaya, 2 me wat u did was childish. U ddnt fink b4 jumpg 2 put down wat was on ur mind. Dat girl, Labake aint a TRUE friend! Tak it or leav it.
Re: My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help by Dalby(m): 10:39pm On Apr 16, 2010
dupsy_tosh:

since u are so sure of wat u beliv in, y shuld wat sm faceless ppl say bother u.it wuldnt av gone 2 far if u had nt come here mentioning names,
dat was very immature of u nd uncalled 4. nd den u culdnt wait 2 spil your gut abt all u claimed u av done 4 her.nw who is washing d dirty linens
in d public.her love 4 u must av made her over-exaggerate hw perfect u are. all d girl did was ask 4 advise b4 she takes a very big decision.
dont u know dat marrying u will make her n outcast in her family? do u think datz an easy step 2 take? her parents av bin there 4 herlonger dan
u've bin, despite evrytn u claim 2 av done 4 her. tk it or leave it u can change anytm, cos humans change, atheist or no atheist, so who wuld
she run 2 if she has ostricized herself 4rm evry1 dat cares abt her all because of u.u r acting in complete contrast to wat she claims u r or is dis
d real u ? pls try nd think rationally if u r half d man she claims u r.

Now its the guys fault undecided undecided undecided They have been dating for 4 years, he has been taking care of some of her and her family needs as an atheist(she did not need help to decide whether to accept his money / assistance) no problem (even when she knew from the first year that it was leading to marriage) she kept mute. 2 days ago he made a feeble attempt at proposing now she needed help to decide shocked shocked shocked
It must definitely be the guys fault after all she were just fine before he came along, with her pastor boyfriend lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help by Bewhour: 12:43am On Apr 17, 2010
I have read through most of the insults and bad words aimed and directed at me and my person because of sia's post. A lot of people have criticized me for calling out names and attacking sia's post and taking it personal. Well i am not used to this website and since it was sia's way of communicating to the whole world what we specially shared then, i had to reply and maybe some saw sense in it, others saw it fit to insult me continously. Well i am here to set the record straight and it will be the final time i would do so. I have studied how this website works and it thrives on insults and discriminations, so i think its best to follow that path to be in line with what the website promotes, teaches and encourages new followers to follow.

1. Being an Athiest means i dont believe in any kind of god what so ever whether it be osiris, zeus, zapata, sango, allah, jesus, buddah or the sungod. I believe it is a concept invented by man to create hope for a better world tomorrow and for people to look forward to a better life after this horrid world. People will always believe in a god no matter what because it is a trait of man. Man has always evolved with so many gods over the years and will continue to do so as along as this planet exists. In some thousand years time, who knows whether jesus, allah, buddah etc will cease to exist and a new god will arise to give hope to mankind. That has always been the history of man and i would be vindicated over and over again to show man's cling to anything that will give ever lasting life. So it is not necesarily a christian thing as most people here have assumed and castigated me for being an anti christ or bad influence to sia and she knows where i stand and i have always stood on that principle and not because i hate christans. Too many evil words have been targetted at me especially by christians in this website and i am more than convinced everytime i read through the replies by christians here that they are the most intolerant of all the religions and extremely fundamentalist in their approach against non christians. I was expecting the muslims or traditional worshippers to also toe the path of the radical bible thumpers here on this site but i have been impressed at their response. I also admit that there have been some very intelligent Christians that have criticized my atheism but at the same time found time to be extremely objective, I appreciate your criticism and i look forward to exchanging more healthy debates so that i can learn more of the different faiths. As for the radical fundamentalist christians, it only shows why every day i look at christianity and know that even if there was a jesus christ that preached about tolerance, his followers are nothing but a bunch of intolerant and discriminatory lot. One of them called davidan even went as far as saying the bible said you shouldnt judge but to warn and admonish! What gives you the right to admonish a fellow human being because of his religion? Before you know it your admonishing his race, his kind of church, his kind of doctrine etc. Thats cruel and wickedness in its highest form and if such a god encourages its followers to be this intolerant and discriminatory towards fellow humans because they dont believe or worship thier god, then such a god must be the pettiest, self seeking, narcassistic god ever to crawl into the figment of man's imagination and i have nothing to do with such a god or its errant follwers who preach love to the whole world and preach intolerance behind their ass and its one of the things that made me break up with sia. I can accomodate any criticism what so ever from christians in respect of my athiesm but i have never seen a barage of christians come together to exhibit their shallowness and intolerance because i dont believe in their god. I looked at it this way that if we had a quarrel in future, she would invite the whole church or come online to report me and they will repeat exactly this kind of attitude and terrible words to me in future. Why wait to see such abuse in future when she has given me a preview of what to expect in future? undecided
Re: My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help by Bewhour: 1:04am On Apr 17, 2010
2. Why do christians believe they have the monopoly to criticize and abuse people anyhow. What sia didnt mention is that i engage in more debates and banters with Muslims more about the errancy of the koran and its prophets. I have a neighbour that on a weekly basis we talk about atheism and islam and while i denounce islam so much he is always pounding me as an atheists but we have been living in harmony for the past 2 years and i cherish him as a good friend and neighbour. We only disagree to agree on religious issues but when we are done pounding each other i respect him as a man and human and he does like wise. Why then shoudl sia come online and make it look as if i hate christanity so much?

Did she not tell you that i drive her to church almost thrice a week to attend her virgils or weekly service? I have been dong that for almost 4 years without complain because i see its important to her and she loves her christianity. As a future husband i realised the need to give my fiancee her freedom of worship, help her to grow in what ever she religiously holds onto and try and balance our love life with our religious lives. Why then am i seeing all sorts of wicked stuffs that i would spoil her, destroy her spirituality, lead her to doom, christians should not live with godless people, i am evil, an anti christ. . . blah blah! Why did she not tell you when ever she comes to my house, once a month she uses my place for her cell fellowship bible study and for the past 2 years or so, i make sure i provide all the refreshment for her church members and give them access to everything. Sometimes i might be in my private study working so that they have all the time to their selves or sometimes i give them the whole place to themselves and it has never disturbed me for one bit. It was after i read all these wicked comments that i knew i was wasting my time. I will always be seen as a devil no matter how tolerant i am to her christianity. I will always be the anti christ as long as she has these type of christians supporting her. I have never for once invited her to an athiest meeting or engage in an athiest wooing contest with her. I keep my athiesm to my self and allow her bander around her christianity. Why then should we not discuss our fears in private but come online to start telling every one this sh***t?

Finally, why didnt Sia tell the whole world that the reason i hate her pastor till tomorrow is because its the same pastor she was dating years back before we started dating that beat her pulp black and hospitalized her for a month and then she was just a university friend and neighbour and i felt i owed her that duty to be by her side cos i have always liked her and small by small i ended up paying her hospital fees and promised to do more. I walked to the pastors house after her surgery and promised to murder him if he ever laid his hands on sia again and warned him to steer clear off her. I read one slowpoke here, take that particular statement out of context to make me look like a murder. Yes i said i would murder him because no man worth his salt be he muslim or christian or mormon should lay a finger on a woman no matter how provoked he is and i went to man up to that errant slowpoke called her pastor and told him my mind. Since then, according to her, the church forgave him cos he repented and warned him not to do that again and demoted him at first but later promoted him because to them they saw he had repented and had been very active to show his remorse. I didnt buy that crap then and will never buy that tomorrow. Anybody who beats a woman under the guise of religion is a world class idiot and will continue to be an idiot. He hates me cos i took his girl from him and i hate him cos he brutally brutalised my girl. Its that simple and thats why anytime sia comes back home and talks about anything concerning the pastor or anything christian wise from him, i get angry. So pleas wait for the other person's comment before you call me an anti christ. I hope that David fella is readin this because he seems to be the leader of the bible thumping christians instigating others to insult me because i am an athiest.

Sia if your reading this, please deny anything i have written so far and let your god and conscience judge you
Re: My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help by bluespice(f): 1:15am On Apr 17, 2010
i honestly think sia and be who u are need to get off this place and solve their issues.
Be who you are, i appreciate your getting mad at the (quite frankly unnecessarily rude and sometimes downright stupeed) comments on here but you can't blame her for the comments. Granted she come on here asking for advice, but you cant fault her that the advice didn't favour you.
Sia, take your man and you guys should go talk this thing out - i mean its out in the open that his faith or lack thereof is a problem for you so you both might as well iron out this issue.
Re: My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help by Bewhour: 1:26am On Apr 17, 2010
Finally in respect of assisting Sia, i believe its every man's duty to assist his partner no matter what and her family if he can afford it. Am a young man and i am doing well in my own business but it could be better. The little i have goes to supporting me and sia because we are suppose to share everything but i read somewhere some accusing me of occultism and how i make my money because i could be so devilish and occultic and its not christlike marrying an evil demon like me. Well, let me see. This demon bought Sia a car when i had no car but was hopping bike around lagos. Sia could not move around after her surgery and i saved money to get her a car. It was a small picanto but it was something to help her move around for a while before she changed her car. I didnt have a car for a year or so because biz was slow but that wasnt a priority. Sia was my priority. Kelechi her brother was my best friend and i made sure everything he needed in school and his present NYSC runs went smoothly. Her mother dislikes the fact i am an atheists but she has never for once insulted me or said i shouldnot date sia. She just says i should change and find god anytime she sees me and i always oblidge to respect her wishes but i never for once had any serious quanta with her. Sia's dad is a military man and has always been military like in his approach and we dont get along too well because of that and i give him his space and he gives me mine. Why then will sia come online and say her family hates me? Why tell the whole world that when it isnt true. All her family ought to have said way back was for me to leave Sia alone cos i would be a bad influence and i walk away. Its not hard and doesn t require all this insults from people here. I agree they are strong christians but i have never had problems with them the way Sia is saying it and if her parents did say stuffs like that privately, why didnt she come out to tell me privately and we sort it out privately? undecided

We have been together for 4 yrs plus and she can testify that i have never quarreled with her before over anything. No matter how angry i get, i walk away and i laugh it over because we always shared all our problems together and we had our code to all ways do that forever no matter how hurt we were and how disturbed an issue we have? Why then come to the internet and lay our problems to the whole world. Well if she was looking for support, she got it and i am happy i now know what her friends and ilk think, so there is no point moving it further. I can't go through this kind of atheist bashing and discrimination tomorrow because i am not a xtian. Its just unacceptable to me and i know such issues will always crop up. I will never be seen as a positive influence in her life in respect of anything outside religion. Sia didnt tell the whole world that i said i want my kids to be baptised and she should influence their religions mind at the early stages but when they grow older, i would rather teach them free will. Do you think am insensitive not to know the role religion, marriage and kids play? Anyway, you have done your worst and i have learnt from it and it will guide me in my future relationship with other people. I have chosen to break up with Sia because she broke our cardinal rule of privacy, exposed me to these catalogue of insults from bible thumpers who have potrayed me as the main anti christ and disrespected me that her family hates me. I dont want any of this, thats why i am communicating to you sia through this medium finally. I dont want anything to do with you anymore. As your friends on this website say, you will be better off without me and it could be good for your spiritual health and being. I 100% support them. Seek for your next boyfriend first as a christian before anything else. Dont look beyond that. Thats what your online new friends have encouraged you to do and i wish you the best of luck. I will leave the key with musa this week, you can come in to take your stuffs. I really dont want any confrontation with you or your people anymore. You win finally
Re: My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help by Bewhour: 1:34am On Apr 17, 2010
One more thing Sia please leave Labake alone. She has been more of a friend to me than you imagine. You might hate her for telling me, but you forgot to tell the whole world that you first discussed this thing with Labake privately and she advised you to not ask other people and believe in me. She said she warned you about this website that insults people continously without thinking and you still went ahead to test the waters. What where you expecting? I appreciate heR more as a very good friend and seek her wise counsel these days. Stop harrassing her and coming to this website to pull her into a fight. We both dont need you in our lives anymore. Go and seek solace in your online xtian brothers while we appreciate our friendship more. I am done. Stop buzzing me or texting me please. I dont want anymore problems or insults. We used to be closer than 5 & 6 but now i have realised and being bluntly told that we are like oil and water. We dont just mix and shouldnt mix. Am the evil one like your peeps say and you need to stay clear off me. I am doing you a massive favour. Let me spread my devilsh anti christ evil nature to people who would appreciate me as a person and human and not who i worship! What a waste of 4 bloody years! undecided
Re: My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help by bluespice(f): 1:51am On Apr 17, 2010
yo! mister you dumped her because she came to ask for advice?
for real listen to yourself man!
and you're suddenly happy that her friend told you what she confided in her all in the name of being your new found friend?
seriously do you not think that when she sees another friend she'll tell the person stuff you might have confided in her also?

you might dump her for whatever 'wise' reason you might come up with, but moving on with her friend is a new level of low
Re: My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help by Kay17: 1:55am On Apr 17, 2010
I think this a test of your commitment, you need exercise tolerance and respect his disbelief. you are closer to him and in the best position to know. however, do not allow dogmatic fools ruin your happiness, they have nothing to lose.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help by Kay17: 2:02am On Apr 17, 2010
I think this a test of your commitment, you need exercise tolerance and respect his disbelief. you are closer to him and in the best position to know. however, do not allow dogmatic fools ruin your happiness, they have nothing to lose.
Re: My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help by EshuKemi: 2:27am On Apr 17, 2010
Naturally i should be jumping with glee to attack this bible thumpers and their deluded worship in a jesus but for once i feel sad that christians have done a very very bad thing to destroy a relationship. Its very unfortunate that i havent seen this topic before except now and i went through every page and the level of insult, discrimination,hatred,bile and digust of mr be who u r because he is an atheist is truely appalling. This makes me dislike xtians even more.

As the poster truely said, davidlyan is the leader of this evil set of sheep that continue to show its level of intolerance every now and them in the name of one stupid jesus. It would have been better if he was attacking his regular atheist customers on Nairaland but extending his brutality to a person he hardly knows because he is an atheist is truely appaling. See all the evil things and quotations people used to humilate and abuse the guy

e.g why he hates the pastor and anything christianity from the pastor

Why he said he wants to murder the pastor

Why he said he doesnt want to do anything with xtianity

If only these idiotic set of fools here waited for his reply and response, they wouldnt have been so humilated and put to shame? undecided

Now they have destroyed a peaceful relationship that promised so much love, harmony, assistance, peace and romance that is lacking in millions of relationship. How liberal can a guy be that he even drives his fiancee to church, allow her use her house for virgil, told his fiancee to raise their kids in christianity, paid N300,000 for her surgery after that butcher from bagdad her ex pastor boyfriend almost killed her and the summary from this bungling annoying idiotic stupid moronic fundamentalist left winged bible thumpering stupid deluded christians is to accuse the guy of being a devil and an enemy of progress to her life. Shebi the devil has left her now and it remains for you idiotic christians to find her a new boyfriend. Thanks very much for shattering a relationship blessed with love. Only christians can do like wise.

@Sia fuller

Now that your 30, i hope you have listened to your moronic christian family on Nairaland well. Now that your now freshly single, you can go back to that battering ram called your pastor so that he can really beat the living sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet out of you and this time, i hope there will be a davidylan and his ilk to help you pay for your surgery. If not, start attending all the night virgils o! Start finding MR PERFECT JESUS PIKIN. Am sure with your age at 30, your a fantastic catch . . . lol grin The one who stayed with you for 4 years isnt the good one. As they advised you, start praying feverishly. Wail and shout and sing praise worship tire, dont worry a 35 year old christian brother will show up tomorrow morning to marry you. Just make sure you continue to remind these your christian family that today is day 105 after your split with that evil atheist and your still looking for brother mike or brother gbenga to fill his shoes.

Moral of the lesson, never ever listen to bible thumpers and if i was you, you will now see the reason why christianity is a failure and god is a mirage unless your god wont leave you hanging like this at the mercy of your online christian brothers, He did so much good for you and you repay him bad by exposing him to people like their davidlyan to destroy your happiness. I am sure all the people that advised you to walk away, are happily cozing with their girlfriends or boyfriends or spouses now and your left hanging like fig tree that your jesus cursed because it had no fruit. . . .lol
Re: My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help by Nobody: 9:58am On Apr 17, 2010
Be who u r

you are an idiot ojare, grow up undecided

Like i said, i wish you and labake a love filled life

good riddance
Re: My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help by Nobody: 10:09am On Apr 17, 2010
bluespice:

yo! mister you dumped her because she came to ask for advice?
for real listen to yourself man!
and you're suddenly happy that her friend told you what she confided in her all in the name of being your new found friend?
seriously do you not think that when she sees another friend she'll tell the person stuff you might have confided in her also?

you might dump her for whatever 'wise' reason you might come up with, but moving on with her friend is a new level of low

leave am, he's going to live a life of "had i known" he met a woman that cherishes him like crazy, but would rather dump her for another, when the other shows her true colour, it will be too late and i pray then that sia will be happy wherever she is
Re: My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help by wirinet(m): 10:52am On Apr 17, 2010
Be who u r,

It is a pity you did not read my personal advice to you. Believe me from the first time i read the post, i knew exactly what is going on, and it seems you and Sia Fuller don't even get it, even up till now!

In my advice to you, i pointed out that the problem most likely goes beyond your religious differences. If it was, Sia would not have been with you all these while, and Sia's family would not have accommodated you or at least tolerated you.

The problem was you rival - Yes Sia pastor/former lover. I am sure the former lover felt humiliated the way you snatched Sia from him and so waited patiently to strike back. Believe me, a man - Christian, atheist or Buddhist, would not take the snatching of his girl without a fight - even if the fight leads to fatality.

Sia was the pastors personal property, that was why he could get to the level of beating her to a state of stupor.  The beating definitely did not start with that particular beating. The beatings must have been an essential part of their love life, because if it was not, Sia would have left the guy long before your interference. 

So in effect, the pastor boyfriend was exercising  physical, emotional and spiritual control on Sia. That is a very difficult combination to break. If you have known you should have insisted that Sia change her church or at least her branch, because as long as Sia continued to interact with her Pastor ex-boyfriend, he will always exercise some level of influence on her.

And I am certain, that was what has brought your relationship to where it is today. The pastor would know a way to get through to the parents, who are Christians. He would be able to conjure many biblical verses to support his ambitions. Also he can even get the whole church to admonish you for being equally yoked with the devil himself. I can imagine the kind of counseling Sia would be getting from his pastor.  So i can understand Sia confusion and desperation. It is a pity she allowed herself to fall into the pastor's trap. If the pastor had been promising Sia heaven, i hope he does not end up giving her hell.

Anyway  hope you two would be able to find a common ground after these

One more thing ; forget the insult spewing Christians on this forum, they get their sense of self worth by denigrating other people. That is the way they are.
Re: My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help by ilosiwaju: 12:01pm On Apr 17, 2010
Be who u r, please kindly reconsider. She is a woman and the stuffs may be too much for her to hold back. Not to spite davidylan or toba and the other deluded goons but please reconsider. Pull yourselves out of NL and settle this stuffs. Your later posts sound more reasonable than the initial ones which makes me really believe that those earlier posts resulted from anger and disappointment. Picture is clearer now, dont let detractors carry the day.
Recommend another church for her. Seeing that pastor is a guaranteed source of sunday sunday emotional trauma. A former lover, a former lover and a pastor, a former lover, a pastor and a woman beater. That pastor as a human being, i can safely presume still has interest in sia. Since they still see often, a threat of hell is enough for sia to start reconsidering her life with a (according to them)hell-bound atheist.
Sia, stay clear of that pastor, get your acts together with your guy.
wirinet:

The pastor would know a way to get through to the parents, who are Christians. He would be able to conjure many biblical verses to support his ambitions. Also he can even get the whole church to admonish you for being equally yoked with the devil himself. I can imagine the kind of counseling Sia would be getting from his pastor.  So i can understand Sia confusion and desperation. It is a pity she allowed herself to fall into the pastor's trap. If the pastor had been promising Sia heaven, i hope he does not end up giving her hell.

One more thing ; forget the insult spewing Christians on this forum, they get their sense of self worth by denigrating other people. That is the way they are.
wirinet , if you're not a millionaire yet, try working as a psychic. You just spoke my mind. grin grin
how u dey bros?
Re: My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help by wirinet(m): 12:18pm On Apr 17, 2010
ilosiwaju:

Be who u r, please kindly reconsider. She is a woman and the stuffs may be too much for her to hold back. Not to spite davidylan or toba and the other deluded goons but please reconsider. Pull yourselves out of NL and settle this stuffs. Your later posts sound more reasonable than the initial ones which makes me really believe that those earlier posts resulted from anger and disappointment. Picture is clearer now, dont let detractors carry the day.
Recommend another church for her. Seeing that pastor is a guaranteed source of sunday sunday emotional trauma. A former lover, a former lover and a pastor, a former lover, a pastor and a woman beater. That pastor as a human being, i can safely presume still has interest in sia. Since they still see often, a threat of hell is enough for sia to start reconsidering her life with a (according to them)hell-bound atheist.
Sia, stay clear of that pastor, get your acts together with your guy.wirinet , if you're not a millionaire yet, try working as a psychic. You just spoke my mind. grin grin
how u dey bros?

ilosiwaju,

I dey fine o my brother, we thank got say we dey survive. I hope you hold your side well.

I no be pyschic, it is just that in this my short life, i have seen and experienced enough to read situations. I have had two friends in a similar situation in the past. In fact one of them ( a former room mate at school)l was unable to recover from the heart break and had to be sent abroad by his parents, to rehabilitate.
After struggling to sponsor a girl though university, then sponsored her to England to wait for him while he finishes his degree program a year after. It was while in London that my room mate was told by his fiancee, that her pastor said their relationship was not ordained by God, and so a more ordained person was given to her.

In fact this scenario is fairly common in our society. That was why i suspected "pastorial advice" as being the real problem, the first time i read the post.
Re: My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help by Maykelly(f): 12:20pm On Apr 17, 2010
u're unbeliver simple - get born again
Re: My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help by Nobody: 7:34pm On Apr 17, 2010
Sia you also have yourself to blame when it comes to the kinda church you attend, why on earth are you still atttending a church , who's pastor was beating the hell outta you? the same man that used to beat you to stupor, why did you still continue attending that church, what is so special  there anyways, you are so very silly and at 30 should know better

Infacty both of una are two immature kids struggling to build a relationship

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? / About The High Rate Of Extramarital Sexual Affairs Today / Nigeria Is The 9th Most Religious Country In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 172
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.