Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,831 members, 7,817,431 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:10 PM

Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest (29953 Views)

Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa – Cassper Nyovest / Married Woman Begs Cassper Nyovest To Fertilize Her As He Lands In Nigeria / Davido Congratulates Cassper Nyovest As He Sold Out 68K Stadium Capacity (Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by wiseworld: 3:49am On Jan 18, 2018
nigeria mst popular n Sa,rand and naira forget the artise name,1 of my ex south afrika like this music like craze. who the ;ell is caspr
Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by wiseworld: 3:51am On Jan 18, 2018
emmygee
Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by capacino(m): 4:18am On Jan 18, 2018
He is damn right, I remember the days of Mode 9, Terry da Rapman, Lyrical Overdose, Reminisce, A-bounce, Ruff Rugged & Raw, SixFoot Plus, just to name a few because they don’t promote such genre here.
Pangolo music is the new 9ja music, no rappers anymore but singers/noisemaker like Phyno ���

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by abbey621(m): 4:33am On Jan 18, 2018
LeSudAfricaine:
I admire your patriotism but it's a little misplaced

This has nothing to do with patriotism but pure FACTS!
Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by Halexgos3(m): 6:29am On Jan 18, 2018
I don't know this guy, is he a rapper
Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by Daejoyoung: 7:35am On Jan 18, 2018
LeSudAfricaine:
laughing, you guys have this thing against South Africa, its funny to watch at times.first all Casper is not Zulu secondly he never said he was Kanye West, he compared his popularity in SA to the popularity of Kanye West in the US, what's so unoriginal about that? and by the way how is telling the truth and attempt to trend? and lastly we value what we have since we produce a variety of music styles while you guys are stuck with that noise called Afrobeat
You are wrong, we also value a variety of music styles, even Afro House is being promoted by Niniola. The thing is the likes of Wizkid and Davido, or Yemi Alade are just the most popular.
Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by LZAA: 7:39am On Jan 18, 2018
Godhand04:
i'm a big nasty fan of nasty smiley ..... And nope , haven't listened to Boogey. Recommend me one of his tracks.
show you something
Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by iconize(m): 8:08am On Jan 18, 2018
SpareNo1:
You're the only sensible person on this thread. Nigerians are too emotional. Casper said nothing but the truth. There's no rapper/hip hop artist in Nigeria right now. It's sad. 'Talk about it' is among the last set of hiphop album in nigeRia

Modenine and AQ have been dropping mix tapes and albums.

Those who are the sickest rappers outta naij with real metaphors and punchlines.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by intruxive(m): 8:19am On Jan 18, 2018
LeSudAfricaine:
laughing, you guys have this thing against South Africa, its funny to watch at times.first all Casper is not Zulu secondly he never said he was Kanye West, he compared his popularity in SA to the popularity of Kanye West in the US, what's so unoriginal about that? and by the way how is telling the truth and attempt to trend? and lastly we value what we have since we produce a variety of music styles while you guys are stuck with that noise called Afrobeat
Noise, lol. U guys lost the originality u had when the mariam makebas, evon chakachaka and co left the scene. What u have now are a bunch of drunk guys singing trash that only makes sense to u guys in southy and the other half trying to copy american artist. Nigeria has reinvented rap, elevating the various indigenous tribes and fusing it with modern sound and the catchy flair of the afro beat. Come to nigeria and see how the over 180 million of us dont even care about any other sound cos what we hvae now is phenomenon

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by MARGIELA(m): 9:02am On Jan 18, 2018
Nigerian Music is thrash, SA is the USA of Africa,you all like Mexico

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by Mariangeles(f): 11:01am On Jan 18, 2018
[s]
LeSudAfricaine:
clearly you do. you are the first one to comment. go figure
[/s] Quit the nonsense!
Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by Trueyarn(m): 11:23am On Jan 18, 2018
LeSudAfricaine:
your argument doesn't hold water, in creating that Afrobeat sound what instruments do you use? saxophones, synthesisers, guitars etc , are those instruments African? unlike you who only have the so called Afrobeat, South Africa is a diverse country with diverse musical tastes, House music is big in SA, it is genre we did not invent but we are better than anyone in it , is there a DJ bigger than Black coffee on the continent? your assertions that we fail to export house music shows you don't even understand what house music is about. you can call hip hop fake all you want but it's due to the fact that you suck at it and it hurts

Wow, so you said house music is big in south Africa, are you aware that fuji music is also big in Nigeria, Black Coffee is big and so is Pasuma wonder. Now stay woke, I am not talking about what's big in a country I am talking about the world scene. MOBO came and went and best African act and best international act awards all went to AfroBeats artists Davido and Wizkid respectively. Where was that big house music artist or south African Rapper? That should tell you guys that the whole world is watching and the know the best sound from Africa. You guys should promote more of your local content and stop playing second fiddle.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by Funnas(f): 11:28am On Jan 18, 2018
abeg who him be?cuz we don't know him here at the glass house Nigerians pls let's try promote our own. see na
Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by CHUKWUNOLOGICAL(m): 1:06pm On Jan 18, 2018
LeSudAfricaine:
there are people who do not know the legendary Nas by the way

But they know P Diddy, Jay z, Tu Pac, Lil Wayne and co abi?
Mr Man! who them nor know, them nor know, Who nor get level, nor get level. U nor fit change am. . . You hear. . .?
Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by Austinoiz(m): 2:42pm On Jan 18, 2018
IronPants:

I am a die hard hip hop/rap lover due to my early exposure to rap and hip hop music, which has infected and taken over my system. I don't just listen to naija jams because something is just missing, I just find it empty and unappealing.

Then I realized there's none doing rap/hip hop jams in Nigeria.
Logic 1800 on feat. Alicia Kara x Khalid always on repeat. Back to my music.
Your comment is on point bro.

You're welcome mate.
Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by Austinoiz(m): 2:45pm On Jan 18, 2018
abbey621:

Who is more popular around the world, Casper or Olamide? Before you answer, you might want to check Itunes sales, concert records and number of albums sold. The fact remains strictly hip hop will never sell in 9ja, our rappers had to redefine themselves in order to stay relevant!

Your last sentence just answered your question. Again, I insist, most of our rappers are whack and lyrically empty.
Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jan 18, 2018
the fact is No country in Africa has strong vocalists and more soulful music than the mighty RSA..FACT

we've been doing this since the 50's and as for why our hip hop is bigger than anywhere on the continent...well Hip Hop has always been part of SA culture and we never really looked at it as an "American thing" rather as a tool for black youth to use against injustices.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by abbey621(m): 6:21pm On Jan 18, 2018
Austinoiz:

Your last sentence just answered your question. Again, I insist, most of our rappers are whack and lyrically empty.

So are most rappers in the USA, so what's your point?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by Daejoyoung: 6:23pm On Jan 18, 2018
Jayceon:
the fact is No country in Africa has strong vocalists and more soulful music than the mighty RSA..FACT

we've been doing this since the 50's and as for why our hip hop is bigger than anywhere on the continent...well Hip Hop has always been part of SA culture and we never really looked at it as an "American thing" rather as a tool for black youth to use against injustices.
Your first paragraph is subjective not factual.
Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by LeSudAfricaine: 6:26pm On Jan 18, 2018
CHUKWUNOLOGICAL:

But they know P Diddy, Jay z, Tu Pac, Lil Wayne and co abi?
Mr Man! who them nor know, them nor know, Who nor get level, nor get level. U nor fit change am. . . You hear. . .?
write proper English
Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jan 18, 2018
Daejoyoung:

Your first paragraph is subjective not factual.
you reckon??
Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by LeSudAfricaine: 6:34pm On Jan 18, 2018
Trueyarn:

Wow, so you said house music is big in south Africa, are you aware that fuji music is also big in Nigeria, Black Coffee is big and so is Pasuma wonder. Now stay woke, I am not talking about what's big in a country I am talking about the world scene. MOBO came and went and best African act and best international act awards all went to AfroBeats artists Davido and Wizkid respectively. Where was that big house music artist or south African Rapper? That should tell you guys that the whole world is watching and the know the best sound from Africa. You guys should promote more of your local content and stop playing second fiddle.
laughing, the likes of MOBO are glorified popularity contests, they are not based on quality, so is BET, if the likes of 2 chainz can win such awards ,lol.playing second fiddle to who? delusions of grandeur much? lemme ask you, which country has most Grammy's in Africa? arguably the greatest achievement in music? the same South Africa that you claim plays second fiddle. South Africa is a diverse country and the diverse genres mirror it's people.I know you'll argue this but the best music comes from South Africa and for one reason. only, variety. in Nigeria it's Afrobeat or nothing. that's not stimulating or healthy.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by LeSudAfricaine: 6:35pm On Jan 18, 2018
Mariangeles:
[s][/s] Quit the nonsense!
truth hurts guy, chin up and tuck it in
Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by Daejoyoung: 6:37pm On Jan 18, 2018
LeSudAfricaine:
laughing, the likes of MOBO are glorified popularity contests, they are not based on quality, so is BET, if the likes of 2 chainz can win such awards ,lol.playing second fiddle to who? delusions of grandeur much? lemme ask you, which country has most Grammy's in Africa? arguably the greatest achievement in music? the same South Africa that you claim plays second fiddle. South Africa is a diverse country and the diverse genres mirror it's people.I know you'll argue this but the best music comes from South Africa and for one reason. only, variety. in Nigeria it's Afrobeat or nothing. that's not stimulating or healthy.
Do you know how popular Asa is in Nigeria? Even M.I ruled the naija airwaves in his time, say what you know only. We have seen rappers and many other genres of music, this is just the era of Afrobeats moreso from the days of Khona and DamiDuro.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by Emac34: 6:39pm On Jan 18, 2018
LeSudAfricaine:
you are comparing the likes of Nasty C to the overrated autotuned noise of wizkid? blasphemy!
why is Nasty C not being overrated Wizkid is Wizkid there is none like him

don't quote me again
Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by LeSudAfricaine: 6:42pm On Jan 18, 2018
intruxive:

Noise, lol. U guys lost the originality u had when the mariam makebas, evon chakachaka and co left the scene. What u have now are a bunch of drunk guys singing trash that only makes sense to u guys in southy and the other half trying to copy american artist. Nigeria has reinvented rap, elevating the various indigenous tribes and fusing it with modern sound and the catchy flair of the afro beat. Come to nigeria and see how the over 180 million of us dont even care about any other sound cos what we hvae now is phenomenon
and yet you don't even know we still have the likes of Zahara, The Soil, The Muffinz, etc .The popularity of your two noisemakers makes you think you guys have arrived, lol. it's funny to watch at times. let's quit the bull, when it comes to music SA has no mate in Africa, we don't rely on one genre of music, lemme ask you , can rock bands, electro , opera, techno thrive in Naija? the answer is No! because Naija wants to hear Pon Pon music only, devoid of lyricism and substance,.. in a nutshell your market is not sophisticated enough, not at the level of SA

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by Emac34: 6:42pm On Jan 18, 2018
TboTouch:
You dont know what to say you just put up comments just for the sake of commenting.
I'm not commenting for anything else guy ..check my profile you will know better

check my first post, i'm not a rap fan
Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by Emac34: 6:45pm On Jan 18, 2018
OHIsIManuEL:

is wizkid or davido a rapper??
na wa
don't just jump from nowhere and quote me

try reading my earlier post
Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by LeSudAfricaine: 6:50pm On Jan 18, 2018
Daejoyoung:

You are wrong, we also value a variety of music styles, even Afro House is being promoted by Niniola. The thing is the likes of Wizkid and Davido, or Yemi Alade are just the most popular.
I'm not saying you don't have other styles, I'm saying you wont go anywhere doing rock music in Naija for example, your market is not sophisticated enough. in SA a Jazz artist like Hugh Masikela is still big to this day, fills venues like the cape town jazz festival and so forth, south Africa's gospel industry is highly successful , it's artist regularly sell gold, afro soul artists like Zahara, Nathi, Lira, Zonke also sell platinum records are highly popular, House artists like Black Coffee, Culoe de Song, mi Casa, fill clubs, concerts , collaborate with international artists etc SA house is regarded as the best in the world, and you have rock bands like Prime Circle and The Partitioned doing their thing, Opera legends line Sbongile khumalo and Sibongule Mngoma still fill opera house both locally and abroad and then you have the hip hop. honestly can you compare with this? can you compare with South Africans vocally? ,can you match SA music production ethics? music videos? overall music industry structure? t he answer is No

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by LeSudAfricaine: 6:51pm On Jan 18, 2018
abbey621:

This has nothing to do with patriotism but pure FACTS!
ignorance is bliss. go on knock yourself out

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by LeSudAfricaine: 6:53pm On Jan 18, 2018
Emac34:
why is Nasty C not being overrated Wizkid is Wizkid there is none like him

don't quote me again
why should I not? wizkid is neither lyrical or vocal or whatever, his claim to fame is paying US artists for cameo roles

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by TboTouch: 6:53pm On Jan 18, 2018
LeSudAfricaine:
Le Sud you always put it better.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Okey Bakassi Blames Goalkeeper Akpeyi For Super Eagle Loss To Algeria / Wizkid Wins BET "Best African International Act" Award / Anna Ebiere Dedicates Her Daughter In Church (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.