Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,681 members, 7,809,577 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:32 AM

Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City (18779 Views)

A 3 Bedroom Duplex, Visitors Charlet & Boys Quarte For Sale. @ Wuse Zone4, Abuja / 6 Tips To Estimate The Cost Of Building A Duplex In Nigeria / Help! Guys, What is the cost of building 3 Bedroom flat in Akure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by Mrmarley(m): 5:12pm On Feb 01, 2018
Well well, I decided to go with the PRECAST parapet. We are moving thing as fast as possible, I think by tomorrow should be done with the block works and the PARAPET guy to can start hanging the pre made cast ( depending on how many casts he has on ground )
I am trying to be meticulous and think way ahead, so I am asking.

1. I need an estimated value for roofing ( wood & aluminium )
2. How much will a 4ft & 3ft Turkish Door cost?

Mrmarley:
We are at lintel level now, pictures attached!
I am having difficulty deciding what kind of parapet to do.
I am seriously thinking of going for the PRECAST but I am told CONCRETE is stronger.

1 Like

Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by Mrmarley(m): 5:28pm On Feb 01, 2018
Mrmarley:
Well well, I decided to go with the PRECAST parapet. We are moving thing as fast as possible, I think by tomorrow should be done with the block works and the PARAPET guy to can start hanging the pre made cast ( depending on how many casts he has on ground )
I am trying to be meticulous and think way ahead, so I am asking.

1. I need an estimated value for roofing ( wood & aluminium )
2. How much will a 4ft & 3ft Turkish Door cost?

1 Like

Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by twinskenny(m): 10:58pm On Feb 01, 2018
good job man moving really fast

in case u want us to help run the electrical..

you can check our previous job.. will sure deliver

thanks

1 Like

Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by Mrmarley(m): 7:48pm On Feb 03, 2018
Sure! I will get across when we get to that stage
twinskenny:
good job man moving really fast

in case u want us to help run the electrical..

you can check our previous job.. will sure deliver

thanks
Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by twinskenny(m): 7:53pm On Feb 03, 2018
Mrmarley:
Sure! I will get across when we get to that stage
Thanks God's speed

1 Like

Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by Mrmarley(m): 10:31pm On Feb 09, 2018
Updates: The parapet work is halfway done & we are working on making sure the roof is done by next week.
[quote author=Mrmarley post=64700064][/quote]

Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by Newboss(m): 2:06am On Feb 10, 2018
Please how much have you spent so far on the building?
Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by Mrmarley(m): 1:12pm On Feb 10, 2018
Close to 4m minus land. But then I have paid an upfront for the windows.
Newboss:
Please how much have you spent so far on the building?

2 Likes

Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by Mrmarley(m): 2:44pm On Feb 10, 2018
I will write a detailed note on how much spent so far by the end of the week.
Mrmarley:
Close to 4m minus land. But then I have paid an upfront for the windows.

3 Likes

Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by CircleOfWilis: 8:08pm On Feb 12, 2018
Following...good job

1 Like

Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by abouzaid: 8:47pm On Feb 12, 2018
Mrmarley:
I decided to use solid blocks because I lived in a house before where they used 6 inches hollow blocks and I was trying to fix my split unit AC, the wall couldn't hold the hanger, also my kitchen cabinet was falling off!
for this project, i am using both 6 inches solid and 5 inches solid....6inches for the surrounding and 5 inches inside.
congratulations on your build,however what gives strong walls is more about the cement and sand mix ratio used do the concrete blocks and less of whether they're hollow or solid blocks. less sand would give stronger blocks. ideally, concrete blocks are supposed to even contain small tiny stones which when mixed with sand and cement would yield very strong blocks. unfortunately. this is not the practice in this country.

1 Like

Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by Rubbiish(m): 9:11pm On Feb 12, 2018
abouzaid:
congratulations on your build,however what gives strong walls is more about the cement and sand mix ratio used do the concrete blocks and less of whether they're hollow or solid blocks. less sand would give stronger blocks. ideally, concrete blocks are supposed to even contain small tiny stones which when mixed with sand and cement would yield very strong blocks. unfortunately. this is not the practice in this country.
Is the op making use of sandcrete or concrete block?
Aren't u mixing it up sir
Structurally, 6inches solid is stronger than 6inches hollow...

1 Like

Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by abouzaid: 9:15pm On Feb 12, 2018
Rubbiish:

I gave you a like for that, I responded based on his worry about weak walls.

2 Likes

Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by Rubbiish(m): 9:18pm On Feb 12, 2018
abouzaid:
I gave you a like for that, I responded based on his worry about weak walls.
Okay sir
But personally, i think him using 6inches solid block is still of better advantage than 6inches hollow. As long as his more concerned about achieving solid walls than sound movement...

1 Like

Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by abouzaid: 9:47pm On Feb 12, 2018
Rubbiish:

Okay sir
But personally, i think him using 6inches solid block is still of better advantage than 6inches hollow. As long as his more concerned about achieving solid walls than sound movement...
I accept but mix ratio is the most important factor. some of these blocks are so poorly composited that they break in your hands while trying to lift them. I'm seriously considering using proper concrete blocks for my future retirement bungalow.

2 Likes

Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by Rubbiish(m): 9:52pm On Feb 12, 2018
abouzaid:
I accept but mix ratio is the most important factor. some of these blocks are so poorly composited that they break in your hands while trying to lift them. I'm seriously considering using proper concrete blocks for my future retirement bungalow.
U are very right sir
The importance of mix ratio can not be over emphasized
Was at a site on saturday, one can't even carry the blocks without breakages, 9inches block for that matter ooo...The only consolation was that it is going to be a frame structure. Block moulding should be closely monitored...

4 Likes

Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by Mrmarley(m): 12:25am On Feb 13, 2018
I have no idea what a sandcrete or a concrete block is, can you explain that please.
I’m using solid blocks all round. I got the impression that they are way stronger than hollow blocks.
Rubbiish:

Structurally, 6inches solid is stronger than 6inches hollow...

1 Like

Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by Mrmarley(m): 12:27am On Feb 13, 2018
Thank you! �
CircleOfWilis:
Following...good job
Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by Mrmarley(m): 12:31am On Feb 13, 2018
I understand strong walls is really about the cement and sand mix ratio. But I feel solid blocks when mixed right gives that stronger wall. I fee the only advantage of hollow blocks is how straight the walls get. I could be wrong!
abouzaid:

2 Likes

Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by timesup234: 5:23am On Feb 13, 2018
This project will cost you well over 12million

1 Like

Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by Rubbiish(m): 8:07am On Feb 13, 2018
Mrmarley:
I have no idea what a sandcrete or a concrete block is, can you explain that please.
I’m using solid blocks all round. I got the impression that they are way stronger than hollow blocks.
U are using sandcrete blocks sir (sand & cement).

2 Likes

Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by Rubbiish(m): 8:10am On Feb 13, 2018
timesup234:
This project will cost you well over 12million
Over 12million for a 3bedroom bungalow?
It won't get to that amount sir

1 Like

Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by galaxi(m): 8:25am On Feb 13, 2018
Rubbiish:

Do not argue! The cost of building material is very high and may take more than that amount depending on the finishing.
My is four bedrooms and i have spent almost 12m and still need extra 1.5m before painting.
There is a big difference building a commercial house to rent out and building a personal house.

3 Likes

Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by timesup234: 10:56am On Feb 13, 2018
Rubbiish:

The width and length of that building is very clear from the pictures. From what i see it might even take close to 15 million depending on the finishing taste. This is a modern way of building a house

1 Like

Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by Rubbiish(m): 11:11am On Feb 13, 2018
galaxi:

Do not argue! The cost of building material is very high and may take more than that amount depending on the finishing.
My is four bedrooms and i have spent almost 12m and still need extra 1.5m before painting.
There is a big difference building a commercial house to rent out and building a personal house.
Don't tell me not to argue!
I completed a five bedroom bungalow with parapet recently, so i know what i am talking abt.
What is left is roofing & finishes, are u saying he is gonna spend 10million on it?
Oga can u break down the cost sir & tell us how u spent 12m naira?
Op land is not even waterlogged

1 Like

Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by Rubbiish(m): 11:14am On Feb 13, 2018
timesup234:
The width of length of that building is very clear from the pictures. From what i see it might even take close to 15 million depending on the finishing taste. This is a model way of building a house
Break it down, lets see how he is gonna spend 15million on a 3bedroom bungalow & not just just throwing false figures...

2 Likes

Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by galaxi(m): 12:51pm On Feb 13, 2018
Rubbiish:

Break it down, lets see how he is gonna spend 15million on a 3bedroom bungalow & not just just throwing false figures...
According to him he have spent 4m already.
Balister and septic tank will cost =500k
Pop=500k to 600k
Electrical=1m
Toilet piping/fittings = 700k
Roofing 3m depending on the roofing sheet
Plastering = 300 to 400k because the parapet will also be plasted and it's charged differently.
Doors and frames :500k or above depending on choice.
Stainless hand rails maybe upto 150k to 200k
If good tiles are used and all rooms are suite then tiles,cement and labour could get to = 1.3m
Screeding/painting = 500k
Tank stand: 200k

*casement windows/burglary prove: 700k

If you add kitchen unit and wardrop it may cost another 300k to 500k

You did not complete a 5bedroom bungalor,what you did is not upto 40% out of 100% if it is going to be a standard bungalor.

This is all i can remember now,am sure other expensis will come up during construction.

I guess u want to start a project soon abi?
Your eyes go clear, unless it won't be a standard house.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by Nobody: 12:51pm On Feb 13, 2018
galaxi:

May god bless you sir.

People sometimes forget that. The discussions on Hajjs thread regarding columns on bungalows and soak aways is an example.

1 Like

Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by galaxi(m): 1:05pm On Feb 13, 2018
EgunMogaji:

May god bless you sir.

People sometimes forget that. The discussions on Hajjs thread regarding columns on bungalows and soak aways is an example.
I use to argue this way previously, 2014 i built a nice 5 bedrooms bungalor with less than 8m in my village and but i started almost same house late last year and have spent 12m + the fence and sand filling the total is 14.5m and i dn't even tell people because the will never believe u but that is the honest truth.

4 Likes

Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by Nobody: 1:08pm On Feb 13, 2018
galaxi:

I use to argue this way previously, 2014 i built a nice 5 bedrooms bungalor with less than 8m in my village and but i started almost same house late last year and have spent 12m + the fence and sand filling the total is 14.5m and i dn't even tell people because the will never believe u but that is the honest truth.

This is partly why our pro builders don’t show their cost anymore.

2 Likes

Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by mufutau55(m): 1:18pm On Feb 13, 2018
EgunMogaji:

This is partly why our pro builders don’t show their cost anymore.

Agreed with you... and all the Nancies and Johnnies go dey shout.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by Rubbiish(m): 2:00pm On Feb 13, 2018
galaxi:

According to him he have spent 4m already.
Balister and septic tank will cost =500k
Pop=500k to 600k
Electrical=1m
Toilet piping/fittings = 700k
Roofing 3m depending on the roofing sheet
Plastering = 300 to 400k because the parapet will also be plasted and it's charged differently.
Doors and frames :500k or above depending on choice.
Stainless hand rails maybe upto 150k to 200k
If good tiles are used and all rooms are suite then tiles,cement and labour could get to = 1.3m
Screeding/painting = 500k
Tank stand: 200k

*casement windows/burglary prove: 700k

If you add kitchen unit and wardrop it may cost another 300k to 500k

You did not complete a 5bedroom bungalor,what you did is not upto 40% out of 100% if it is going to be a standard bungalor.

This is all i can remember now,am sure other expensis will come up during construction.

I guess u want to start a project soon abi?
Your eyes go clear, unless it won't be a standard house.
I didn't even bother to read the rest...
Electrical 1m?
Fittings/piping 600k? For a 3bedroom bungalow??(how many WCs & showers)?
Oga let me see road...
Standard is subjective when it comes to cost
I am talking about what the average nigerian can afford.
I built a two bedroom bungalow by using electronic jacuzi for all my bath does not make it standard.
I will go through my archive & post the comprehensive cost analysis of the five bedroom.

Pls note i am not including fencing & other auxillary facilities like compound interlock & filling etc. Just the building...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lady Scammed By Fake Estate Agent In Lagos Shares Her Victory Story / More properties updates and please rate this website / How Do I Tackle My Stubborn Tenants Who Has Refused To Pay His Phcn Bills

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.