Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,748 members, 7,824,153 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

Goodluck Ebele Jonathan For President! (Vote Now) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodluck Ebele Jonathan For President! (Vote Now) (4975 Views)

Poll: GoodLuck Ebele Jonathan or Ibrahim Badamosi Babangida?

Goodluck: 79% (151 votes)
Babangida: 6% (12 votes)
None of the Above: 13% (26 votes)
This poll has ended

Heart Touching Post On Ex President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan's Facebook Wall / Lagos State Guber Election Part 2: Agbaje Or Ambode: Vote Now! / IBB Endorses Muhammadu Buhari For President - SaharaReporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Goodluck Ebele Jonathan For President! (Vote Now) by Onlytruth(m): 11:13pm On Apr 13, 2010
adamabdul:

i will not vote for GJ,not even as vice president.And i dont and wouldnt care what the polls(above)will be afterall it is in this same site that i saw charles soludo winning Anambra election

Exactly why I called this poll childish. I've learned from that Anambra election.
Re: Goodluck Ebele Jonathan For President! (Vote Now) by Nobody: 12:50am On Apr 14, 2010
Jonathan could contest, and win. He can end the PDP rotation arrangement by replacing (or bribing) the top echelon of the party into compliance with his agenda.

What he needs to do is garner public support, by producing a tangible achievement or 2, such as greatly improved power supply and electoral reform, and he will win a free and fair election.
Re: Goodluck Ebele Jonathan For President! (Vote Now) by Adonike(m): 1:25am On Apr 14, 2010
He may win if votes cast are to be counted but otherwise, let him forg
Re: Goodluck Ebele Jonathan For President! (Vote Now) by sjeezy8: 1:46am On Apr 14, 2010
Goodluck can surely contest in 2011 and WIN in PDP

because with this whole rotantional thing the north istalkin about - only cuts their term short, as they dont get the whole 8 years due to jonathan as acting president for sick yaradua.

So if they are smart they will make jonathan president in 2011, so power can comeback to north in 2015 for a full 8 years.

Not to do so will just be dumb for the north because yaradua  wa president for about 2.5 unproductive years while Jonathan a southerner finished the northern term. Which means the north will not have 8 full years but only 6.5 years if they choose to have power in 2015.

If theres a Northern president in 2011- the norths whole term is about 6.5 years
If Jonathan president in 2011- the Norths term starts over 2015 - with 8 full years
Re: Goodluck Ebele Jonathan For President! (Vote Now) by Nigerd(m): 5:28am On Apr 14, 2010
@ Rotation

Asuming IBB was given the mandate and won the election?

will he niow say he is going to use a single term of 4 yrs going by the so called arrangement?

I think he will want to do till 2019,,

issue of arrangement should be bully out,
Re: Goodluck Ebele Jonathan For President! (Vote Now) by mrkoma2012: 11:54am On Apr 14, 2010
No return 4 IBB but as 4 GJ he cant perform miracles but within his short tenure lets c his impact on d nation
Re: Goodluck Ebele Jonathan For President! (Vote Now) by Youngichou(m): 12:19pm On Apr 14, 2010
let us see bcuz i doubt those degenerate hausa's will agree.
Re: Goodluck Ebele Jonathan For President! (Vote Now) by Nobody: 12:49pm On Apr 14, 2010
sjeezy8:

Goodluck can surely contest in 2011 and WIN in PDP

because with this whole rotantional thing the north istalkin about - only cuts their term short, as they dont get the whole 8 years due to jonathan as acting president for sick yaradua.

So if they are smart they will make jonathan president in 2011, so power can comeback to north in 2015 for a full 8 years.

Not to do so will just be dumb for the north because yaradua  wa president for about 2.5 unproductive years while Jonathan a southerner finished the northern term. Which means the north will not have 8 full years but only 6.5 years if they choose to have power in 2015.

If theres a Northern president in 2011- the norths whole term is about 6.5 years
If Jonathan president in 2011- the Norths term starts over 2015 - with 8 full years

Some prominent Northern voices have been calling for a fresh slot of 8 years starting from 2011. Yet they don't want Jonathan to sweep Yar'Adull out and coast into 2011 as substantive President. Talk about fo.ols wanting to eat their cake and have it at the same time.

I would prefer Jonathan for President in 2011 - another term of four years, and if the PDP know what's good for them they had better forget the rotational stuff and choose him over IBB. In a free and fair election IBB would never smell Aso Rock again no matter how much money he spends.

If Jonathan gives us Electoral Reforms, 2011 will spell the end of PDP in this country cos they will probably allow Babangida to buy their Presidential ticket.
Re: Goodluck Ebele Jonathan For President! (Vote Now) by semid4lyfe(m): 1:24pm On Apr 14, 2010
kosovo:

PLS i have removed my Eyeglasses . . . I can't see anything Ebele is doing . . . Someone pls enlighten me . . 
  Don't tell me , he would do this or that . . . cos that's the same story we hear at the end everything is swept under carpet . . .
No be to remove your eyeglasses o. . .you need to undergo corrective eye surgery to correct your bad eye-sight grin grin . Make I nor talk too much, .the steps he has taken so far are deeply reassuring.
Re: Goodluck Ebele Jonathan For President! (Vote Now) by dazzy4real(m): 2:13pm On Apr 14, 2010
Wat is ibb doing in dis pool?
Re: Goodluck Ebele Jonathan For President! (Vote Now) by otondo55: 2:17pm On Apr 14, 2010
Goodluck Ebele Jonathan for live !!!
Re: Goodluck Ebele Jonathan For President! (Vote Now) by chelseabmw(m): 2:26pm On Apr 14, 2010
[size=13pt]SOUTH SOUTH SUPPORTS U JONATHAN[/size]
Re: Goodluck Ebele Jonathan For President! (Vote Now) by nigerfine: 2:52pm On Apr 14, 2010
WHY NOT;Goodluck and Ribadu or El Rufai,or Fashola.We are tierd of these old clueless IBB and others.
Re: Goodluck Ebele Jonathan For President! (Vote Now) by otokx(m): 3:01pm On Apr 14, 2010
Let us stick to the principle of rotation.
Re: Goodluck Ebele Jonathan For President! (Vote Now) by otukpo(f): 4:09pm On Apr 14, 2010
otondo55:

Goodluck Ebele Jonathan for live !!!

SECONDED
Re: Goodluck Ebele Jonathan For President! (Vote Now) by kosovo(m): 4:20pm On Apr 14, 2010
chelseabmw:

[size=13pt]SOUTH SOUTH SUPPORTS U JONATHAN[/size]
tRIBALISM. . . Nigeria's greatest problem . . .
Re: Goodluck Ebele Jonathan For President! (Vote Now) by Nigerd(m): 5:05pm On Apr 14, 2010
kosovo:

what has this to Tribalism,

Who u be self?

Arewa?

I thought as much

Afta u people don eat out money finish u wan eat us here again, "Chechnya"
Re: Goodluck Ebele Jonathan For President! (Vote Now) by Nobody: 5:53pm On Apr 14, 2010
kosovo:

this KOSOVO & Co. who support IBB - One reason I will support your stance.

Delano Roosevelt was a leader, Angela Markerl is one too, Adolf Hitler was also a leader, Abraham Lincoln was, Obama is, IBB was, Abacha, Idi Amin, Obasanjo, Mandela, Gandhi, and Napoleon and Jesus. Some of these/this leaders had followers who love them despite their ill mannered way of ruling or the reverse. And if one or you could admit his/her love for IBB no problem to that; I give it up to you.

But IBB for the state of Nigeria: Never again!!!

Goodluck Jonathan has been a man God placed there, and apart from that I hear some comments claiming his impotency while he was a governor. Please, don't forget that Obasanjo visited Bayelsa state government thrice within e year in the very dispensation other Governors could not afford a visit of the then President talkless of a second one.

third and last Visit I quote Obasanjo firmly; MAKE I GO REST, I DON TIRE, TOMORROW NA ANODA DAY. GOODLUCK WELLDONE, YOU DON TRY WELL WELL, I CANNOT BELIEVE THE PLACE I SAW IN MY FIRST AND SECOND VISITS ARE NO LONGER RECOGNIZABLE , GOOODLUCKY YOU CHANGED THEM ALL. He said that when he could not complete the commissioning the projects that was slated for the day.

The Only man to pay the student bursaries in the south south the original amount meant for them

HND: 17K

OND:10k

Undergrads: 15k and 20k respectively in levels

Paid all HIV infected state citizens an allowance of 10k every month.

Facilitated the repairs of  federal government roads with the state's  money asking Obasanjo for a reimbursement on his third visit which BABA OPENLY SAID A REFUND WILL BE DONE AS SOON AS HE RETURNS TO ABUJA.

completed and commission the power plant and the NDU campus that took his boss three years to build not even a foundation stone was layed in his days as a governor.

Paid outstanding Nepa bills the state owned "with" of that of its citizens.

Sent over 200 students on scholarship with the state indigenes on free education,

The Housing units for the poor and widows was amazing when he did a 1000 low incomes homes.

Sharing the keys on TV. You need to see the joy on the faces of the masses.

All in one year and many more,

And was ready to return home after that dispensation expired. GOODLUCK ISN'T DEADLOCK TO NIGERIA OK?

Look man I like IBB as a man, but i am not ready to give him my vote (though it does not matter), the state of Nigeria is to be taken serious, all IBB want is that name, because this egocentric man does not to accept Obasanjo is Nigeria's greatest. I will not be surprise if I get to know he of the CIA, one of their agent of destabilization.

Or do you want me to waste my precious time to state what IBB can do to this nation, if he dares resurrects?

Also I tremble when I hear people question what has Goodluck done so far. Look here power tussle is not bread and beans especially in multi-diversified cultural ethnic tensioned tribalism driven country like Nigeria. Remember he is only a Acting president and the defacto and the power block can pierce him apart or his political career with the power of senate and PDP if he dares a radical change, that's why his power is limited, expect surprises when he comes in, fully equipped.

I support him there, he is the best we have for now from the south south and its a good choice for Nigeria.

I BELIEVE HIS GOOD WORKS and IF ANYTHING ELSE LOYALTY & HONESTY LANDED HIM THE VP TICKET
Re: Goodluck Ebele Jonathan For President! (Vote Now) by sley4life(m): 5:58pm On Apr 14, 2010
i prefer goodluck 2 ibb anyday
Re: Goodluck Ebele Jonathan For President! (Vote Now) by sleazy5(m): 6:01pm On Apr 14, 2010
Hey nairalanders lets not allow sentiments to becloud our sense of judgements. Lets give someone an opportunity before we rate him.
On the other hand let me pose a question, "why are nigerians so shallow minded, ? Even a blind man will know who to cast his vote for, 
Re: Goodluck Ebele Jonathan For President! (Vote Now) by beknown(m): 6:19pm On Apr 14, 2010
People who know the full atrocities of IBB will not even talk about him. It is very unfortunate that many people in Nigeria do not know the various crime IBB committed during his tenure in Nigeria. A few of his crimes are:

1. IBB took power in Nigeria via coup plot

2. IBB annulled June 2003 election without any valid reason

3. IBB sent MKO Abiola to prison for no reason. Why did MKO Abiola die?

4. IBB killed General Mamman Vatsa and others for an alleged coup plot. The Nigerian law did not find General Mamman Vatsa and others guilty but IBB created his own law to make sure they were sentenced to death.
Refer to the following legal reference in Nigeria legal library: Treason and other Related Offences (Special Military Tribunal) Decree No. 1 of 1986 was signed into law in Nigeria by IBB on 6 January 1986. The new law was used to convict General Vatsa and other alleged coup plotters and death sentence was pronounced.

5. He was shamed out of power in Nigeria.

People who want IBB back should go back and read his history all over the internet. It appears Nigeria has no library containing his various crimes and damages to our Nigerian society. At least the internet is awash with numerous information to inform the uninformed.
Re: Goodluck Ebele Jonathan For President! (Vote Now) by Nigerd(m): 6:20pm On Apr 14, 2010
I wonder Likes of Kosovo made Moderators with such mind and bias for a Thief, I Think a thread on the need to Impeach Chechnya oh sorry  Kosovo Should be Open,
Re: Goodluck Ebele Jonathan For President! (Vote Now) by ladi02(m): 7:06pm On Apr 14, 2010
If GJ can deliver steady power in the next 4months, he will surely be contesting 2011 and he will have my vote
Re: Goodluck Ebele Jonathan For President! (Vote Now) by splashbaby(m): 7:11pm On Apr 14, 2010
Why dont we think of a better president than his region!, Only in 9ja
Re: Goodluck Ebele Jonathan For President! (Vote Now) by usmo: 8:12pm On Apr 14, 2010
With the power vested in me by the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria which gives me the power to use my civil right to make anyone I dime fit in any position in Nigeria do here by second the aforemetion motion that Ag President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan should be unequivacally installed with the office of the president of nigeria come 2011. I sole second.

For those who are against this motion should go and commit suicide when this motion comes to light.
Re: Goodluck Ebele Jonathan For President! (Vote Now) by Dungren(m): 8:40pm On Apr 14, 2010
I wonder why some Nigerians have such a short memory to the extent of considering IBB for president.

It is because of such people that Nigeria is still where it is today. When nations of the world are looking for vibrant people to lead them, we are here considering someone of the PAST.

Nigerians!!!, please wake up, we are in the 21st century. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.
Re: Goodluck Ebele Jonathan For President! (Vote Now) by sambriggs: 9:03pm On Apr 14, 2010
How can we think of ibb for 2011, after he all the problems he has brought to nigeria. sharing our natiional cake with his loyalist, different assasinations, plunging nigeria to a failed state, anulling june 12 election which was fair , how can someone rule for 8 years during the oil boom and we are still struggling with the same infrastructure with the poorest nations in the world.shame on all those who want him back, i can see u love being stagnant. we will ote for him with stones.
Re: Goodluck Ebele Jonathan For President! (Vote Now) by Osama10(m): 10:43pm On Apr 14, 2010
Goodluck Jo all the way tongue tongue tongue.
Re: Goodluck Ebele Jonathan For President! (Vote Now) by boyt1: 11:20pm On Apr 14, 2010
Bannana Rep. Leaders: only for those who want IBB for 2011 President

IBB      for      President  
IBORI -Vice President
 A member of ABacha's Family   - Senate President
  "               Umaru Diko  -             Speaker house of Rep.
   Bode George                -  EFCC  Boss
Atiku    --
Aondoakaa--
Mrs. Turai Yaradua
Mrs. Ibru  Gov. Central bank
Moris Iwu   for live

Its very rewarding only in naija, the more notorious you are, the better your chances to be  a leader. Great nation!!
Re: Goodluck Ebele Jonathan For President! (Vote Now) by nonso84(m): 11:40pm On Apr 14, 2010
I prefer uncle goodluck
Re: Goodluck Ebele Jonathan For President! (Vote Now) by nonso84(m): 11:44pm On Apr 14, 2010
I prefer uncle goodluck
Re: Goodluck Ebele Jonathan For President! (Vote Now) by nonso84(m): 11:45pm On Apr 14, 2010
I prefer uncle goodluck

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fani-kayode Apologises To Ex-president OBJ / Breaking: Boko Haram Now Have A New leader(photo) / Shites Sacrifice In Devils Name To Kill Buhari (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.