Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,783 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

Voted For Buhari, But Regretting It Now? Fall In - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Voted For Buhari, But Regretting It Now? Fall In (8363 Views)

Reno Omokri: I Am Opposed To General Buhari But Sowore Lied / Corruption Is Thriving Not In Spite Of Buhari But Because Of Him- Farooq Kperogi / Voter Who Voted For Mbuhari And Is Now Regretting It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Voted For Buhari, But Regretting It Now? Fall In by UyiIredia(m): 10:47am On Jan 24, 2018
I have said it before and will say it again. People who followed Politics from 2013 to 2015.

WHERE IS THE I**OT CALLED Gbawe?

3 Likes

Re: Voted For Buhari, But Regretting It Now? Fall In by LordAdam16: 10:50am On Jan 24, 2018
OlujobaSamuel:

you don finish, I owe you no explanation bro, when you tire, you go find your way out.
If you are the know all as claimed, maybe you should aspire for your street landlord association chairman or na youth leader, you fit from there become nigeria presido.
I detest insulting people on forums like this, but I do take exceptions to people that thinks they are the Alpha and Omega of knowledge and Wisdom as a result of their intellectual prowess and use of words in a subtle manner to throw insults at opposing views, with no iota of apology, you are a fool, you proffer no alternative, yet you have no shame in insulting others opinion and their personality.

I would not feel bad being insulted by someone who claims to be experimenting with people's lives.

You were actually given the choice between GEJ and PMB, and you chose PMB and still say you made the right choice in 2015, and you expect me to cut you a blank check. You are VERY M*D!

There are some mistakes you shouldn't make. Voting in a bigoted uneducated Islamist to lead Africa's largest country and economy is not one of them. Why not you hire a mad man to be your gateman and say it's a mistake.

Why the f*ck did you go to school to acquire knowledge. If you can't use it to tell who'd be the better candidate of two bad choices.

Better face front. That's the way you'd vote another murderer like Kwankwaso in the name of trying out different hands. You think this country is like your screwed up life that you do trial and error every 4 years. I've never heard a more distressing excuse than the let's keep trying. One day we'd get it right. Go play bet9ja with the lives of your family members, ID*OT!

-Lord

5 Likes

Re: Voted For Buhari, But Regretting It Now? Fall In by obailala(m): 11:09am On Jan 24, 2018
LordAdam16:

[s]There ya go!

Unintelligent slowpoke.

Keep waiting for a miracle worker. Dog eating vomits shamelessly.

Can't even answer a simple question. You claim to want someone who can fight corruption, then I ask you to pick one politician out of 200 million Nigerians who's incorruptible and would fight corruption like you expected GEJ to, and you go mute.

Completely mute.

That's bigotry.

You know no one could do better than GEJ under the circumstances, but it didn't matter to you because you just didn't like him. You wanted a VP position. All the corruption, reserves, appointments complaint were all hogwash.

That's bigotry. [/s]

-Lord
Just curious... you repeatedly talk of bigotry, bigotry and bigotry and now I ask you, what kind of bigotry exactly?.. is it tribal, religious, regional, political or racial bigotry?.. Only a fool needs to be told the same thing a 100 times before he gets the message; I am from the SE, I was born and raised in the SS, I am a Christian and even though I support one political party over the other, I am not a member of any political party. So once again, what kind of bigotry exactly do you refer to?... And let us just assume for one that I'm from the SW, and also assuming that the SW voted Buhari in 2015 because he picked a SWestern VP. Did the same Buhari not also pick a SWestern pastor in 2011 as his VP when he ran against the same GEJ?... What warped logic does your brain have to explain that the same SW voted GEJ/Sambo over their VP brother in 2011?

Look Lordadam or whatever you call yourself, it is exceedingly clear that you are a frustrated soul. Your frustration leads you to compulsively throw insults all over the place in every sentence you make, barking all the time like an infected attack dog looking for someone to infect. I'm sorry boy, I wouldnt indulge you any more, I refuse to be infected further with your filth. Go in peace and live your frustrated misery elsewhere.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Voted For Buhari, But Regretting It Now? Fall In by OlujobaSamuel: 11:09am On Jan 24, 2018
LordAdam16:

I would not feel bad being insulted by someone who claims to be experimenting with people's lives.

You were actually given the choice between GEJ and PMB, and you chose PMB and still say you made the right choice in 2015, and you expect me to cut you a blank check. You are VERY M*D!

There are some mistakes you shouldn't make. Voting in a bigoted uneducated Islamist to lead Africa's largest country and economy is not one of them. Why not you hire a mad man to be your gateman and say it's a mistake.

Why the f*ck did you go to school to acquire knowledge. If you can't use it to tell who'd be the better candidate of two bad choices.

Better face front. That's the way you'd vote another murderer like Kwankwaso in the name of trying out different hands. You think this country is like your screwed up life that you do trial and error every 4 years. I've never heard a more distressing excuse than the let's keep trying. One day we'd get it right. Go play bet9ja with the lives of your family members, ID*OT!

-Lord
I dont engage your type. Continue to dwell and rejoice in your folly.
Re: Voted For Buhari, But Regretting It Now? Fall In by obailala(m): 11:11am On Jan 24, 2018
luvinhubby:

And you refused to answer my question.

If you are the owner of a multinational conglomerate like Unilever PLC and have the choice of hiring between GEJ and Buhari as your MD/CEO looking at their credentilas, who will you hire in all sincerity.
Buhari
My issue with Buhari is with his handling of social issues like the herdsmen crisis, ipob issue etc.. his unforgivable and senseless nepotism and his inactivity/slowness to respond to issues is my main problem. In terms of the economy/business, I wouldnt be handing my business over to someone who earned the unprecedented highest profits but remains the only CEO who reversed the company's reserves and increased debts at the same time with nothing tangible on ground.

1 Like

Re: Voted For Buhari, But Regretting It Now? Fall In by LordAdam16: 11:15am On Jan 24, 2018
Sapiosexuality:
Enough cussing LordAdam, Throwback and Obailala. The debate is better without them. While I agree that it is retarded to opt for a worse character, a monster, if anyone failed you, I wouldn't lace the argument with this tantrum.

Ordinarily I wouldn't mind. But can these failures actually keep GEJ out of their rants.

They don't think they made a mistake in 2015. Why is it that every time someone says we told you so, they default to the "you're a pained 2015 loser."

Everyone lost in 2015. Because we are no better in 2018 than we were in 2015.

And when we remind them about the difficulty in dislodging Buhari with a third unknown force, they go to the "you always support losers" line.

Like WTF!

It's like on one-hand we have realists who know Nigeria is a corrupt cesspit, there are no saints in the political circle, the system is screwed beyond repair, and all we can ideally hope for are steady, measured improvements. And on the other hand there are adults with kid brains who believe the system is workable, Nigeria can be turned to el Dorado in 4 years, there are many saints in the political circle, and we can resolve our electricity problems in 6 months.

And when the realists state their opinion, we are lambasted for supporting corruption, not bold enough to want something better, or inconsequential. Yet they keep expecting the impossible.

This is Nigeria's current situation. Buhari on one hand, an agreed failure with APC a conglomeration of vipers. PDP on the other hand with wolves. And a growing third force made up of people from APC and PDP who have always been part of the problems we're facing; and who would open their hands to welcome all the so-called "corrupt Old Guard" to fund and support their ambition.

Yet these "adults with kid brains" actually think that with this arrangement, there is a saint somewhere in either of these three parties of deplorables that is not corrupt, has never been corrupt, wouldn't ever be corrupt, and if elected would not condone corruption even after being sponsored by corrupt elements and essentially riding to the seat using corrupt proceeds.

That is why they'd scream about GEJ using corrupt proceeds to fund his election and say nothing about PMB using corrupt proceeds from BAT, Amaechi, Saraki, Atiku, El-Rufai, et cetera to finance his election. Then they act so surprised that PMB is condoning the corruption by his henchmen.

And they have the effrontery to throw jabs even with their glaring hypocrisy and bigotry (my thief is better than your thief). How exactly do you expect me not to just call them what they are? ID**TS!

I've essentially asked all of them to bring one name that'd fight corruption better than GEJ, and no one has brought a name. No one.

So they hated GEJ for corruption, but don't know anyone who'd fight it better than GEJ. What do you call someone who reason like that. Please tell me?

At some point, you just have to look someone in the face and tell them they're f*cked up. I'm not going to mince words about that.

One just said he'd keep trying like he's gambling. F*king unbelievable.

-Lord

4 Likes

Re: Voted For Buhari, But Regretting It Now? Fall In by Throwback: 11:30am On Jan 24, 2018
LordAdam16:

Ordinarily I wouldn't mind. But can these failures actually keep GEJ out of their rants.

They don't think they made a mistake in 2015. Why is it that every time someone says we told you so, they default to the "you're a pained 2015 loser."

And when we remind them about the difficulty in dislodging Buhari with a third unknown force, they go to the "you always support losers" line.

Like WTF!

It's like on one-hand we have realists who know Nigeria is a corrupt cesspit, there are no saints in the political circle, the system is screwed beyond repair, and all we can ideally hope for are steady, measured improvements. And on the other hand there are adults with kid brains who believe the system is workable, Nigeria can be turned to el Dorado in 4 years, there are many saints in the political circle, and we can resolve our electricity problems in 6 months.

And when the realists state their opinion, we are lambasted for supporting corruption, not bold enough to want something better, or inconsequential. Yet they keep expecting the impossible.

This is Nigeria's current situation. Buhari on one hand, an agreed failure with APC a conglomeration of vipers. PDP on the other hand with wolves. And a growing third force made up of people from APC and PDP who have always been part of the problems we're facing; and who would open their hands to welcome all the so-called "corrupt Old Guard" to fund and support their ambition.

Yet these "adults with kid brains" actually think that with this arrangement, there is a saint somewhere in either of these three parties of deplorables that is not corrupt, has never been corrupt, wouldn't ever be corrupt, and if elected would not condone corruption even after being sponsored by corrupt elements and essentially riding to the seat using corrupt proceeds.

That is why they'd scream about GEJ using corrupt proceeds to fund his election and say nothing about PMB using corrupt proceeds from BAT, Amaechi, Saraki, Atiku, El-Rufai, et cetera to finance his election. Then they act so surprised that PMB is condoning the corruption by his henchmen.

And they have the effrontery to throw jabs even with their glaring hypocrisy and bigotry (my thief is better than your thief). How exactly do you expect me not to just call them what they are? ID**TS!

I've essentially asked all of them to bring one name that'd fight corruption better than GEJ, and no one has brought a name. No one.

So they hated GEJ for corruption, but don't know anyone who'd fight it better than GEJ. What do you call someone who reason like that. Please tell me?

At some point, you just have to look someone in the face and tell them they're f*cked up. I'm not going to mince words about that.

-Lord

You are a pained loser, nothing more.

We that told you that Jonathan would amount to nothing in 2011, did not sit idly by when he lived up to expectations as a failure.

We challenged his government and engaged ourselves politically to return him to his village.

You on the other hand, is stuck with a belief that nobody is better than Jonathan. We employed another man to fight corruption and he has failed, and we will return him to his village also.

Your agony at losing the 2015 election is written all over your posts.

And as a corruption realist that you and many are, you are obviously benefitting from the system as it is, hence your disdain for any attempt at change.

All you have written can be summed up as: corruption is part and parcel of Nigeria, make the most of it.

It is certain that you heaved a sigh of relief when it became obvious that Buhari also did not care about fighting corrupwould

I already told you I would have fought corruption better. Nuhu Ribadu if elected in 2011, would have fought corruption and not emptied the treasury like you political lord, Jonathan.

Can we really keep Jonathan out of the political discourse concerning the 2015 election that was his sacking?

What more evidence do we need that you are a political jobber and sycophant of the Jonathan regime?
Re: Voted For Buhari, But Regretting It Now? Fall In by LordAdam16: 11:34am On Jan 24, 2018
obailala:
Just curious... you repeatedly talk of bigotry, bigotry and bigotry and now I ask you, what kind of bigotry exactly?.. is it tribal, religious, regional, political or racial bigotry?.. Only a fool needs to be told the same thing a 100 times before he gets the message; I am from the SE, I was born and raised in the SS, I am a Christian and even though I support one political party over the other, I am not a member of any political party. So once again, what kind of bigotry exactly do you refer to?... And let us just assume for one that I'm from the SW, and also assuming that the SW voted Buhari in 2015 because he picked a SWestern VP. Did the same Buhari not also pick a SWestern pastor in 2011 as his VP when he ran against the same GEJ?... What warped logic does your brain have to explain that the same SW voted GEJ/Sambo over their VP brother in 2011?

Look Lordadam or whatever you call yourself, it is exceedingly clear that you are a frustrated soul. Your frustration leads you to compulsively throw insults all over the place in every sentence you make, barking all the time like an infected attack dog looking for someone to infect. I'm sorry boy, I wouldnt indulge you any more, I refuse to be infected further with your filth. Go in peace and live your frustrated misery elsewhere.

Definition of bigotry:

intolerance towards those who hold different opinions from oneself.

Your bigotry is ideological.

You have simply failed to realize that there are no saints in Nigeria's political sphere. You've continued to believe that because things are so great in the countries you travel to, then all it takes is a flip of a switch for Nigeria to get there.

As late as the 1940's gangs still ran parts of New York. Killers walked in bars and shot people without masks and no one dared say a word. Today, such things are rarer.

Nigeria is corrupt. GEJ was corrupt. PMB is corrupt. Neither would prosecute the people who supported their ambitions. And no one you elect after them would. Because that is the system. The system breeds corruption.

People I prefer like Duke, Sani, Ribadu are corrupt. They've taken bribes, looked the other way, allowed corruption to thrive in their little way. But if I were to support them, it'd be because of the tangible gains I know they'd make.

You guys are puritans. Bigoted in the sense that you think only PMB's hard way would work even when all evidence points to the contrary. And then when someone on the opposing end show you facts and figures to prove you're wrong, you dismiss them as supporting corruption and what not.

Pick any name you like today, vote the person in 2019, and he would not fix electricity, refineries in 4 years. We'd still be debating about subsidy. Any name!

You aren't in Nigeria, you have no idea about the thought process of the elite.

So when you claim GEJ underperformed, and so it was right to vote in the most unqualified Presidential candidate in 2015, I know I'm conversing with an airhead who has lost touch with reality. It's like going to China and asking them why they don't protest. Why Putin is still ruling Russia after so many years. And why America with all its values legalized corruption and called it lobbying.

You are intelligent enough to be a realist. You simply choose not to.

-Lord

5 Likes

Re: Voted For Buhari, But Regretting It Now? Fall In by LordAdam16: 11:35am On Jan 24, 2018
OlujobaSamuel:

I dont engage your type. Continue to dwell and rejoice in your folly.

You don't engage, yet you replied me.

Take a bow mister.

-Lord

3 Likes

Re: Voted For Buhari, But Regretting It Now? Fall In by Feraz(m): 11:35am On Jan 24, 2018
LordAdam16:

So you actually believe there is any politician currently in Nigeria who would prosecute his core supporters?

You know your problem, you think Nigeria is a first-world Western country. This place is a 3rd world country where people still vote based on religious and ethnic sentiments. Where Buhari would get 12 million votes in 2019 whether he campaigns or not.

Tell me the politician you believe in Nigeria who would prosecute his core supporters. Just one name!

-Lord
I'm glad Buhari won. At least, I won't hear "He is the best president Nigeria never had". Nigerians should enjoy their change.

3 Likes

Re: Voted For Buhari, But Regretting It Now? Fall In by LordAdam16: 11:45am On Jan 24, 2018
Throwback:

You are a pained loser, nothing more.

We that told you that Jonathan would amount to nothing in 2011, did not sit idly by when he lived up to expectations as a failure.

We challenged his government and engaged ourselves politically to return him to his village.

You on the other hand, is stuck with a belief that nobody is better than Jonathan. We employed another man to fight corruption and he has failed, and we will return him to his village also.

Your agony at losing the 2015 election is written all over your posts.

And as a corruption realist that you and many are, you are obviously benefitting from the system as it is, hence your disdain for any attempt at change.

All you have written can be summed up as: corruption is part and parcel of Nigeria, make the most of it.

It is certain that you heaved a sigh of relief when it became obvious that Buhari also did not care about fighting corruption.

There is no indication that Jonathan was a failure.

If you think he is a failure, that is a purely subjective opinion.

Virtually everyone agrees that GEJ tried, but could have done better. Those of us that supported him in 2011 and 2015 say he couldn't do better because of obvious limitations, those of you that hated him say he didn't do better because he chose not to.

That's the fundamental divergence in opinion.

Oga, I chose to be a realist, you choose to believe in miracles. Now please, who would be the miracle worker, you can't say?

If you identify a problem and have tabled the solution, and think it is so easy to implement, why is it so hard to find the person amongst 200m people who would implement it?

Seriously, all of you saying PMB has failed and GEJ failed too have yet to come up with a name of who you think would succeed.

Why is that so hard? You find it so easy to find faults but proffering a solution and more importantly finding someone who implement the solution is so difficult.

I also asked, if you were the GCFR and a man who donated N1.6B to your campaign is found culpable in a case of corruption from which he got the N1.6b to fund your campaign, would you prosecute the man?

You keep saying I benefit from corruption, but you're the hypocrite who claims not to condone corruption but keep voting people who are inherently corrupt.

Ribadu is corrupt, Buhari is corrupt. You voted both of them in 2011 and 2015. Then you turn around and shade me for voting someone corrupt in 2011 and 2015. Do you really want to tell me that in 2019, you'd vote someone who isn't corrupt?

See how silly you sound?

-Lord

4 Likes

Re: Voted For Buhari, But Regretting It Now? Fall In by Throwback: 11:53am On Jan 24, 2018
obailala:

The guy is a lord of frustration.

It's like he lost a big contract due to the sacking of Jonathan. So he is so pained that corruption has continued without him being a beneficiary.

He doesn't even appreciate that like him in 2015, others also told whoever cared to listen in 2011 that Jonathan would be a failure.

Yet he still insists that the same regions that in 2015 voted out Jonathan after those same regions voted him in 2011, are bigots for realising he was a failed and useless president - a realisation he has refused to come to.

That dude is the frustrated lord of hypocrisy.

1 Like

Re: Voted For Buhari, But Regretting It Now? Fall In by hysteriabox(m): 11:55am On Jan 24, 2018
Hmmm
What was I thinking...
Oh wait, I wasn't..!

1 Like

Re: Voted For Buhari, But Regretting It Now? Fall In by Sapiosexuality(m): 11:57am On Jan 24, 2018
LordAdam16:

Like WTF!

-Lord
I perfectly understand you.

3 Likes

Re: Voted For Buhari, But Regretting It Now? Fall In by LordAdam16: 11:57am On Jan 24, 2018
Throwback:

I already told you I would have fought corruption better. Nuhu Ribadu if elected in 2011, would have fought corruption and not emptied the treasury like you political lord, Jonathan.

You are VERY VERY ST*PID!

Are we talking about the same Nuhu Ribadu.

The same Ribadu who has no problem jumping from ACN to PDP to APC to PDP, courting corrupt politicians to support and fund his ambition, served under corruption impersonified OBJ, and actually supported GEJ in 2015 that'd fight corruption.

Now I know your brain is completely empty.

Fool*sh trash!

-Lord

3 Likes

Re: Voted For Buhari, But Regretting It Now? Fall In by obailala(m): 12:01pm On Jan 24, 2018
LordAdam16:

Definition of bigotry:

Your bigotry is ideological.

You have simply failed to realize that there are no saints in Nigeria's political sphere. You've continued to believe that because things are so great in the countries you travel to, then all it takes is a flip of a switch for Nigeria to get there.

As late as the 1940's gangs still ran parts of New York. Killers walked in bars and shot people without masks and no one dared say a word. Today, such things are rarer.

Nigeria is corrupt. GEJ was corrupt. PMB is corrupt. Neither would prosecute the people who supported their ambitions. And no one you elect after them would. Because that is the system. The system breeds corruption.

People I prefer like Duke, Sani, Ribadu are corrupt. They've taken bribes, looked the other way, allowed corruption to thrive in their little way. But if I were to support them, it'd be because of the tangible gains I know they'd make.

You guys are puritans. Bigoted in the sense that you think only PMB's hard way would work even when all evidence points to the contrary. And then when someone on the opposing end show you facts and figures to prove you're wrong, you dismiss them as supporting corruption and what not.

Pick any name you like today, vote the person in 2019, and he would not fix electricity, refineries in 4 years. We'd still be debating about subsidy. Any name!

You aren't in Nigeria, you have no idea about the thought process of the elite.

So when you claim GEJ underperformed, and so it was right to vote in the most unqualified Presidential candidate in 2015, I know I'm conversing with an airhead who has lost touch with reality. It's like going to China and asking them why they don't protest. Why Putin is still ruling Russia after so many years. And why America with all its values legalized corruption and called it lobbying.

You are intelligent enough to be a realist. You simply choose not to.

-Lord
I believed PMB's hard ways were going to work and reduce corruption; I never at any time believed or implied in any way whatsoever that corruption can be eliminated, not in any society and not especially in a dilapudated system like ours. Now guess what? I was not wrong, the level of lootocracy has indeed gone down and we now hear less cases of heart wrenching thievery going on whilst the president looks the other way or comes on air to shamefully defend it... It doesnt matter to me if you choose to acknowledge this fact or not. I'm only disapponted in PMB cos I expected very very much more in terms of the fight against corruption but to say we still have same level of corruption as it was before (or even more), that is clownish reasoning.

Now back to your definition of 'bigotry', I believed a Buhari presidency was going to reduce corruption, I dont remember ever stopping you or anyone from holding different view. But you think I'm a bigot for that?... From the definition you have given above for 'bigotry', who between us both is a bigot?... Who has been insulting the other for supporting Buhari over GEJ?... All through this thread you've been unleashing profanities on any and everyone who supported or believes Buhari was/is a better candidate than your GEJ?... In this entire thread you remain the most intolerant and bigoted forumite who sees everyone else as airheads for holding a different view from yours. Yet you still remain the ine screaming 'bigot' all over the place like he even has a clue what the word means.

I dont need to be in Nigeria to know what happens in Nigeria in this age of information technology. I was born and raised in Nigeria and only stepped out a few years ago; and that doesnt also mean I dont make visits every year to family and friends. So kindly put that your 'outside Nigeria' argument aside.

And just so you know, my problem with PMB isnt really about the economy (even though I know he's far from my expectations in that sector), but rather about his lackadaisical and nepotistic handling of social and security issues.

1 Like

Re: Voted For Buhari, But Regretting It Now? Fall In by Throwback: 12:03pm On Jan 24, 2018
LordAdam16:

You are VERY VERY ST*PID!

Are we talking about the same Nuhu Ribadu.

The same Ribadu who has no problem jumping from ACN to PDP to APC to PDP, courting corrupt politicians to support and fund his ambition, served under corruption impersonified OBJ, and actually supported GEJ in 2015 that'd fight corruption.

Now I know your brain is completely empty.

Fool*sh trash!

-Lord

I can see you are an aimless troll who is just so miserable that a government he had contacts to benefit from corruption was sacked, leaving him without contacts to benefit from the current corrupt government.

You have not said anything positive since morning.

All you are interested in is that corruption must not die and must occur in a government that you support and benefit from.

As far as you are concerned, we should even stop voting all together as nothing can never change with any new government?

We should have continued with Jonathan forever?

And mind you, if Ribadu had been elected in 2011 with ACN, that would have been his first political party membership. And yes, he had would not have failed or be clueless like the disgraced Jonathan.

1 Like

Re: Voted For Buhari, But Regretting It Now? Fall In by LordAdam16: 12:06pm On Jan 24, 2018
Throwback:

The guy is a lord of frustration.

It's like he lost a big contract due to the sacking of Jonathan. So he is so pained that corruption has continued without him being a beneficiary.

He doesn't even appreciate that like him in 2015, others also told whoever cared to listen in 2011 that Jonathan would be a failure.

Yet he still insists that the same regions that in 2015 voted out Jonathan after those same regions voted him in 2011, are bigots for realising he was a failed and useless president - a realisation he has refused to come to.

That dude is the frustrated lord of hypocrisy.

Yes, says a fellow who voted corrupt Ribadu and Buhari and is gearing to vote another corrupt candidate in 2019.

You want to fight corruption, yet you keep voting in corrupt individuals. Then you have the guts to claim someone else is an hypocrite.

I don't pretend about who I support and why I do it. GEJ made progress in electoral law, freedom, gender equality, infrastructural development, economic indices, and agriculture. These are things that are important to me, and I felt he deserved to continue since the alternative was an equally-corrupt, uneducated, bigoted ex-dictator.

Now, in 2018, we are worried about the President holding free and fair elections and leaving peacefully if he loses.

Something we stopped worrying about when Yar'Adua was elected.

-Lord

3 Likes

Re: Voted For Buhari, But Regretting It Now? Fall In by ettybaba(m): 12:07pm On Jan 24, 2018
Present sir.
Buhari is a yahoo boy.

1 Like

Re: Voted For Buhari, But Regretting It Now? Fall In by Throwback: 12:09pm On Jan 24, 2018
LordAdam16:

Yes, says a fellow who voted corrupt Ribadu and Buhari and is gearing to vote another corrupt candidate in 2019.

You want to fight corruption, yet you keep voting in corrupt individuals. Then you have the guts to claim someone else is an hypocrite.

I don't pretend about who I support and why I do it. GEJ made progress in electoral law, freedom, gender equality, infrastructural development, economic indices, and agriculture. These are things that are important to me, and I felt he deserved to continue since the alternative was an equally-corrupt, uneducated, bigoted ex-dictator.

Now, in 2018, we are worried about the President holding free and fair elections and leaving peacefully if he loses.

Something we stopped worrying about when Yar'Adua was elected.

-Lord

Are you saying we did not worry about free and fair elections in 2011 and 2015?

Guy you are too deep in sycophancy.

No wonder Jonathan failed when he surrounded himself with court jesters like you.

1 Like

Re: Voted For Buhari, But Regretting It Now? Fall In by LordAdam16: 12:10pm On Jan 24, 2018
Throwback:

I can see you are an aimless troll who is just so miserable that a government he had contacts to benefit from corruption was sacked, leaving him without contacts to benefit from the current corrupt government.

You have not said anything positive since morning.

All you are interested in is that corruption must not die and must occur in a government that you support and benefit from.

As far as you are concerned, we should even stop voting all together as nothing can never change with any new government?

We should have continued with Jonathan forever?

Oh, can't you defend Ribadu?

You f*cking hypocrite. So Ribadu is the anti-corruption sage that would solve all our problems.

Look how foolish you are.

Jonathan wouldn't have ruled forever, he wouldn't even attempt it like your Chief Navigator OBJ.

If he had continued, by now we'd be talking about handing power to a detribalized Northerner, not having to choose between PMB and Atiku.

I can't take anyone serious who thinks Ribadu would fight corruption? There's no difference between Ribadu and Atiku.

-Lord

3 Likes

Re: Voted For Buhari, But Regretting It Now? Fall In by LordAdam16: 12:11pm On Jan 24, 2018
Throwback:

Are you saying we did not worry about free and far elections in 2011 and 2015?

Guy you are too deep in sycophancy.

No wonder Jonathan failed when he surrounded himself with court jesters like you.

Who was the first president to say he was elected by an election that wasn't free and fair?

Answer this question!

-Lord

3 Likes

Re: Voted For Buhari, But Regretting It Now? Fall In by oooduancalmdown: 12:18pm On Jan 24, 2018
Who told you people regret voting Buhari? I have not seen anyone having regret. Buhari till 2023
Re: Voted For Buhari, But Regretting It Now? Fall In by oooduancalmdown: 12:20pm On Jan 24, 2018
luvinhubby:
You people are very funny jokers, it is pay back time for us, Buhari till 2023, i will campaign and vote for Buhari come 2019 election.

It is our own turn to turn deaf ears to the voices of those that refused to listen to our own voices in 2015.

Una think say na only certain persons from certain places dey mean !!

Sai baba till 2023. angry angry
We don't regret voting Buhari in 2015. I will vote him again next year. He must rule till 2023.
Re: Voted For Buhari, But Regretting It Now? Fall In by dignity33: 12:21pm On Jan 24, 2018
I supported him from far afield calling people to vote for him but he is the worst my eyes has seen so far as president all over the world.

2 Likes

Re: Voted For Buhari, But Regretting It Now? Fall In by luvinhubby(m): 12:23pm On Jan 24, 2018
obailala:
Buhari
My issue with Buhari is with his handling of social issues like the herdsmen crisis, ipob issue etc.. his unforgivable and senseless nepotism and his inactivity/slowness to respond to issues is my main problem. In terms of the economy/business, I wouldnt be handing my business over to someone who earned the unprecedented highest profits but remains the only CEO who reversed the company's reserves and increased debts at the same time with nothing tangible on ground.

Permit me to submit to you that you are a very big bigot.

Based on credentials, qualification and record of performance on previous similar office held, anyone chosing Buhari over GEJ for such an office is doing so purely on 'man-know-man', i. e, bigotry.

3 Likes

Re: Voted For Buhari, But Regretting It Now? Fall In by Throwback: 12:24pm On Jan 24, 2018
LordAdam16:

Oh, can't you defend Ribadu?

You f*cking hypocrite. So Ribadu is the anti-corruption sage that would solve all our problems.

Look how foolish you are.

Jonathan wouldn't have ruled forever, he wouldn't even attempt it like your Chief Navigator OBJ.

If he had continued, by now we'd be talking about handing power to a detribalized Northerner, not having to choose between PMB and Atiku.

I can't take anyone serious who thinks Ribadu would fight corruption? There's no difference between Ribadu and Atiku.

-Lord

Dude your frustration is so obvious, calm your corrupt nerves.

I can defend Ribadu and his integrity. Was he not the guy your PDP tried to make caretaker chairman and he declined?

Was he not the guy who left APC when the party accepted the Adamawa governor into its fold?

Was he not the guy who rejected $15m bribe from Ibori?

Yes Ribadu is an anti corruption sage and you are a corruption promoter.

Read your posts and try to identify anything positive that you have said since morning.

1 Like

Re: Voted For Buhari, But Regretting It Now? Fall In by oooduancalmdown: 12:26pm On Jan 24, 2018
luvinhubby:

That is a fact.

Buhari will return in 2019 and my friends from Osun state cannot do anything about it.
How do you know Osun state won't vote for Buhari again? You iboe losers always drag Yoruba people into una wahala. Tell me how many Yorubas that are regretting for voting Buhari.
Re: Voted For Buhari, But Regretting It Now? Fall In by luvinhubby(m): 12:26pm On Jan 24, 2018
oooduancalmdown:

We don't regret voting Buhari in 2015. I will vote him again next year. He must rule till 2023.

I did not vote him in 2015, but will vote him next year.

Thank you

3 Likes

Re: Voted For Buhari, But Regretting It Now? Fall In by oooduancalmdown: 12:31pm On Jan 24, 2018
luvinhubby:

I did not vote him in 2015, but will vote him next year.

Thank you
That is good. The man must complete his 8 years
Re: Voted For Buhari, But Regretting It Now? Fall In by LordAdam16: 12:35pm On Jan 24, 2018
obailala:
I believed PMB's hard ways were going to work and reduce corruption; I never at any time believed or implied in any way whatsoever that corruption can be eliminated, not in any society and not especially in a dilapudated system like ours. Now guess what? I was not wrong, the level of lootocracy has indeed gone down and we now hear less cases of heart wrenching thievery going on whilst the president looks the other way or comes on air to shamefully defend it... It doesnt matter to me if you choose to acknowledge this fact or not. I'm only disapponted in PMB cos I expected very very much more in terms of the fight against corruption but to say we still have same level of corruption as it was before (or even more), that is clownish reasoning.

Now back to your definition of 'bigotry', I believed a Buhari presidency was going to reduce corruption, I dont remember ever stopping you or anyone from holding different view. But you think I'm a bigot for that?... From the definition you have given above for 'bigotry', who between us both is a bigot?... Who has been insulting the other for supporting Buhari over GEJ?... All through this thread you've been unleashing profanities on any and everyone who supported or believes Buhari was/is a better candidate than your GEJ?... In this entire thread you remain the most intolerant and bigoted forumite who sees everyone else as airheads for holding a different view from yours. Yet you still remain the ine screaming 'bigot' all over the place like he even has a clue what the word means.

I dont need to be in Nigeria to know what happens in Nigeria in this age of information technology. I was born and raised in Nigeria and only stepped out a few years ago; and that doesnt also mean I dont make visits every year to family and friends. So kindly put that your 'outside Nigeria' argument aside.

And just so you know, my problem with PMB isnt really about the economy (even though I know he's far from my expectations in that sector), but rather about his lackadaisical and nepotistic handling of social and security issues.

You actually think looting has reduced?

Can you hear yourself?

From Buratai to Baru? Do you know how much is being paid for subsidy per liter? And how millions of liters of gasoline leave this country daily but with subsidy already paid.

I'm not going to do this with you. Compare and say GEJ's corruption is less than Buhari's corruption because Buhari came in when oil price was low. Corruption is corruption. NNPC, the armed forces, and many other agencies, the real cash cows are outside the TSA.

Even with the TSA, there are still reports of private accounts holding large amounts of money. Look at the amount of money budgeted for transportation, a 1000% increase compared to previous budget, yet there's very little if any to show for it.

See why I called you a bigot?

IBB stole $12b in one year, should I also say I prefer GEJ because he didn't steal $12b in one year? GEJ implemented BVN and IPPPS and designed the TSA, are you really saying if someone else aside GEJ and PMB won in 2015, he wouldn't have implemented the TSA?

My thief steals less than your thief? Where have I heard that before?

You are worse than corrupt. You're also hypocritical. If there is so little stealing then why are we borrowing so much, and there's nothing done. At least under GEJ new universities, new rail, new silos, new funds were being set up. What is PMB doing with all that money that isn't being stolen.

This is the same PMB is paying less salary in dollar terms than GEJ. GEJ paid N150b monthly with exchange rate at N150/$. PMB is paying same N150b (even less due to the slow eradication of ghost workers that started under GEJ), with exchange rate at N305/$. Why doesn't he still have any money to build infrastructure. Oil is currently $70 per barrel. When GEJ left it was around $50.

You are unbelievable. Now I'm the bigot because I'm proving you and the others to be a bigot. Talk about reverse psychology.

That dumb sh*t doesn't work on me.

In 2015, you guys said only a strong man like Buhari could end corruption, we said corruption was part of the fabric of Nigeria and only adept processes like BVN, IPPIS and the likes would limit corruption in Nigeria. 3 years later, Buhari hasn't ended corruption with his macho-style, corruption is still thriving. While processes like BVN, IPPIS, TSA have steadily kept gaining ground in preventing corruption.

Yet you're still adamant that the hard way is the only way, even in the face of overwhelming evidence.

Then when I say GEJ was right all along in his approach, especially in view of all the expected consequences of having a hard, bigoted man in Aso Rock; you turn around and say we are corrupt for saying that. How weird is that?

GEJ's people were stealing. PMB's people are stealing. The processes that limited corruption under GEJ are the same processes limiting corruption under PMB. The difference however is that while GEJ regularly thought up and refined processes to fight corruption, PMB has not thought about any such new process.

You have said nothing to convince me otherwise, even stating half-truths like corruption has reduced when $25b worth of contracts were signed without following due process.

Which leads me back to my point that you think your thief is better than my thief. Which is bigotry.

-Lord

5 Likes

Re: Voted For Buhari, But Regretting It Now? Fall In by luvinhubby(m): 12:45pm On Jan 24, 2018
oooduancalmdown:

How do you know Osun state won't vote for Buhari again? You iboe losers always drag Yoruba people into una wahala. Tell me how many Yorubas that are regretting for voting Buhari.

Listen to pa Akande and know what Osun people are saying

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

... / NJC To Reconvene Today Over Onnoghen, Muhammad / No Nigerian Will Work Under Inhuman Conditions Again – Senate President, Akpabio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 160
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.