Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,459 members, 7,819,672 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

Name Your Top 5 Novels Of All Time You Would Like Your Friends To Read. - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Name Your Top 5 Novels Of All Time You Would Like Your Friends To Read. (22525 Views)

20 Greatest Novels Of All Time / From Century To Century - The Best Novels Of Five Centuries / Five Novels By Nigerian Authors You Should Read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Name Your Top 5 Novels Of All Time You Would Like Your Friends To Read. by joyfullyjoyous(f): 8:11am On Jan 23, 2018
Animal farm
Things fall apart
African child
Arrow of God
Weep not child

1 Like

Re: Name Your Top 5 Novels Of All Time You Would Like Your Friends To Read. by sinaj(f): 8:15am On Jan 23, 2018
sirBLUNT:
pls sent me this novels and anyone that you have @solomontengu09@gmail.com thanks.
cnt access my mails now, but will definitely snd them to you on saturday.
Re: Name Your Top 5 Novels Of All Time You Would Like Your Friends To Read. by Nobody: 8:27am On Jan 23, 2018
Espada10:
Gosh!!..it was a long time ago..I use to get mine from my sister that resides in UK

I have the whole collection..like the Famous Five ..Secret Seven etc..Later on, I graduated to reading books by Agatha Christie..I prefer the the character "Hercule Poirot" better than Sherlock Holmes.
My mum gave our whole collection out when we became adults.
My kids have to read those Enid Blyton books when they are young.
Re: Name Your Top 5 Novels Of All Time You Would Like Your Friends To Read. by pamcode(m): 8:28am On Jan 23, 2018
biggieoflife:
The tragedy of victory - Brig Gen Godwin Alabi Isama
Up country - Nelson DeMille
Purple Hibiscus - chimamanda ngozi adichie
Joys of motherhood - buchi emecheta
Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank redemption - Stephen king
Harry Potter series

Lord of the rings trilogy

Joy of motherhood.

1 Like

Re: Name Your Top 5 Novels Of All Time You Would Like Your Friends To Read. by Dasherz(f): 8:29am On Jan 23, 2018
these are mine

Re: Name Your Top 5 Novels Of All Time You Would Like Your Friends To Read. by Jackipapa: 8:34am On Jan 23, 2018
Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens
Animal Farm by George Orwell
Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe
Egun Alare by Lawuyi Ogunniran & Tunde Adekunle
Oluwa lo Mejo Da by Afolabi Olabimtan

2 Likes

Re: Name Your Top 5 Novels Of All Time You Would Like Your Friends To Read. by annie74(f): 8:34am On Jan 23, 2018
Beorn:

I want more please. I'll download the ones I can and buy the remaining ones. I love crime/thriller novels. List more.

The Partner - John Grisham
The Alehouse Murders- Maureen Ash
The Melody Lingers On- Mary Higgins Clark
All Around The Town- Mary Higgins Clark
Re: Name Your Top 5 Novels Of All Time You Would Like Your Friends To Read. by patosky3310(m): 8:38am On Jan 23, 2018
Oliver Twist,
Blind Choice,
Without a silver spoon,
Things fall apart,
Chike and the river.

1 Like

Re: Name Your Top 5 Novels Of All Time You Would Like Your Friends To Read. by AustineCJ: 8:43am On Jan 23, 2018
Officialpyper:
Purple Hibiscus by Chimamanda Adichie

Sizwe Bansi is dead

Hope in Anarchy(a must read for everyone)

A Woman in her Prime

Women of Owu
You for add Joy of Mother hood.....all this na Waec novels that year na....mehn good old days

1 Like

Re: Name Your Top 5 Novels Of All Time You Would Like Your Friends To Read. by sirBLUNT: 8:45am On Jan 23, 2018
sinaj:
cnt access my mails now, but will definitely snd them to you on saturday.
thank hun! will be xpecting it
Re: Name Your Top 5 Novels Of All Time You Would Like Your Friends To Read. by imam07: 8:48am On Jan 23, 2018
[quote author=sinaj post=64435391]I've read lots of interesting African novels but cant remember their names.

Sidney Sheldon-Are you afraid of the dark?
Sidney Sheldon-If tommorrow comes
Sidney Sheldon-Master of the games
James Hadley Chase-Hit and Run
James Hadley Chase-Lay her among the lilies[/quotye]Kai lay her among the lilies. Back to memory lane. I read over 15 copies of James Hadley Chase.
Re: Name Your Top 5 Novels Of All Time You Would Like Your Friends To Read. by Espada10: 8:50am On Jan 23, 2018
dumo1:

My mum gave our whole collection out when we became adults.
My kids have to read those Enid Blyton books when they are young.
Mine was stolen by my relations and friends including my whole collection of James hadley chase....some will borrow and never return back.. LoL grin

1 Like

Re: Name Your Top 5 Novels Of All Time You Would Like Your Friends To Read. by Nobody: 8:55am On Jan 23, 2018
Espada10:
Mine was stolen by my relations and friends including my whole collection of James hadley chase....some will borrow and never return back.. LoL grin
Choi!! cry cry
Re: Name Your Top 5 Novels Of All Time You Would Like Your Friends To Read. by sirBLUNT: 9:06am On Jan 23, 2018
[quote author=imam07 post=64437794][/quote]pls can you sent me does novels@solomontengu09@gmail.com
Re: Name Your Top 5 Novels Of All Time You Would Like Your Friends To Read. by brainpower(m): 9:07am On Jan 23, 2018
BruncleZuma:
Animal Farm
Anthills of the Savannah
Potter's Wheel
Why We Struck

Hello sir. Can you link me up on how I can download or get "why we struck"? I have been looking for the book. Thanks
Re: Name Your Top 5 Novels Of All Time You Would Like Your Friends To Read. by sinaj(f): 9:09am On Jan 23, 2018
[quote author=imam07 post=64437794][/quote]am on his 11th book now smiley
Re: Name Your Top 5 Novels Of All Time You Would Like Your Friends To Read. by ashjay001(m): 9:10am On Jan 23, 2018
To kill a mocking bird

Green mile(gonna read it, all over againgrin)

All Pacesetters

Most James Hadley Chase(hate when d trying to be good guy gets stiffedangry)

All Dick Francis

The Second Chance(read a million times; infact, waiting to name my twin daughters(when/if I have, Bindo n Maita)

Chai, books plenty oshocked

All Enid Blyton

Rintintin(cartoon, suppose qualify na)

The Emancipist

Dinner for two(still looking to find n own a copy, library things)

Wtf can I get a library in abj Internet ti ba'ye jesad

I bought thousands of books for less than #500(best sellers n co, by d road side, ojuelegba, yaba, oshodi; nowadays, u go dey hear 2k), libraries sefs, suffer! Went to a friends home at a time n discovered a great collection of books. At first amazed, I'd read all, then discovered, they were all my f. booksgringrin

Modified

Just saw "passport of mallam Illia"shocked

1 Like

Re: Name Your Top 5 Novels Of All Time You Would Like Your Friends To Read. by teabully(m): 9:10am On Jan 23, 2018
Pubichairs:
Purple Hibiscus
things fall apart
half of a yellow sun
.... smiley I reminisce when reading them
reminisce on what...
Re: Name Your Top 5 Novels Of All Time You Would Like Your Friends To Read. by XKZ(m): 9:14am On Jan 23, 2018
Dune by Frank Herbert

Re: Name Your Top 5 Novels Of All Time You Would Like Your Friends To Read. by HotIce90(f): 9:15am On Jan 23, 2018
Youngsage:

shocked shocked shocked

Why?! You don't have it?

Yes. Seen it on online, I hate reading from my laptop or phone.
Re: Name Your Top 5 Novels Of All Time You Would Like Your Friends To Read. by Nobody: 9:16am On Jan 23, 2018
True women

Half of a yellow sun by Chimamanda
Ngozi Adichie

Inferno by Dan Brown
Re: Name Your Top 5 Novels Of All Time You Would Like Your Friends To Read. by HotIce90(f): 9:17am On Jan 23, 2018
dumo1:

I have found a Dan Brown friend in you. grin i haven't read the Lost symbol though.
Lost symbol should have a movie. His books are historical and enlighten

1 Like

Re: Name Your Top 5 Novels Of All Time You Would Like Your Friends To Read. by HotIce90(f): 9:18am On Jan 23, 2018
Ramon92:
you've got to read that ASAP if you have the time..
Yes sir
Re: Name Your Top 5 Novels Of All Time You Would Like Your Friends To Read. by adegeye38(m): 9:20am On Jan 23, 2018
Master of the game by sidney sheldon

Angels and demons by dan brown

Ruby by Vc andrews

Heaven by Vc andrews

Falling stars by Vc andrews

Efuru

passport of mallam illia by Cyprian ekwensi

1 Like

Re: Name Your Top 5 Novels Of All Time You Would Like Your Friends To Read. by adegeye38(m): 9:21am On Jan 23, 2018
Master of the game by sidney sheldon

The entire harry potter series

Angels and demons by dan brown

Ruby by Vc andrews

Heaven by Vc andrews

Falling stars by Vc andrews

Efuru

passport of mallam illia by Cyprian ekwensi
Re: Name Your Top 5 Novels Of All Time You Would Like Your Friends To Read. by leksymaxy(m): 9:21am On Jan 23, 2018
HotIce90:
Davinci code
Angels and demons
Digital fortress
Lost symbol
Dante Inferno
All novels by Dan Brown

Have not read his new novel ORIGIN yet
bro pls do u know how i can get digital fortress and inferno pls or a link to download them online pls
Re: Name Your Top 5 Novels Of All Time You Would Like Your Friends To Read. by HotIce90(f): 9:22am On Jan 23, 2018
gustav25:
I can send you a copy of it on WhatsApp or email ... interesting Novel it was but I don't want to give out the spoilers now
Thanks, I plan on buying it soon. Don't love E-books.
Re: Name Your Top 5 Novels Of All Time You Would Like Your Friends To Read. by adegeye38(m): 9:24am On Jan 23, 2018
HotIce90:
Davinci code
Angels and demons
Digital fortress
Lost symbol
Dante Inferno
All novels by Dan Brown

Have not read his new novel ORIGIN yet
you have not read Deception point another dan brwon novel
Re: Name Your Top 5 Novels Of All Time You Would Like Your Friends To Read. by adegeye38(m): 9:28am On Jan 23, 2018
sinaj:
I've read lots of interesting African novels but cant remember their names.

Sidney Sheldon-Are you afraid of the dark?
Sidney Sheldon-If tommorrow comes
Sidney Sheldon-Master of the games
James Hadley Chase-Hit and Run
James Hadley Chase-Lay her among the lilies
go and read Sidney Sheldon- master of the game

best novel ever, the setting was in south africa, with the story spaning over 3 generations, it was a mater piece
Re: Name Your Top 5 Novels Of All Time You Would Like Your Friends To Read. by HotIce90(f): 9:31am On Jan 23, 2018
adegeye38:

you have not read Deception point another dan brwon novel

I have read it. But OP asked for just 5 novels. Do you know that some Freemason phrase used In lost symbols are wrong? Example, "Is there any help for the widows son". That's not the correct way of saying it.
Re: Name Your Top 5 Novels Of All Time You Would Like Your Friends To Read. by leksymaxy(m): 9:32am On Jan 23, 2018
gustav25:
I can send you a copy of it on WhatsApp or email ... interesting Novel it was but I don't want to give out the spoilers now
bro pls i beg you in the name of God, please send it to me also, i have been dying to read that origin, also if u av dante inferno and digital fortress too, 08132510408 dat is my number pls bro
Re: Name Your Top 5 Novels Of All Time You Would Like Your Friends To Read. by Memphis357(m): 9:38am On Jan 23, 2018
A Rage against Heaven by Fred Mustard Stewart is the best novel ever written. I still stand to be corrected. My other recommendations are:
The Doomsday Conspiracy by Sidney Sheldon.
A Prisoner of Birth by Jeffrey Archer.
The Winner by David Baldacci.
Chances by Jackie Collins.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Virgins Magazine Is The Best Romantic Magazine In Nigeria. / Doctor / Ola Rotimi's 82nd Posthumous Birthday Is Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.