Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,674 members, 7,820,363 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:42 PM

At What Point Does One Become Backup Boyfriend Or Girlfriend f? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / At What Point Does One Become Backup Boyfriend Or Girlfriend f? (1332 Views)

"Never Allow Your Wife Or Girlfriend Go For Body Massage Session" (photos) / Your Parents First Reaction When Your Boyfriend Or Girlfriend First Visited You? / Ladies, What Would You Do If This Guy Were Your Boyfriend Or Husband? (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

At What Point Does One Become Backup Boyfriend Or Girlfriend f? by holysaint1(m): 5:05am On Jan 23, 2018
They say love is hard to find. But as humans, we crave and yearn to be loved each and every day, either from parents, loved ones or bae.
However, this thread revolves around the last one (Bae).
A friend recently explained his ordeal to me about his girlfriend, that they both are into a serious relationship. Although she is still in uni and he is serving. His issue stems from the fact that this girl, despite professing her love for him, always gives an open arm (i.e she welcomes) other prospective boyfriends instead of giving them the "already taken" signal or message.

Now he wants to know if he is now her backup boyfriend or maybe she is just living the inevitable uni lifestyle.

@mods pls help push this to the front page for more insightful views and comments. Thanks
Re: At What Point Does One Become Backup Boyfriend Or Girlfriend f? by jeffizy(m): 5:08am On Jan 23, 2018
He has not cemented his position as the alpha Romeo.

Obviously, the lady is sending him subtle signals that he needs to own her and step up a notch.
Re: At What Point Does One Become Backup Boyfriend Or Girlfriend f? by holysaint1(m): 5:21am On Jan 23, 2018
jeffizy:
He has not cemented his position as the alpha Romeo.

Obviously, the lady is sending him subtle signals that he needs to own her and step up a notch.

And do you mind suggesting how he actualizes this...?

Because from our conversation he explained that he normally gets her gifts and all..
Re: At What Point Does One Become Backup Boyfriend Or Girlfriend f? by jeffizy(m): 5:33am On Jan 23, 2018
holysaint1:

And do you mind suggesting how he actualizes this...?

Because from our conversation he explained that he normally gets her gifts and all..

It depends on the personality of the lady in question.

His deep knowledge of her character will help a lot.
Is she more of a materialistic person or the type that prefers the flashy bad boy image?

He has to look out for these in his girl to make progress.
Re: At What Point Does One Become Backup Boyfriend Or Girlfriend f? by Nobody: 6:19am On Jan 23, 2018
They are dating and not married. So why should the lady close her doors to other men?

A wise lady never puts all her eggs in one basket.

1 Like

Re: At What Point Does One Become Backup Boyfriend Or Girlfriend f? by holysaint1(m): 9:40am On Jan 23, 2018
jeffizy:

It depends on the personality of the lady in question.

His deep knowledge of her character will help a lot.
Is she more of a materialistic person or the type that prefers the flashy bad boy image?

He has to look out for these in his girl to make progress.

noted. Tnx
Re: At What Point Does One Become Backup Boyfriend Or Girlfriend f? by holysaint1(m): 9:49am On Jan 23, 2018
CaptainJeffry:
They are dating and not married. So why should the lady close her doors to other men?

Now such statements kinda irks me. because if the lady in question sees him talking flirtishly to other girls, she will most definitely react or pick offence. Now why is she being justified for the same act.
Re: At What Point Does One Become Backup Boyfriend Or Girlfriend f? by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:19am On Jan 23, 2018
CaptainJeffry:

Come back after you have found a lady you truly love and really want to marry okay, a lady you cannot imagine sharing with anyone else... Do that then come drop the same advice.... wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: At What Point Does One Become Backup Boyfriend Or Girlfriend f? by Cowbuoy: 10:21am On Jan 23, 2018
When you start fûcking up...
Re: At What Point Does One Become Backup Boyfriend Or Girlfriend f? by Pubichairs(m): 10:29am On Jan 23, 2018
Cowbuoy:
your nigga should step up his game..why some guys always the fall hand like this nah?
Re: At What Point Does One Become Backup Boyfriend Or Girlfriend f? by Cowbuoy: 10:35am On Jan 23, 2018
Pubichairs:
your nigga should step up his game..why some guys always the fall hand like this nah?

Pahdin??
Re: At What Point Does One Become Backup Boyfriend Or Girlfriend f? by holysaint1(m): 11:38am On Jan 23, 2018
Cowbuoy:

Fucking up in what sense? Care to explain?
Re: At What Point Does One Become Backup Boyfriend Or Girlfriend f? by Cowbuoy: 11:40am On Jan 23, 2018
holysaint1:

Fucking up in what sense? Care to explain?

Fûcking up in whatever sense pertaining to the relationship...
Re: At What Point Does One Become Backup Boyfriend Or Girlfriend f? by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jan 23, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

Come back after you have found a lady you truly love and really want to marry okay, a lady you cannot imagine sharing with anyone else... Do that then come drop the same advice.... wink

If the lady had seen seriousness and commitment in the dude, she wouldn't be giving chances to other dudes.
If she is your sister or daughter, will you advise her to continue hoping on hopelessness?
Re: At What Point Does One Become Backup Boyfriend Or Girlfriend f? by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:29pm On Jan 23, 2018
Even some ladies will see all the seriousness and still open up their arms like a refugee camp welcoming all kinds of guys in.... or you wanna pretend this is not true also? cheesy

And no daughter or sister of mine can be a slut opening up anyhow to men or flirting heavily with all kinds of guys... that is gross. I have a sister aiit.. and I told her from day one that she should never be with a guy who doesn't value her or see a future with her. She followed my advice and she is in a stable relationship with her man.

Your advice is funny because if this girl was yours.... then I wonder if you will dish out the same advice. You say so long as she is not married to him then she is free to welcome in as many guys as she wants abi... wink

I repeat, find a woman you love but won't marry this year and tell me if you will be cool with allowing her welcome in as many guys into her life as she wants, flirting heavily and even kissing them live as much as he wants.. after all, you haven't put a ring on it abi cheesy So she is free to do and undo... lol

So do that... and come offer up your advice again okay. Thanks. smiley

CaptainJeffry:
If the lady had seen seriousness and commitment in the dude, she wouldn't be giving chances to other dudes.
If she is your sister or daughter, will you advise her to continue hoping on hopelessness?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: At What Point Does One Become Backup Boyfriend Or Girlfriend f? by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jan 23, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Even some ladies will see all the seriousness and still open up their arms like a refugee camp welcoming all kinds of guys in.... or you wanna pretend this is not true also? cheesy

And no daughter or sister of mine can be a slut opening up anyhow to men or flirting heavily with all kinds of guys... that is gross. I have a sister aiit.. and I told her from day one that she should never be with a guy who doesn't value her or see a future with her. She followed my advice and she is in a stable relationship with her man.

Your advice is funny because if this girl was yours.... then I wonder if you will dish out the same advice. You say so long as she is not married to him then she is free to welcome in as many guys as she wants abi... wink

I repeat, find a woman you love but won't marry this year and tell me if you will be cool with allowing her welcome in as many guys into her life as she wants, flirting heavily and even kissing them live as much as he wants.. after all, you haven't put a ring on it abi cheesy So she is free to do and undo... lol

So do that... and come offer up your advice again okay. Thanks. smiley

I may not be cool with that for obvious selfish reason just like every other dude but my inner mind will be cool with that until I make some kind of commitment. A smart lady knows when to give up on her curiosity and adventures.

Truth is that we, men do the same thing. We always compare these girls to know which one we settle down with.
Re: At What Point Does One Become Backup Boyfriend Or Girlfriend f? by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:56pm On Jan 23, 2018
You "may" not be cool? Are you being serious? Just say you will not be cool or that you will be cool... you cannot sit on the fence in this one. It is either you like it or not.

And what do you mean by your inner mind will be cool with it? So you will be super cool with it until you make some kind of commitment? Hey wait... I said this is the woman you bloody love! You love her for God's sake.. so you are saying you will be cool with having her see other guys and cheat on you? shocked You ate saying even after you both have began a relationship then she is free to walk into as many guys' arms as much as possible and cheat and kiss and smooch as she wants with men just becos you have not put a ring on it? Why are you f**king lying just becos you wanna prove a point? cheesy

Well shaa that explains it. It only means you will do same to her. smiley And it also shows the kind of love and relationship you will keep attratcing to yourself Buddy. So if you end up with such a woman, please don't even complain okay... just find your way back to this thread and to your post where you said that "You will be cool with it" aiit wink Thank you.

And lastly, what exactly do you mean by the bolded? Why are you generalising? Placing all men into this silly category? Why don't you just speak for yourself?

So by comparing, you mean we sleep with all our girl choices and taste each of their lips? You mean we all actually engage in multiple relationships or simultaneously test run romantic rendezvous with different ladies just to make a choice of a lady to end up with?? What kind of man will that make you huh?

I think you should speak up for yourself Sir. Not all men do that. And you are talking to one of such men who don't engage in such nonsense.

I believe that before a man gets into a relationship with a lady, he should have assessed beforehand why it has to be her and no other Lady before he takes the plunge. But you cannot be in a relationship with a lady and still tell me you are making comparisons with other ladies... like seriously? Were you blind before you walked into your current relationship? Why are you wasting time being in a relationship if you are not sure of where it is headed? Mister.... this talk of yours on comparison is totally off-course because I feel you are only creating excuses to justify why you would be supposedly cool with your GF caressing the dick of another man. smiley

Never place all men into one box again ever okay.... because we have men.. and we have Real Men. Take note.

CaptainJeffry:
I may not be cool with that for obvious selfish reason just like every other dude but my inner mind will be cool with that until I make some kind of commitment. A smart lady knows when to give up on her curiosity and adventures.

Truth is that we, men do the same thing. We always compare these girls to know which one we settle down with.
Re: At What Point Does One Become Backup Boyfriend Or Girlfriend f? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jan 23, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
You "may" not be cool? Are you being serious? Just say you will not be cool or that you will be cool... you cannot sit on the fence in this one. It is either you like it or not.

And what do you mean by your inner mind will be cool with it? So you will be super cool with it until you make some kind of commitment? Hey wait... I said this is the woman you bloody love! You love her for God's sake.. so you are saying you will be cool with having her see other guys and cheat on you? shocked You ate saying even after you both have began a relationship then she is free to walk into as many guys' arms as much as possible and cheat and kiss and smooch as she wants with men just becos you have not put a ring on it? Why are you f**king lying just becos you wanna prove a point? cheesy

Well shaa that explains it. It only means you will do same to her. smiley And it also shows the kind of love and relationship you will keep attratcing to yourself Buddy. So if you end up with such a woman, please don't even complain okay... just find your way back to this thread and to your post where you said that "You will be cool with it" aiit wink Thank you.

And lastly, what exactly do you mean by the bolded? Why are you generalising? Placing all men into this silly category? Why don't you just speak for yourself?

So by comparing, you mean we sleep with all our girl choices and taste each of their lips? You mean we all actually engage in multiple relationships or simultaneously test run romantic rendezvous with different ladies just to make a choice of a lady to end up with?? What kind of man will that make you huh?

I think you should speak up for yourself Sir. Not all men do that. And you are talking to one of such men who don't engage in such nonsense.

I believe that before a man gets into a relationship with a lady, he should have assessed beforehand why it has to be her and no other Lady before he takes the plunge. But you cannot be in a relationship with a lady and still tell me you are making comparisons with other ladies... like seriously? Were you blind before you walked into your current relationship? Why are you wasting time being in a relationship if you are not sure of where it is headed? Mister.... this talk of yours on comparison is totally off-course because I feel you are only creating excuses to justify why you would be supposedly cool with your GF caressing the dick of another man. smiley

Never place all men into one box again ever okay.... because we have men.. and we have Real Men. Take note.

Hey man, back in my university days, two of the girls I was dating got hooked up with mature men and eventually married. I was cool with them hooking up with mature dudes and when we saw that the dudes were ready to take their relationships to a higher level, I severed my sexual relationships with them.

I talk about myself. I kinda put myself in people's shoes before judging them. The guy up there was busy saying a lot about love, girlfriend ish and all that without saying anything about commitment.

In relationships, ladies are smarter than men. They see what we don't see so for her to be behaving in that manner, the dude should take a look at himself in a mirror.

1 Like

Re: At What Point Does One Become Backup Boyfriend Or Girlfriend f? by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:53pm On Jan 23, 2018
That is you and your experience. I told you it is the way you think that will determine what you attract to yourself in terms of love and relationship.... Ladies who you will be so glad to see go straff another man only because he has it more in the money dept than you do.
I saw lots of these scenarios you experienced with other guys and ladies also back in my first degree.
So it is nothing new. What I see is how most times young people just get into relationships just to fill up space and not to be committed. That is the kind you possibly walked into back in your uni days.

I told you something simple which led to all this talk...

I said and I repeat for the third time...

"Find a lady you love and want to end up with and obviously cannot marry this year or maybe even next year and let her be having romping and sexual fun with other guys okay... do that and then I can take your advice seriously."

And the OP sounded so much like he sees a future with this lady. Or you didn't read where the OP described the relationship as a serious relationship??

Look, I am talking of commitment here.. no ring yet but an understanding that exists between a man and a woman that shows "Hey, love this is where we are headed."

That is all where I was coming from before you decided to take it into more branched discussions.

CaptainJeffry:
Hey man, back in my university days, two of the girls I was dating got hooked up with mature men and eventually married. I was cool with them hooking up with mature dudes and when we saw that the dudes were ready to take their relationships to a higher level, I severed my sexual relationships with them.

I talk about myself. I kinda put myself in people's shoes before judging them. The guy up there was busy saying a lot about love, girlfriend ish and all that without saying anything about commitment.

In relationships, ladies are smarter than men. They see what we don't see so for her to be behaving in that manner, the dude should take a look at himself in a mirror.

Re: At What Point Does One Become Backup Boyfriend Or Girlfriend f? by holysaint1(m): 7:01pm On Jan 23, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
That is you and your experience. I told you it is the way you think that will determine what you attract to yourself in terms of love and relationship.... Ladies who you will be so glad to see go straff another man only because he has it more in the money dept than you do.
I saw lots of these scenarios you experienced with other guys and ladies also back in my first degree.
So it is nothing new. What I see is how most times young people just get into relationships just to fill up space and not to be committed. That is the kind you possibly walked into back in your uni days.

I told you something simple which led to all this talk...

I said and I repeat for the third time...

"Find a lady you love and want to end up with and obviously cannot marry this year or maybe even next year and let her be having romping and sexual fun with other guys okay... do that and then I can take your advice seriously."

And the OP sounded so much like he sees a future with this lady. Or you didn't read where the OP described the relationship as a serious relationship??

Look, I am talking of commitment here.. no ring yet but an understanding that exists between a man and a woman that shows "Hey, love this is where we are headed."

That is all where I was coming from before you decided to take it into more branched discussions.

Thanks for your contributions... They were quite insightful.
Re: At What Point Does One Become Backup Boyfriend Or Girlfriend f? by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jan 23, 2018
He's her back up boyfriend for sure..he shouldn't take the relationship seriously.make he chop wat ever the babe give am and move on.
Re: At What Point Does One Become Backup Boyfriend Or Girlfriend f? by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:50am On Jan 24, 2018
You are welcome. All the best to you and your friend. smiley
holysaint1:

Thanks for your contributions... They were quite insightful.

(1) (Reply)

This Is Bad. How Can I Tell Her. / Another Explicit Video Of Cardi B Has Leaked Again (watch +!8) / Man Expose Cheating Girlfriend In A Classy Way.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.