Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,799 members, 7,827,949 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:52 PM

9mobile Sale: Confusion As Court Sacks Interim Board; Investor Warns Glo, Airtel - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 9mobile Sale: Confusion As Court Sacks Interim Board; Investor Warns Glo, Airtel (11561 Views)

Confusion As Telcos Alert Subscribers To NIN-SIM Link Irregularities / MTN, Glo, Airtel Set To Increase Data, Call Tariffs / How To Check Your MTN, Glo, Airtel & 9mobile Phone Number On Your Mobile Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

9mobile Sale: Confusion As Court Sacks Interim Board; Investor Warns Glo, Airtel by Newsprex(m): 8:00am On Jan 16, 2018
The Federal High Court, Ikoyi has nullified the Ex Parte Order earlier issued on 3rd July 2017 approving the appointment of an Interim Board for Emerging Markets Telecommunications Service (EMTS), now 9mobile.

The company is the fourth largest telecommunications service operator in Nigeria.

Document obtained shows that the order on Friday by Justice Ibrahim Buba followed the Preliminary Objection filed by United Capital Trustees Ltd in response to the application by Spectrum Wireless, a shareholder of EMTS, for a nullification of the Ex Parte Order.

The development has set off another round of confusion and may affect the January 16 new deadline set by the NCC lat week.

The Interim Board of EMTS backed by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) and the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC), recently received bids from about 5 bidders in its intended sale of the company.

Barclays Africa, the financial adviser handling the sale of 9mobile, had the initial mandate of December 31, 2017 to conclude the sale.

Barclays Africa had since last year, shortlisted the final five firms – Teleology Holdings Limited, promoted by Adrian Wood, the pioneer CEO of MTN Nigeria; Smile Telecoms Holdings, with operations in Nigeria, Tanzania, Uganda, Congo DR and South Africa; Helios Investment Partners; Bharti Airtel and Globacom.

Meanwhile, Solicitor to Spectrum Wireless Communication Limited in a public notice warned that by virtue of the said judgment, Dr. Joseph Nnanna, Oluseyi Bickersteth, Ken Igbokwe, Funke Ighodaro and Boye Olusanya as security trustee nominee of the board of Emerging Markets Telecommunications Service has been nullified and the order appointing them vacated.

The Solicitors warned that any institution or company who transacts business for the purpose of sale or acquisition of EMTS or 9Mobile does so at his or her own risk.

Justice Buba in his judgment said that the motion is struck out having set aside the order adding that “the respondent shall reverse all steps taken by it since the order was nullity.”

SOURCE - https://prexblog.com/9mobile-sale-confusion-court-sacks-interim-board-investors-warns-airtel-glo-others/

Re: 9mobile Sale: Confusion As Court Sacks Interim Board; Investor Warns Glo, Airtel by CLASSMAN: 8:12am On Jan 16, 2018
Double wahala

1 Like

Re: 9mobile Sale: Confusion As Court Sacks Interim Board; Investor Warns Glo, Airtel by Tomoyayi(m): 7:14am On Jan 17, 2018
Re: 9mobile Sale: Confusion As Court Sacks Interim Board; Investor Warns Glo, Airtel by Donald7610: 7:14am On Jan 17, 2018
Lol

Better news jare
Re: 9mobile Sale: Confusion As Court Sacks Interim Board; Investor Warns Glo, Airtel by Nobody: 7:16am On Jan 17, 2018
Today is my Birthday but poverty won't let me celebrate it

14 Likes

Re: 9mobile Sale: Confusion As Court Sacks Interim Board; Investor Warns Glo, Airtel by jeeqaa7(m): 7:17am On Jan 17, 2018
J
Re: 9mobile Sale: Confusion As Court Sacks Interim Board; Investor Warns Glo, Airtel by danemenike: 7:17am On Jan 17, 2018
this is serious
Re: 9mobile Sale: Confusion As Court Sacks Interim Board; Investor Warns Glo, Airtel by Damoxy(m): 7:22am On Jan 17, 2018
Can 10 Mobile Just buy them

2 Likes

Re: 9mobile Sale: Confusion As Court Sacks Interim Board; Investor Warns Glo, Airtel by SalamRushdie: 7:23am On Jan 17, 2018
Nigerian greed has commenced work , this is how they will do and do till all the remaining 17 million subscriber run away and leave a shell company nobody can acquire

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9mobile Sale: Confusion As Court Sacks Interim Board; Investor Warns Glo, Airtel by Nonnyflex(m): 7:24am On Jan 17, 2018
Leave all these complex jargons... They need to grease some corrupt leaders hands for them to have a smooth transition otherwise....

1 Like

Re: 9mobile Sale: Confusion As Court Sacks Interim Board; Investor Warns Glo, Airtel by Talk2Bella(f): 7:24am On Jan 17, 2018
grin i just need to be a 2 percenter in this company biko
Re: 9mobile Sale: Confusion As Court Sacks Interim Board; Investor Warns Glo, Airtel by Benekruku(m): 7:24am On Jan 17, 2018
Its funny that a dilapidated network operator like Glo, still has the effrontery and audacity to bid for another network operator.

They should be considering about how to improve there network quality instead of thinking about coverage and bandwidth. Its pathetic!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9mobile Sale: Confusion As Court Sacks Interim Board; Investor Warns Glo, Airtel by LaudGuy: 7:26am On Jan 17, 2018
To my mentor Adenuga, stay clear of this deal. Rather focus on growing Glo's subscribers and overtake thieving MTN. It's about time Sir. Oh well what do I know
Re: 9mobile Sale: Confusion As Court Sacks Interim Board; Investor Warns Glo, Airtel by dukeo(m): 7:27am On Jan 17, 2018
joel1991:

At least let me wish you.

Happy birthday �

4 Likes

Re: 9mobile Sale: Confusion As Court Sacks Interim Board; Investor Warns Glo, Airtel by VIPERVENOM(m): 7:28am On Jan 17, 2018
joel1991:
at least you're alive. When there's life there's hope. Happy birthday. Here's your birthday gift tongue

22 Likes

Re: 9mobile Sale: Confusion As Court Sacks Interim Board; Investor Warns Glo, Airtel by Jabioro: 7:30am On Jan 17, 2018
English is a confused language..set aside,nunified,respondent where were all these people when interim bicycle get rolling to safe 9mobile..
Re: 9mobile Sale: Confusion As Court Sacks Interim Board; Investor Warns Glo, Airtel by nuelyoyo(m): 7:30am On Jan 17, 2018
Confusing

1 Like

Re: 9mobile Sale: Confusion As Court Sacks Interim Board; Investor Warns Glo, Airtel by ibkgab001: 7:34am On Jan 17, 2018
Arab jazz still working
Re: 9mobile Sale: Confusion As Court Sacks Interim Board; Investor Warns Glo, Airtel by oluFELAxy(m): 7:34am On Jan 17, 2018
Re: 9mobile Sale: Confusion As Court Sacks Interim Board; Investor Warns Glo, Airtel by yomalex(m): 7:34am On Jan 17, 2018
what is this ?
Re: 9mobile Sale: Confusion As Court Sacks Interim Board; Investor Warns Glo, Airtel by Ahmeduana(m): 7:35am On Jan 17, 2018
joel1991:
BY GODS GRACE POVERTY WILL NEVER BE YOUR POTION, MAY GOD LIFT YOU FROM GRACE TO GLORY, AMIN. WISHING YOU LONG LIFE, PROSPEROUS AND FRUITFUL YEARS.

5 Likes

Re: 9mobile Sale: Confusion As Court Sacks Interim Board; Investor Warns Glo, Airtel by hopilo: 7:38am On Jan 17, 2018
joel1991:
I prophesy to your life, 2018 poverty is banished from your life IJN. You hands to find something doing that will increase your finance IJN.
Go and prosper. Testimony coming your way soonest. Amen.

7 Likes

Re: 9mobile Sale: Confusion As Court Sacks Interim Board; Investor Warns Glo, Airtel by ustavo(m): 7:38am On Jan 17, 2018
Kai, even the news was affecting my etisalat sub b4. I hope it stabilises now wey court don talk
Re: 9mobile Sale: Confusion As Court Sacks Interim Board; Investor Warns Glo, Airtel by augster(m): 7:39am On Jan 17, 2018
joel1991:
I'm only here to wish you a happy birthday. God bless us grin

3 Likes

Re: 9mobile Sale: Confusion As Court Sacks Interim Board; Investor Warns Glo, Airtel by colossus91(m): 7:42am On Jan 17, 2018
YoungRichRuler:
Na who Etisalat offend?
Dem never comot for their back
who send them to go do 0809ja for life now they are fighting for life what an irony!!

2 Likes

Re: 9mobile Sale: Confusion As Court Sacks Interim Board; Investor Warns Glo, Airtel by UsefulTunde(m): 7:44am On Jan 17, 2018
Etisalat na only you waka come? Lol! The time I hear say Glo won buy 9mobile am like 'So now workers can buy his boss? ' Hope it is allow. Adenuga get money like kilode now.
Re: 9mobile Sale: Confusion As Court Sacks Interim Board; Investor Warns Glo, Airtel by Darkseid(m): 7:47am On Jan 17, 2018
joel1991:
No worry I go help you celebrate am. See me poping drinks for your birthday below

2 Likes

Re: 9mobile Sale: Confusion As Court Sacks Interim Board; Investor Warns Glo, Airtel by Liamm(m): 7:50am On Jan 17, 2018
The controverses surronding this deal have casted shadows of doubt consequently resulting in me backing out. I also want to buy 9mobile.

The sim card i mean grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 9mobile Sale: Confusion As Court Sacks Interim Board; Investor Warns Glo, Airtel by Simeony007(m): 7:51am On Jan 17, 2018
Them no fit dash me ni?instead of giving it to one already made billionaire make them help me na
Re: 9mobile Sale: Confusion As Court Sacks Interim Board; Investor Warns Glo, Airtel by Bossontop(m): 7:52am On Jan 17, 2018
joel1991:
Api bai'dae jareh....wullnp
Take dis one faji small...na d one wey remain from xmas and new year sales
Lol

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please Help:which Phone Can Shoot HD Quality Pictures Just Like This. / Problem Downloading Whatsapp On Nokia Asha 210 Dual Sim / How Much Is 32g M/card

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.