Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,484 members, 7,816,147 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:37 AM

Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest - Celebrities (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest (29934 Views)

Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa – Cassper Nyovest / Married Woman Begs Cassper Nyovest To Fertilize Her As He Lands In Nigeria / Davido Congratulates Cassper Nyovest As He Sold Out 68K Stadium Capacity (Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by abbey621(m): 6:55pm On Jan 18, 2018
LeSudAfricaine:
ignorance is bliss. go on knock yourself out

Said the kettle to the pot grin
Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by LeSudAfricaine: 6:56pm On Jan 18, 2018
TboTouch:
Remember guys SA came way back with rap. E.g Prophets of Da City.
exactly! they somehow think we started now, lol. I hear things like we took the rap mantle from them, I'm like what? bro there were likes of Amu, Selwyn, Snazzy, Skwatta, Cashless Society etc where was Naija?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by LeSudAfricaine: 6:57pm On Jan 18, 2018
MARGIELA:
Nigerian Music is thrash, SA is the USA of Africa,you all like Mexico
Damn straight grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jan 18, 2018
LeSudAfricaine:
laughing, the likes of MOBO are glorified popularity contests, they are not based on quality, so is BET, if the likes of 2 chainz can win such awards ,lol.playing second fiddle to who? delusions of grandeur much? lemme ask you, which country has most Grammy's in Africa? arguably the greatest achievement in music? the same South Africa that you claim plays second fiddle. South Africa is a diverse country and the diverse genres mirror it's people.I know you'll argue this but the best music comes from South Africa and for one reason. only, variety. in Nigeria it's Afrobeat or nothing. that's not stimulating or healthy.
I like this..this whole post just sums up the beauty of diversity.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by TboTouch: 6:59pm On Jan 18, 2018
There is Choral music also, on that one SA is light years ahead. Diversity! Diversity!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by Daejoyoung: 7:00pm On Jan 18, 2018
LeSudAfricaine:
I'm not saying you don't have other styles, I'm saying you wont go anywhere doing rock music in Naija for example, your market is not sophisticated enough. in SA a Jazz artist like Hugh Masikela is still big to this day, fills venues like the cape town jazz festival and so forth, south Africa's gospel industry is highly successful , it's artist regularly sell gold, afro soul artists like Zahara, Nathi, Lira, Zonke also sell platinum records are highly popular, House artists like Black Coffee, Culoe de Song, mi Casa, fill clubs, concerts , collaborate with international artists etc SA house is regarded as the best in the world, and you have rock bands like Prime Circle and The Partitioned doing their thing, Opera legends line Sbongile khumalo and Sibongule Mngoma still fill opera house both locally and abroad and then you have the hip hop. honestly can you compare with this? can you compare with South Africans vocally? ,can you match SA music production ethics? music videos? overall music industry structure? t he answer is No
lol, you know all these about SA, so you assume Nigerian music industry is worse than these? l agree TODAY afropop rules than anything else in Nigeria unlike SA, but l do not agree your vocalists, production ethics or videos can match Nigeria. Your overall music industry structure does not beat Nigeria, the problem people have when they talk about Nigerian music is that they only think about wizkid and Davido or Olamide. Naija music is way bigger than that.
lt is true SA is more diverse in terms of race, but of course we have the most diverse of African cultures, so you can be sure Naija is not all about wizkid.
The reason for the popularity of Afropop now is that this is the era of the pon pon beat, and so the others are underground but they are there nonetheless.
Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by LeSudAfricaine: 7:02pm On Jan 18, 2018
I know jealous ones will envy but compare US hip hop to SA currently, the likes of Migos, Rae Sremmurd, Lil, catchy, Dram, Gucci Mane, Future, Young Thug, etc compare them with South Africans like A_Reece, Youngsta, Sean Eagle, NastyC, Kwesta, Reason, Stogie T etc I could argue that South African hip hop beats US hip hop black and blue

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by Daejoyoung: 7:07pm On Jan 18, 2018
LeSudAfricaine:
I know jealous ones will envy but compare US hip hop to SA currently, the likes of Migos, Rae Sremmurd, Lil, catchy, Dram, Gucci Mane, Future, Young Thug, etc compare them with South Africans like A_Reece, Youngsta, Sean Eagle, NastyC, Kwesta, Reason, Stogie T etc I could argue that South African hip hop beats US hip hop black and blue
Hiphop is no longer as it used to be, the value today cannot be compared to the late nineties or early 2000's.
Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jan 18, 2018
LeSudAfricaine:
exactly! they somehow think we started now, lol. I hear things like we took the rap mantle from them, I'm like what? bro there were likes of Amu, Selwyn, Snazzy, Skwatta, Cashless Society etc where was Naija?
And don't forget Black Noise from Cape Town.rap in SA go as back as early 80's,clowns think we just started with it
Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by LeSudAfricaine: 7:08pm On Jan 18, 2018
Daejoyoung:

lol, you know all these about SA, so you assume Nigerian music industry is worse than these? l agree TODAY afropop rules than anything else in Nigeria unlike SA, but l do not agree your vocalists, production ethics or videos can match Nigeria. Your overall music industry structure does not beat Nigeria, the problem people have when they talk about Nigerian music is that they only think about wizkid and Davido or Olamide. Naija music is way bigger than that.
lt is true SA is more diverse in terms of race, but of course we have the most diverse of African cultures, so you can be sure Naija is not all about wizkid.
Vocally South Africans are better. it's a fact, it's been like that forever since Makeba, Fassie et al. that's is why the Soweto Gospel Choir keeps winning Grammy's, I know it's hard to accept, listen to house beats of South Africa and you will realise that's why House legends like Monique Bingham, Rulf gums of this world now call South Africa home, dude you can't even dream of replicating SA hip hop beats, it's a fact, even M.I. raps on what's sounds to be tribal beats, everything in Naija sounds tribal, Davido, Patoranking etc all sounds the same, Naija is missing variety bro and that's a fact! South African music is similar to its movies quality!

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by LeSudAfricaine: 7:09pm On Jan 18, 2018
Jayceon:
And don't forget Black Noise from Cape Town.rap in SA go as back as early 80's,clowns think we just started with it
they are taking chances
Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by LeSudAfricaine: 7:10pm On Jan 18, 2018
Daejoyoung:

Hiphop is no longer as it used to be, the value today cannot be compared to the late nineties or early 2000's.
that's true, but when one giant fall another awakes
Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by Emac34: 7:12pm On Jan 18, 2018
LeSudAfricaine:
why should I not? wizkid is neither lyrical or vocal or whatever, his claim to fame is paying US artists for cameo roles
are you his manager stop saying what you don't know
Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by LeSudAfricaine: 7:14pm On Jan 18, 2018
TboTouch:
There is Choral music also, on that one SA is light years ahead. Diversity! Diversity!
that's the point I keep on drumming, I'll make an example, Nigeria,'s economy is bigger than that of South Africa but South Africa's economy is far more sophisticated because the economy is diversified, you have manufacturing, you have the gold and diamond etc, you have the tourism etc, in Naija you have the oil and that's pretty much it! now you can't claim you are better than SA in music while your industry relies heavily on one genre against South Africa's house,Gqom, Afro Soul, Hip Hop, Opera, Techno, Rnb, Pop etc

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by LeSudAfricaine: 7:15pm On Jan 18, 2018
Emac34:
are you his manager stop saying what you don't know
you sounds frustrated
Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by Mariangeles(f): 7:21pm On Jan 18, 2018
LeSudAfricaine:
truth hurts guy, chin up and tuck it in
You're too old for this kind of shallow arguments...like I said " who cares?", I clearly don't.
So, look for someone who does and get off my nerves and off my mention...thank you
Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by LeSudAfricaine: 7:21pm On Jan 18, 2018
Daejoyoung:

You are wrong, we also value a variety of music styles, even Afro House is being promoted by Niniola. The thing is the likes of Wizkid and Davido, or Yemi Alade are just the most popular.
Niniola is the one that does Maradona ne? that's hardly house music but another Pon Pon track

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by Daejoyoung: 7:22pm On Jan 18, 2018
LeSudAfricaine:
that's the point I keep on drumming, I'll make an example, Nigeria,'s economy is bigger than that of South Africa but South Africa's economy is far more sophisticated because the economy is diversified, you have manufacturing, you have the gold and diamond etc, you have the tourism etc, in Naija you have the oil and that's pretty much it! now you can't claim you are better than SA in music while your industry relies heavily on one genre against South Africa's house,Gqom, Afro Soul, Hip Hop, Opera, Techno, Rnb, Pop etc
lol, so you also think the Nigerian economy is all about oil? just the way you think Nigerian music is all about afropop. Your analogy with oil is spot on.
People believe the Nigerian economy is majorly about oil just like libya(which is half truth) and in same way you only see Afrobeats when it comes to Nigerian music. Now l get you completely.
Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by Daejoyoung: 7:23pm On Jan 18, 2018
LeSudAfricaine:
Niniola is the one that does Maradona ne? that's hardly house music but another Pon Pon track
So house music would be only what South Africa accepts then? lt's called Afro house music, it's a blend with her native Yoruba tradition. Others like SARO exemplifies her style perfectly.
Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by LeSudAfricaine: 7:23pm On Jan 18, 2018
Mariangeles:
You're too old for this kind of shallow arguments...like I said " who cares?", I clearly don't.
So, look for someone who does and get off my nerves and off my mention...thank you
you guy are a joke,lol. you keep on saying stuff like "who cares?" but you all over my posts like a bad rash, clearly you give damn
Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by Emac34: 7:24pm On Jan 18, 2018
LeSudAfricaine:
you sounds frustrated
and you sound stupid
Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by LeSudAfricaine: 7:24pm On Jan 18, 2018
Daejoyoung:

So house music would be only what South Africa accepts then? lt's called Afro house music, it's a blend with her native Yoruba tradition.
It's African music no doubt but it's hardly house.
Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by LeSudAfricaine: 7:25pm On Jan 18, 2018
Emac34:
and you sound stupid
laughing, ok Einstein

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by LeSudAfricaine: 7:26pm On Jan 18, 2018
Daejoyoung:

lol, so you also think the Nigerian economy is all about oil? just the way you think Nigerian music is all about afropop. Your analogy with oil is spot on.
People believe the Nigerian economy is majorly about oil just like libya(which is half truth) and in same way you only see Afrobeats when it comes to Nigerian music. Now l get you completely.
ah come on, your economy is all about oil, oil and more oil, that's a fact of life.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by Daejoyoung: 7:27pm On Jan 18, 2018
LeSudAfricaine:
ah come on, your economy is all about oil, oil and more oil, that's a fact of life.
ls your economy all about gold and mining? What is the percentage of the oil sector in the Nigerian GDP?
Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by Emac34: 7:27pm On Jan 18, 2018
LeSudAfricaine:
laughing, ok Einstein
cheesycheesy peace bro
Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by LeSudAfricaine: 7:28pm On Jan 18, 2018
Daejoyoung:

ls your economy all about gold and mining?
let's just say it's far more diversified than Naija's economy

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by Daejoyoung: 7:29pm On Jan 18, 2018
LeSudAfricaine:
let's just say it's far more diversified than Naija's economy
ok, oil is just about 15% of the Nigerian GDP tho but I'm tired of this argument, you win
Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by TboTouch: 7:32pm On Jan 18, 2018
Isicathamiya (Genre)was started way back in the mines a past time for men working in the mines during the apartheid days. But look where it is now, its collecting Grammy's like nobody's business. Do yourself a favour and download Ladysmith Black Mambazo - "Homeless". That song is really speaking with one's soul. Diversity! Diversity!
Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by LeSudAfricaine: 7:37pm On Jan 18, 2018
TboTouch:
Isicathamiya (Genre)was started way back in the mines a past time for men working in the mines during the apartheid days. But look where it is now, its collecting Grammy's like nobody's business. Do yourself a favour and download Ladysmith Black Mambazo - "Homeless". That song is really speaking with one's soul. Diversity! Diversity!
And they say we do not export our culture to the world

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jan 18, 2018
LeSudAfricaine:
Many South Africans love that song,it's closer to house music than many naija songs I guess
Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by LeSudAfricaine: 7:39pm On Jan 18, 2018
Jayceon:
Many South Africans love that song,it's closer to house music than many naija songs I guess
its not a bad track at all

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Davido And Mama Rainbow Pictured Together On Set / Reasons Seun Egbegbe’s Phone Theft Denial Don't Add Up / "We can Never Rundown" Tekno Babymama Lola Rae Happily Sings for Tekno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.