Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,855 members, 7,824,559 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:35 PM

Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest - Celebrities (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest (30008 Views)

Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa – Cassper Nyovest / Married Woman Begs Cassper Nyovest To Fertilize Her As He Lands In Nigeria / Davido Congratulates Cassper Nyovest As He Sold Out 68K Stadium Capacity (Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by LZAA: 8:30am On Jan 19, 2018
noob03saibot:
true. I remember those whack sub genres, hiphop needs a saviour right now both in America and in naija. America is not a problem, cause theirs is just a phase, my worry is here. Naija, it's like the people are not ready to hear hiphop and even sef the media isn't helping matters. You hear the same bull sh!t everyday on the radio. Every up and coming act sounds the same. I can't differentiate them from wizkid. And the radio gives them props, damn!!! The media n djs have a positive role to play in the revival of hiphop in this country. Well hopefully, someone will take the bull by the horn soon. And as for olamide, I like the dude a lot when he actually raps. And when he RAPS, he is good. But he sef done dey compete with them davido kind songs, which is good for his bank account but not hiphop in our country.
true bro
Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by samzzycash(m): 9:03am On Jan 19, 2018
[quote author=paultogo post=64322836][/quote] next time before you quote me don't leave your brain behind. Who and you Is behaving like illiterate.. I never said wizkid is a rapper your brain tiny should be functional enough for you to know that was just a little bit of humor. I never said we are better than them in rap music but No matter how good they are with their hip hop people will still prefer nigerian jams anytime..
Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by Daejoyoung: 9:13am On Jan 19, 2018
jerohdahero:
Casper spoke the truth. He is popular, (if you listen to rap music you should know him). He dropped an amazing song titled mama i made it. He featured M.I and burna boi on one of his songs. This same guy said in an interview that M.I is the best in Africa. Rap music is not in anyway dead in Nigeria. The issue is the media, "popular demand" and this "street ti take over" rants by "local rappers". Men like Paybac, Modenine, Terry tha rapman(he is dropping an album on the 28th of January) Jesse jagz(he dropped an album last year) Boogey( he is the best rapper in Nigeria nay Africa. He is that good) are still doing serious rap in Nigeria. Understand things b4 u conclude. Nasty C is not as half as good as Eriggha. Not to talk of rappers like Lord V, or A.Q
Thank you very much, other genres are far from dead in Nigeria, but for some reason the media promotes only the most popular to the world.
Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by OHIsIManuEL(m): 2:50pm On Jan 19, 2018
Emac34:
don't just jump from nowhere and quote me

try reading my earlier post
not interested, I'm only letting you know you went out of context
Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by Mercyclaire: 4:39pm On Jan 19, 2018
This guy eh.. out of all the countries in the globe they are know but unknown in SA I won't say anything cause u yourself you are unknown globally but know only in your country.. Tell your artists to stop begging us to feature in your songs...Thanks to Runtown who gave light to said by nasty C... Not to start mentioning some few!!!!!

N by the way how many of your female artists or solo artists have recognition worldwide ?? Or who among all of you can stand against Davido n Wizkid.. Don't make me add Tubaba to the list..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by LeSudAfricaine: 6:58pm On Jan 19, 2018
intruxive:

Relax boy, u starting to sound incoherent. Let me school you so u can help start the revolution in SA (though u are late and behind)
We do rap perfectly, we just have moved to doing rap with our indigenous dialects, no one in the entire southan coast of africa can stand, phyno, olamide, reminisce, vector or even falz. But they have chosen to do it in our own unique way......and boy they keep selling out concerts in UK, US, CANADA and virtually across europe. If u doubt google is ur friend. Even sarkodie fom ghana trumps all ur fake ass copy cats who call themselves SA kanye west grin
Like I said earlier on we are no longer on the same level wit ur fake ass, and I just blame sound city who is trying to sound continent friendly by spreading their awards to other African artist. Truth is if u run poll on nigerian streets out of a hundred u cant get 5 ppl who know casper nyovest grin
you lost all your remaining credibility by mentioning the likes of Phyno and Olamide as rappers, gringringrin they are wack asf, lol. Olamide was even reduced to a back up singer on that track "Particula' because you guys know you can't be possibly on the same track with Nasty C! continue living in fool's paradise bro gringrin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by LeSudAfricaine: 7:13pm On Jan 19, 2018
Mercyclaire:
This guy eh.. out of all the countries in the globe they are know but unknown in SA I won't say anything cause u yourself you are unknown globally but know only in your country.. Tell your artists to stop begging us to feature in your songs...Thanks to Runtown who gave light to said by nasty C... Not to start mentioning some few!!!!!

N by the way how many of your female artists or solo artists have recognition worldwide ?? Or who among all of you can stand against Davido n Wizkid.. Don't make me add Tubaba to the list..
Casper is known only in South Africa? really? I suspect you do not have a Twitter account where your youth ask Casper to come to Naija daily,! nobody begs your artists , they are always in SA anyway shooting videos trying to make them beautiful because let's face it, we all know how it is over there gringrin
there fact that you guys keep dragging the likes of Davido and Wizkid in a hip hop discussion proves that you guys are out of your depth

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by intruxive(m): 10:53pm On Jan 19, 2018
LeSudAfricaine:
you lost all your remaining credibility by mentioning the likes of Phyno and Olamide as rappers, gringringrin they are wack asf, lol. Olamide was even reduced to a back up singer on that track "Particula' because you guys know you can't be possibly on the same track with Nasty C! continue living in fool's paradise bro gringrin
Now I know u know nothing. Particular was a collabo that had 3 nigerian artist on it, and olamide wasnt on it, it was ice prince, pato ranking and jidena. Olamide is bigger than all ur wack ass soweto fake ass wannabes grin
Niga pls...... take a back seat and be humble
Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jan 21, 2018
LeSudAfricaine:
you are comparing the likes of Nasty C to the overrated autotuned noise of wizkid? blasphemy!
I agree, it's blasphemous
Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by kudosen(m): 6:35pm On Apr 12, 2019
we have a few ones that are known there, I have friends that are there that say they play some of our rap over the radio.
If you doubt, you can go witness for yourself, https://timbu.com/ will give you the best travel, adventure, and accommodation bookings wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Halima Abubakar: My Father Took Me To Doctors To Check My Virginity / Bukola Saraki Meets Patoranking (Photos) / Iyanya,Kcee & E-money Hang Out Together,Show Off Their Swags(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.