Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,603 members, 7,816,500 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:05 PM

Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest - Celebrities (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest (29936 Views)

Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa – Cassper Nyovest / Married Woman Begs Cassper Nyovest To Fertilize Her As He Lands In Nigeria / Davido Congratulates Cassper Nyovest As He Sold Out 68K Stadium Capacity (Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by intruxive(m): 8:29pm On Jan 18, 2018
LeSudAfricaine:
and yet you don't even know we still have the likes of Zahara, The Soil, The Muffinz, etc .The popularity of your two noisemakers makes you think you guys have arrived, lol. it's funny to watch at times. let's quit the bull, when it comes to music SA has no mate in Africa, we don't rely on one genre of music, lemme ask you , can rock bands, electro , opera, techno thrive in Naija? the answer is No! because Naija wants to hear Pon Pon music only, devoid of lyricism and substance,.. in a nutshell your market is not sophisticated enough, not at the level of SA
Roflmao grin
Whats rock, elecro, opera. Thats why I said u guys just copy what u see from america throwing away ur inherited unique sound everyone once loved. I remember when nkomboti was national anthem while I was a kid. But now all I see is ur toy raper casper trying to sound like 5 different american rappers at the same time. Pls spare me the bull and u guys should go fix urselfs as for wizkid and davido, those two combine will bury all ur musicians in SA (popularity contest)
Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by CHUKWUNOLOGICAL(m): 9:05pm On Jan 18, 2018
LeSudAfricaine:
write proper English

Mr Prof. Is English your language? Do u know the history of English language?
Funny, U can't stand me in English, even when am asleep. Just know this now.
Dude! Get lost, you are not worth it, i don't waste my time on people like u.
Please, check next door.
Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by LeSudAfricaine: 9:14pm On Jan 18, 2018
intruxive:

Roflmao grin
Whats rock, elecro, opera. Thats why I said u guys just copy what u see from america throwing away ur inherited unique sound everyone once loved. I remember when nkomboti was national anthem while I was a kid. But now all I see is ur toy raper casper trying to sound like 5 different american rappers at the same time. Pls spare me the bull and u gu should go fix urselfs as for wizkid and davido, those two combine will bury all ur musicians in SA (popularity contest)
Nigerians and stupid reasoning? how is doing electro trying to copy Americans? that's like saying playing football is trying to copy the English. Oh the irony "we should fix ourselves?" lol, I thought your wack ass rapper M.I. already told your so called rappers to fix themselves or continue being murdered by the South, lmao, not my words, lol. of course you had to specify that they stand a better chance in popularity because you know when it comes to quality theyll be found wanting

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by LeSudAfricaine: 9:15pm On Jan 18, 2018
CHUKWUNOLOGICAL:

Mr Prof. Is English your language? Do u know the history of English language?
Funny, U can't stand me in English, even when am asleep. Just know this now.
Dude! Get lost, you are not worth it, i don't waste my time on people like u.
Please, check next door.
like I said write proper English
Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by CHUKWUNOLOGICAL(m): 9:19pm On Jan 18, 2018
LeSudAfricaine:
like I said write proper English

okay! I now understand, u should have told me that U are unable to defend ur points. Loser!!!
Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by LeSudAfricaine: 9:25pm On Jan 18, 2018
CHUKWUNOLOGICAL:

okay! I now understand, u should have told me that U are unable to defend ur points. Loser!!!
for me to defend my points I have to understand what's written first.

you don't make much sense when you write

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by noob03saibot(m): 9:33pm On Jan 18, 2018
LZAA:

looooolz no
montana of 300
check him out
I knew it was 300 you were referring to. I knew him during the panda craze. He had some bars on it.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jan 18, 2018
intruxive:

Roflmao grin
Whats rock, elecro, opera. Thats why I said u guys just copy what u see from america throwing away ur inherited unique sound everyone once loved. I remember when nkomboti was national anthem while I was a kid. But now all I see is ur toy raper casper trying to sound like 5 different american rappers at the same time. Pls spare me the bull and u guys should go fix urselfs as for wizkid and davido, those two combine will bury all ur musicians in SA (popularity contest)
your reasoning needs some improving.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by CHUKWUNOLOGICAL(m): 9:54pm On Jan 18, 2018
LeSudAfricaine:
for me to defend my points I have to understand what's written first.

you don't make much sense when you write

please, shut up!
Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by noob03saibot(m): 9:57pm On Jan 18, 2018
jelel6:

Bros me self fear ohh, I nearly fall for bed when I heard Montana. all this mainstream rappers sef.
Lol Hahahahahahaha!!! Not only you. American rap, their mainstream rap is pure rubbish currently. I don't watch mtv and trace tv no more. Every sh!t there irritates me. Just imagine, yung thug and the likes. If you want to enjoy American hiphop, Abeg listen to those that ain't on mtv or trace. And that montana 300 guy is dope. Same with nf, joyner and logic.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by LZAA: 10:35pm On Jan 18, 2018
LeSudAfricaine:
Niniola is the one that does Maradona ne? that's hardly house music but another Pon Pon track
grin grin
Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by LZAA: 10:38pm On Jan 18, 2018
noob03saibot:
Lol Hahahahahahaha!!! Not only you. American rap, their mainstream rap is pure rubbish currently. I don't watch mtv and trace tv no more. Every sh!t there irritates me. Just imagine, yung thug and the likes. If you want to enjoy American hiphop, Abeg listen to those that ain't on mtv or trace. And that montana 300 guy is dope. Same with nf, joyner and logic.
bro no be only u
but rap alwys goes thru ds phases
remember crunk rap,new jack swing?
it will be back but e go tey based on d drugs and gayism pushed in music today
like badoo wee say almost evry1na science student grin
Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by Mariangeles(f): 10:49pm On Jan 18, 2018
[s]
LeSudAfricaine:
you guy are a joke,lol. you keep on saying stuff like "who cares?" but you all over my posts like a bad rash, clearly you give damn
[/s]
Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by skeletonkey(m): 11:37pm On Jan 18, 2018
LeSudAfricaine:
I'm not saying you don't have other styles, I'm saying you wont go anywhere doing rock music in Naija for example, your market is not sophisticated enough. in SA a Jazz artist like Hugh Masikela is still big to this day, fills venues like the cape town jazz festival and so forth, south Africa's gospel industry is highly successful , it's artist regularly sell gold, afro soul artists like Zahara, Nathi, Lira, Zonke also sell platinum records are highly popular, House artists like Black Coffee, Culoe de Song, mi Casa, fill clubs, concerts , collaborate with international artists etc SA house is regarded as the best in the world, and you have rock bands like Prime Circle and The Partitioned doing their thing, Opera legends line Sbongile khumalo and Sibongule Mngoma still fill opera house both locally and abroad and then you have the hip hop. honestly can you compare with this? can you compare with South Africans vocally? ,can you match SA music production ethics? music videos? overall music industry structure? t he answer is No
my dear don't bother, we Nigerians don't have a clue what diversity means

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by intruxive(m): 11:53pm On Jan 18, 2018
LeSudAfricaine:
Nigerians and stupid reasoning? how is doing electro trying to copy Americans? that's like saying playing football is trying to copy the English. Oh the irony "we should fix ourselves?" lol, I thought your wack ass rapper M.I. already told your so called rappers to fix themselves or continue being murdered by the South, lmao, not my words, lol. of course you had to specify that they stand a better chance in popularity because you know when it comes to quality theyll be found wanting
And who told u MI is relevant anymore? Pls he is in the archives as long as music I nigeria is concerned,u cant compare with football because football doesn't have variety, but music does, same way u cant say the indians are wack because they don't sing opera and rock. I repeat SA has identity crises and am guessing its feom the apartied era, u guys see everything white as superior. Sorry to bust ur bubble..... we don with that hr in nigeria. We are taking over the world and guess what...... we are doing it our way. U may stick to ur copycat rap ishh. We want non of that, lol
Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by Daejoyoung: 11:58pm On Jan 18, 2018
skeletonkey:

Why not speak for yourself, the Nigerian music scene is diverse, that a particular genre is the most popular doesn't change that. There are afro soul singers, Fuji, juju, rap, etc. The rap is not that advanced l agree, but most Nigerians just wanna club and dance in the party, doesn't mean they wouldn't play Asa, Simi, Ben, Johnny drille or Adekunle gold in the morning. l personally enjoy Falz(you may not like his songs simply because he playfully imbibes the local accent) and of course there are gospel artists like Sinach and Nathaniel Bassey. What I'm saying is that club music is what Nigerians wanna listen to in shows of course, but it doesn't mean other genres are not appreciated.
Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by Daejoyoung: 12:04am On Jan 19, 2018
intruxive:

And who told u MI is relevant anymore? Pls he is in the archives as long as music I nigeria is concerned,u cant compare with football because football doesn't have variety, but music does, same way u cant say the indians are wack because they don't sing opera and rock. I repeat SA has identity crises and am guessing its feom the apartied era, u guys see everything white as superior. Sorry to bust ur bubble..... we don with that hr in nigeria. We are taking over the world and guess what...... we are doing it our way. U may stick to ur copycat rap ishh. We want non of that, lol
Maybe for them, it must look more western to be superior, and so all local beats are referred to as pon pon beat.
l believe in the fusion of both the western and our native style, we must promote our own beats with few spices from the west.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by paultogo: 12:05am On Jan 19, 2018
samzzycash:
Okay they are only Good in the rap game
But I bet if he was performing at a club in South Africa and the Dj plays Wizkid MANYA they will chase him Away from the stage and start Grooving.
We Nigerian we behavior like illiterate sometimes mean rapper not affro beat artist like their wizkid and the rest that's what MI we talking about that Nigerian rapper should fixed up there life rapper turning to singer just to get more popular

Meanwhile
Did you steal meat from the soup
Americans:No i did not steal meat from the soup
Nigerians:Meat..?,Me..?,Steal..?
Which pot..?,How..?,When..?

Me that has been in my room since...
Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by LeSudAfricaine: 12:54am On Jan 19, 2018
intruxive:

please quote where I say when you do not do opera etc you're wack? im talking about variety , there is no white or black music , music is music, the same rock was derived from black people. football does not have variety but sport has, you can choose not to play football because it's an English invention but participate in your own indengenous games, nobody forces you to play football but you do, and football is not an African invention, you say something is American when it suits you, problem is you know you can't keep up when it comes to hip hop then you resort to all sorts of excuses and please stop projecting , there is no African nation I know that worships white people like Nigeria hence you still long for recolonisation

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by LeSudAfricaine: 12:55am On Jan 19, 2018
skeletonkey:

it is very apparent
Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by LeSudAfricaine: 12:56am On Jan 19, 2018
CHUKWUNOLOGICAL:

please, shut up!
brothaman, the generator is waiting for someone to switch it upgringrin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by LeSudAfricaine: 12:59am On Jan 19, 2018
Jayceon:
your reasoning needs some improving.
without a doubt

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by LeSudAfricaine: 1:00am On Jan 19, 2018
[quote author=paultogo post=64322836][/quote]
Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by LeSudAfricaine: 1:10am On Jan 19, 2018
Daejoyoung:

Maybe for them, it must look more western to be superior, and so all local beats are referred to as pon pon beat.
l believe in the fusion of both the western and our native style, we must promote our own beats with few spices from the west.
yeah right so says someone who comes from a country where people celebrate that some white man was seen eating Garri in some market, or some white man was seen speaking to a black guygringrin yes don't deny it, week in week out there are such threads on Nairaland. if there are people who worship anything western it's you Nigerians,
"o I wish white man never left Nigeria" blah blah" does that sound familiar? you guys are the biggest white asss kissers on the continent. the fact that SA has different music styles has nothing to with trying to copy people of the west but it's due to the fact the that SA has western influence in itself, it's inherent we do not go seeking it and the fact that we are mighty talented, you on the other hand hide behind such excuses that you are doing "your own flavour" because you know you can't execute other styles as well as SA

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by Daejoyoung: 2:35am On Jan 19, 2018
LeSudAfricaine:
yeah right so says someone who comes from a country where people celebrate that some white man was seen eating Garri in some market, or some white man was seen speaking to a black guygringrin yes don't deny it, week in week out there are such threads on Nairaland. if there are people who worship anything western it's you Nigerians,
"o I wish white man never left Nigeria" blah blah" does that sound familiar? you guys are the biggest white asss kissers on the continent. the fact that SA has different music styles has nothing to with trying to copy people of the west but it's due to the fact the that SA has western influence in itself, it's inherent we do not go seeking it and the fact that we are mighty talented, you on the other hand hide behind such excuses that you are doing "your own flavour" because you know you can't execute other styles as well as SA
lol, come on there's no need getting worked up here. l love SA, it's a great nation.
Like you, l hated Nigerian music totally even months ago cos of my narrow view then of what Nigerian music is. But digging deeper, l saw there was more to music in Nigeria than what is prominent, l was just against this your narrow view. You may be right though, the Nigerian population doesn't support different genres openly like SA and they focus more on the afro beats, but this is different from saying the Nigerian music industry as a whole is not sophisticated or diverse, maybe that's why l called you out on that.
SA is definitely a powerhouse in entertainment anytime anyday, and of course you are right when you say you guys are more diverse racially hence the western influence.
Your garri example makes no sense though cos that's more of a cultural shock than anything else(on the part of Nigerians). Even me when l see a white man eating garri, or starch, it's a wonder to me. Same way l would be surprised if l see my Grandfather(a cultural man) fresh from the village loving Burger, Pizza, etc. Have a nice day.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by jerohdahero: 2:56am On Jan 19, 2018
Oga we still do. Speak for yourself
Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by jerohdahero: 3:05am On Jan 19, 2018
Casper spoke the truth. He is popular, (if you listen to rap music you should know him). He dropped an amazing song titled mama i made it. He featured M.I and burna boi on one of his songs. This same guy said in an interview that M.I is the best in Africa. Rap music is not in anyway dead in Nigeria. The issue is the media, "popular demand" and this "street ti take over" rants by "local rappers". Men like Paybac, Modenine, Terry tha rapman(he is dropping an album on the 28th of January) Jesse jagz(he dropped an album last year) Boogey( he is the best rapper in Nigeria nay Africa. He is that good) are still doing serious rap in Nigeria. Understand things b4 u conclude. Nasty C is not as half as good as Eriggha. Not to talk of rappers like Lord V, or A.Q
Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by jerohdahero: 3:09am On Jan 19, 2018
[quote author=LeSudAfricaine post=64323344]yeah right so says someone who comes from a country where people celebrate that some white man was seen eating Garri in some market, or some white man was seen speaking to a black guygringrin yes don't deny it, week in week out there are such threads on Nairaland. if there are people who worship anything western it's you Nigerians,
"o I wish white man never left Nigeria" blah blah" does that sound familiar? you guys are the biggest white asss kissers on the continent. the fact that SA has different music styles has nothing to with trying to copy people of the west but it's due to the fact the that SA has western influence in itself, it's inherent we do not go seeking it and the fact that we are mighty talented, you on the other hand hide behind such excuses that you are doing "your own flavour" because you know you can't execute other styles as well as SA. Fallacy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by Lionessza(f): 4:46am On Jan 19, 2018
intruxive:

This is the dumbest post I've seen here . Onyibo worshippers are Nigerians , look at you bringing them in this discussion unnecessarily wink. Just accept that you don't have diversity not in anything , including your economy grin. Diversity =South Africa.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by Lionessza(f): 4:55am On Jan 19, 2018
Daejoyoung:

lol, come on there's no need getting worked up here. l love SA, it's a great nation.
Like you, l hated Nigerian music totally even months ago cos of my narrow view then of what Nigerian music is. But digging deeper, l saw there was more to music in Nigeria than what is prominent, l was just against this your narrow view. You may be right though, the Nigerian population doesn't support different genres openly like SA and they focus more on the afro beats, but this is different from saying the Nigerian music industry as a whole is not sophisticated or diverse, maybe that's why l called you out on that.
SA is definitely a powerhouse in entertainment anytime anyday, and of course you are right when you say you guys are more diverse racially hence the western influence.
Your garri example makes no sense though cos that's more of a cultural shock than anything else(on the part of Nigerians). Even me when l see a white man eating garri, or starch, it's a wonder to me. Same way l would be surprised if l see my Grandfather(a cultural man) fresh from the village loving Burger, Pizza, etc. Have a nice day.

Culture shock my ass, " guys look at this picture, onyibo man seen kissing a black baby on the streets of lagos "

The many onyibo worshipers will come on that thread
-* Nigeria will be great again * grin
-* we are moving forward as a country, God bless Nigeria * grin
-*our leaders must give us electricity and onyibos will beg for our visa * grin

LMAO, don't try to down play an obvious inferiority complex that is openly displayed daily on this forum.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by noob03saibot(m): 7:12am On Jan 19, 2018
LZAA:

bro no be only u
but rap alwys goes thru ds phases
remember crunk rap,new jack swing?
it will be back but e go tey based on d drugs and gayism pushed in music today
like badoo wee say almost evry1na science student grin
true. I remember those whack sub genres, hiphop needs a saviour right now both in America and in naija. America is not a problem, cause theirs is just a phase, my worry is here. Naija, it's like the people are not ready to hear hiphop and even sef the media isn't helping matters. You hear the same bull sh!t everyday on the radio. Every up and coming act sounds the same. I can't differentiate them from wizkid. And the radio gives them props, damn!!! The media n djs have a positive role to play in the revival of hiphop in this country. Well hopefully, someone will take the bull by the horn soon. And as for olamide, I like the dude a lot when he actually raps. And when he RAPS, he is good. But he sef done dey compete with them davido kind songs, which is good for his bank account but not hiphop in our country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest by intruxive(m): 7:28am On Jan 19, 2018
LeSudAfricaine:
please quote where I say when you do not do opera etc you're wack? im talking about variety , there is no white or black music , music is music, the same rock was derived from black people. football does not have variety but sport has, you can choose not to play football because it's an English invention but participate in your own indengenous games, nobody forces you to play football but you do, and football is not an African invention, you say something is American when it suits you, problem is you know you can't keep up when it comes to hip hop then you resort to all sorts of excuses and please stop projecting , there is no African nation I know that worships white people like Nigeria hence you still long for recolonisation
Relax boy, u starting to sound incoherent. Let me school you so u can help start the revolution in SA (though u are late and behind)
We do rap perfectly, we just have moved to doing rap with our indigenous dialects, no one in the entire southan coast of africa can stand, phyno, olamide, reminisce, vector or even falz. But they have chosen to do it in our own unique way......and boy they keep selling out concerts in UK, US, CANADA and virtually across europe. If u doubt google is ur friend. Even sarkodie fom ghana trumps all ur fake ass copy cats who call themselves SA kanye west grin
Like I said earlier on we are no longer on the same level wit ur fake ass, and I just blame sound city who is trying to sound continent friendly by spreading their awards to other African artist. Truth is if u run poll on nigerian streets out of a hundred u cant get 5 ppl who know casper nyovest grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

"We can Never Rundown" Tekno Babymama Lola Rae Happily Sings for Tekno / Nigerian Singer, Faze Loses Mum, Faith Maryann Orji (Photos) / Illbliss Found Lady Selling Fuel In Gallons On The Street

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.