Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,754 members, 7,813,486 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:55 PM

Buhari: Got Only 198,000 Votes From South-east, Yet They Have 4 Senior Ministers - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: Got Only 198,000 Votes From South-east, Yet They Have 4 Senior Ministers (55514 Views)

Afenifere, Ohanaeze Kick As North-west Gets Nine Senior Ministers / Buhari Got N260k Loan To Build His House In 1984 (Throwback Photo) / Fani-kayode Blasts Buhari For Saying He Got Only 198,000 Votes From South-east (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari: Got Only 198,000 Votes From South-east, Yet They Have 4 Senior Ministers by jayson87: 10:01am On Jan 20, 2018
iamJ:
Remind them buhari, they are ungrateful people angry
You lack the faculty of reasoning upstairs, sorry to say
Re: Buhari: Got Only 198,000 Votes From South-east, Yet They Have 4 Senior Ministers by BanevsJoker(m): 11:22am On Jan 20, 2018
psychologist:
See bigotry at its peak

So u still they carry figure for head like dada
Come 2019, I promise you won't get up to 19800
NYSC "Allowee".
Re: Buhari: Got Only 198,000 Votes From South-east, Yet They Have 4 Senior Ministers by degamemaster(m): 11:26am On Jan 20, 2018
iamJ:
Remind them buhari, they are ungrateful people angry
Did you read your statement at all? Ungrateful people? What happens to democracy as freedom of choice and association? We chose not to vote for buhari because we knew he's a failure and a bigot so we can't associate with a failure and a terrorist. Talking about four ministers, it is our constitutional right to have ministers appointed from every state of the country and not a favour as the dullard would like you zombies believe.
Re: Buhari: Got Only 198,000 Votes From South-east, Yet They Have 4 Senior Ministers by tinsel: 11:28am On Jan 20, 2018
This man really does not know any thing. So he don't know that it is mandatory for him to appoint a minister from each state of Nigeria.
Re: Buhari: Got Only 198,000 Votes From South-east, Yet They Have 4 Senior Ministers by Iceathome(m): 11:29am On Jan 20, 2018
Yes, the Igbos saw the future in you, that's why they gave you the said votes. You are even lucky to get such votes numbered.

In 2019, you will 10,000 votes so that you can give SGF, Senate President, speaker of the house, AGF, CAS, CDS, etc.

Nonsence!!!

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Got Only 198,000 Votes From South-east, Yet They Have 4 Senior Ministers by tinsel: 11:31am On Jan 20, 2018
NgeneUkwenu:
Thank You Mr. President.... 2019 we will deliver millions of votes from our Zone...
So you are really happy how this man is ruling Nigeria. And also no need to thank him. By our constitution it is mandatory he appoints a minister for each state. Any way the man does not follow constitution, maybe it is why you are thanking him.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Got Only 198,000 Votes From South-east, Yet They Have 4 Senior Ministers by Nonaira1: 11:31am On Jan 20, 2018
Iceathome:
Yes, the Igbos saw the future in you, that's why they gave you the said votes. You are even lucky to get such votes numbered.

In 2019, you will 10,000 votes so that you can give SGF, Senate President, speaker of the house, AGF, CAS, CDS, etc.

Nonsence!!!

If SE gives him 10,000 then i know for sure the fulani have penetrated SE and there are alot of fulani bastards roamimg SE.

I don't SE will even give him a 1000. Shit, I'm still shocked he got 198,000 in 2015. Extremely shocked and disappointed in SE honestly

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Got Only 198,000 Votes From South-east, Yet They Have 4 Senior Ministers by olalat(m): 11:45am On Jan 20, 2018
ReachHard:
is he saying that to further torment the Igbos?
like they never deserved anything??

ayam not understanding o
undecided
no sir, he was only telling them that despite the low vote he got from the region, he was still fair to them. He gave them what belongs to them at the expenses of the region that gave him high votes. Why the hatred. That the only question I have for me our brothers from south east.
Re: Buhari: Got Only 198,000 Votes From South-east, Yet They Have 4 Senior Ministers by AnanseK(m): 11:50am On Jan 20, 2018
naijapips04:

Buhari come and take your 4 ministers. We don't want them.

Tell them to resign if you are your fathers’sons and daughters
Re: Buhari: Got Only 198,000 Votes From South-east, Yet They Have 4 Senior Ministers by AnanseK(m): 11:59am On Jan 20, 2018
degamemaster:
Did you read your statement at all? Ungrateful people? What happens to democracy as freedom of choice and association? We chose not to vote for buhari because we knew he's a failure and a bigot so we can't associate with a failure and a terrorist. Talking about four ministers, it is our constitutional right to have ministers appointed from every state of the country and not a favour as the dullard would like you zombies believe.

My friend your kith and kin have been shouting to high heavens that Buhari has marginalized the SE with regards to appointment. Why would you want an appointment from “ a failure and a bigot”? You obviously do not accept his policies, so you did not vote for him - fair enough, now how can you be employed to implement what you do not accept as good for the country? Your evil and cursed tribe has been the obstacle of this country, and it is still the biggest problem.
Re: Buhari: Got Only 198,000 Votes From South-east, Yet They Have 4 Senior Ministers by PHILipu1(m): 12:01pm On Jan 20, 2018
kalu61:
Did anambra vote buhari or their own
Because of your own,will you vote an Islamic and a failed party even if that your own is the best man?

Anambra should have had nothing to do with the Islamic and failed party even if it was Jesus Christ or Kanu that was contesting on it's platform

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Got Only 198,000 Votes From South-east, Yet They Have 4 Senior Ministers by OreMI22: 12:03pm On Jan 20, 2018
Buhari should SACK all his so called Igbo ministers but he will not because Buhari is a crook.

He was only rewarding fellow crooks and criminals who helped his election and calling them Igbo.

What Igbo want is for Buhari to stop neglecting federal infrastructure in the zone. Not appointing his friends and saying they are Igbo.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: Got Only 198,000 Votes From South-east, Yet They Have 4 Senior Ministers by psychologist(m): 12:06pm On Jan 20, 2018
BanevsJoker:

NYSC "Allowee".
grin savage
Re: Buhari: Got Only 198,000 Votes From South-east, Yet They Have 4 Senior Ministers by samstels: 12:11pm On Jan 20, 2018
This man is a complete Idiot .

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Got Only 198,000 Votes From South-east, Yet They Have 4 Senior Ministers by juszoe82: 12:13pm On Jan 20, 2018
This useless man is still making a hate speech. I dont know why this man people voted this man in power, Buhari is a foreigner now he is bringing in his foreign brothers from niger and chad to come and settle in nigeria that is why he appointed all his fulani brothers on the top positions including security departments and some important ministries to some that they will share all the informations about nigeria to their foreign people. Cant people asked why do we have niger/chad dancers and singers during his inauguration,why did the king of morocco visited nigeria with other top muslim groups and alot. Their top brothers in military,police,custom etc are disarming/killing other groups so as to arm and support their their militia group for their evil plans. please my people what is happening now is no more a childs play but a reality so we need to be prepared to battle.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Got Only 198,000 Votes From South-east, Yet They Have 4 Senior Ministers by miketayo(m): 12:17pm On Jan 20, 2018
okey777:
ok anu ohia

i dont knw wht it means but i agree with u
Re: Buhari: Got Only 198,000 Votes From South-east, Yet They Have 4 Senior Ministers by lohresloco: 12:43pm On Jan 20, 2018
if this guy wins 2019 , the death that will be recorded will be nothing short of amazing
ashjay001:
I'll bet anyone 50k(escrow acct), PMB aint loosing in 2019!

The guy gat game! Knocking them, out of d ballpark, each time! Lets hear ur rejoinders, wailers n haterz!tongue
Re: Buhari: Got Only 198,000 Votes From South-east, Yet They Have 4 Senior Ministers by AnanseK(m): 12:48pm On Jan 20, 2018
The full address;
Buhari spoke at the Dinner with APC Chieftains:

“I am the only politician that ended up three times in the Supreme Court and still virtually refused to give up.

“There is one thing that disabused my mind in a dispassionate way about ethnicity and religion across the country.

“You know that the tribunal for presidential election started at Court of Appeal. The President was my classmate. I missed only four of the court’s sittings.

“For that first phase, 2003, we were in court for 30 months. My legal team leader was Chief Ahamba (SAN), an Igbo man. He asked the panel of judges to direct INEC to produce the voters register to prove to you that the election was done underground.

“When they came to write the judgment, they completely omitted that. Another Igbo man, a Roman Catholic, in the panel of judges wrote a minority report.

“I went to the Supreme Court. Who was the Chief Justice? An Hausa Fulani, a Muslim from Zaria. After 27 months, Ahamba presented our case for two hours and 45 minutes. The Chief Justice got up and said they were going on break and when they return the following day, they would deliver judgment.

“They went away for three months. That was what made it 30 months.

“And when they came back, they discussed my case within 45 minutes.

“ In 2007, who was the Chief Justice? A Muslim from Niger State.

“The third one, who was the Chief Justice? My neighbour from Jigawa State. The same religion and the same tribe.

“Finally, the determination of our people and technology: the Permanent Voters Cards made it possible for us to be here.

“Voters education is important. Let people be educated that it is their right to choose leaders of their choice.”

”There is something that hit me very hard and I am happy I hit it back at somebody. “Seven states of the North are only represented in my cabinet by junior ministers, ministers of state.

“ In Southeast, I got 198,000 votes but I have four substantive ministers and seven junior ministers from there.

“You are closer to the people than myself now that I have been locked up here, don’t allow anybody to talk of ethnicity. It is not true.

“The PVCs worked well in 2015. That was why when the former President rang me, I went temporarily into a coma. I will never forget the time. It was a quarter after 5pm and he said he called to congratulate me and that he had conceded defeat. He asked if I heard him, and I said yes and I thanked him for his statesmanship.

“The truth is after being a deputy governor, a governor, Vice-president and President for six years, and he took that decision is great. He could have caused some problems. He had stayed long enough to cause problems.”

“ As I am sitting here, I am very much aware of the problems in this country and I will always reflect on the historical antecedents before I arrived at decisions.

“I keep telling people that while I was in uniform, quite reckless and young, I got all the ministers and governors, and put them in Kirikiri. I said they were guilty until they could prove their innocence. I was also detained too.

“I decided to drop the uniform and come back. Eventually, I am here. So really, I have gone through it over and over again. This is why I am not in a hurry virtually to do anything. I will sit and reflect and continue with my clear conscience.”

“ If I don’t ring you or call you, it is not because I ever forgot how you supported me at one stage or the other over the years from 2003 till now.”

Oyegun replied:

“I hope it is understood in the proper perspective.

“It indicates quite clearly that you have listened to what people are saying. It has been such a terrible misrepresentation. You have seized this opportunity to say that you are not what people are saying.

“There are so many misconceptions. Look at the example you have given that those who stood by you through the periods of problems and struggles are not people of the same religious persuasion.

“You have said it that you are not an ethnic jingoist. I know this because I have known you for a very long time.

“For some of us, when these things are said, we find it painful but I hope there will be proper rendition of what you said today and it will start clearing the air.

“The only thing I will add is that you have had a most challenging 2017 in every respect, including your son’s predicament.”

“For almost three years, you have laboured to reconstruct the broken foundation of this nation. You have laboured to put a new infrastructure without which development is impossible.

“They were just dipping hands in the treasury, the banks were just changing papers and collecting commissions and we all said we were developing and prospering. But it was not a development that touched the ordinary man of this country.

“For the first time, that is about to begin. It has taken three years of foundation laying and thank God the harvesting, I believe, is going to begin this year.

“It is my hope that it will come early enough for people to see that if one has to call anybody the architect of a modern Nigeria, you will bear that distinction.

“Like I said when we were launching the book of your achievements, what you started, you cannot complete. That is a matter of fact. But what you started is basic, fundamental that Nigerians must learn a new way of doing business based on their sweat from which profit will come based on their resources.

“When we are used to doing things wrongly, change becomes very difficult and we are passing through that stage now.

“It is not a struggle we can complete in four years or even eight years. But you have started something new and that change is not for nothing. It is even deeper than most of us understand. We must carry it on until it becomes second nature to us.

“We are firmly, totally and completely behind you and when you make up your mind soon as I hope you will, you will find an army behind you. Those who wish you well are already working and it is my hope that you will agree eventually that continuity is important and critical. Otherwise, all what you have struggled for will come to nothing.”

THE NATION 19 01 2018
Re: Buhari: Got Only 198,000 Votes From South-east, Yet They Have 4 Senior Ministers by ebenholer(m): 1:06pm On Jan 20, 2018
means ministers are being appointed based on political logistics, not for them to be productive or to be result oriented. oh what a failing nation.
Re: Buhari: Got Only 198,000 Votes From South-east, Yet They Have 4 Senior Ministers by BigIyanga: 1:09pm On Jan 20, 2018
GEJ appointed Dr. Bello H. Minister for Defence, Kebbi- when NW gave him the least number of votes
Re: Buhari: Got Only 198,000 Votes From South-east, Yet They Have 4 Senior Ministers by ebenholer(m): 1:15pm On Jan 20, 2018
Let the president make a full analysis of his appointment; ranging from customs, ministers, military, police, Civil defence, road safety, ambassadors, immigration, permanent secretary and so on. Ministerial appointment is just 5% of all appointment he had made. So he should be honest on this issue. He is either religiously or ethnically biased with his appointments.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Got Only 198,000 Votes From South-east, Yet They Have 4 Senior Ministers by yarimo(m): 1:23pm On Jan 20, 2018
obaataaokpaewu:
You won't even get upto 100k this time around
and yet BUHARI will still be president till 2023
Re: Buhari: Got Only 198,000 Votes From South-east, Yet They Have 4 Senior Ministers by yarimo(m): 1:25pm On Jan 20, 2018
psychologist:
See bigotry at its peak

So u still they carry figure for head like dada
Come 2019, I promise you won't get up to 19800
and I promise you BUHARI will and must still be president till 2023
Re: Buhari: Got Only 198,000 Votes From South-east, Yet They Have 4 Senior Ministers by dheilaw1(m): 1:36pm On Jan 20, 2018
gaskiyamagana:

Point of correction, they will wait till 2031because its going to be yoloba turn in 2023. Meanwhile, we are likely to muddle up political water to deny them even when that time comes.
you are very correct
Re: Buhari: Got Only 198,000 Votes From South-east, Yet They Have 4 Senior Ministers by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jan 20, 2018
NgeneUkwenu:
Thank You Mr. President.... 2019 we will deliver millions of votes from our Zone...

You and your family together with your ancestors will deliver 200 million votes for Buhari.

Buhari remains a bigot, unfit to be a ward councillor, an unrepentant tribalism, Islamist, vindictive and wicked.

Only a shytehole like Nigeria will have and tolerate a man like that to be president.

Every Nigerian will suffer the consequences of electing such a man president till our eyes clear.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Got Only 198,000 Votes From South-east, Yet They Have 4 Senior Ministers by ashjay001(m): 2:20pm On Jan 20, 2018
lohresloco:
if this guy wins 2019 , the death that will be recorded will be nothing short of amazing

I still believe, d deaths are induced. Too much, all at once, to be coincidence.
Re: Buhari: Got Only 198,000 Votes From South-east, Yet They Have 4 Senior Ministers by psychologist(m): 2:33pm On Jan 20, 2018
[s]
yarimo:
and I promise you BUHARI will and must still be president till 2023
[/s]

President of his house
Re: Buhari: Got Only 198,000 Votes From South-east, Yet They Have 4 Senior Ministers by bikefab(m): 2:42pm On Jan 20, 2018
Animal talk don start again...animal in craze man skin.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Got Only 198,000 Votes From South-east, Yet They Have 4 Senior Ministers by Arysexy(m): 2:51pm On Jan 20, 2018
CoolAmbience:

He was talking about prominence of roles / responsibilities not federal character.

Stop sounding unlearned and unteachable in one swoop.

You are putting Igbo in bad light with a comment like this.

So which of the prominent ministry is headed by an Igbo?

Power? Finance? Information? What are you yapping? We Igbo's refuse to be intimidated by bastard Buhari!

Fvck him!
Re: Buhari: Got Only 198,000 Votes From South-east, Yet They Have 4 Senior Ministers by CoolAmbience(m): 3:27pm On Jan 20, 2018
Arysexy:

So which of the prominent ministry is headed by an Igbo?

Power? Finance? Information? What are you yapping? We Igbo's refuse to be intimidated by bastard Buhari!

Fvck him!

So Foreign Affairs, Labour & Employment and Science & Technology aren't strategic? I am Igbo as well. I must say that you are way too uncouth and unqualified to speak for me or Ndigbo. Learned people don't go about being reckless with words and insulting their elders no matter what.

Go get some home training young man!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Governor Emmanuel Udom Reacts To Tinubu Calling Him 'That Boy' / List Of Senators-elect So Far Declared- Premium Times / Fashola, Tinubu Begs Igbo For Support. Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.