Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,333 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:56 AM

Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City (18776 Views)

A 3 Bedroom Duplex, Visitors Charlet & Boys Quarte For Sale. @ Wuse Zone4, Abuja / 6 Tips To Estimate The Cost Of Building A Duplex In Nigeria / Help! Guys, What is the cost of building 3 Bedroom flat in Akure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by galaxi(m): 2:03pm On Feb 13, 2018
mufutau55:

Agreed with you... and all the Nancies and Johnnies go dey shout.

Hajji M.

I have friends that completed houses recently and all complained about high cost of building materials.
When it comes to standard building 12m to 15m is not a big money.

1 Like

Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by galaxi(m): 2:23pm On Feb 13, 2018
Rubbiish:

I didn't even bother to read the rest...
Electrical 1m?
Fittings/piping 600k? For a 3bedroom bungalow??(how many WCs & showers)?
Oga let me see road...
Standard is subjective when it comes to cost
I am talking about what the average nigerian can afford.
I built a two bedroom bungalow by using electronic jacuzi for all my bath does not make it standard.

I will go through my archive & post the comprehensive cost analysis of the five bedroom.

Pls note i am not including fencing & other auxillary facilities like compound interlock & filling etc. Just the building...

You read through it, and deep inside you,you understand everything!
How much does wire cost?
What about the piping work
What about chandalin lights?
It's close to a 1m. Unless you do surface then with 300k you can achieve that.
My house have 4big toilets and a small visitors toilet and 2 single jacuzi at the cost of 180k each = 360k + piping 160k then other accesories.
Check the roof, it's metro tiles!
I understand you type and the kind of project you execute because a profesional will not argue like you. The are bungalors worth over 20m, it all depends on taste.
See below is my friends bungalor recently completed too, how much do you think was involved?
I will not respond to you again because i know your type maybe you just graduated.

I have posted images of recently completed four bedroom bungalors that over 12m was spent,show us ur own images you used 1m to construct let's compare.

1 Like

Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by abouzaid: 2:37pm On Feb 13, 2018
over seventy 70% of Nigerians earn 40k or less each month,how then do they afford to build their homes if a three bedroom costs 12-15 million?

2 Likes

Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by Rubbiish(m): 2:38pm On Feb 13, 2018
galaxi:

You read through it, and deep inside you,you understand everything!
How much does wire cost?
What about the piping work
What about chandalin lights?
It's close to a 1m. Unless you do surface then with 300k you can achieve that.
My house have 4big toilets and a small visitors toilet and 2 single jacuzi at the cost of 180k each = 360k + piping 160k then other accesories.
Check the roof, it's metro tiles!
I understand you type and the kind of project you execute because a profesional will not argue like you. The are bungalors worth over 20m, it all depends on taste.
See below is my friends bungalor recently completed too, how much do you think was involved?
I will not respond to you again because i know your type maybe you just graduated.
You don't need to insult me to pass your point
@bold I now understand, your finishing was premium & i wouldn't use premium finishing as benchmark, since i know very few can afford it in Nigeria. Same way i wouldn't use the Venza car parked in your compound as benchmark for an average & good car in Nigeria.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by Rubbiish(m): 2:41pm On Feb 13, 2018
abouzaid:
over seventy 70% of Nigerians earn 40k or less each month,how then do they afford to build their homes if a three bedroom costs 12-15 million?
God will richly bless u sir
People tend to see things from one perspective when they are blessed in life, forgetting poor people constitute over 70% of world population. If professionals now use only premium approach for buildings, how will the average man build his home?? Lol

Wonder why God don't bless people...

4 Likes

Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by galaxi(m): 2:55pm On Feb 13, 2018
Rubbiish:

God will richly bless u sir
People tend to see things from one perspective when they are blessed in life, forgetting poor people constitute over 70% of world population. If professionals now use only premium approach for buildings, how will the average man build his home?? Lol

Wonder why God don't bless people...

Lol!
You are a funny guy!
I do not see myself as rich but i like good things and go for it if i can afford it.

Looking at the house that lead to this arguement, you will agree with me that it is been built to standard.

I know about contruction very well and the fact remains that it will cost more than already already spent to be completed, am sorry if you feel insulted but i have been to bungalors worth more than 20m and profesionally the total cost of a house is dependent on taste of the owner.
God bless you!
Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by timesup234: 3:22pm On Feb 13, 2018
Rubbiish:

Break it down, lets see how he is gonna spend 15million on a 3bedroom bungalow & not just just throwing false figures...
Very easy. I will do that for you when i get home
Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by timesup234: 3:32pm On Feb 13, 2018
abouzaid:
Young man i can build a three bedroom for you with 4million if that is what you are looking for. We are talking about a standard building with above average finishing.

1 Like

Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by abouzaid: 4:45pm On Feb 13, 2018
timesup234:
Young man i can build a three bedroom for you with 4million if that is what you are looking for. We are talking about a standard building with above average finishing.
chairman, the word 'standard' means minimum quality acceptable to an individual and is therefore subjective. let's take the example of strong walls, some people would go with six inches solid, some with five inches solid, some even four inches solid for interior partition walls, some nine inches hollow, some six inches hollow made no more than fifty from a bag, some no more than forty four from a bag, some thirty three while others is twenty nine. some would even go for concrete blocks with a 1:2:4 mix while others are 1:3:6 mix.all these people are maintaining standards subjective to their understanding and this is only walls we're talking about. likewise concerns like roofing sheets, tiles,windows etc. we need a benchmark quality before we can talk about standard but one thing I know for sure is that the average Nigerian doesn't spend 12-15 millions for a three bedroom home and yet I'm not seeing their homes been washed off by wind or flood which clearly shows that the quality of the building is good enough for it to last as a home to even the future generations.

5 Likes

Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by abouzaid: 5:01pm On Feb 13, 2018
galaxi:

Lol!
You are a funny guy!
I do not see myself as rich but i like good things and go for it if i can afford it.

Looking at the house that lead to this arguement, you will agree with me that it is been built to standard.

I know about contruction very well and the fact remains that it will cost more than already already spent to be completed, am sorry if you feel insulted but i have been to bungalors worth more than 20m and profesionally the total cost of a house is dependent on taste of the owner.
God bless you!
about ten years or more ago. a nairalander by the name sunnybobo spent over thirty million to build a six bedroom bungalow somewhere in Anambra. but he never claimed it to be a standard home but showed it off as a luxury home. that same house today would definitely cost over hundred million to build. but we're talking about average homes here not luxury homes. I can easily tell you how to build a three bedroom bungalow with two hundred million complete with a two acre sized artificial lake stocked with thousands of edible catfish and tilapia,and a few fishing boats, a covered lap swimming pool, a two bedroom quest quarters,guard home, a car port etc.but I would never call it a standard home by Nigerian standards even though I know it's more or less a regular home in some parts of the USA and Australia.

8 Likes

Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by Nobody: 5:15pm On Feb 13, 2018
The issue we have here is standard.

Standard we know can vary widely and this is where HOA comes in.

Including land I doubt that my next door neighbor spent N3 million on his bungalow but I wouldn’t try to pass that off as standard while in the company of reasonable adults.

I blame this on the non existing or enforced laws in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by abouzaid: 5:34pm On Feb 13, 2018
EgunMogaji:
The issue we have here is standard.

Standard we know can vary widely and this is where HOA comes in.

Including land I doubt that my next door neighbor spent N3 million on his bungalow but I wouldn’t try to pass that off as standard while in the company of reasonable adults.

I blame this on the non existing or enforced laws in Nigeria.
even government enforced standards are meant to cover the barest acceptable quality but it's left to the owner to build to his own standard, for example, the smallest sized bedroom by building code is 7'x10 but we know the average Nigerian home have bigger bedrooms. what about quality and cost of tiles,ceiling types, paint type etc.it's wrong for a man that built with 12 million to dismiss the home of three million as substandard. what pushes up the cost of homes is luxurious finishings and cut throat contractors/ relatives.

6 Likes

Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by Nobody: 5:49pm On Feb 13, 2018
abouzaid:
even government enforced standards are meant to cover the barest acceptable quality but it's left to the owner to build to his own standard, for example, the smallest sized bedroom by building code is 7'x10 but we know the average Nigerian home have bigger bedrooms. what about quality and cost of tiles,ceiling types, paint type etc.it's wrong for a man that built with 12 million to dismiss the home of three million as substandard. what pushes up the cost of homes is luxurious finishings and cut throat contractors/ relatives.

I disagree.

Government mandates safe habitable standard that will protect life and property.

Not to pick on my neighbor too much but as an example he used local wood doors. Even with the door of the parlor closed, one agama agama just dey join us anyhow. That’s how big the gaps and cracks were.

There’s a door but that I’m sure that it won’t meet any government standard.

That one can slap a grudgingly habitable house together doesn’t mean that we should consider it standard.

I do get your point and I entertained it.

1 Like

Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by abouzaid: 6:03pm On Feb 13, 2018
EgunMogaji:

I disagree.

Government mandates safe habitable standard that will protect life and property.

Not to pick on my neighbor too much but as an example he used local wood doors. Even with the door of the parlor closed, one agama agama just dey join us anyhow. That’s how big the gaps and cracks were.

That one can slap a grudgingly habitable house together doesn’t mean that we should consider it standard.

building code is not against wooden doors but a door with big cracks is not the average Nigerian home. this is an extreme example.

2 Likes

Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by Rubbiish(m): 6:14pm On Feb 13, 2018
EgunMogaji:

I disagree.

The teak wooden door was poorly constructed, same way turkish or chinese door can be poorly constructed if the openings are not properly sized. It doesn't make the use of wooden doors less than standard.
If mr A decide to use nigeria PNT ceramics tiles all through his build, & Mr B use spanish glaze tiles, it doesn't make mr A build less than standard.

4 Likes

Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by Nobody: 6:46pm On Feb 13, 2018
Rubbiish:

The teak wooden door was poorly constructed, same way turkish or chinese door can be poorly constructed if the openings are not properly sized. It doesn't make the use of wooden doors less than standard.
If mr A decide to use nigeria PNT ceramics tiles all through his build, & Mr B use spanish glaze tiles, it doesn't make mr A build less than standard.

Wood doors are more expensive where I live, it’s a luxury item.

Cost of workmanship also goes towards standards.
Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by Nobody: 6:47pm On Feb 13, 2018
abouzaid:
building code is not against wooden doors but a door with big cracks is not the average Nigerian home. this is an extreme example.

I’ve read the Nigerian building code thanks to Brabus. Have you?

It’s not an extreme example, for my experience.
Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by timesup234: 6:51pm On Feb 13, 2018
abouzaid:
about ten years or more ago. a nairalander by the name sunnybobo spent over thirty million to build a six bedroom bungalow somewhere in Anambra. but he never claimed it to be a standard home but showed it off as a luxury home. that same house today would definitely cost over hundred million to build. but we're talking about average homes here not luxury homes. I can easily tell you how to build a three bedroom bungalow with two hundred million complete with a two acre sized artificial lake stocked with thousands of edible catfish and tilapia,and a few fishing boats, a covered lap swimming pool, a two bedroom quest quarters,guard home, a car port etc.but I would never call it a standard home by Nigerian standards even though I know it's more or less a regular home in some parts of the USA and Australia.
Any three bedroom built today should exceed over 3 million excluding fencing and outside work and painting so what are we arguing about? Won't you spend extra 2 million or more on fencing, gate, fence protector, outside german floor or interlocking tiles etc? Won't that total over 5 Million?
Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by abouzaid: 7:23pm On Feb 13, 2018
EgunMogaji:

I’ve read the Nigerian building code thanks to Brabus. Have you?

It’s not an extreme example, for my experience.
the Nigerian building code is available online and is just an adaptation of a foreign one. As for the door with gaping cracks, we all have different experiences since I have never seen one before.my ogbomosho colleague would call that the handiwork of ijebu people. but I do completely get your point.

1 Like

Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by abouzaid: 7:29pm On Feb 13, 2018
timesup234:
Any three bedroom built today should exceed over 3 million excluding fencing and outside work and painting so what are we arguing about? Won't you spend extra 2 million or more on fencing, gate, fence protector, outside german floor or interlocking tiles etc? Won't that total over 5 Million?
the three million reference was in response to the other poster so I wouldn't defend it.however, I have seen functional homes in the north built with nigerlite roofing sheets and ceiling board, Louvre windows etc that probably cost about three million and yet is functionally satisfactory in all ramifications. that sounds more like standard homes in that part of the country. the luxury ones with casement windows and conduit piping are largely new entrants in their urban areas.

2 Likes

Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by mufutau55(m): 7:31pm On Feb 13, 2018
galaxi:

I have friends that completed houses recently and all complained about high cost of building materials.
When it comes to standard building 12m to 15m is not a big money.

When the person start to build the house... and adding cost, they will see say not be washa.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by Nobody: 9:29pm On Feb 13, 2018
mufutau55:

When the person start to build the house... and adding cost, they will see say not be washa.

Hajji M.

This reminds me of me before I put shovel to the ground and my eyes cleared of all my grandiose plans shocked
Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by mufutau55(m): 10:16pm On Feb 13, 2018
EgunMogaji:

This reminds me of me before I put shovel to the ground and my eyes cleared of all my grandiose plans shocked

All of us learnt o... For my kobo-kobo project, I put big plan for paper, 7 Bedrooms ensuite, 2 big livingroom, a BQ with 2 Units of 2 Bedrooms.
Spyder say nah MQ (Man Quarter). I have never stop crying since I started. I beg, make I develop my shithole project small small jare.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by Nobody: 10:44pm On Feb 13, 2018
mufutau55:

All of us learnt o... For my kobo-kobo project, I put big plan for paper, 7 Bedrooms ensuite, 2 big livingroom, a BQ with 2 Units of 2 Bedrooms.
Spyder say nah MQ (Man Quarter). I have never stop crying since I started. I beg, make I develop my shithole o.

Hajji M.

Darenyx can attest to me asking him later why he didn’t stop my insane design grin

Worse is that my Wife has refused to go back to Nigeria when I retire in 3 years (insha allah). So I’ll be patrolling my 5,500 square feet alone for a while sad
Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by mufutau55(m): 11:00pm On Feb 13, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Darenyx can attest to me asking him later why he didn’t stop my insane design grin
Worse is that my Wife has refused to go back to Nigeria when I retire in 3 years (insha allah). So I’ll be patrolling my 5,500 square feet alone for a while sad

You just become "Baba Arileyanka". By the time she is ready to come, more wives will be around to fill the house o. smiley

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by InvertedHammer: 1:14am On Feb 14, 2018
EgunMogaji:

grin grin grin

The dilemma of every diasporan.

Usually that means second wife loading....

Moving back home for our women is a NO NO for obvious reasons.

No matter how much you have in the account, Nigeria has ways of wearing people out especially when things you take for granted become big deals.

\

1 Like

Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by miredia(m): 8:18pm On Feb 14, 2018
donvicky2007:

Thanks man. Benin is fast developing, even Amagba GRA is fast developing with the speed of light.
About how much do you think I can get a 50/100 in the heart of GRA preferably by a tarred road?
Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by donvicky2007: 8:06am On Feb 15, 2018
miredia:
About how much do you think I can get a 50/100 in the heart of GRA preferably by a tarred road?

you have to budget N50M; but to see a land in the heart of GRA is nearly impossible except you want to buy the land with house....

1 Like

Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by Mup4life: 11:45pm On Feb 19, 2018
Mrmarley did you use the 5inches block in the inner pattition of your dpc also? Or you used 6inches all through for dpc and 5inches for the inner partitions after dpc level?
Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by miredia(m): 1:42am On Feb 20, 2018
donvicky2007:

Is possible

Contact me if you ready.
Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by miredia(m): 1:51am On Feb 20, 2018
donvicky2007:

Amagba 4.8M 100x200........
If you have your choice location, you can let me know ,then will tell you the price. "100 by 200 "
2nd or 1st Ugbor axis not reaching BIU on tarred road, 100/100. About how much oga?
Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by Mrmarley(m): 7:52am On Feb 21, 2018
5 inches block for the inner partition of the DPC
Mup4life:
Mrmarley did you use the 5inches block in the inner pattition of your dpc also? Or you used 6inches all through for dpc and 5inches for the inner partitions after dpc level?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Making Of A "Cute" 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt / Lady Scammed By Fake Estate Agent In Lagos Shares Her Victory Story / More properties updates and please rate this website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.