Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,733 members, 7,820,541 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:42 PM

The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors (35763 Views)

What Does The Bible Say About The Role Of Women I.e Women Pastors / The Stand Of The Bible On The Ordination Of Women Pastors. / Question: "Women Pastors / Preachers? Can A Woman Be A Pastor Or Preacher?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors by Omudia11: 11:43pm On Jan 21, 2018
Only weak men cry about feminists. And what is wrong with feminism and what has this subject got to do with feminism? Fact remains that Priscilla was a pastor and you can't do nothing about that other than bash feminists tongue
soberdrunk:
Feminists will not like this grin

1 Like

Re: The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 11:43pm On Jan 21, 2018
Onnasucs1:
hmmm... I don't even know what to say lipsrsealed
You don't need to say anything.
Re: The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors by Atlantia(f): 11:43pm On Jan 21, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
Every sane human being knows that apostle Paul was a misogynist what pains me most is that women are more religious than men when clearly Abrahamic religions don't favour women.

I know right?!

Only a few wise ones can read between the lines and figure it out.

Paul reminds me of today's 'Born-Again' Christians who become 'saved' and suddenly believe that everyone else has got it wrong.
The spirit of 'overdo', so to speak.

2 Likes

Re: The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors by Omudia11: 11:44pm On Jan 21, 2018
It's only confusing to followers of the paedophile tongue
yeyerolling:
The most confused religion is christianity
Re: The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 11:45pm On Jan 21, 2018
Atlantia:

I know right?!

Only a few wise ones can read between the lines and figure it out.

Paul reminds me of today's 'Born-Again' Christians who become 'saved' and suddenly believe that everyone else has got it wrong.
The spirit of 'overdo', so to speak.
When I was reading the bible and saw those verses I quickly looked for the history of Paul on the internet primitive men wrote the bible simple and straight.
Re: The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors by Omudia11: 11:45pm On Jan 21, 2018
Jesus Christ himself said there is neither male nor female and yours saying the exact opposite. So you know more than God abi?
Etuagievin:
. In Christ there is male or female . if Christ didn't consider it wrong he would HV gotten some female apostles. The holy spirit of God worked through those inspired men like Paul and the likes to speak against women teachers. We are using men's philosophy to thwart Gods message and the result will be disastrous
Re: The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors by Angelsss(f): 11:46pm On Jan 21, 2018
Foolish write up..Was Deborah a man? Hiding your woman hate filled body in church. Keep deceiving yourself
Re: The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors by Rubbiish(m): 11:47pm On Jan 21, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
You and I know that the bible was written by men and not inspired if not changes would not be recorded so don't deceive yourself apostle Paul was clearly a misogynist.
The bible was not written for any century or generation
Paul was not a misogynist, but he was blunt & outspoken
His point was to further buttress God's plan
He said things about man being alone to serve God properly, which catholics adopted...
Ever wondered why Christ never got married?
These are some of the things paul pointed out, they were too truthful, making them to sound unpleasant to our ears...Saying paul was a misogynist is like saying God is a misogynist...
Re: The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors by Omudia11: 11:47pm On Jan 21, 2018
Don't delude yourself. A prophet is the highest level a follower of Christ can be.
tempest01:

A prophet or prophetess is different from pastor. Though a pastor might also be a prophet or have the gift of prophesy
Re: The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors by Nobody: 11:47pm On Jan 21, 2018
majekdom2:
God does not have a order in his kingdom. The pharisees asked him, it is in moses' law that a woman be betrothed to her husband brother when she dies and they asked what if a brothers dies marrying her, who will marry her in heaven. Jesus answered there is no such "marriage" in heaven. There is no male or female but God checks the heart!
. It is clear you don't respect God's order.
Re: The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors by Omudia11: 11:48pm On Jan 21, 2018
Pls keep quiet. God had female prophetesses and leaders in the bible. Anyone can misinterpret the bible just as anyone can misinterpret any book.
Daeylar:
The simple reason why is because "God" is a fictitous creature, created by misogynistic men in their book of fairy tales they call the bible, so of course they will give him the same misogynistic values they share.
The end. grin
Re: The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 11:50pm On Jan 21, 2018
Rubbiish:

The bible was not written for any century or generation
Paul was not a misogynist, but he was blunt & outspoken
His point was to further buttress God's plan
He said things about man being alone to serve God properly, which catholics adopted...
Ever wondered why Christ never got married?
These are some of the things paul pointed out, they were too truthful, making them to sound unpleasant to our ears...Saying paul was a misogynist is like saying God is a misogynist...
Who is deceiving you have you heard about the council of Nicea do you know the original text of the bible are Greek,hebrew and aramaic the old testament laws re clearly for the Jews if God inspired a book that supports genocide,slavery,racism,women oppression and so on then you got to be kidding me.
Re: The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors by zionmde: 11:52pm On Jan 21, 2018
solite3:
may God forgive you who told you words in italics were added?
Hope you know adding to scripture is a sin.
The scripture is not for private interpretations or assumptions.
It was pricilia and acquilia that expanded the word to Apollos. Apollos already knew the word.

Not only timothy and phoebe but peter James and john also.
u re really very religious.
go and do ur research and stop sounding ignorant.
Words in italics were not originally there. secondly wat is the difference between teaching and expounding?
Re: The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors by Onnasucs1(m): 11:54pm On Jan 21, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
You don't need to say anything.
OK Ma. Shey I can sleep now abi?
Re: The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors by Omudia11: 11:54pm On Jan 21, 2018
Lol, clear on what? Stop adding and subtracting to the bible. Prophethood is the highest call to the service in God's kingdom and they were female prophetesses so your opinion belongs to the garbage.
Uyi168:
...the scripture is clear..
Re: The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jan 21, 2018
majekdom2:
did Paul pastor any church? Did they have pastors then. Y' all should understand times and reason. It wasn't about pastoring but a woman teaching a man how to lead when she isn't the leader was what Paul talked about.
why will there be leader since you said there is no order? Did Paul say Priscilla was a leader? Where did Paul say women shoul not teach a man? Paul's message was about order in the church.
Re: The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors by Nobody: 11:56pm On Jan 21, 2018
Omudia11:
Lol, clear on what? Stop adding and subtracting to the bible. Prophethood is the highest call to the service in God's kingdom and they were female prophetesses so your opinion belongs to the garbage.
wrong Apostle is the highest
Re: The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors by Rubbiish(m): 11:56pm On Jan 21, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
Who is deceiving you have you heard about the council of Nicea do you know the original text of the bible are Greek,hebrew and aramaic the old testament laws re clearly for the Jews if God inspired a book that supports genocide,slavery,racism,women oppression and so on then you got to be kidding me.
Bible wey contain ten commandments naim u say supports the bold?
Na wa for una ooo
U women can go any length to paint good as evil...na wa ooo
Re: The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors by Nobody: 11:57pm On Jan 21, 2018
[quote author=Omudia11 post=64404462]Lol, clear on what? Stop adding and subtracting to the bible. Prophethood is the highest call to the service in God's kingdom and they were female prophetesses so your opinion belongs to the garbage.[/quoter] wrong apostle is the highest
Re: The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 11:57pm On Jan 21, 2018
ejikemeuwa:
Good one. As it is in the Bible not all these feminism induced preaching of some people of some selfish instruments of the devil. Feminists may not like this
Feminist are not of the devil they are against the misogyny of your bible.
Re: The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors by Omudia11: 11:57pm On Jan 21, 2018
Come upon Who?
Gungnir:

Sit down there make sokoto dey wear you.

Game don change big time. If I didn't come upon him, I will be saying the same thing you are saying.
Re: The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 11:59pm On Jan 21, 2018
Onnasucs1:
OK Ma. Shey I can sleep now abi?
If you like.
Re: The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors by h20water(m): 12:00am On Jan 22, 2018
Geeklady:
There are 5 points I want to bring out about these passages:

Learn in silence
All subjection
Not to teach
Nor usurp authority over the man
Adam was first formed, then Eve
Learn in silence

It’s commanded that women should learn in silence and it’s mentioned twice. Why is this? Perhaps this passage in first Peter will shed some light on that

1 Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives; 2 While they behold your chaste conversation coupled with fear. 3 Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel; 4 But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price. 5 For after this manner in the old time the holy women also, who trusted in God, adorned themselves, being in subjection unto their own husbands: 6 Even as Sara obeyed Abraham, calling him lord: whose daughters ye are, as long as ye do well, and are not afraid with any amazement. (1 Peter 3:1-6)

We see in the latter part of verse four that God considers a woman who is meek and quiet (silent) to be precious. This doesn’t mean women can’t ever speak; it just means they should guard against the fallen nature which is loud and proud (Prov 9:13; 7:11).

Silence and meekness are how godly women ought to behave because this is God’s will. So all Paul is doing is repeating God’s will, but this can’t be accomplished if she’s shepherding a church.

All subjection

The next word we find is “subjection;” this means obedience, yielding to another’s admonition or advice. This is the role of the wife concerning her husband. If the man isn’t telling his wife to disobey God, she should be submitting to her husband’s direction in all areas.

We must also remember why women were created: to help the man fulfill the call of God for his life (Gen 2:18-24). After the fall, God said that the husband would rule over his wife (Gen 3:16). This is because Adam initially submitted to his wife’s advice, disobeyed God, and perverted the roles. So God had to re-establish his order again. So how can a woman co-pastor the flock and be in subjection to her husband? She can’t.

Not to teach

Because a woman’s role is to support her husband in all subjection, she can’t fulfill her role as a woman if she’s teaching men at her local church. Teaching men requires authority and leading which isn’t in her role as a woman in relation to men and especially husbands. Instead, she should be learning, and if she has children, teaching them.

Nor usurp authority over the man

Usurp means to take (a position of power or importance) illegally or by force; this may have been what was happening in Timothy’s church back then, and what’s surely happening in many churches today—women taking the authority of men; and by force! As Paul says, this must not be tolerated.

Adam was first formed, then Eve

By stating that Adam was made first and then Eve, Paul was re-establishing order once again. God has set up an order, and it must be followed. It doesn’t matter if a woman has an anointing on her life, or a revelation to start a church, this isn’t her role.

She should be focused on supporting her husband in his duty as pastor. And if she’s not married, to concentrate on learning how to be that meek and quiet spirit God so treasures so she can adequately support that husband God brings her.

The order is: the husband leads, the wife follows and supports. The wife cannot co-pastor the church of God, this is not her role.

God bless u
Re: The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors by Onnasucs1(m): 12:03am On Jan 22, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
if you like.
cun be like say we dey fight before. Chai.

Re: The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors by Nobody: 12:03am On Jan 22, 2018
zionmde:

u re really very religious.
go and do ur research and stop sounding ignorant.
Words in italics were not originally there. secondly wat is the difference between teaching and expounding?
present the proof that KJV added words written in italics.
Re: The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 12:04am On Jan 22, 2018
Rubbiish:

Bible wey contain ten commandments naim u say supports the bold?
Na wa for una ooo
U women can go any length to paint good as evil...na wa ooo
Do not convert thy neighbours wife does it not sound like property to you that verse clearly shows how women were viewed.Does the old testament only contain the ten commandments?When the children of Israel fought against their enemies were those not genocide.Seriously read your bible critically because I read mine as well.I am not an atheist or agnostic so don't paint me as one.But I can never believe in a God that supports those things I mentioned.
Re: The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 12:04am On Jan 22, 2018
Onnasucs1:
cun be like say we dey fight before. Chai.
I hate misogynistic men.
Re: The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors by Atlantia(f): 12:06am On Jan 22, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
When I was reading the bible and saw those verses I quickly looked for the history of Paul on the internet primitive men wrote the bible simple and straight.

2 Timothy 3:16 (KJV)
"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness..."
Inspired men, my dear... Inspired men. smiley grin

Goodnight. smiley
Re: The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 12:07am On Jan 22, 2018
Atlantia:

2 Timothy 3:16 (KJV)
"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness..."
Inspired men, my dear... Inspired men. smiley grin

Goodnight. smiley
Nor be only inspired good night.
Re: The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors by kokomilala(m): 12:09am On Jan 22, 2018
Geeklady, God bless you! Women of this age won't agree with you. I read Sunday Times of London about 2 weeks ago of how women in the West seize every instance of contact to rope men. And, it's happening here now-women calling out men, even at the slightest offence, saying they are raped. The conclusion :women of this age are too self-centred, self-willed. Even the so called Christian women are drifting away from God, upturning God's order. They no longer drop their father's name and, at times, ask stupid questions whether lesbianism is sin.
Re: The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors by zionmde: 12:14am On Jan 22, 2018
solite3:
present the proof that KJV added words written in italics.
For u not to know that means u know nothing about theology. U haven't been really exposed to something's behind the scene. The original manuscripts are still there, theologians still compare versions of the bible with it. I pity people like u anyway who are religious enough to tell God whom to use and whom not to use.
Re: The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors by Nobody: 12:15am On Jan 22, 2018
solite3:
why will there be leader since you said there is no order? Did Paul say Priscilla was a leader? Where did Paul say women shoul not teach a man? Paul's message was about order in the church.
what is christ's message. Paul is a man like me and you. He is not a mediator, he is not a saviour. We follow jesus's instructions not paul. Paul was only a guideline. The same Paul advised people not to marry with reasons. How many have followed that advice. We should use our common sense now. Haba

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Daddy Freeze: I Was Attacked By Religious Mafia, It's Not God's Wrath / Anglican Church Bans Use Of Brochure, Asoebi At Funerals / Onye Eze At Father Mbaka's 24th Priestly Anniversary Celebration (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.