Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,008 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

I Have No Rift With Governor Udom- Akpabio - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Have No Rift With Governor Udom- Akpabio (522 Views)

APC Governors Meet Oshiomole Over Rift With Obaseki / No Rift Between Buhari, Osinbajo — APC Govs / Tinubu: I Have No Rift With Buhari, What You Have Been Reading Is Fake News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have No Rift With Governor Udom- Akpabio by OGreat20(m): 9:41am On Jan 16, 2018
By Francis Etuko

The Senate Minority Leader and Senator Representing Akwa Ibom North West Senatorial District, Godswill Akpabio says media speculations that he was embroiled in a rift with his successor Governor Udom Emmanuel is nothing but insinuations and the handiwork of political jobbers.

In a statement circulated by Senator Akpabio’s Special Assistant on Media, Anietie Ekong, the former Akwa Ibom state Governor says he is satisfied with the performance of Governor Udom Emmanuel as he cannot be engaged in a feud with an administration his Ikot Ekpene Senatorial District played a significant role to ensure its emergence.

“It is obvious that the concerns raised by the Senator during the end of the year stakeholders meeting organized by the Deputy Governor that all was not well was misunderstood and political jobbers sought to feast on it”.

“What the Senator said was that their House should be put in order so that the votes from Ikot Ekpene senatorial district would be put intact for Governor Emmanuel in the next election”.

“Senator Akpabio is satisfied that the areas of concerns raised by the stakeholders which were further explained by the governor during the follow-up meeting with him to the satisfaction of stakeholders present at the meeting were receiving the attention of the government” the statement read.

Akapabio commended Governor Emmanuel for working with security agencies to eliminate a notorious militant, Akaninyene Jumbo alias Iso Akpafid who has killed many citizens of Ukanafun LGA and its environs and rendered many refugees in the last one year, which he noted was another area of concern by stakeholders of Ikot Ekpene senatorial district.

He said with the killing of the hoodlum peace would return to that part of the senatorial district.

The statement stressed that Senator Akpabio had consistently pointed out that Ikot Ekpene senatorial district would stand by Governor Emmanuel and pledged the support of the people towards the re-election of the governor with its over 500,000 votes.

The statement cautioned those making inciting statements to create a wedge between the Senator and the Governor to desist from it as they were only doing so for their personal benefit.

Akpabio sued for peace in the state and advised politicians to desist from politics of hatred and blackmail which would not augur well for the Unity of Akwabasi-Ibom state.

http://wdn.com.ng/no-rift-governor-udom-akpabio/

Re: I Have No Rift With Governor Udom- Akpabio by abokibuhari: 9:42am On Jan 16, 2018
grin
Re: I Have No Rift With Governor Udom- Akpabio by OGreat20(m): 9:45am On Jan 16, 2018
Happy to hear this from Akpabio himself
Re: I Have No Rift With Governor Udom- Akpabio by ubongokon(m): 11:18am On Jan 16, 2018
Why sue for peace if u dont ve rift with him
I dont believe this poo. Akpabio is shoppi for udom's repacement

(1) (Reply)

My Actions As President Guided By Clear Conscience – Buhari / Buhari Nominates Edward Adamu As CBN Deputy Gov / My Brotherly Advise To Senator Ojudu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.