Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,922 members, 7,835,077 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors (35849 Views)

What Does The Bible Say About The Role Of Women I.e Women Pastors / The Stand Of The Bible On The Ordination Of Women Pastors. / Question: "Women Pastors / Preachers? Can A Woman Be A Pastor Or Preacher?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors by twosquare(m): 11:32am On Jan 22, 2018
stallionng:
the op is right,Christ practiced this too,the 12 disciples never had a woman. women can prophesy not pastoring. how can a woman lay hand on a man to anoint him while she may be unclean during her period?
women are not to pastor church.
Even in New Testament...SMH
Re: The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors by stallionng: 11:34am On Jan 22, 2018
the op is right,Christ practiced this too,the 12 disciples never had a woman. women can prophesy not pastoring. how can a woman lay hand on a man to anoint him while she may be unclean during her period or serve communion??
women are not to pastor church.Roman Catholic church practices this,only Rev.Fathers preach and serve Communion
Re: The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors by Obalende: 11:38am On Jan 22, 2018
stallionng:
the op is right,Christ practiced this too,the 12 disciples never had a woman. women can prophesy not pastoring. how can a woman lay hand on a man to anoint him while she may be unclean during her period?
women are not to pastor church.
So men are not unclean when they have erections at the sight of women?
Re: The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors by twosquare(m): 11:50am On Jan 22, 2018
piagetskinner:
a woman can be a pastor..no big deal in that...

the bone of contention here is even if a woman is the pastor overseer or whatever...she must drop all that when she's in her husbands house..because the husband is still her head..no matter how highly placed she is

our women/sisters always find this hard to swallow...but its the truth
well said.. So simple.
Re: The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors by delishpot: 11:54am On Jan 22, 2018
VictorRomanov:

You are highly mistaken. Women followed Jesus around and ministered to him. If he wanted to, He would have made one an apostle or even given clear directions for one to be made much later, but he didn't.

You can't guarantee that it did not happen. You just haven't known about it. Maybe he did but the church decided not to say it.
Re: The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors by stallionng: 11:54am On Jan 22, 2018
pastoring or preaching in the Alter is likened to the holy of holies in the bible,which of these women you mentioned entered the holy of holies??
Re: The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors by VictorRomanov: 12:28pm On Jan 22, 2018
delishpot:

You can't guarantee that it did not happen. You just haven't known about it. Maybe he did but the church decided not to say it.

You want to use a 'may be' to establish a doctrine as fundemental as this. Interesting. Let's just stick to what we know from the bible we have.
Re: The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jan 22, 2018
Obalende:

And what makes the men folk so special? It was said in Leviticus that the unclothedness of each woman belongs to her husband yet today women walk around half naked and get away with it. So that scripture is no longer effective because marriage is no longer as relevant as it once was.

Same goes for male privilege. It was once the case that women should not do watever ober men this was predicated on the assumption that men would be responsible.

But today look at wat men do: 419, looting government funds, kidnapping, murder, one chance, idolatry (treating woman as god).

It's hard for men to swallow and hurts the pride bit today a woman can authority over man in church.

inspite of the fact that Saul had sin and God had rejected him, David did not use that as an advantage to usurp his authority even while had the opportunity.
Michael when having a dispute with the devil did not start to rail accusations against him

Jude 1:9 Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.

You don't go against God because of man or woman, the church is for God and he has total control over her.

Any woman who subject herself to God will enjoy her marriage because God would fight her battles. Through her chaste character coupled with Godly fear she can win her unbelieving husband's heart.

Both men and women are sinners before God.
When a woman is not subject to her husband how can he correct her? Note some women hate to be corrected by a man they see it as oppression.
The whole society has been taken over by sin. Feminism is nothing but a call to reject what God has set down and accept so called freedom or liberation.
Jesus came to reconcile both men and women to God. This world is not our own neither are we the owner of ourselves we must appreciate God for creating we must abide by his rules and not rub it on his face. The enemy is not man or woman or God but the devil who destroyed the relationship God had with man by deceiving eve.
Re: The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors by Obalende: 2:06pm On Jan 22, 2018
solite3:
inspite of the fact that Saul had sin and God had rejected him, David did not use that as an advantage to usurp his authority even while had the opportunity.
Michael when having a dispute with the devil did not start to rail accusations against him

Jude 1:9 Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.

You don't go against God because of man or woman, the church is for God and he has total control over her.

Any woman who subject herself to God will enjoy her marriage because God would fight her battles. Through her chaste character coupled with Godly fear she can win her unbelieving husband's heart.

Both men and women are sinners before God.
When a woman is not subject to her husband how can he correct her? Note some women hate to be corrected by a man they see it as oppression.
The whole society has been taken over by sin. Feminism is nothing but a call to reject what God has set down and accept so called freedom or liberation.
Jesus came to reconcile both men and women to God. This world is not our own neither are we the owner of ourselves we must appreciate God for creating we must abide by his rules and not rub it on his face. The enemy is not man or woman or God but the devil who destroyed the relationship God had with man by deceiving eve.
And when a man is not subject to the wife, how can the wife correct him?

Partriarchy is flattering!

This belief that just for being born a man then all power to you.
Re: The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors by Theboss100(m): 2:59pm On Jan 22, 2018
twosquare:
Then they should not even help you sing praises and worship if they are not permitted to speak. Perhaps you should read the whole chapter... Like I said, it still pinpoints spiritual protocol and order of not usurping. Check all the bolded... Paul was rebuking the lack of order in the Corinthians church...women are not to usurp that authority. They have to be given the clearance, especially when it comes to doctrinal issues...some, I perceive, because of their spiritual office don't want to be under obedience...breaking the spiritual order of gender creation... So, Paul said, let them keep shut. It is a shame, let them ask their husbands. These are married folks. If you cannot submit to your husband, you don't have the right to speak in the gathering of the saints. A wife must first be the husband's convert, and whatever she is saying must have been through the teaching of the husband--who is the priest of his household. Paul explained better to Timothy.
The bible must be strickly adhere to for our salvation. If you keep some and disobey some your salvation is not guaranteed.
Re: The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors by Kennyxton: 3:59pm On Jan 22, 2018
Onnasucs1:
nice one...I now understand more.

@ the bolded, are you a deeper lifer?

No.
Re: The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors by 2ScrewsLoose: 6:32pm On Jan 22, 2018
Obalende:

God had power to birth Son of God anyhow He wanted but chose through woman to show female superiority of men in spiritual matters.
hmmm na wa o,,, well done o
Re: The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jan 22, 2018
Obalende:

And when a man is not subject to the wife, how can the wife correct him?

Partriarchy is flattering!

This belief that just for being born a man then all power to you.
who told you the husband cannot submit to the wife? It is God that has all power not man. Christianity is not humanism.
The wife can correct the husband.anybody that refuses to take correction is proud.
You don't understand patriarchy. Don't confuse misogyny with patriarchy. In patriarchy man takes responsibility for his family the woman does not take the blame if anything happens but the man. That is why Adam is to be blame for letting sin into the world although it was the woman that was deceived.
The bible does teach husbands to love their wives as christ love the church, for every christian Christ is our role model. What should be preached is the gospel that is what God gave to us, that is what can really change the human heart and not feminism or any other worldly philosophy.

1 Like

Re: The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors by Bertinsmart(m): 8:38pm On Jan 22, 2018
You people drank too much alchohol
Re: The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors by freecocoa(f): 9:17pm On Jan 22, 2018
Uyi168:
..are u dsame person as freecocoa?
Why would you ask that?
Re: The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors by Hiswordxray(m): 10:04pm On Jan 22, 2018
Neatboy:

Why do you people always turn the Scripture upside down? Apostle Paul was referring to social classes in this regard and not genders.
It seems you did not notice, let me quote the verse again
"There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus." (Gal 3:28).

I have made the gender part bold just in case. Don't let your doctrine blind you, it is clearly stated in the bible. In Christ we are beyond gender or any other kind of segregation and discrimination known to men.

Neatboy:

Even in heaven there is orderliness and hierarchies. Administrative works in heaven doesn't clash. All the angels in heaven do not have equal ranks. God had chose to replicate this same orderliness of heaven in earthly families to show us the shadow of the real thing that exist in heaven. So, He chose the man to be the physical, spiritual, social and financial head of the family not the woman. That is why I pity any man whose wife goes to church every Sunday while he stays back watching movie... Don't just be the financial head of the family, be the spiritual head.

You are still missing it, you do not see who Christ is, you do not know the reality in Christ. God did not pattern the reality in Christ based on heaven, he may pattern the reality of the natural world that way but not Christ. Christ is patterned according to God, for he is God. And in God there is no hierarchy, the Father, the Son and the Spirit are equal and one. This what Paul meant when he said we are all one, non is greater than the other.
Re: The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors by Uyi168: 10:12pm On Jan 22, 2018
freecocoa:
Why would you ask that?
..I've nt been seeing u around..and u too have almost the same style of writing...actually thought it was alt moniker
Re: The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors by freecocoa(f): 10:25pm On Jan 22, 2018
Uyi168:
..I've nt been seeing u around..and u too have almost the same style of writing...actually thought it was alt moniker
I see.

1 Like

Re: The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors by Omudia11: 7:01am On Jan 23, 2018
Same bible that endorsed Anna the prophetess?
Uyi168:
...ur bible was very clear when it said women should remain quiet,shouldnt teach in the church..i think u are d one adding/subtracting 4rm d bible...
Re: The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 7:42am On Jan 23, 2018
stallionng:
the op is right,Christ practiced this too,the 12 disciples never had a woman. women can prophesy not pastoring. how can a woman lay hand on a man to anoint him while she may be unclean during her period or serve communion??
women are not to pastor church.Roman Catholic church practices this,only Rev.Fathers preach and serve Communion
See your useless mentality even in this time and age a woman seeing her period is still regarded as unclean and I thought some people went to school this was the same process used in birthing you .Rubbish women have started pastoring and will continue to.No wonder some people say religion oppresses women.
Re: The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 7:44am On Jan 23, 2018
piagetskinner:
a woman can be a pastor..no big deal in that...

the bone of contention here is even if a woman is the pastor overseer or whatever...she must drop all that when she's in her husbands house..because the husband is still her head..no matter how highly placed she is

our women/sisters always find this hard to swallow...but its the truth
Stop writing nonsense.
Re: The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 7:47am On Jan 23, 2018
twosquare:
Then they should not even help you sing praises and worship if they are not permitted to speak. Perhaps you should read the whole chapter... Like I said, it still pinpoints spiritual protocol and order of not usurping. Check all the bolded... Paul was rebuking the lack of order in the Corinthians church...women are not to usurp that authority. They have to be given the clearance, especially when it comes to doctrinal issues...some, I perceive, because of their spiritual office don't want to be under obedience...breaking the spiritual order of gender creation... So, Paul said, let them keep shut. It is a shame, let them ask their husbands. These are married folks. If you cannot submit to your husband, you don't have the right to speak in the gathering of the saints. A wife must first be the husband's convert, and whatever she is saying must have been through the teaching of the husband--who is the priest of his household. Paul explained better to Timothy.
Stop writing nonsense.
Re: The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors by piagetskinner(m): 11:20am On Jan 23, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
Stop writing nonsense.

the truth is like yoyo bitters..u cannot blame me for your inability to comprehend and accept what I wrote up there
Re: The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 11:32am On Jan 23, 2018
piagetskinner:

the truth is like yoyo bitters..u cannot blame me for your inability to comprehend and accept what I wrote up there
You should also know that it was primitive and misogynistic men that wrote that and not an inspiration from God I would advise that you do your little research and check on the pseudoepigrapha of the bible before coming here to write rubbish.THE TRUTH HURTS DOESN'T IT?
Re: The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors by piagetskinner(m): 11:39am On Jan 23, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
You should also know that it was primitive and misogynistic men that wrote that and not an inspiration from God I would advise that you do your little research and check on the pseudoepigrapha of the bible before coming here to write rubbish.THE TRUTH HURTS DOESN'T IT?

that's your bloody problem not mine...I have better things to do..pray that God gives you understanding because its very obvious ure deficient in it.

now run along ..
Re: The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 11:42am On Jan 23, 2018
piagetskinner:

that's your bloody problem not mine...I have better things to do..pray that God gives you understanding because its very obvious ure deficient in it.

now run along ..
Re: The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors by ScienceWatch: 7:08pm On Jan 27, 2018
bloodofthelamb:
It is wrong for a woman to shepherd or pastor a man... The Godhead is our example in this matter.

There is both equality and submissiveness in the eternal Godhead. The Father and the Son are equal in all things but we clearly know that Jesus is submissive to God the Father as the Head.

In the same way man and woman is equal in Christ but there should be loving submissiveness in the part of a woman, for man is her head despite the equality.

Women don't let in the spirit of pride.
Well done Sir, you have said it all. The Word and the Holy Spirit is guiding you into all truth.
Stay strong !

Remember not to let Atheists ask Christians questions, as if the Holy Bible is on trial. Never fall for their sly tactics.
Turn it around and rather ask them more about their own Atheist religion and beliefs in the deity they worship called NO-god. Try not to laugh at the answers they give.
Re: The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors by bloodofthelamb(m): 7:49pm On Jan 27, 2018
ScienceWatch:
Well done Sir, you have said it all. The Word and the Holy Spirit is guiding you into all truth.
Stay strong !

Remember not to let Atheists ask Christians questions, as if the Holy Bible is on trial. Never fall for their sly tactics.
Turn it around and rather ask them more about their own Atheist religion and beliefs in the deity they worship called NO-god. Try not to laugh at the answers they give.

Bro, thank you for the godly advice. it is refreshing unto me.

I encourage you also to stay strong in who you are through CHRIST JESUS.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors by efficiencie(m): 4:17pm On Apr 07, 2018
A lot of erroneous spouting here...that do not line up with scriptures. I heard someone say a woman can be a prophet but she cannot be a pastor...LOL grin grin grin The person who said that forgot that these are offices in ministry under the inspiration of the HolyGhost. So if GOD, who does not answer to any man, calls a woman into ministry these people, who will attempt to give GOD tutorial, will go against such a woman. The bible speaks that in Christ there is no male or female for we are all one in Christ (Galatians 3: 28). The question hence ensues; what is oneness in Christ? Oneness in Christ is oneness in consciousness and thus oneness in mind. You cannot be in Christ if you do not have the mind of Christ (I Corinthians 2: 16) and if two people though different in gender or race are in Christ then they will have the same mind which is the mind of Christ. However the oneness in mind follows from oneness in spirit (Phillipians 1: 27) and this oneness is only guaranteed by the indwelling of the HolyGhost in the inner man (Ephesians 3: 16). The implication of these verses is that when you carry out an action in the spirit as inspired by the HolyGhost you are not to be reckoned with as a male, female, greek, jew etc because in the spirit there are no such distinctions. Hence if a woman is in the spirit, as inspired by the HolyGhost, and she carries out an action any form of defiance of such an action will amount to defying GOD Himself.

The question now comes; how do we then rationalize the words of God in I Corinthians 14: 34- 35 where WOMEN were admonished to keep silent and hear from their husbands. Note that the word of the LORD declared them as WOMEN. The word WOMAN means "taken out of a man" as defined by Adam by inspiration in Genesis 2:22- 23. Now we know that all mankind are made up of a spirit, the consciousness and flesh. GOD made the spirits first in Genesis 1:26- 27 but the flesh of Eve was made out of the rib of Adam and it is this fleshly component that prompted Adam declare Eve a WOMAN (meaning: taken out of a man). The spirit of Eve was not taken out of a man it was her flesh. So when Paul referred to WOMEN in I Corinthians 14: 34- 35 the word of the LORD referred to the FEMALES in the flesh (WOMEN). Thus if a female is in the SPIRIT and operates in the SPIRIT as led by the HOLYSPIRIT she is not to be dismissed as a WOMAN but she is to be accepted and adhered to as a SPIRIT...in this form, to reject her is to reject the HOLYGHOST inspiring her and this as we all know is a CRIME that comes with a CAPITAL PUNISHMENT (Matthew 12: 31).

The reason for most of the arguments by Christians is CARNALITY. They are still toddlers in the spirit and cannot discern the things of the spirit but are still locked into the carnal dimension battling with the lusts of the flesh and its fruits (I Corinthians 3: 1-3).

If you are not in the spirit, you cannot understand the words of the LORD. For the words of the LORD are SPIRIT

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

'Free Nation In Christ Online Church' By Daddy Freeze #FreeTheSheeple / Biden Receives Communion At Mass At St. Patrick's Church In Rome( Pics) / Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.