Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,540 members, 7,827,014 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City (18899 Views)

A 3 Bedroom Duplex, Visitors Charlet & Boys Quarte For Sale. @ Wuse Zone4, Abuja / 6 Tips To Estimate The Cost Of Building A Duplex In Nigeria / Help! Guys, What is the cost of building 3 Bedroom flat in Akure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by sklateen(m): 8:23am On Feb 21, 2018
abouzaid:
even government enforced standards are meant to cover the barest acceptable quality but it's left to the owner to build to his own standard, for example, the smallest sized bedroom by building code is 7'x10 but we know the average Nigerian home have bigger bedrooms. what about quality and cost of tiles,ceiling types, paint type etc.it's wrong for a man that built with 12 million to dismiss the home of three million as substandard. what pushes up the cost of homes is luxurious finishings and cut throat contractors/ relatives.

ABOUZAID, YOU SPOKE MY MIND, GOD BLESS YOU

2 Likes

Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by Mrmarley(m): 5:18pm On Feb 21, 2018
I am sorry I have not been here for a while, It has been a busy week for me. The parapet is done and the woodwork for roofing has begun. I had to sack the parapet Guy and hand the work to another because he was delaying my work on purpose, just so he can squeeze out more money from me.

Estimated for wood fell at 622k for the wood ( wood + spraying + transport ) and the workmanship was agreed at 200k.
It was the least I could get.

I am undecided on which kind of metro tiles to use for the roofing. I am sure the total square meter will help me decide because I have a budget I do not plan to exceed.

4 Likes

Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by Mrmarley(m): 8:42pm On Feb 21, 2018
The roof was measured and the total square meter was 496sm. I am told the roof will cost me 1.35 million for classic metro tiles and 1.6 million shingle metro tiles.

Please, can anybody give me a better offer?
Mrmarley:
I am sorry I have not been here for a while, It has been a busy week for me. The parapet is done and the woodwork for roofing has begun. I had to sack the parapet Guy and hand the work to another because he was delaying my work on purpose, just so he can squeeze out more money from me.

Estimated for wood fell at 622k for the wood ( wood + spraying + transport ) and the workmanship was agreed at 200k.

I am undecided on which kind of metro tiles to use for the roofing. I am sure the total square meter will help me decide because I have a budget I do not plan to exceed.

1 Like

Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by Babs612000(m): 11:33pm On Feb 21, 2018
Mrmarley:
The roof was measured and the total square meter was 496sm. I am told the roof will cost me 1.35 million for classic metro tiles and 1.6 million shingle metro tiles.

Please, can anybody give me a better offer?
Try money 121 on nairaland forum for roofing sheet there are others too.

Please what is the total cost of the parapet?
Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by Mrmarley(m): 8:34am On Feb 22, 2018
Plus or minus 680k
I lost count on how many cements was used but I know it was not more than 80 Bags.

1 Like

Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by suretx(m): 1:34pm On Feb 22, 2018
Ps can I get your contact for the parapet(the good guy) wink, I need one done @my place asap...

Thanks
Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by martinz1414(m): 3:34pm On Feb 22, 2018
Mrmarley:
Updates: The parapet work is halfway done & we are working on making sure the roof is done by next week.
please how much did u spend on the parapet work...thank
Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by Mrmarley(m): 7:53am On Feb 25, 2018
OJ
suretx:
Ps can I get your contact for the parapet(the good guy) wink, I need one done @my place asap...

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by Mrmarley(m): 7:53am On Feb 25, 2018
Plus or minus 680k
martinz1414:
please how much did u spend on the parapet work...thank

1 Like

Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by Mrmarley(m): 8:22am On Feb 25, 2018
roofing has been completed, I settled for classic metro tiles, it was quite expensive but I am happy it came out fine
Mrmarley:

5 Likes

Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by galaxi(m): 9:48am On Feb 25, 2018
Rubbiish:

Don't tell me not to argue!
I completed a five bedroom bungalow with parapet recently, so i know what i am talking abt.
What is left is roofing & finishes, are u saying he is gonna spend 10million on it?
Oga can u break down the cost sir & tell us how u spent 12m naira?
Op land is not even waterlogged
I guess you are still following this post to see the progress and also learn how the above money is been spent as the house is been built to a good standard.

1 Like

Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by Mrmarley(m): 11:12am On Feb 25, 2018
CAN ANYBODY GIVE ME THE CONTACT OF A GOOD ART MAN? PLEASE?
Mrmarley:
roofing has been completed, I settled for classic metro tiles, it was quite expensive but I am happy it came out fine
Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by Mrmarley(m): 11:26am On Feb 25, 2018
From rough estimate, I will need to spend about 8m -11m after roofing to achieve what I want
I followed the argument/thread on standards but i chose not to indulge, Price of building materials has increased and I guess some people are still giving estimates based on old prices.
My younger brother has spent about 16m on his 4 bedroom bungalow and we still have not done interlocking, light fittings, electric fence and a few other things.
galaxi:

I guess you are still following this post to see the progress and also learn how the above money is been spent as the house is been build to a good standard.

1 Like

Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by timesup234: 12:00pm On Feb 25, 2018
I have the best art man contact for you and he will do a very good job for you with moderate price.
Mrmarley:
CAN ANYBODY GIVE ME THE CONTACT OF A GOOD ART MAN? PLEASE?
Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by 2cicily: 12:03pm On Feb 25, 2018
You guys are making me scared. I just concluded d foundation for my 4 bedroom bungalow in phc. With this 14million, million million you guys are quoting, how can one build from his salary?

2 Likes

Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by timesup234: 12:16pm On Feb 25, 2018
2cicily:
You guys are making me scared. I just concluded d foundation for my 4 bedroom bungalow in phc. With this 14million, million million you guys are quoting, how can one build from his salary?
The painful truth is that your four bedroom is going to cost you a bit over 8 million naira. Get yourself ready. It is the reality of things now, we can no longer build houses like they did 10 yrs ago
Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by ikeyman00(m): 1:14pm On Feb 25, 2018
^^^^ im sure there million way you could cut down on cost unless you embark to build another aso rock for useless Buhari

3 Likes

Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by galaxi(m): 10:28pm On Feb 25, 2018
2cicily:

Taste is the major factors that make a building project cost go high.

To cut cost use:
1. Long span (metro tiles is expensive)
2. Use sliding widow (casement window is expensive)
3. Use pvc ceiling (pop is expensive)
4. Use the normal cheap tiles that is popularly used for commercial houses.
5. Use locally made doors
6. Avoid parapet
7. Surface wiring

The above will save over 4m for you.

@Mrmarley: at the end of the project with fence and interlocking he would have spent close to 18m to 19m.
The fact is that taste determine the total cost of a project.

5 Likes

Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by Nobody: 10:59pm On Feb 25, 2018
galaxi:

Taste is the major factors that make a building project cost go high.

To cut cost use:
1. Long span (metro tiles is expensive)
2. Use sliding widow (casement window is expensive)
3. Use pvc ceiling (pop is expensive)
4. Use the normal cheap tiles that is popularly used for commercial houses.
5. Use locally made doors
6. Avoid parapet
7. Surface wiring

The above will save over 4m for you.

@Mrmarley: at the end of the project with fence and interlocking he would have spent close to 18m to 19m.
The fact is that taste determine the total cost of a project.

I really really like surface "conduit" wiring. I never found anyone locally that could do it well.

1 Like

Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by omeiza49ja: 11:52pm On Feb 25, 2018
[quote author=EgunMogaji post=65371797]

I really really like surface "conduit" wiring. I never found anyone locally that could do it well.[/quote

Sir contact Andrew at 08039640977 he's good when it comes to wiring both conduit and surface
Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by Babs612000(m): 12:05am On Feb 26, 2018
Can you post some pictures of work done on surface wiring please.

2 Likes

Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by omeiza49ja: 12:17am On Feb 26, 2018
Babs612000:

Can you post some pictures of work done on surface wiring please.
I will try and contact him for pictures of work done on surface wiring

1 Like

Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by Mrmarley(m): 1:14am On Feb 26, 2018
Can I have his number please
timesup234:
I have the best art man contact for you and he will do a very good job for you with moderate price.
Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by timesup234: 6:08am On Feb 26, 2018
Mrmarley:
Can I have his number please
send me your email. If he charges you let me know i will have him do it for you cheap

1 Like

Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by Mrmarley(m): 9:09am On Feb 26, 2018
mistur_marley@icloud.com
timesup234:
send me your email. If he charges you let me know i will have him do it for you cheap
Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by timesup234: 10:19am On Feb 26, 2018
Mrmarley:
mistur_marley@icloud.com
Sent
Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by Mrmarley(m): 12:39pm On Feb 26, 2018
Seen
Thank you
timesup234:
Sent

1 Like

Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by Follysho777: 12:21am On Mar 01, 2018
@Mrmarley. Do you use/put iron-rods inside or when hanging your parapet?
Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by Mrmarley(m): 9:38pm On Mar 01, 2018
Yes!
they used 10mm to chain is round and binding wires. the iron used on the parapet was way more than that used for the lintel
Follysho777:
@Mrmarley. Do you use/put iron-rods inside or when hanging your parapet?
Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by Mrmarley(m): 6:59pm On Mar 07, 2018
UPDATE: Plastering started yesterday and that are already done with the inside of the house, I will go and buy the doors tomorrow and the windows will be delivered on Friday. We decided to dig another soakaway at the front of the house for the security post and the visitor's toilet alone.
Mrmarley:
Yes!
they used 10mm to chain is round and binding wires. the iron used on the parapet was way more than that used for the lintel

3 Likes

Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by Mrmarley(m): 2:00pm On Mar 08, 2018
I bought the doors today and it’s they are been installed. The window will be installed tomorrow.
Spent roughly 500k for all the doors.
Mrmarley:
UPDATE: Plastering started yesterday and that are already done with the inside of the house, I will go and buy the doors tomorrow and the windows will be delivered on Friday. We decided to dig another soakaway at the front of the house for the security post and the visitor's toilet alone.

4 Likes

Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by Mrmarley(m): 2:01pm On Mar 08, 2018
Mrmarley:
I bought the doors today and it’s they are been installed. The window will be installed tomorrow.
Spent roughly 500k for all the doors.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Heavy Fire Outbreak At Makoko Slum In Lagos, Properties Destroyed. Photos / Gbetu ,awoyaya @ #6.5 m(negotiable) Per Plot (pics attache / Truck Swerves And Demolishes House In Ondo Just Now(pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.