Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,223 members, 7,818,764 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

Jonathan Meets Obama At Blair House(pics) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Meets Obama At Blair House(pics) (10256 Views)

President Buhari Not Nigeria’s First Leader At Blair House - The FCT Post / Blair House: Buhari's Official Accommodation During His Visit To The US (photo) / Obama To Host Buhari At Blair House For Three Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Meets Obama At Blair House(pics) by mamagee3(f): 12:10am On Apr 13, 2010
This is ridiculous!
Jonathan set out to meet the President of the United States and he chose putting on an ugly hat and a dull coloured lace? undecided
Whatever happened to dressing in an Official manner? undecided
Like wearing a suit or something similar? undecided
And look at the way he puts his legs apart as he's seating and chatting with Obama.
undecided
Re: Jonathan Meets Obama At Blair House(pics) by beewhyfocs(m): 12:20am On Apr 13, 2010
Nice one for Jonathan! I love the outfit, showcasing Nigeria to the world.
Re: Jonathan Meets Obama At Blair House(pics) by ogajim(m): 12:40am On Apr 13, 2010
mama-gee:

This is ridiculous!
Jonathan set out to meet the President of the United States and [color=#990000]he chose putting on an ugly hat and a dull coloured lace?
undecided
And look at the way he puts his legs apart as he's seating and chatting with Obama.[/color] undecided

Madame, Have you ever been to Nigeria? Why can't he be dressed in his native Ijaw attire? You must have seen OBJ in suits throughout his 8 year tenure to come to this sort of conclusion. Are you so ashamed of Nigerian stuff that you want your President to showcase western culture because he is visiting the West?

I don't know where you live but I see native attires all the time from the World over, you don't seem to have a problem with kilts do you? abi na inferiority complex? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Jonathan Meets Obama At Blair House(pics) by 0hsisi: 12:46am On Apr 13, 2010
I agree with mama gee
he should have worn a suit
Re: Jonathan Meets Obama At Blair House(pics) by mamagee3(f): 12:47am On Apr 13, 2010
ogajim:

Madame, Have you ever been to Nigeria? Why can't he be dressed in his native Ijaw attire? You must have seen OBJ in suits throughout his 8 year tenure to come to this sort of conclusion. Are you so ashamed of Nigerian stuff that you want your President to showcase western culture because he is visiting the West?

I don't know where you live but I see native attires all the time from the World over, you don't seem to have a problem with kilts do you? abi na inferiority complex? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Obasanjo's outfit has nothing to do with a man wearing an Ugly hat and a Lace to go meet a Foreign President. . .
At least, Obasanjo's outfit symbolizes one of many Nigerian Culture. . .
What does Jonathan Goodluck's outfit represent? Nothing.
And look at the way he sits down, spreading his legs apart on the ground. . .
Compare his sitting position to that of Obama's, I mean on the second picture. . .the one where the journalists are surrounding them.
It's simple and official, Jonathan Goodluck hasn't got what it takes to be President.
A president should have style and Class and Jonathan Goodluck doesn't possess any of those qualities.
Re: Jonathan Meets Obama At Blair House(pics) by semid4lyfe(m): 1:12am On Apr 13, 2010
Nice pics! Goodie J has such a dashing smile and he emanates confidence. Me feel Nigeria is in good hands.
Re: Jonathan Meets Obama At Blair House(pics) by semid4lyfe(m): 1:17am On Apr 13, 2010
mama-gee:

This is ridiculous!
Jonathan set out to meet the President of the United States and he chose putting on an ugly hat and a dull coloured lace? undecided
And look at the way he puts his legs apart as he's seating and chatting with Obama.
undecided
Jeez! Are the romance and sexuality sections so boring today?
Re: Jonathan Meets Obama At Blair House(pics) by mamagee3(f): 1:19am On Apr 13, 2010
^^Do you need an attention?
Re: Jonathan Meets Obama At Blair House(pics) by semid4lyfe(m): 2:48am On Apr 13, 2010
mama-gee:

^^Do you need an attention?
You had better be of good behaviour. The post of moderator for the Events section is still vacant you knowgrin grin grin
Re: Jonathan Meets Obama At Blair House(pics) by chopmonee: 5:18am On Apr 13, 2010
I have Analise all the pictures psychologically, it is not easy for the heads that wears the crown, All our presidents have done their best, but

as a matter of fact the look on Acting President Good luck Jonathan with that kind of the attires give a boost to Nigerian, I could see great

feature ahead for our great nation in this man. If God says Jonathan will be He will surely be, for the earth is the Lord and the fullness

thereof, the world and they that dwell therein.

We should be very careful with our utterances.

Long live Nigeria and to God be the glory Amen.
Re: Jonathan Meets Obama At Blair House(pics) by 9ja4eva: 5:48am On Apr 13, 2010
chopmonee:

I have Analise all the pictures psychologically, it is not easy for the heads that wears the crown, All our presidents have done their best, but

as a matter of fact the look on Acting President Good luck Jonathan with that kind of the attires give a boost to Nigerian, I could see great

feature ahead for our great nation in this man. If God says Jonathan will be He will surely be, for the earth is the Lord and the fullness

thereof, the world and they that dwell therein.

We should be very careful with our utterances.

Long live Nigeria and to God be the glory Amen.

Seconded
mama-gee:

This is ridiculous!
undecided

I don't see anything bad in his dressing.He has to promote our culture.
Re: Jonathan Meets Obama At Blair House(pics) by igboboy1(m): 8:22am On Apr 13, 2010
mama-gee:

This is ridiculous!
undecided

inferiority complex dey worry you,

So we have to conform to the western standards of "wearing suits" to be official? Even though Obj ugly as foc, the one thing I like about him and indeed other Nigerian leaders as opposed to other african leaders is the donning of native attire,

Abeg free bros J. The hat plus the outfit take am die,
Re: Jonathan Meets Obama At Blair House(pics) by rebranded(m): 8:43am On Apr 13, 2010
mama-gee:

Obasanjo's outfit has nothing to do with a man wearing an Ugly hat and a Lace to go meet a Foreign President. . .
Compare his sitting position to that of Obama's, I mean on the second picture. . .the one where the journalists are surrounding them.
It's simple and official, Jonathan Goodluck hasn't got what it takes to be President.
A president should have style and Class and Jonathan Goodluck doesn't possess any of those qualities.

Why are you showing your ignorance about your country to the whole world, that attire is Ijaw's people native dress, just like obasanjo's agbada is yoruba cultures. Dont just open your mouth and talk mama gee mumu gee angry
Re: Jonathan Meets Obama At Blair House(pics) by igboboy1(m): 11:09am On Apr 13, 2010
rebranded:

Why are you showing your ignorance about your country to the whole world, that attire is Ijaw's people native dress, just like obasanjo's agbada is yoruba cultures. Dont just open your mouth and talk mama gee mumu gee angry

bros leave that ignoramus, so if it is not hausa babaringa and it is not yoruba agbada then it is not a Nigerian cultural dress?

Na so the other day one yoruba guy dey talk say why some igbos, delta peeps, benin peeps go dey tie wrapper like woman? One mans meat is another mans posion, Appreciate diversity
Re: Jonathan Meets Obama At Blair House(pics) by EGO3(m): 11:32am On Apr 13, 2010
i like dat name die MUMU GEE,
Re: Jonathan Meets Obama At Blair House(pics) by tayo4me(f): 11:48am On Apr 13, 2010
mama-gee:

I dont know if this is inferiority complex or something. Would you ever catch Obama in Yoruba, Ibo or Hausa attire, just because he is visiting Nigeria? We should be proud of what we have please, this idea of copying oyinbo style is killing us. Even look at the Indian Prime Minister, he is always dressed in his native attire, and there are so many of them like that, so there is nothing to complain about
Re: Jonathan Meets Obama At Blair House(pics) by HARDDON: 12:11pm On Apr 13, 2010
they cant hold us down for too long now!

this is no more the northern birthryt!

i do bliv, i hv a dream, this slipin gaint shall arise and walk tall again!!!!

God Bless Nigeria, God bless GJ and Finally, God bless Harddon!!!

u Knw so cos i told chu so!
Re: Jonathan Meets Obama At Blair House(pics) by rebranded(m): 12:50pm On Apr 13, 2010
Only 5 nations from Africa was invited, impressive - Algeria, Egypt, Morocco, Nigeria & South Africa
Re: Jonathan Meets Obama At Blair House(pics) by ogajim(m): 1:09pm On Apr 13, 2010
LOL@ "mumu GEE"

I see a lot of comments here that show they have seen other Nigerian cultures apart from the "big three", I intend to get me one of those Ijaw outfits when I visit Nigeria next time, mama, make you go wear your tommy or baby fat all you want but you're still naija whether you like it or not (, wether you like or you no like, after you hear this little song, Fela na oga)

>>Wonder why some people only see GOOD in other CULTURES apart from their own DIVERSE culture undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Jonathan Meets Obama At Blair House(pics) by goksonjay(m): 2:52pm On Apr 13, 2010
I supposed until corruption is seen being fought to the ground and free and fair election having it's toll on Nigeria soil, then all this visit can bring about image laundering and integrity building. but for now, consider Nigeria as 121st on Corrupt country list in the world, and the giant of the Africa having comparative advantage on all the mineral resources in sixteen West African countries with majority of its citizenry living below poverty line. what a challenge for Jonathan to confront?
Re: Jonathan Meets Obama At Blair House(pics) by chelseabmw(m): 3:56pm On Apr 13, 2010
[size=13pt]Jonathan God bless u for making nigerians happy, The whole of NL is happy[/size]
Re: Jonathan Meets Obama At Blair House(pics) by ypay: 5:13pm On Apr 13, 2010
I think he flags positioning was not a mistake. Iftheir wives were there Obama's wife would have stood beside Jonathan while BJ's wife the other way.
Re: Jonathan Meets Obama At Blair House(pics) by ypay: 5:17pm On Apr 13, 2010
Don't know why nigeria presidents do dress unofficially. May be this can come up as national issue and get them trained on how to dress, sit, have eye contact and so on.
Re: Jonathan Meets Obama At Blair House(pics) by sweet9ja: 5:47pm On Apr 13, 2010
@mama-gee, shebi na yar'asleep style u like. nawa for u o!
Re: Jonathan Meets Obama At Blair House(pics) by honeric01(m): 6:24pm On Apr 13, 2010
ypay:

Don't know why nigeria presidents do dress unofficially. May be this can come up as national issue and get them trained on how to dress, sit, have eye contact and so on.

See ignorance, abeg, tell me, what is the official dressing? and where in the dictionary can we find "official dressing" and "unofficial dressing"? undecided embarassed embarassed embarassed, are there specially chosen method of dressing for all presidents of the world? please let us know.
Re: Jonathan Meets Obama At Blair House(pics) by ogajim(m): 6:30pm On Apr 13, 2010
^^^^ Abeg no mind these "mumus" who think they know it all about Nigeria, if you're not dressed in western gear, it must not count, and the one that wants to teach them how to communicate, acting President GJ is a Doctor for crying out loud and you know for a fact that he got it in Nigeria or has not spent time outside the shores of Nigeria? And these are the kids that are supposed to take over sometime undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided omase ooooo!
Re: Jonathan Meets Obama At Blair House(pics) by xterra2(m): 6:39pm On Apr 13, 2010
mama-gee:

This is ridiculous!
And look at the way he  puts his legs apart as he's seating and chatting with Obama.
undecided
Oh no! SO should he wear suits because he visits a so called western country
Thats Goodluck's SWAG.Even OBJ and President Yaradua on visit to western countries or any other foreign country they always wear their 9ja/traditional/attire cloth.Yaradua wears his hausa cap, baban riga + palms(as 9ja call it).Obj wears his own best clothes.
When the prime minister of india + his wife went for a state visit to US,that US organised a dinner @ white house for them(i remembered vividly because of the security breach @ white house)do you see them indians?They wore their indian clother and the PM's wife with that red shit on her forehead.
And it i not riddiculous mama gee.
Plus i swear i dey feel the hat Where do dey sell it ma self,make i go buy one
And as far,they sitting way,most Western leaders to so,bush,obama,brown e.t.c
But we are not in the west and thats not our style it is theirs so let them use their and let us use ours.
BTW,as a male,sitting crossing your legs is not nice it makes u look gay,females do that.right?
Re: Jonathan Meets Obama At Blair House(pics) by henry101(m): 7:02pm On Apr 13, 2010
rebranded:

Why are you showing your ignorance about your country to the whole world, that attire is Ijaw's people native dress, just like obasanjo's agbada is yoruba cultures. Dont just open your mouth and talk[b] mama gee mumu gee [/b] angry

LOL! C Nairaland rebranding.
Re: Jonathan Meets Obama At Blair House(pics) by Horus(m): 7:11pm On Apr 13, 2010
9ja4eva:

I don't see anything bad in his dressing.He has to promote our culture.

I agree, a Nigerian attire attract also respect for Nigeria.
"Wearing suits" is a symbol of colon mentality.
Re: Jonathan Meets Obama At Blair House(pics) by Nobody: 7:36pm On Apr 13, 2010
[size=18pt]Oga Presido SEE as you Fine No doubt You don make Niger Deltans Happy. [/size]
Re: Jonathan Meets Obama At Blair House(pics) by oge4real(f): 8:16pm On Apr 13, 2010
This is proof that Obama's beef with Yaradie is really personal.
Re: Jonathan Meets Obama At Blair House(pics) by Nobody: 8:27pm On Apr 13, 2010
^^ grin grin am telling u, its so obvious. i wonder why yaradull was using lesser and major hajj to dodge the  Invitation to UN summit.
Am sure the man lacked confidence to appear before noble world leaders grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Abuja Police Trains Officers, Urges Installation Of CCTV In Homes, Public Places / Declare Your Asset, Ekiti APC Tells Fayose / Crude Export To Increase By 380,000b/d In Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.