Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,745 members, 7,813,439 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:21 PM

The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors (35701 Views)

What Does The Bible Say About The Role Of Women I.e Women Pastors / The Stand Of The Bible On The Ordination Of Women Pastors. / Question: "Women Pastors / Preachers? Can A Woman Be A Pastor Or Preacher?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors by Rigel95(m): 8:49pm On Jan 21, 2018
kk
Re: The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors by Amarabae(f): 8:50pm On Jan 21, 2018
Nonsense.
Arrant nonsense.
Don't hide behind the Holy Bible to express ur misogynistic postulation.
Men and women are equal before the Lord..
Deborah was anointed by God to lead Israel as a Judge, is it pastoring that God can't assign to a woman?
What about Anna the prophetess?
Go and sit down

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors by teamsynergy: 8:51pm On Jan 21, 2018
what of a female lecturer? since women are never to teach me.. oh and Sunday school teachers.......

2 Likes

Re: The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors by Onnasucs1(m): 8:53pm On Jan 21, 2018
cool I love the way you carefully explained this...nice one

1 Corinthians 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.
1 Corinthians 11:4 Every man praying or prophesying, having his head covered, dishonoureth his head.
1 Corinthians 11:5 But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven.

The head of the man is Christ
The head of the woman is the man

So any man that wants to carryout pastoral duties {praying or prophesying (preaching)} must not do it under the authority of a woman or anyone except Christ. Because Christ is his head(authority)

Any woman that does pastoral duties ( praying or prophesying) without a man ( her head) being the authority(her cover) she is under while praying or prophesying, dishonours her head(the man)

Which is why a woman can pastor a church, she must be under the cover(authority of a man) if not, she has distorted an order: Christ-Man-Woman

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jan 21, 2018
The most confused religion is christianity

7 Likes

Re: The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors by saaedlee: 8:58pm On Jan 21, 2018
Please I'll like to get a another concise view apart from the Op's
Re: The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jan 21, 2018
zionmde:

so who was the pastor of the church in their house because last time I checked Paul said Priscilla and Aquilla and not Aquilla and Priscilla 1 corr 16:19
now let me give u a little roman background. A wife is never mentioned before a husband unless in case of societal hierarchy. there were only 2 possible pastors of the church in the couples house either Priscilla or Aquila. the fact the Paul always mentioned Priscilla before Aquila showed that Priscilla had more authority in the church than Aquila. Meaning Priscilla was the head of that church

I see no good reason to agree with you.

1 Like

Re: The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors by Uyi168: 8:59pm On Jan 21, 2018
Gungnir:
Bullshit...

Was it God who made that law or the apostles?
..The apostles got the inspiration from god..
Re: The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jan 21, 2018
Paul said that based on his knowledge and the same Paul said.. there is no male or female in Christ but we are one. God does not forbid female pastors. He can use any one. Paul made that reference as regards the ministers and leaders during his time. Meaning a woman is not permitted to teach a man leader. There were female ministers in his ministry and he acknowledged a few of them. Any one can preach the gospel.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors by Etuagievin(m): 9:00pm On Jan 21, 2018
Hiswordxray:
shocked What! this is just terrible. This can only be a lack of a proper understanding of Christ. We do not understand Christ as a result we create all kinds of terrible doctrines, doctrines that deny us of our glory.

"There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus." (Gal 3:28).

In Christ there is nothing like male or female. Male and female only exist in the natural world but in the new creation there is no male or female all are one.
. In Christ there is male or female . if Christ didn't consider it wrong he would HV gotten some female apostles. The holy spirit of God worked through those inspired men like Paul and the likes to speak against women teachers. We are using men's philosophy to thwart Gods message and the result will be disastrous

2 Likes

Re: The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jan 21, 2018
Uyi168:
..The apostles got the inspiration from god..

Did God tell you so?

And couldn't God have changed his reasons?

1 Like

Re: The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors by Atlantia(f): 9:01pm On Jan 21, 2018
Finally! A man who knows the mind of God.

I wonder how you do it OP... do you have a meeting place where you sit and discuss with HIM? Does he favour gardens? (The garden of Eden comes to mind)
Or do you visit heaven now and then to have a chat with the creator?

Mtcheew! Assigned roles ko...

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors by Rigel95(m): 9:01pm On Jan 21, 2018
solite3:
false teaching that has peverted this era is alarming. What op wrote is true! You don't bring worldly philosophy into Christ and call it freedom! Man and Woman are equal heir of salvation , yes but both have different roles in the kingdom.
God's order has always been.
God
Christ
Man
Woman

so Jesus is not God?

1 Like

Re: The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors by tempest01(m): 9:03pm On Jan 21, 2018
zionmde:
but Philip had 4 daughters and they all prophesied. Where else did they prophesy if not in the church? A

A prophet or prophetess is different from pastor. Though a pastor might also be a prophet or have the gift of prophesy
Re: The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors by Daeylar(f): 9:06pm On Jan 21, 2018
The simple reason why is because "God" is a fictitous creature, created by misogynistic men in their book of fairy tales they call the bible, so of course they will give him the same misogynistic values they share.
The end. grin

3 Likes

Re: The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors by Eldavis(m): 9:06pm On Jan 21, 2018
Daviddson:
Solite3 and Geeklady, I have this question for you: Are you saying a woman should refuse to answer the call of God if He calls her to start a pastoral ministry?

Thank you for dis question
Re: The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors by Uyi168: 9:06pm On Jan 21, 2018
Gungnir:

Did God tell you so?

..U cnt be a christian and be arguing this with me...all scriptures are inspired by god..
Re: The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors by imam07: 9:07pm On Jan 21, 2018
Very interesting trend. We need theologians in this room. More please.
Re: The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors by stevejomo(m): 9:08pm On Jan 21, 2018
Hiswordxray:
shocked What! this is just terrible. This can only be a lack of a proper understanding of Christ. We do not understand Christ as a result we create all kinds of terrible doctrines, doctrines that deny us of our glory.

"There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus." (Gal 3:28).

In Christ there is nothing like male or female. Male and female only exist in the natural world but in the new creation there is no male or female all are one.
you may be right but there was no female among the twelve apostles

3 Likes

Re: The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors by teamsynergy: 9:08pm On Jan 21, 2018
Atlantia:
Finally! A man who knows the mind of God.

I wonder how you do it OP... do you have a meeting place where you sit and discuss with HIM? Does he favour gardens? (The garden of Eden comes to mind)
Or do you visit heaven now and then to have a chat with the creator?

Mtcheew! Assigned roles ko...

it really amazes me how people just quote the Scripture to favour their bais....

am sure the op won't agree to a female governor, lecturer or any position of authority...

all I know is, there has to Bea calling before you start working for God and he can choose any gender.... those people never really valued women as it is still being practised in the middle east and Africa.
religion is the strongest force behind patriarchy and the relegation of the female gender

5 Likes

Re: The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors by Uyi168: 9:09pm On Jan 21, 2018
Gungnir:

Did God tell you so?
..Also check 2timothy 3:16
Re: The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors by Kimcutie: 9:10pm On Jan 21, 2018
Daeylar:
The simple reason why is because "God" is a fictitous creature, created by misogynistic men in their book of fairy tales they call the bible, so of course they will give him the same misogynistic values they share.
The end. grin
When you leave this earth(death) only then you will have an answer.
Re: The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors by stevejomo(m): 9:12pm On Jan 21, 2018
Daeylar:
The end. grin
eeyaaa
Re: The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors by qrymz(m): 9:14pm On Jan 21, 2018
Geeklady:

The controversial question of whether or not it’s right for women to pastor churches or co-pastor with their husbands has come up again. This time, in one of my circles. My view has been that God prohibits this practice. So I did another study to be sure if my view aligned with God’s.

What prompted this study was when a prominent, well-loved and respected pastor by me and many others came out and said that he supported the practice of women pastors. After launching his new ministry page on Facebook, it featured him and his wife as pastors of their church.

His announcement, through a public video on Facebook, drew almost 300 comments. Half of which included the pastor and those that agreed with the practice, and the rest that didn’t.

It was that argument with both sides bringing up scriptures to justify their position. In those 300-plus comments, all I saw was a back-and-forth about what the Bible says. But no one talked about the dangers of this practice and the end effect on the human soul. And so, this is the reason behind this article.

First off, I’m not against women teaching other women or children. I do believe women can prophesy, and share the gospel. However, I do believe God prohibits women from leading his flock.

So, I will present to you the real reason why women are not allowed to lead and teach men in the Church, I’ll submit scripture to back it up, and then I’ll talk about the adverse outcome of this disorderly practice.

The real reason

The real reason women aren’t allowed to pastor is not because they’re easily manipulated, or too emotional for the pulpit, no, it’s simply because it’s not in their assigned roles as women.

God assigned roles to men and women from the beginning of creation. He expects those roles to be played out in his church as well—there are no exceptions. When the roles are switched, God is angry, and Satan has an entry point.

Let’s see what the Bible explicitly says (this is the apostle Paul speaking):

Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer [tolerate] not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression. (1 Timothy 2:11-14)

God bless you big for this. I've had this argument with a lot of ppl severally
Re: The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors by Eldavis(m): 9:14pm On Jan 21, 2018
In d bible dere were soo mani female prophetest
Even in d book of judges dere was a female judge who went too war with the children of Israel n led men

If u go tru ur bible u would find out that jesus came for the jews bt the jews were nt ready so the gospel was spread to the Gentiles as well as long as they belived
God works wit the heart and he uses anyone he sees ready wit an open heart be it man or woman boy or girl……
Anyone

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors by Atlantia(f): 9:14pm On Jan 21, 2018
teamsynergy:

it really amazes me how people just quote the Scripture to favour their bais....

am sure the op won't agree to a female governor, lecturer or any position of authority...

all I know is, there has to Bea calling before you start working for God and he can choose any gender.... those people never really valued women as it is still being practised in the middle east and Africa.
religion is the strongest force behind patriarchy and the relegation of the female gender
Exactly.
He carefully ignored the roles women played in the scriptures.

I really don't blame him. Most of the active 'players' in the Bible were of the male gender and he feels that women should remain in the background. Apostle Paul's teachings are fodder for his likes.

Misogynistic nitwit! Excuse my French. smiley

2 Likes

Re: The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors by tbaby534(f): 9:15pm On Jan 21, 2018
For your mind gender dey heaven. #nonsense

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jan 21, 2018
Uyi168:
..U cnt be a christian and be arguing this with me...all scriptures are inspired by god..

Yinmu, are God to know his mind at all times. God can use anyone or thing to achieve his aim.

1 Like

Re: The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors by Kay25(m): 9:16pm On Jan 21, 2018
Geeklady:

The controversial question of whether or not it’s right for women to pastor churches or co-pastor with their husbands has come up again. This time, in one of my circles. My view has been that God prohibits this practice. So I did another study to be sure if my view aligned with God’s.

What prompted this study was when a prominent, well-loved and respected pastor by me and many others came out and said that he supported the practice of women pastors. After launching his new ministry page on Facebook, it featured him and his wife as pastors of their church.

His announcement, through a public video on Facebook, drew almost 300 comments. Half of which included the pastor and those that agreed with the practice, and the rest that didn’t.

It was that argument with both sides bringing up scriptures to justify their position. In those 300-plus comments, all I saw was a back-and-forth about what the Bible says. But no one talked about the dangers of this practice and the end effect on the human soul. And so, this is the reason behind this article.

First off, I’m not against women teaching other women or children. I do believe women can prophesy, and share the gospel. However, I do believe God prohibits women from leading his flock.

So, I will present to you the real reason why women are not allowed to lead and teach men in the Church, I’ll submit scripture to back it up, and then I’ll talk about the adverse outcome of this disorderly practice.

The real reason

The real reason women aren’t allowed to pastor is not because they’re easily manipulated, or too emotional for the pulpit, no, it’s simply because it’s not in their assigned roles as women.

God assigned roles to men and women from the beginning of creation. He expects those roles to be played out in his church as well—there are no exceptions. When the roles are switched, God is angry, and Satan has an entry point.

Let’s see what the Bible explicitly says (this is the apostle Paul speaking):

Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer [tolerate] not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression. (1 Timothy 2:11-14)
Go and read kenneth e hagins book on the women question u will understand better ur reason is pshychological
Re: The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors by diluewunmi: 9:16pm On Jan 21, 2018
Geeklady:
There are 5 points I want to bring out about these passages:

Learn in silence
All subjection
Not to teach
Nor usurp authority over the man
Adam was first formed, then Eve
Learn in silence

It’s commanded that women should learn in silence and it’s mentioned twice. Why is this? Perhaps this passage in first Peter will shed some light on that:

1 Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives; 2 While they behold your chaste conversation coupled with fear. 3 Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel; 4 But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price. 5 For after this manner in the old time the holy women also, who trusted in God, adorned themselves, being in subjection unto their own husbands: 6 Even as Sara obeyed Abraham, calling him lord: whose daughters ye are, as long as ye do well, and are not afraid with any amazement. (1 Peter 3:1-6)

We see in the latter part of verse four that God considers a woman who is meek and quiet (silent) to be precious. This doesn’t mean women can’t ever speak; it just means they should guard against the fallen nature which is loud and proud (Prov 9:13; 7:11).

Silence and meekness are how godly women ought to behave because this is God’s will. So all Paul is doing is repeating God’s will, but this can’t be accomplished if she’s shepherding a church.

All subjection

The next word we find is “subjection;” this means obedience, yielding to another’s admonition or advice. This is the role of the wife concerning her husband. If the man isn’t telling his wife to disobey God, she should be submitting to her husband’s direction in all areas.

We must also remember why women were created: to help the man fulfill the call of God for his life (Gen 2:18-24). After the fall, God said that the husband would rule over his wife (Gen 3:16). This is because Adam initially submitted to his wife’s advice, disobeyed God, and perverted the roles. So God had to re-establish his order again. So how can a woman co-pastor the flock and be in subjection to her husband? She can’t.

Not to teach

Because a woman’s role is to support her husband in all subjection, she can’t fulfill her role as a woman if she’s teaching men at her local church. Teaching men requires authority and leading which isn’t in her role as a woman in relation to men and especially husbands. Instead, she should be learning, and if she has children, teaching them.

Nor usurp authority over the man

Usurp means to take (a position of power or importance) illegally or by force; this may have been what was happening in Timothy’s church back then, and what’s surely happening in many churches today—women taking the authority of men; and by force! As Paul says, this must not be tolerated.

Adam was first formed, then Eve

By stating that Adam was made first and then Eve, Paul was re-establishing order once again. God has set up an order, and it must be followed. It doesn’t matter if a woman has an anointing on her life, or a revelation to start a church, this isn’t her role.

She should be focused on supporting her husband in his duty as pastor. And if she’s not married, to concentrate on learning how to be that meek and quiet spirit God so treasures so she can adequately support that husband God brings her.

The order is: the husband leads, the wife follows and supports. The wife cannot co-pastor the church of God, this is not her role.

My question is was it Jesus who spoke about women not teaching etc or his diciples If not Jesus, then you can as well tell me that everything pastors of this age say must be adhered strictly to because they are modern day disciples.... If Jesus didnt say it, then men's ego has been before creation

1 Like

Re: The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors by itsmeurLady(f): 9:18pm On Jan 21, 2018
Lemme rephrase " The Real Reason Why You Prohibit Women Pastors" Not God. Abeg no lie for God head, which God tell u this one? The same God wey I dey serve, BIG LIE from the pit of hell. Women of God calls you, Go ahead and do the work of God, don't listen to naysayers, wat about Kathryn Kullman ( don't know if I spelt her name correctly) she was a pastor till death and it was her teaching that inspired Great Men Of God like Pastor Benny hin, Pastor Chris And so Many other Great Men Of God. Thank God say God no be Man, Cs if God be man we for don die finish because of all these their falsehoods and condemnations. Thank God Christ Died for us all and not only Men, So if u are given the Mantle to preach, Preach Sister and let no Man stop You. The Church is Marching On and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors by omerta07(m): 9:20pm On Jan 21, 2018
Dont come here and preach heresy Ma'am. If you get to a church and notice it has a woman preaching, please just face front and mind ya business mbok!!!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Pastor Touching Men's Manhood To Pray For Them (Video) / Pastor Adeboye Speaks On Biodun Fatoyinbo, COZA Rape Allegation (Video) / "GOAT" People Have No Place In The Kingdom Of God - Evangelist Mike Bamiloye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.