Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,900 members, 7,828,173 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help (26549 Views)

Abroad Must Favour My Family (hilarious Photo) / Sermon That Touches The Heart: The Day My Boyfriend And I Went To Church / How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help by Nobody: 11:36pm On Apr 12, 2010
romance comes to religion

enter the drama
Re: My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help by Nobody: 11:44pm On Apr 12, 2010
Zodiac61:

The arrogance of the believer.

The ignorance of the unbeliever.

Seth Cohen:

I think your very wrong Mr Davidlan and your admonitions on Atheists is unfounded. The fact here is between 2 of them and so far so good, the poster came and said she loves him and as an atheist he has been good and kind to her. How many Christians can boast of such qualities.

Millions. Its just that you have a mental block that precludes you from believing that christians are any good.

Seth Cohen:

According to you, Atheists should be tagged as demonic or devilish people destroying her faith. How then do Christians who marry Muslims cope? How then do Jews who marry Buddists cope. Are you saying they are also evil people too? We read that he has no problem in the way they bring up their children if any and he even takes her to church and brings her back. What is so evil about that? Nobody is picking the good things she said he did for her but the little things that she hates the whole world blows it out of proportion. Would being an atheist mean that the school fees he paid for her or the surgery fees or other little things he has done for her are demonic?

I never said any of the things you ascribed to me. I think you have a serious problem with the truth here.

Seth Cohen:

Your saying he will change her, what if she changes him? Its a 2 way argument. What if they remain with their various religions and still love each other? Your using the if premises to weigh the argument on one side because he is an atheist. If you hate people that dont profess to being christians, you should say so and not attack people solely because they dont conform with one particular religion. The worst thing you said is saying the bible does not give you the power to judge but gives the power to rebuke and admonish. Another politically incorrect phrase to mean Judge right? Its statements like this that makes other religions point to christianity and say there are fantatics with low level of tolerance of the other religions.

I really hate what Sia did by bringing the issue up on Nairaland and exposing her boyfriend to such ridicule and i hate especially more the comments that treated him as an outcast and pariah not minding the little good things she said he did for her. Every good thing he did for her was ignored rather they picked holes in the little stuffs and castigating him. Why wont he be angry. I see people as human beings first before i judge them in respect of their race, color, tribe , sexuality and religion. You lot group people like goats first before seeing the true human being.
Its wrong and it shouldnt be condoned

See, going through a lot of what you posted here is an exercise in futility. The point is simple - if Sia is unserious about her faith (which i guess is the case), then by all means there is no point breaking up with her bf. If she is GENUINELY interested in a fellowship with Christ then she knows what the bible has to say about the issue and would not even be posting this question here in the first place.
Re: My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help by kay0195: 11:58pm On Apr 12, 2010
look ya'll someone is obviously trying to bring some kindda hatred, insults and arguments here between atheists and christains. why are u guys falling for it? posting nasty arguments here about each other? Its obviously some wierdo with some stupid joke shocked
Re: My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help by adconline(m): 12:19am On Apr 13, 2010
Why are you calling me a monster? Do you know me? What does Atheist money mean? Why the labels and tags. Men Fantasia i will never forgive you for this. Just last night we were laughing so hard on the phone planning our future and not knowing you were trying to set be ablaze in public with people castigating for no reason. All of a sudden am a Monster to you by your friends. Gosh i am totally distraught at work now. I hope i dont get laid off or get a query

Ma fren, I did not call you a monster. I was saying that your GF would be left to her own devices to really taste misery , since she did not want to make up her mind in spite of tasting two life's oppositions ie love and abandonment. Check out all my posts, I have spoken glowingly of you even before you came online. So take a deep breath, sit back and re-read some of the posts and you will see that not everyone is against you. I dont believe that folks should "be judged by their religious affiliations, but on the content of their character".
Also remember that this is a faceless forum, not so much damage has been done. This is a critical decision time " the ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in times of comfort, but where he stands in times of adversity."
Re: My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help by akigbemaru: 12:53am On Apr 13, 2010
Y'all can fight if you want it. It's over with it now. Shango laka aiye oshi mole, is coming back to rule one more time. The greatest man to ever walk the face of earth. Some Christians will come up to dispute me oooo, nobody killed Shango but Jesus was crucified like a demon. You black pastors are nothing but a glorified house boys in Western world or better still they will call you "Black Peters," aka devils. I didn't say that, just check the history of saint Patrick ooo and find out the name of black devil that accompanied him.

Before I rest my case, let me salute my father Obbatala and my mother yemaja, and ashe for all. After those people accompany with Shango, I will say Bleep other modafuckas that claim to be like them.
Re: My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help by Sirmee(m): 12:55am On Apr 13, 2010
Marriage is a very critical decision to take,  be cautious abt it or u regret d whole thing. I think u shud read 1cor7:13. It will surely bring a solution to ur troubled heart.
Re: My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help by DeepSoul(f): 1:13am On Apr 13, 2010
Na wa for this story

After the 6th page or so, it was beginning to sound like a movie script, the author is just practising his/her lines. I cant wait to see it on African Magic grin
Re: My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help by Tudor6(f): 1:27am On Apr 13, 2010
I can understand the BF's frustration, Most of u here take offense if you're insulted by faceless strangers on this forum talkless of waking up one morning to find your life layed open for the world to see garnished with insults ranging from being labelled a demon, devil and anti-christ, coupled with morons who feel they can cast aspersions on your lifestyle while making judegments when they infact dont know jack about you. . . . All this is capable of making one mad.

At least the guy has come to add a new twist and present us a clearer picture. This is how useless and greedy some parents can be. You make no complaints when an atheist pays ur daughters fees, settles her medical bills and help set her on her career. All of a sudden he wants to marry her then you remember he's an atheist.

It has already been said her pastor ex-boyfriend beat the crap out of her. How funny. According to jokers like debosky, she'd be happier, better off and assured of paradise in heaven married to that wife beater because they're in a position of UNITY. . . . I laugh in chinese!
Re: My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help by Nobody: 2:50am On Apr 13, 2010
Who is this labake, why do i have a feeling that she wants fantasia's lover?
Re: My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help by Nobody: 2:59am On Apr 13, 2010
Be who u r:

Here i was sitting quietly in my office until my life was altered due to something silly my supposedly fiancee wrote exposing ourlives for no just cause and setting me up for christians who dont know me to insult me to the highest heavens. If she even spoke to me about this, i wont be this demoralized and shakey at work reading all these evil statements made by people calling me this things. Why would she go this far to do it. And your saying i shouldnt blame her. You all forget the 6 pages of insults that strangers from no where have been pouring on me and the people that know me reading this. How far this write up would go is something else. From all your advices she is getting married to a devil because i am not a christian, why should i just let her be in peace since that would stop all these slanderous statements and let me be. We have done so many things together as a couple and this issue of the christian or no christian thing has never cropped up until now on the internet. How would you feel if it were you that you just woke up one morning and found your life being the centre of the storm for no just cause. Do you guys forget things easily? Have you not gone through all the name calling and atheist bashing due to her story. Why should she do this and your telling me i should chill and am childish because she praised me. What sort of praise is that? If she truely loved me why should she lay me out bare for people to castigate me because of my views and these people dont even know me. What sort of advice is she looking for that we havent weathered together for 4 years and we are still going on. In fact what ever. Am done with this episode. Whatever. I will fulfill her wishes so that this castigations will end and i will be in peace. Because there is no way i can ever forgive her for this humilation and if we are even together back, this issue will now truely rise every now and then. It was never an issue to me but it will now be an issue to me. I will have to accept that religious discrimination is truely alive and i am an endangered specie because of my views. I was deluded it will work and was planning to make sure it works to prove people wrong. I accept i was betting on the wrong horse and for those insulting Labake, she has done more for me today that i could imagine. Showing me this website makes me appreciate her more. I could have continued living a false life with Sia and not knowing she had the capacity to stab me in front of strangers. Now i know better and who i can truely call my friends

Labake has done nothing but  bring about all these for her own selfish gain, infact if i could see her now, i will so strangle her and give her shameless body to the birds in the skin to feast on, whatever haappens, i know you are pissed off right now, but just open your eyes and see what  fantasia's friend is doing to your relationship right now ,work on it right now and put that wicked soul called labake in her place
Re: My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help by bawomolo(m): 3:57am On Apr 13, 2010
how is all these labake's fault.
do you guys like to look for scapegoats or what .
all these wouldn't have happened if both partners weren't childish.
Re: My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help by Nobody: 4:18am On Apr 13, 2010
Labake shouldnt have informed her fiance, she should have spoken to her friend instead of HER FIANCE THAT HIS FIANCE IS DISSING HIM ONLINE

Yes she made a mistake but sia never never insulted the guy in question

How did you think labake contributed to the whole thing?
Re: My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help by init4dmoni(m): 4:29am On Apr 13, 2010
Deep Soul:

Na wa for this story

After the 6th page or so, it was beginning to sound like a movie script, the author is just practising his/her lines. I cant wait to see it on African Magic grin

lol, exactly
Re: My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help by MadMax1(f): 7:17am On Apr 13, 2010
@be who u ur
Put yourself in her shoes,man. She's religious and you're not. Do you seriously mean to say you've no idea how conflicted she must be? How on earth can she discuss this with you? She loves you, she's in turmoil about whether she can marry you. You should salute her courage that, as a Christian with her kind of background, she stuck to you even though her FAMILY and PASTOR disapprove. That she sought other people's opinions under anonymity isn't a betrayal in any sense. You're 'hurt' only cos you're seeing this with ME-ME-ME tinted glasses. You can be forgiven that. You're only
human. What is beyond the pale and unreasonable is getting up on some high drama horse and pretending she 'wronged' for asking anonymous advice. It's a non-issue.

@poster
Lady, you're blessed to have found someone whom you love and who loves you. I'm a Christian and though I know no one gets to God without Christ, I no longer believe my faith is the only wayto God or that Christianity has anhy right to the breathtaking arrogance of claiming God and Christ exclusively for itself. God created no religion. Man created them all. God loves and walks with and guides a Moslem or Buddhist or Hindu who loves Him as surely as He guides a Christian who does. Religion are vehicles we invented to reach God. He isn't bound by any but is ABOVE them all. NONE has a monopoly on truth.

An atheist SEES no rational reason to believe in God and you must admit the empirical evidence is pretty thin. Unless you've walked with God a certain distance and know beyond all shadow of doubt HE exists, that He's in fact, the only true reality, you can't be blamed if you don't believe. I've grown
up. I know things I didn't know months ago. Secret things. How? he told me. Christ, who is wonderful beyond all dreams of wonderfulness and who is fully unknowable in a sense, brings himself down to insignificant human beings' levels and they talk. It's like a man talking to bacteria. He can only describe things that bacteria can understand in bacteria pictures and symbols and language. But what can man tell bacteria of quantum physics and the vastness of space? Of mathematics and the oceans of the world and great architecture? But what little bacteria can understand, because its is handicapped and limited,is truly wonderful to it, though it cannot comprehend the rest.

I don't fast. Depriving the body that way is notorious for bringing on hallucinations. A man deprived of water in a desert begins to see mirages. I simply can't trust anything that happens if I fast and so don't. He tells me what he will when He will, though there are times I've said, Slow down!
He's master here. How proud I am to say that!

I rarely go to church. I don't do 'formal' prayer. I don't believe the Bible is the infallible word of God. It's full of truth. It's also full of lies
and hundreds of additions and omissions the original authors didn't put in it.It was merely in the interest of a few religious men to make others think so long ago, because Kings believed priests and popes could damn their souls and the authority of the Church rested on that belief. It wouldn't do to have kings start questioning your power, would it? It was only a short leap from proclaiming the bible, the testimonies and opinions of human beings, 'infallible', to proclaiming human beings themselves infallible, a step the Catholic Church, source of a thousand mischiefs, took when they declared their popes 'holy' and 'infallible'. But their Bible is infallible doctrine has unfortunately survived and people still believe it.

Religious duties and bibles merely prop up religion. Your faith has to be based on something more, on a PERSONAL knowledge of God. If you're engrossed in a propped-up religion, once one of those props is destroyed, your faith is destroyed along with it. That's why people who discover the
truth about the Bible and who have no real personal knowledge of God often lose their faith in God. It's based on a bible and religious activities. If those things go, their faith goes. There are people who NEED those things, otherwise their 'faith' fades. Many churches invent a God that doesn't exist and serve this imaginary God. They're comfortable with adultery and lying and stealing and cheating and manipulating others and yet coming to raise holy hands in front of this God on Sundays. This God doesn't tun their minds to the suffering of others or what they might do for others, this God is only interested in giving them houses and cars and money, and making they and their wants the centre of the universe.

You don't base your faith on religious props but on SOMEONE who, when you get a taste, you'll barter your very life to get more of Him. He owns it all anyway.

There's a point to this. It's that, untold millions around the world across many faiths enjoy this personal relationship with him and more besides.It's not new or special but is meant to be the norm.

Now you talk of your Pastor. A pastor is merely an administrator of a church.He isn't closer to Him any more than the next person in that Church. Here is the TERRIBLE MISTAKE many of us make:You assign decisions to pastors that are NOT his to make, you hand over what should be brought before God to ANOTHER HUMAN BEING.

When you do that, when you ask your pastor who you should marry, You chose a man over God and God WILL NOT INTERVENE but will LEAVE YOU TO THAT CHOICE. God who sees, not THE future because no such thing exists, the future is in a state of flux due to free will, but every possible outcome there can be, is right there for you to consult, and you go to men no better than you because they were issued religious titles by other men.

It's truly horrifying how many people do this. I personally know Christian couples in horribly unhappy marriages because of this. Pastors are human like you and have no qualifications whatsoever to determine your marital fate! Beloved, go to your FATHER in heaven! Go to Christ, who is compassionate beyond belief, and pour out your soul to him. He will answer you right speedily!

All that others can do is merely CONFIRM what He has already told you. Don't ask him to do this. He'll always confirm what He tells you, but However He sees fit.

Don't ever place your life or your future in any man's hands when God is there right beside and loves you and knows all. We're all guilty of it, that unbelievable stupidity.

If the man you love is the man for you, his atheism is irrelevant. Each man's spiritual journey is his alone. You just pray for him relentlessly. God will reach him in His own time, depending on your man's choices and desires, and may lead him to a faith diferent from yours, but where he'll experience
God the fullest.

Seek God and GOD ALONE on this matter. Will you be happy with him? Will he be happy with you? Will God's will be done by your union? Will both your purpose be fulfilled if you get married? Is this His will for you? God knows all the answers. Seek Him. Leave your silly religious baggage outside
and truly seek Him. It's your great good fortune to know He exists. He will lead you if you let Him. Go to Him. Do whatever He tells you. He will say Yes or No. If it's No, however wonderful your man is, let him go. If it's Yes, then you see that his atheism is irrelevant. Go to God. You can trust Him with anything. He WILL answer you.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help by Chrisbenogor(m): 9:03am On Apr 13, 2010
ROTFLMAO
Men this story sounds so real and a little bit too real for me oh. If I be the guy I go vex well well sha.
Re: My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help by Chrisbenogor(m): 9:05am On Apr 13, 2010
how come the regulars here never ever say anything about their lives? for all we know this could be a regular oh!
Jesoul abi na you? grin grin grin grin
Re: My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help by mikelangs(m): 9:57am On Apr 13, 2010
They truth of the matter is that only a fool who says there is no GOD!!! Ur guy may be very wonerful, faultless, caring etc. well cos that what every laies want. But to think of it eeply, marriage is not a childs play where chukky an his bride play hanky panky. 4rm all u have said about this guy tells me he is actually wonerful but when he decies to hate anything Godly, then all his traits, goodness, faultless perfect etc is extremely an absolutely useless. on't be suprise when u get into his worl totally, u will hate the ay u were born becasue the bible say what has darkness got in common with light. Even sinner acknowlege that The is a an Almighty God, believe me u need not to be carrie away with the goo thing of the flesh, ask God almighty to direct ur thots an ur heart. Nothing god come easy, an when u grab a man who is so nice to a fault, there is a big problem u are yet to discover in him. Don't let the wrath of God fall on you if you urself truly believ that Go exists.
My frien wake up. Put the guy in pray and see if Go that u truly believ exist will not intervene in the matter 4u. Another is sure a marriage that oes not go with the blessing of the parent ens up in problem it may not happen immediately but its something God has settled here on earth and in Heaven, am out
Re: My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help by ilosiwaju: 10:19am On Apr 13, 2010
Quote from Googler
"You don't know what you saved me from. If you not for you, "
"No, don't talk like that, naaah. I am sure she meant well."
"You are such a nice person, that is why you defending her."
"Anyway, I must leave now. Is there anything I can get you?"
"No, thanks. You've done enough already."
"Ok, I must go then."
"Em, Labake, "
"Yes, ?"
"You are such an angel."
"Thank you."
"Em, tomorrow, can you, "
"What, ?"
"No. Don't worry. I will call you later. Good night."
"Good night."
And Labake dances a little ajasco outside the door before calling an okada,
grin grin grin you'll make a good psychic.

jennykadry:

Who is this labake, why do i have a feeling that she wants fantasia's lover?

It is not imposible.
Re: My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help by sharpman1(m): 10:23am On Apr 13, 2010
bawomolo:

how is all these labake's fault.
do you guys like to look for scapegoats or what  .
all these wouldn't have happened if both partners weren't childish.

It's not Labake's fault and it's not the poster's fault either.

The fault lies with the childish boyfriend who the OP thinks is the perfect one for her.
Re: My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help by Dalby(m): 10:25am On Apr 13, 2010
mikelangs:

[s]They truth of the matter is that only a fool who says there is no GOD!!! [/s] The truth is that GOD exist!!! your guy may be very wonerful, faultless, caring etc. well cos that what every laies want. [s]But to think of it eeply, marriage is not a childs play where chukky an his bride play hanky panky[/s]. 4rm all u have said about this guy tells me he is actually wonerful but when he decies to hate anything Godly, then all his traits, goodness, faultless perfect etc is extremely an absolutely useless. on't be suprise when u get into his worl totally, u will hate the ay u were born becasue the bible say what has darkness got in common with light. Even sinner acknowlege that The is a an Almighty God, believe me u need not to be carrie away with the goo thing of the flesh, ask God almighty to direct your thots an your heart. Nothing god come easy, an when u grab a man who is so nice to a fault, there is a big problem u are yet to discover in him. Don't let the wrath of God fall on you if you urself truly believ that Go exists.
My frien wake up. Put the guy in pray and see if Go that u truly believ exist will not intervene in the matter 4u. Another is sure a marriage that oes not go with the blessing of the parent ens up in problem it may not happen immediately but its something God has settled here on earth and in Heaven, am out

It really baffles me why we cannot pass comments witout insulting others embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help by jumie(f): 11:18am On Apr 13, 2010
The Plot has gotten thicker with the introduction of Be who u Are

I have followed this thread keenly and can't help but comment at this point.

@ Poster (Sia),

Wow! I must confess, this whole thing has boomeranged back at you!

When you knew you had already made up your mind about marrying the guy why come to a public forum like this to discuss the issue? I see that you are distraught about his decision to call it quits with you. I could detect from your posts that you were not in anyway confused but wanted justification for going ahead with the marriage.

If you truly were a Christian, you would have first sought the face of God privately to know if he truly is His choice for you before getting yourself immersed in his love for 4 years. You went ahead with the relationship knowing you will have problems with his religious beliefs only for you to come crying out at the end of it. Was it because of the material gains? I am not in anyway surprised at his decisions.

Sia, am so sorry, but you have shot yourself in the foot!!!
Re: My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:36am On Apr 13, 2010
jumie:

The Plot has gotten thicker with the introduction of Be who u Are

I have followed this thread keenly and can't help but comment at this point.

@ Poster (Sia),

Wow! I must confess, this whole thing has boomeranged back at you!

When you knew you had already made up your mind about marrying the guy why come to a public forum like this to discuss the issue? I see that you are distraught about his decision to call it quits with you. I could detect from your posts that you were not in anyway confused but wanted justification for going ahead with the marriage.

If you truly were a Christian, you would have first sought the face of God privately to know if he truly is His choice for you before getting yourself immersed in his love for 4 years. You went ahead with the relationship knowing you will have problems with his religious beliefs only for you to come crying out at the end of it. Was it because of the material gains? I am not in anyway surprised at his decisions.

Sia, am so sorry, but you have shot yourself in the foot!!!

Abeg GERRAWAY JO!
See this[b] Jealuster![/b]
go and find God fearing pastor that shags the ushers in the name of God to marry!
Re: My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help by benabbey(m): 12:04pm On Apr 13, 2010
The author of this thread is a very good fiction writer who took time to wrap the story around a dilemma of getting over aged for marriage and designed a write up to test the water of religiosity of nairaland. So many intelligent outburst has been written but to my mind the writer said she is a Christian sister, that is not plausible because there should be no fellowship between light and darkness. She also erroneously believe that she can convert her boy friend . You cannot change anybody point of view. Christianity is a mystery which can only be understand by those people who believe in it, for the preaching of the cross is foolishness to those who don't believe but the power of God to salvation to its believers.

Personally I really appreciate the depth of logic of atheism, I have also taken my time to read widely about it, in fact I really love the writings  of great atheist like Thomas Paine, Our own Dr. Tai Solarin, Col Ingersoll and so many great mind who profess atheism. But before these fellow were born David Jesse has written four thousand years ago that "only the fool will say there is no God". Atheism is not a new philosophy it is there in the time of Pharaoh He does not believe in Jehovah  God, It is there in the time of Jesus the Sadducee don't believe in anything.

My final advise to any lady who may find herself in this situation is that Love, marriage, companionship is not the end of life. It is only in this part of the world that we define life by such  mundane things. It is part of our African mentality that is still troubling us. If an atheist will stand by his irrational believe and not bulge it is you who called yourself a Christian that should bow and throw away your faith to thrash can because of marriage or what have you. Evil communication corrupt good manner.  a world is enough for the wise
Re: My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help by Chrisbenogor(m): 12:20pm On Apr 13, 2010
benabbey:

The author of this thread is a very good fiction writer who took time to wrap the story around a dilemma of getting over aged for marriage and designed a write up to test the water of religiosity of nairaland. So many intelligent outburst has been written but to my mind the writer said she is a Christian sister, that is not plausible because there should be no fellowship between light and darkness. She also erroneously believe that she can convert her boy friend . You cannot change anybody point of view. Christianity is a mystery which can only be understand by those people who believe in it, for the preaching of the cross is foolishness to those who don't believe but the power of God to salvation to its believers.

Personally I really appreciate the depth of logic of atheism, I have also taken my time to read widely about it, in fact I really love the writings  of great atheist like Thomas Paine, Our own Dr. Tai Solarin, Col Ingersoll and so many great mind who profess atheism. But before these fellow were born David Jesse has written four thousand years ago that "only the fool will say there is no God". Atheism is not a new philosophy it is there in the time of Pharaoh He does not believe in Jehovah  God, It is there in the time of Jesus the Sadducee don't believe in anything.

My final advise to any lady who may find herself in this situation is that Love, marriage, companionship is not the end of life. It is only in this part of the world that we define life by such  mundane things. It is part of our African mentality that is still troubling us. If an atheist will stand by his irrational believe and not bulge it is you who called yourself a Christian that should bow and throw away your faith to thrash can because of marriage or what have you. Evil communication corrupt good manner.  a world is enough for the wise

We don hear oga preacher, Jesus christ na your uncle, Christianity na your birth right abeg go sidon jo.
Re: My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help by benabbey(m): 12:28pm On Apr 13, 2010
@Chris you even take your name from Christ lol
Re: My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help by benabbey(m): 12:30pm On Apr 13, 2010
@Chris you even took your name from Christ lol
Re: My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help by Aproko(f): 12:34pm On Apr 13, 2010
Na wa , See drama! enter be who you are and a certain Labake!!!

@ Labake,

Na wa for you sef o, you no try at all

@ be who u r,

are you really being who you are? is your galfriend's perception of you who you really are? if yes, the please prove it to her (not us because we are as faceless as you can imagine) Again, please what are your intentions towards her? do you really love her or you just fancy the fact that she will always remain grateful for your help and you will be a hero in her eyes?

@ OP,

Are you sure you really know this guy? your issues go deeper than religion and you know it! there is something going on in your relationship that probably goes against the foundation on which you have stood and lived.  I personally don't think whether we tell you to go ahead and marry an atheist or not is the answer to your problem.

@ Mad Max,

well said.

@ all,

You guys rock I beg , very interesting replies
Re: My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help by Krayola(m): 12:37pm On Apr 13, 2010
Chrisbenogor:

We don hear oga preacher, Jesus christ na your uncle, Christianity na your birth right abeg go sidon jo.
grin grin  Reading this thread kinda makes Christianity seem like some kind secret society. "Light must not mix with darkness"  grin grin What a jagbajantical cliche. People endorsing hatred of their citizens, then have the nerve to say that nonsense. chei!! what a joke. . . then they say they believe in a "GOOD" God.

I'll rather rot in "hell" than spend "eternity" with una . . .
Re: My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help by Chrisbenogor(m): 12:42pm On Apr 13, 2010
benabbey:

@Chris you even took your name from Christ lol
Yeah but not Jesus Christ duh undecided undecided undecided

Krayola:

grin grin  Reading this thread kinda makes Christianity seem like some kind secret society. "Light must not mix with darkness"  grin grin What a jagbajantical cliche. People endorsing hatred of their citizens, then have the nerve to say that nonsense. chei!! what a joke. . . then they say they believe in a "GOOD" God.

Make sure you dont forget that hot chili canadian source, the unicorn steak will be ready in about 100 years, see you there grin grin grin
Re: My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help by richjohn1(m): 12:51pm On Apr 13, 2010
@Benabbey
Thomas Paine is not an athiest, he's a deist please.
Re: My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help by Dalby(m): 1:01pm On Apr 13, 2010
Krayola:

grin grin grin

Na wah for you oh!!!
Re: My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help by Confilass: 1:04pm On Apr 13, 2010
I have dated other so called born again or spiritually filled guys in my past that messed me up so badly and i know alot of men use this as a bait to catch women and end up showing their true colors later on.

I am a lady just as u. I've gone through this too but I want to let you know that none of them deserve u that's why it happens dat way. This doesn't mean they're not some nice ones. Pls may it neva allow you to miss your track in life.

Amos 3:3 "Can two walk 2gether, except they be agreed?" Pls am not condemning him but God first in any decision you'll make in life. Don't 4get it'll no longer be boyfriend and girlfriend issues but hus. & wife, u'll have to obey him & be submissive. Except u've sign to be an atheist.

've seen people that 've gone out with guys like this but they had evil intention. It even happen to my cousin though the man change and become a xtian but he was still evil. I am not saying yours will be same. It's just an experienced from close pple which I can't put down in details.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Have You Ever "Fallen Under The Anointing?" How Did It Feel? / Liberian Pastor Polishes His Wife's Nails (Photos) / What Does The Bible Say About Tattoos / Body Piercings?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.