Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,866 members, 7,813,956 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:40 PM

Nigerians React To Donald Trump's 'Shithole Countries' Comment (Video) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians React To Donald Trump's 'Shithole Countries' Comment (Video) (25667 Views)

El-rufai Clears Air On Body Bag Comment(video,photos) / PDP Reacts To Donald Trump's 'Lifeless' Comment About President Buhari. / Fayose Replies Yahaya Bello On Monopoly Of Stupidity Comment (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians React To Donald Trump's 'Shithole Countries' Comment (Video) by menwongo(m): 8:18pm On Jan 22, 2018
Efewestern:

yes sure. Nigeria is a shit hole because a racist tells you so, you are a disgrace to the black race, We know things are not working out well, but to team up with an outsider to insult your father's land says a lot about you.

Do you think India is any way better than most African countries?, but they will never Insult their land just because a foolish old Trump says so, you think Insulting your land will make them accept you?.. Think!!!!!! Think!!!!

You dare not insult my people in my presence and you expect me to smile with you, there are so many respectful ways to pass your displeasure about Africa, not insulting us in our face, and some worthless blacks are celebrating.

Spit.
Oga Nigeria is a shithole country believe it or leave it

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Donald Trump's 'Shithole Countries' Comment (Video) by chimexdnice(m): 8:22pm On Jan 22, 2018
Efewestern:

yes sure. Nigeria is a shit hole because a racist tells you so, you are a disgrace to the black race, We know things are not working out well, but to team up with an outsider to insult your father's land says a lot about you.

Do you think India is any way better than most African countries?, but they will never Insult their land just because a foolish old Trump says so, you think Insulting your land will make them accept you?.. Think!!!!!! Think!!!!

You dare not insult my people in my presence and you expect me to smile with you, there are so many respectful ways to pass your displeasure about Africa, not insulting us in our face, and some worthless blacks are celebrating.

Spit.

Oga embrace the truth. he wasn't insulting anyone not any country ... he was merely describing the exact situation of this country. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To Donald Trump's 'Shithole Countries' Comment (Video) by Troublemaker007(m): 8:30pm On Jan 22, 2018
jacyhelen:

Kanu called Nigeria a ZOO people got Angry,David Cameroun Called Nigeria Fantastically Corrupt Nation we all smiled and thanked him, Donald Trump called Nigeria a SHITHOLE COUNTRY,Nigerians are happy,Smilling and waving hands to trump!!..Lmao..... Which one is more better:A Zoo,Fantastically Corrupt,A ShitHole Nation??

All of the above.
Re: Nigerians React To Donald Trump's 'Shithole Countries' Comment (Video) by 360command: 8:30pm On Jan 22, 2018
Efewestern:

Spit.
shut your mouth.. What are you trying to say? Our country is a shot hole.. I am patriotic and I know when to defend my country. If someone says Nigeria is corrupt, hell yes it is corrupt.. But if someone says Nigeria GDP is a disgrace, that I can defend to my last bone...

What do I mean, you can insult my country as it is and I will understand but to insult my country by lieing, I will not take it.

I wish trump can direct such words to our govt and president by calling their names and not us as Nigerians cause we are suffering it.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To Donald Trump's 'Shithole Countries' Comment (Video) by madridsta007(m): 8:31pm On Jan 22, 2018
Efewestern:

Spit.

Your problem, it seems, is not the inaccuracy of the comment; from your epistle above, you have alluded to the country being a shithole. Your angst is, fixated on the messenger -Trump an, allegedly racist fellow.

I dare say, it is fixating on the messenger and not the message that got Nigeria to where she is now; a shithole.
Why dont we try something different, like being angry at the message- and doing something to right the "shithole"? Or is that too difficult for the black man?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To Donald Trump's 'Shithole Countries' Comment (Video) by 360command: 8:32pm On Jan 22, 2018
chimexdnice:

Oga embrace the truth. he wasn't insulting anyone not any country ... he was merely describing the exact situation of this country. undecided
leave that guy you quoted.. Everybody forming patriotism when you know deep down you are not happy...

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Donald Trump's 'Shithole Countries' Comment (Video) by Efewestern: 8:34pm On Jan 22, 2018
360command:
shut your mouth.. What are you trying to say? Our country is a shot hole.. I am patriotic and I know when to defend my country. If someone says Nigeria is corrupt, hell yes it is corrupt.. But if someone says Nigeria GDP is a disgrace, that I can defend to my last bone...

What do I mean, you can insult my country as it is and I will understand but to insult my country by lieing, I will not take it.

I wish trump can direct such words to our govt and president by calling their names and not us as Nigerians cause we are suffering it.

Yea.. a black man from Nigeria finds nothing wrong with trumps comment , but people from Norway thinks otherwise

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5261545/Twitter-tells-Trump-no-one-Norway-wants-US.html

https://www.rt.com/news/415700-trump-norway-twitter-immigrants/

https://www.dailydot.com/layer8/trump-shithole-twitter-norway/

Now fuvk off.
Re: Nigerians React To Donald Trump's 'Shithole Countries' Comment (Video) by 360command: 8:37pm On Jan 22, 2018
Efewestern:

Did I deny the fact that the country isnt growing ?, my point was that the message was passed without regards to black nations .

Am not trying to be patriotic, I just have some self worth, unlike you who asslick someone that keeps insulting your race.

Get some sense.
the more you try to convince people, you irritate me more.. Nobody is asslicking here.. Look at the truth and accept it. Did you see trump insulting Singapore? Even north Korea, trump is been careful...

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Donald Trump's 'Shithole Countries' Comment (Video) by Efewestern: 8:42pm On Jan 22, 2018
madridsta007:

Your problem, it seems, is not the inaccuracy of the comment; from your epistle above, you have alluded to the country being a shithole. Your angst is, fixated on the messenger -Trump an, allegedly racist fellow.

I dare say, it is fixating on the messenger and not the message that got Nigeria to where she is now; a shithole.
Why dont we try something different, like being angry at the message- and doing something to right the "shithole"? Or is that too difficult for the black man?

i didn't deny the fact that things re not working out well in most African countries, but I find that comment of trump degrading to the black race.

If you want to say my state is undeveloped, there re ways to pass your message without downgrading those of us from that region, if you continue with such words I will definitely attack you ignoring the main message.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Donald Trump's 'Shithole Countries' Comment (Video) by 360command: 8:43pm On Jan 22, 2018
Efewestern:

Yea.. a black man from Nigeria finds nothing wrong with trumps comment , but people from Norway thinks otherwise

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5261545/Twitter-tells-Trump-no-one-Norway-wants-US.html

https://www.rt.com/news/415700-trump-norway-twitter-immigrants/

https://www.dailydot.com/layer8/trump-shithole-twitter-norway/

Now fuvk off.
If you truly stay in nigeria, I doubt you have light now.. Also, you are experiencing fuel shortage.. Soon some fulani herdsmen will kill your family and nobody will be arrested.. Soon you will hear that one politicians takes 1 million dollar and nothing is done about it... How do you live when someone says this to you and yet you talk about patriotism.. The truth be told, I will accept it and move on...

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To Donald Trump's 'Shithole Countries' Comment (Video) by Efewestern: 8:48pm On Jan 22, 2018
360command:
the more you try to convince people, you irritate me more.. Nobody is asslicking here.. Look at the truth and accept it. Did you see trump insulting Singapore? Even north Korea, trump is been careful...

If my comment irritates you then Don't quote me, I passed my message, if you don't like it then ignore.

@ the bolded, It's obvious you re either ignorant, or you re just being dumb , so you haven't read all the degrading comments trump made about North Korea?

I won't deny the fact that the country isn't developing, but I won't accept such degrading comment from trump.. never.
Re: Nigerians React To Donald Trump's 'Shithole Countries' Comment (Video) by Nathayas: 8:53pm On Jan 22, 2018
Thank you Trump, we need more insult from you, we deserve it.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Donald Trump's 'Shithole Countries' Comment (Video) by israelmao(m): 8:53pm On Jan 22, 2018
Don't African nations wait cap in hand for foreign aids from European countries as part of funds to their governments?Are they not like cesspools or dead Sea collecting without giving out.
Re: Nigerians React To Donald Trump's 'Shithole Countries' Comment (Video) by ikorodureporta: 8:54pm On Jan 22, 2018
Shithole Republic of Zoogeria cheesy

Re: Nigerians React To Donald Trump's 'Shithole Countries' Comment (Video) by Efewestern: 8:55pm On Jan 22, 2018
360command:
If you truly stay in nigeria, I doubt you have light now.. Also, you are experiencing fuel shortage.. Soon some fulani herdsmen will kill your family and nobody will be arrested.. Soon you will hear that one politicians takes 1 million dollar and nothing is done about it... How do you live when someone says this to you and yet you talk about patriotism.. The truth be told, I will accept it and move on...

Was the comment targeted to only Nigeria?, was he not referring to Africans.

Yes we re suffering in Nigeria because we as a people re not ready to Face our problem, instead we keep praying, building churches/mosques, supporting evil and corrupt politicians due to religious and tribal sentiments.

We as a people are as bad as the leaders, if there is election tomorrow you will still see people voting for buhari not because he has done anything, but because he is a northerner and a Muslim.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Donald Trump's 'Shithole Countries' Comment (Video) by Litmus: 8:58pm On Jan 22, 2018
Efewestern:

Spit.

With such attitudes, sorry to say this but the one you quoted and others like him/her could only have been born on dung-heaps and you'd be safe betting that place ain't Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Donald Trump's 'Shithole Countries' Comment (Video) by bionixs: 9:05pm On Jan 22, 2018
spartan50:
This is a shithole country.. We are in hell-hole..
why are they reacting? when Buhari went about calling us names that everyone here is heavily Corrupt, how much did you all react?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Donald Trump's 'Shithole Countries' Comment (Video) by talk2emma: 9:06pm On Jan 22, 2018
Evidence

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To Donald Trump's 'Shithole Countries' Comment (Video) by madridsta007(m): 9:10pm On Jan 22, 2018
Efewestern:

i didn't deny the fact that things re not working out well in most African countries, but I find that comment of trump degrading to the black race.

If you want to say my state is undeveloped, there re ways to pass your message without downgrading those of us from that region, if you continue with such words I will definitely attack you ignoring the main message.

Trump’s comment, if it was actually said, was a reference to third-world countries— a subset that the black race is part of. It is degrading, accepted, but the response to stereotypical comments like these, has been one of emotions and zero logic. From Conrad’s “Africa is the heart of Darkness”, to the CNN’s “Kenya is the hotbed of terrorism”, to Trump’s comments, the dispossessed have only one way of response— an angry, verbal dog-fit. While this is important, I feel it is reductivist and unproductive, never helping those maligned to actually find a solution to the REASON why these stereotypes persists.

Maybe if Nigerians would have directed their anger at their leaders, let’s say a specific sector— medical— at least there will be less of a reason to look at Nigeria and call it a shithole?

Maybe?

But we prefer majoring in the minors, focusing on the messanger and not the message.
We continue to do that and the message will be said again and again and again. You can count on Trump having such crazy moments for the next 7 years as president.
Re: Nigerians React To Donald Trump's 'Shithole Countries' Comment (Video) by whitestar01(m): 9:20pm On Jan 22, 2018
Efewestern:

Spit.
people like you don't like the truth at all, keep on saying that Nigeria will be fixed like our fathers said until this country becomes worse than unimaginable

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Donald Trump's 'Shithole Countries' Comment (Video) by MrHiiRO: 9:24pm On Jan 22, 2018
Efewestern:

Spit.
nice one baba....some lack sense
Re: Nigerians React To Donald Trump's 'Shithole Countries' Comment (Video) by seanery: 9:27pm On Jan 22, 2018
SHUT UP
NAIJA IS A SHIT HOLE
Efewestern:

Spit.
Re: Nigerians React To Donald Trump's 'Shithole Countries' Comment (Video) by lovewahz(m): 9:34pm On Jan 22, 2018
mhizenugu:
Let's be honest here, nigeria is obviously a shitthole.. there's no point pretending..

U are right.we all know that Nigeria is a shithole
Re: Nigerians React To Donald Trump's 'Shithole Countries' Comment (Video) by Litmus: 9:42pm On Jan 22, 2018
Nigeria is a nation made up of tribes still pursuing political settlement 56 years later. That settlement isnt on how the nation ought be run, what philosophy and justice is dispensed for the benefit of all but on which tribe dominates the centre in other to exploit resources for its members as fully as the others let it get away with. Nigeria requires nationalism. Now nationalism has negative connotations and some Nigerian may fear this. however do so would be Nigerians as usual concluding before they have began. Nationalism is the enabler of development and the fear of its repercussion expressed in debate, one of the luxuries of having achieved development.
Re: Nigerians React To Donald Trump's 'Shithole Countries' Comment (Video) by GoodcasHMan: 9:50pm On Jan 22, 2018
WHY DO NIGERIANS HATE TRUTH
LAST TIME WE ARE " FANTASTICALLY CORRUPT"
IS that not so?
bro. we are whatever they call us
let us make a change
Re: Nigerians React To Donald Trump's 'Shithole Countries' Comment (Video) by Sammiejokes(m): 9:52pm On Jan 22, 2018
Efewestern:

Spit.
Only a confirmed shit hole citizen will compare Nigeria to India.
Re: Nigerians React To Donald Trump's 'Shithole Countries' Comment (Video) by Litmus: 10:03pm On Jan 22, 2018
Sammiejokes:

Only a confirmed shit hole citizen will compare Nigeria to India.

angry
Re: Nigerians React To Donald Trump's 'Shithole Countries' Comment (Video) by Litmus: 10:04pm On Jan 22, 2018
America's inequality gap, relatively, is no better than that found in Africa, it would seem, and in many instances is worst. It's as if Trump's America is relatively shitty . Perhaps apple-pie shit to ewa shit,but shit nonetheless. Hairy-Obese-American-assed dump grin

Download Report Here:

https://policy-practice.oxfam.org.uk/our-work/inequality/an-economy-for-the-one-percent

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Donald Trump's 'Shithole Countries' Comment (Video) by dudebuck: 10:08pm On Jan 22, 2018
Efewestern:

Spit.
the zoo is a fvcking Shithole
Re: Nigerians React To Donald Trump's 'Shithole Countries' Comment (Video) by AvailableCofOLa(m): 10:14pm On Jan 22, 2018
Litmus:
America's inequality gap, relatively, is no better than that found in Africa, it would seem, and in many instances is worst. It's as if Trump's America is relatively shitty . Perhaps apple-pie shit to ewa shit,but shit nonetheless. Hairy-Obese-American-assed dump grin

Download Report Here:

https://policy-practice.oxfam.org.uk/our-work/inequality/an-economy-for-the-one-percent
This is really an insult on us....but do we blame people like Trump or our fellow country men who goes around the world misbehaving?
Re: Nigerians React To Donald Trump's 'Shithole Countries' Comment (Video) by JudeJ: 10:17pm On Jan 22, 2018
ifyan:
Bloody truth no matter who said it
Lies, If say na Ghanaian tlk am now u guys will eat him up buh because a white said it u agreed
Re: Nigerians React To Donald Trump's 'Shithole Countries' Comment (Video) by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jan 22, 2018
My sentiments exactly.

Dont shoot the messenger.

The point is not what he said, how he said it or who he is referring to. The message is still clear and simple.

Trumps insults should be used as a catalyst for change, restructure and transformation.

Whether he is racist or not, the take away lesson is clear and direct.

The next logic and strategic step is this:

What are we going to do about the state of our Nigeria (and other fellow shitzsholes) alike.

madridsta007:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ebonyi Seeks Approval For $80m Islamic Bank Loan / Fulani Herder Shot Dead In Ondo / NURTW President, Baruwa, Others Detained Over Alleged Culpable Homicide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.