Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,728 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

Name Your Top 5 Novels Of All Time You Would Like Your Friends To Read. - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Name Your Top 5 Novels Of All Time You Would Like Your Friends To Read. (22520 Views)

20 Greatest Novels Of All Time / From Century To Century - The Best Novels Of Five Centuries / Five Novels By Nigerian Authors You Should Read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Name Your Top 5 Novels Of All Time You Would Like Your Friends To Read. by iammarvellux(m): 7:20am On Jan 23, 2018
Ok, am coming....
Re: Name Your Top 5 Novels Of All Time You Would Like Your Friends To Read. by sinaj(f): 7:21am On Jan 23, 2018
I've read lots of interesting African novels but cant remember their names.

Sidney Sheldon-Are you afraid of the dark?
Sidney Sheldon-If tommorrow comes
Sidney Sheldon-Master of the games
James Hadley Chase-Hit and Run
James Hadley Chase-Lay her among the lilies

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Name Your Top 5 Novels Of All Time You Would Like Your Friends To Read. by Shayneward1: 7:22am On Jan 23, 2018
Purple hibiscus
Half of a yellow sun.. Chimamanda will not kill person.

1 Like

Re: Name Your Top 5 Novels Of All Time You Would Like Your Friends To Read. by davefieldpop(m): 7:22am On Jan 23, 2018
Re: Name Your Top 5 Novels Of All Time You Would Like Your Friends To Read. by peterphd(m): 7:22am On Jan 23, 2018
Mynd44:
The Bourne Series (Identity, Supremacy and Ultimatum) (Robert Ludlum)
Angels and Demons (Dan Brown)
IT (Stephen King)
Tommyknockers (Stephen King)
Robots of Dawn (Issac Asimov)

Second batch

Harry Potter Series
The Hobbit. (Lord of the Rings was not so hot ad a book)
One week one trouble (Anezi Okoro) Hilarious AF
Violence (Festus Iyayi)
The Lost Symbol (Dan Brown)

Would have added Percy Jackon Series but damn, the book is too childish. Interesting but childish

Where can one get hard copies?
Re: Name Your Top 5 Novels Of All Time You Would Like Your Friends To Read. by hollywater: 7:22am On Jan 23, 2018
Chike and the River
Eze goes to School
Thing Fall Apart
Sugar Girl

5 Likes

Re: Name Your Top 5 Novels Of All Time You Would Like Your Friends To Read. by maxtop(m): 7:23am On Jan 23, 2018
1. Boko Harem and the Federal government
2. Niger Delta Militant
3. Wizkid and Davido
4. Oritfemi against the world
5. Buhari and the Cabal

Those are very interesting books. Grab a copy if you haven't lay your hand on any.
Re: Name Your Top 5 Novels Of All Time You Would Like Your Friends To Read. by peacettw: 7:23am On Jan 23, 2018
Master of the game by Sidney sheldon
Jeffery Archer books
Agatha Christie books especially with Detective Poroit
Robin Cooks books

2 Likes

Re: Name Your Top 5 Novels Of All Time You Would Like Your Friends To Read. by verycheese: 7:23am On Jan 23, 2018
The concubine by Elechi Amadi
Fools die by Mario Puzo
Of love and shadows by Isabelle Allende
The day of the Jackal by Frederick Forsythe
Say yes Samantha, can't recall author's name

1 Like

Re: Name Your Top 5 Novels Of All Time You Would Like Your Friends To Read. by Nihao: 7:24am On Jan 23, 2018
1. Thangs Fall Apart.
2. Drummer Boy
3. The Gods are not to blame
4. Animal Farm
5. Macbeth.

4 Likes

Re: Name Your Top 5 Novels Of All Time You Would Like Your Friends To Read. by Beorn: 7:25am On Jan 23, 2018
Please who can suggest many novels for me that are in the crime and action thriller like that of Dan Brown? Crime and thriller novels only, if it involves solving puzzles the better.
Re: Name Your Top 5 Novels Of All Time You Would Like Your Friends To Read. by BanevsJoker(m): 7:25am On Jan 23, 2018
Stephen King's The Stand
Thomas Harris' Hannibal
J.R.R. Tolkien's The Hobbit
John Grisham's The Brethren
Frank Yerby's Judas, My Brother

3 Likes

Re: Name Your Top 5 Novels Of All Time You Would Like Your Friends To Read. by Ramon92: 7:25am On Jan 23, 2018
HotIce90:
Davinci code
Angels and demons
Digital fortress
Lost symbol
Dante Inferno
All novels by Dan Brown

Have not read his new novel ORIGIN yet
you've got to read that ASAP if you have the time..

2 Likes

Re: Name Your Top 5 Novels Of All Time You Would Like Your Friends To Read. by veli1(m): 7:27am On Jan 23, 2018
Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth
Re: Name Your Top 5 Novels Of All Time You Would Like Your Friends To Read. by gustav25: 7:27am On Jan 23, 2018
HotIce90:
Davinci code
Angels and demons
Digital fortress
Lost symbol
Dante Inferno
All novels by Dan Brown

I can send you a copy of it on WhatsApp or email ... interesting Novel it was but I don't want to give out the spoilers now
Re: Name Your Top 5 Novels Of All Time You Would Like Your Friends To Read. by oyinda1599(f): 7:28am On Jan 23, 2018
I love most novels by Sidney Sheldon ,Sicilian by Mario Puzo.will try and read Dan brown Davinci Code,I heard is somehow controversial.

2 Likes

Re: Name Your Top 5 Novels Of All Time You Would Like Your Friends To Read. by biggieoflife: 7:28am On Jan 23, 2018
The tragedy of victory - Brig Gen Godwin Alabi Isama
Up country - Nelson DeMille
Purple Hibiscus - chimamanda ngozi adichie
Joys of motherhood - buchi emecheta
Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank redemption - Stephen king

Pamcode aryasand memunah debbie13 fyngal1 . Let’s have yours

1 Like

Re: Name Your Top 5 Novels Of All Time You Would Like Your Friends To Read. by Nobody: 7:29am On Jan 23, 2018
HotIce90:
Davinci code
Angels and demons
Digital fortress
Lost symbol
Dante Inferno
All novels by Dan Brown

I have found a Dan Brown friend in you. grin i haven't read the Lost symbol though.
Re: Name Your Top 5 Novels Of All Time You Would Like Your Friends To Read. by Ramon92: 7:30am On Jan 23, 2018
Beorn:
Please who can suggest many novels for me that are in the crime and action thriller like that of Dan Brown? Crime and thriller novels only, if it involves solving puzzles the better.

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy by John Le Carre
Or any of Sidney Sheldon novels
Re: Name Your Top 5 Novels Of All Time You Would Like Your Friends To Read. by Nobody: 7:30am On Jan 23, 2018
gustav25:
I can send you a copy of it on WhatsApp or email ... interesting Novel it was but I don't want to give out the spoilers now
Can i pls get a copy too?
Re: Name Your Top 5 Novels Of All Time You Would Like Your Friends To Read. by DonBobes(m): 7:32am On Jan 23, 2018
My own na 1 i get na THE 13th BUNKER . Na der d last days of hitler de
Re: Name Your Top 5 Novels Of All Time You Would Like Your Friends To Read. by fergie001: 7:32am On Jan 23, 2018
Weep Not Child
Re: Name Your Top 5 Novels Of All Time You Would Like Your Friends To Read. by edeXede: 7:33am On Jan 23, 2018
embarassed

A difficult Pick.. But in order of personal preference

1) Our Husband has gone mad again

2) Animal Farm

3) Canopy Of Thunder

4) Ojo buruku Esu Gbomimu (English version not available)

5) Medicine for love

6) Allan Quatermain

1 Like

Re: Name Your Top 5 Novels Of All Time You Would Like Your Friends To Read. by williams85(m): 7:33am On Jan 23, 2018
Little brother- David manson
All John Grisham books
All James hardly chase book
Changes - Danielle steel
Icon - Fredrick Forsyth
Re: Name Your Top 5 Novels Of All Time You Would Like Your Friends To Read. by gustav25: 7:33am On Jan 23, 2018
There was a country

Origins

Deception point

Joys of motherhood

Love in sunset

Man of the people

Trail of broken wings

Half of A yellow sun

The river between

No longer at Ease(Achebe did marvelous here)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Name Your Top 5 Novels Of All Time You Would Like Your Friends To Read. by mightyhaze: 7:35am On Jan 23, 2018
all them hadley chase n nick carter novels,... brain by robin cook,... cease the night by dean koontz, things fall apart by achebe(have read dat book over a hundred times).. ,day of the jackal by forsythe,
Re: Name Your Top 5 Novels Of All Time You Would Like Your Friends To Read. by Scholar01: 7:35am On Jan 23, 2018
Seriously, most persons commenting on this thread don't read novels.

For me, the first place goes to malazan book of the fallen by Stephen Erikson. The sheer scope of the book is breadth taking (unfortunately, most on this thread would not be able to go beyond the first book)

Others include :
Codex Alera ( Jim butcher)
wheel of time ( Robert Jordan)
King killer chronicles ( Stephen Rothfuss)
A song of ice and fire ( George R Martin [ game of thrones movie ])

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Name Your Top 5 Novels Of All Time You Would Like Your Friends To Read. by oka4ugoo: 7:35am On Jan 23, 2018
Mine is "The New Man". I love the book die
Re: Name Your Top 5 Novels Of All Time You Would Like Your Friends To Read. by sinaj(f): 7:37am On Jan 23, 2018
Ramon92:

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy by John Le Carre
Or any of Sidney Sheldon novels
or Hadley Chase
Re: Name Your Top 5 Novels Of All Time You Would Like Your Friends To Read. by Espada10: 7:38am On Jan 23, 2018
1) All james hadley chase novels
2) Animal farm- George Orwell
3)Things fall apart
4) The concubine by Elechi Amadi
5) Sidney Sheldon-Master of the games
6) All Enid Blyton novels( it shaped my childhood)
7) Arrow of God
cool The african child by camara laye

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Virgins Magazine Is The Best Romantic Magazine In Nigeria. / Doctor / Penance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.