Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,982 members, 7,817,900 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? (42850 Views)

How Many States Have You Visited in Nigeria And Which State Did You Enjoy Most? / Which Country Have You Visited? / Which Country Have You Visited In The Last Decade? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by seunny4lif(m): 3:15pm On Jan 25, 2018
fpeter:

I'd also love to visit that country.
Cape Verde or Senegal?
Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by mildflame: 3:15pm On Jan 25, 2018
Audray:
Honestly. There's no point comparing or contrasting life in west African/ECOWAS countries. Sure, Sure you might say some are better than Nigeria cos of their electricity and slightly better methods of organization. But IMHO,You'd more or less still feel like you're in a slightly alternate version of Nigeria.
Speaking from experience,The only way you get to have fun is if you've got lots of cash. Only with tons of money can you actually stay in WA countries and not complain.
You want to compare? Check out other African counties like Eritrea,Morocco, South Africa, Mauritius and even Kenya. These are countries I wish Nigeria would strive to be in league with. As for European countries... well...talk about having a slice of heaven on Earth.

Erit-WHAT!

4 Likes

Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by Bizibi(m): 3:16pm On Jan 25, 2018
GreatMahmud:

Which development in Rwanda are u talking Outside Kigali the capital &perhaps Gisenyi, Ruhengeri and Kibuye, the country is a rural community...Rwanda lives on support from foreign countries!!!!!
but I heard their policies is business friendly but I don't know if it is true tho.

1 Like

Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by fpeter(f): 3:25pm On Jan 25, 2018
seunny4lif:

Cape Verde or Senegal?

Cape Verde, I understand it's a lovely Island.
Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by mildflame: 3:26pm On Jan 25, 2018
Abuja lagos Portharcourt Enugu Ibadan Jos Uyo Owerri Kano Benin...outside most Capital cities of most African countries d rest part na Jack n d Jungle
Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by adexuxin(m): 3:26pm On Jan 25, 2018
seunny4lif:
Senegal ( 5 months) :
The best west Africa for me, 90% Muslims nation but you wouldn't even know. You can slap a Soldier in Senegal no problem but do that to police officer and be ready for 4 months in Jail.
Apart from Dakar, the other areas are not much developed
NB:
Dakar is so nice but Igbo boiz has made Senegalese police to be targeting Nigerians.
They believe all Nigerians are Scammers becos that what most Nigerians in Senegal do for living.
Churches have so many programs for Scammers and vigil to help them see Magas.

Niger Rep (4 months):
Nothing much diff from Northern Nigeria but Alcohol is legalized and the country own more than 4 brewery companies.
Friday's night na Club but the ladies are Nigerians.
Igbos and Yorubas girls has Oloshos

Sierra Leone ( 3 weeks):
Are you looking for easy to fuvk girls?
Sierra leone are the cheapest girls to bleep cos just buy a plate of food for them and it is finish but mehn those chicks get unbelievable ASS and they will fuvk your soul out .
Dogg style
The only food in that country is Rice and Cassava.
Every soup is around Cassava leaves shocked shocked

Guinea ( 4 days)
Those chicks over there are the most beautiful ladies in the whole West Africa. They like Nigerian guys becos of what Igbo guys are doing over there.
Once the police see a Nigerian? Money don come.
They will hold you at every check point as a Nigerian and you must pay.
The road from Mali to Guinea and from Guinea to Senegal are the worst roads, I have ever seen in my life.
Worst currency in West Africa.
3K = 270K grin

Benin Rep (All together 1 month)
Not much fun
Same like Nigeria

Togo (2 days )

Ghana ( Just 2 days)

Burkina Faso( 1 day)

Mali ( 3 days)

If you have money to do business then no problem but if you don't
God is your strength cheesy cheesy
Planning to visit Cape Verde but my wife is coming with me angry angry angry
Can't check out those Cape Verde chicks
You are leaving my Dream....I know one day I will tour the whole of Africa. InshaAllah.

7 Likes

Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by seunny4lif(m): 3:28pm On Jan 25, 2018
fpeter:

Cape Verde, I understand it's a lovely Island.
Yes
Beautiful beaches
Beautiful sexy ladies
It's like Silicy of Africa.

I will be going with my wife and kid but my woman wanted to visit Bahamas shocked shocked
Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by seunny4lif(m): 3:29pm On Jan 25, 2018
mildflame:
Abuja lagos Portharcourt Enugu Ibadan Jos Uyo Owerri Kano Benin...outside most Capital cities of most African countries d rest part na Jack n d Jungle
Our leaders are the problem.
Remember most of this countries are small compare to Nigeria.

Nigeria has some many cities and town.
Most other west Africa are just one big city and towns.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by gmoni2(m): 3:30pm On Jan 25, 2018
GreatMahmud:

Which development in Rwanda are u talking Outside Kigali the capital &perhaps Gisenyi, Ruhengeri and Kibuye, the country is a rural community...Rwanda lives on support from foreign countries!!!!!

Rwanda is well organized, well structured with good security and the rule of law works there.

1 Like

Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by seunny4lif(m): 3:31pm On Jan 25, 2018
adexuxin:
You are leaving my Dream....I know one day I will tour the whole of Africa. InshaAllah.
Amin cool

Get your Nigeria passprt
Arrange some cash with you
Don't use Flight cos you would get much fun
Use the Bus.

2 Likes

Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jan 25, 2018
seunny4lif:
Senegal ( 5 months) :
The best west Africa for me, 90% Muslims nation but you wouldn't even know. You can slap a Soldier in Senegal no problem but do that to police officer and be ready for 4 months in Jail.
NB:
Dakar is so nice but Igbo boiz has made Senegalese police to be targeting Nigerians.
They believe all Nigerians are Scammers becos that what most Nigerians in Senegal do for living.

Niger Rep (4 months):
Nothing much diff from Northern Nigeria but Alcohol is legalized and the country own more than 4 brewery companies.

Sierra Leone ( 3 weeks):
Sierra leone are the cheapest girls to bleep cos just buy a plate of food for them and it is finish but mehn those chicks get unbelievable ASS and they will fuvk your soul out .
Dogg style

Guinea ( 4 days)
Those chicks over there are the most beautiful ladies in the whole West Africa. They like Nigerian guys becos of what Igbo guys are doing over there.
The road from Mali to Guinea and from Guinea to Senegal are the worst roads, I have ever seen in my life.
3K = 270K grin

Not much fun
Same like Nigeria

Togo (2 days )

Ghana ( Just 2 days)

Burkina Faso( 1 day)

Mali ( 3 days)

Senegal is a francophone country. How did you get by considering the language barrier?

1 Like

Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by fpeter(f): 3:33pm On Jan 25, 2018
seunny4lif:

Yes
Beautiful beaches
Beautiful sexy ladies
It's like Silicy of Africa.

I will be going with my wife and kid but my woman wanted to visit Bahamas shocked shocked

I intend to visit at least one country this year. My friend thinks we should do Malaysia, that way we could buy footwear to retail back home.
I think Cape Verde or the Bahamas would be very lovely and romantic for couples. The Bahamas is visa free but how do you get there?
Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by seunny4lif(m): 3:36pm On Jan 25, 2018
africangirl000:

Senegal is a francophone country. How did you get by considering the language barrier?
Most Senegalese wouldn't even speak French to you.
They will tell you to learn Wollof and the President always speak with the citizens in Wollof just like Niger Rep will President don't speak French to the Citizens.

Senegalese do speak English but just few.
I lived in Arab Country for 2 years without speaking much Arab

2 Likes

Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by seunny4lif(m): 3:38pm On Jan 25, 2018
fpeter:

I intend to visit at least one country this year. My friend thinks we should do Malaysia, that way we could buy footwear to retail back home.
I think Cape Verde or the Bahamas would be very lovely and romantic for couples. The Bahamas is visa free but how do you get there?
I was In Bahamas but lasted only 2 days.
Those people hate Nigerians

Babados is visa free for Nigerians not Bahamas
You need a visa to Bahamas

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by Pamelayoung: 3:38pm On Jan 25, 2018
seunny4lif:
Senegal ( 5 months) :
NB:
Don't be surprise when you see Europeans travelling with you inside the Bus o Oooh even within the city

Niger Rep (4 months):

Sierra Leone ( 3 weeks):
Dogg style

Guinea ( 4 days)
3K = 270K grin

Not much fun
Same like Nigeria

Togo (2 days )

Ghana ( Just 2 days)

Burkina Faso( 1 day)

Mali ( 3 days)

What do you do that you get to travel to all this places

3 Likes

Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by seunny4lif(m): 3:38pm On Jan 25, 2018
Pamelayoung:

What do you do that you get to travel to all this places
Na hustling things grin grin

4 Likes

Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by seunny4lif(m): 3:41pm On Jan 25, 2018
grin grin
mrphysics:
This is very necessary. Justwise, kindly move this to frontpage.

Me that the only country I have been to is Biafraland grin grin grin
Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by gmoni2(m): 3:42pm On Jan 25, 2018
gmoni2:

Rwanda is well organized, well structured with good security and the rule of law works there.

With all the hardship Zimbabwe went through, can you compare the infrastructure in Bulawayo to that of Lagos.

We are not an organized society, indiscipline is killing us, we have no respect for the rule of law, we have no regard for humanity, nothing works in Naija at present. A whole Abuja doesn't have a simple underground sewage system.The late Tunji Braithwait was given the contract to do it, Babangida canceled it because they were not friends..

7 Likes

Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by futurerex: 3:44pm On Jan 25, 2018
Can you say much about starting a business in Cape Verde or Mauritius Most especially in the area of media/publication and entertainment. Thanks

cc: Seunny4lif and any other persons with experience.
Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by paradigmshift(m): 3:45pm On Jan 25, 2018
Deo1986:
Most of our West Africans neighbours except Ghana speaks French. The are all steep in spiritism (juju). No sane Nigerian should bother visiting those countries. America, Italy, cananda, Australia, Singapore, China Malaysia sure pass!!

na Nigeria worst pass.
so no juju for 9ja ba ?
I dab for you o

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by BedLam: 3:46pm On Jan 25, 2018
stagger:

Yep, PMS sells for 4.49GHS (which is $1 or N360 per litre) in Ghana but you can hardly find anyone using generators. So your fuel is for your car alone. Also their traffic etiquette is second to none.

But their consumption tax is high (17.5%) so cost of things is relatively higher.
Actually sells for 4.630 now lol that's more than a dollar.
Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by BedLam: 3:47pm On Jan 25, 2018
futurerex:
Can you say much about starting a business in Cape Verde or Mauritius Most especially in the area of media/publication and entertainment. Thanks

What I know about Cape Verde is that you can hardly see a flight from nearby countries. Too bad
Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by paradigmshift(m): 3:50pm On Jan 25, 2018
Childofaking:
Do you know that Nigeria have more than 30 big cities and more than 15 airports?
There are only few countries ( if any )in sub sahara Africa that have more than 2 airports. And many of them don't have the number of cities that we have.
Our greatest problem is power. Once the electricity issue is solved , a lot of things will fall into place. Small small countries around us have all solved this problem.

(When I say sub sahara Africa, I am excluding south Africa)

dead airport

3 Likes

Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by Philtrik(m): 3:52pm On Jan 25, 2018

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by BedLam: 3:52pm On Jan 25, 2018
junkiesneverdie:
Ghana all the way.... they have good roads, stable electricity and their people are very welcoming...if you go there come back you go curse our Nigerian Leaders
which Ghana has good roads ? Talk something else

1 Like

Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by futurerex: 3:52pm On Jan 25, 2018
BedLam:
What I know about Cape Verde is that you can hardly see a flight from nearby countries. Too bad

So, how can someone get into the country?
Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by seunny4lif(m): 3:53pm On Jan 25, 2018
futurerex:

Can't say much about Cape Verde but you have to get to Senegal then from Senegal by Flight.
Remember it's Tourism country with a small population.
I will advice you to visit there first before planning on your business.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by ObaIgwe1: 3:54pm On Jan 25, 2018
As someone who has visited many West African countries, the only thing better in some of these countries than Nigeria is security and Electricity. In every other area, it's either same or worse than Nigeria.

Truth is many of those countries look up to Nigeria for help, though their citizens may not respect many of our brothers living there because of their reputation for fraudulent activities. But still, many of their schools, hospitals/clinics, banks are owned and run by Nigerians. And reputation or not, most of their women prefer Naija men, even though some will only date Naija men secretly, so their men envy and dislike Naija men.

The only way you will enjoy these countries is going there with lots of money for holidays or setting up businesses after proper feasibility. Expensive and cheap Women are and available every where, the price you pay depends on the type of girl you want and that is the same in Nigeria. And many Naija oloshos are every where you go too.

But then if you have money, why would you wanna leave Naija for another Africa country except you are very sure of less competition and higher ROI for the business you are thinking of. Naija is the best place to do business in the whole of Africa if you know what you are doing, This is because Naija has the biggest market in Africa.

If you are thinking of going to these West African countries to hustle, please think and think again. Majority of their citizens are poorer than our average, Many of them are lazy and don't complain like Nigerians about their government. They are satisfied with daily bread and few clothes. But if you must go, go to the few English speaking ones... Like Ghana, Liberia, Sierra Leone or Gambia. Gambia is also very good for holiday with many Europeans visiting the country but Liberia is cheaper.

And it is an insult for anyone to compare any of these West African countries to Abuja. None of them even come close to Lagos Island / Ikoyi. They are comparing one or two beautiful streets / area to an entire city.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by honor4me: 3:55pm On Jan 25, 2018
Tbamo:

Sorry which Accra is better than Abuja? Have you been to Abuja? Serzly Accra, the only city in west Africa better than Abuja is Abidjan ...
Abidjan is not better than Abuja. I live in both cities. Electricity is far stable in Cote D'ivoire but it's so costly. At all rates Abuja is still the best.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by ochardbaby(m): 3:56pm On Jan 25, 2018
Firefire:
Not comparable...

Member States

The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) is made up of fifteen member countries that are located in the Western African region. These countries have both cultural and geopolitical ties and shared common economic interest. The region of West Africa is located west of north-south axis lying close to 10° east longitude. The Atlantic Ocean forms the western as well as the southern borders of the West African region. The northern border is the Sahara Desert, with the Ranishanu Bend generally considered the northernmost part of the region. The eastern border lies between the Benue Trough, and a line running from Mount Cameroon to Lake Chad.

Colonial boundaries are still reflected in the modern boundaries between contemporary West African states, cutting across ethnic and cultural lines, often dividing single ethnic groups between two or more states. The Economic Community of West African States has defined the region of West Africa since 1999 as including the following 15 states:

• BENIN -: Cotonou like every other capital city,full of fun. Good for okrika business - general clothes importation. Lovely people and reserve.
Classical ladies and shy,but if u enter oza room walahi you need to practice well to stand the test.
Parakou-: transits city with so much connections to lots of west African countries ...mosquitos be like swear.

• BURKINA FASO-: Ouagadougou hot like hell,the Yorubas... Saki/igboho control the buying and selling for westerners. Igbo guys -: Big Boys ... spare parts /drugs /fraud big time.
Bobo dialaso-: lovely city-few Naija’s ... Business controlled by locals.
• CABO VERDE -: just there for fun so i wouldn’t be able to write anything outside the oza room deals .
• CÔTE D'IVOIRE-: abdijan city ..... Gbogbo aye,French style,nice clothings,French foods, atcheke, lovely with all social amenities. Yorubas do business here you can’t write them off. Fun time once you are sweet mouthed and got some cash to flash you got it.
• The GAMBIA-: Banjul is city for government officials in the day time,sea port and lots of mauritania’s and Senegalese and city of dogs in the night. Senegambia yeyeye yeye !! All of it restaurant and night clubs and you wouldn’t believe you are in Africa during their tourist seasons as you will find 50 whites and fifty blacks,during jammeh erra security 95% and your money is got good value here. Ladies are berekete.
• GHANA -: Accra is like Naija good bad and ugly, ladies are kind of more hard working,they have lots of multi national companies and good value for your money,but Naija ain’t got good name here.
• GUINEA -: Conakry- dirty,Big mansions,Big Cars ,free sea port,they have all the mineral resources you can think of. Fun @ night ladies will give it to for cheap and no High expectations.
• GUINEA BISSAU -: just like Ijebu Ode in time of development .
very local people /primitive ... their ladies Catch you be prepared for www2.
• LIBERIA -: when you arrive in Monrovia,you will be forced to tell your driver : Oga abeg Na Monrovia indey go oh... cell phones are very very expensive.. if you are traveling here go with 1-2-3 cell phones and hats enough for all the fun you want to have!
• MALI -: Bamako is Sweet ... electricity is good,ibo guys deal on spare parts and drugs. Police corruption equals to Naija own. Hotels are expensive/ladies are either naturally yellow or yellow by force.
• NIGER-: Niamey : hmmmmm just like the Kano no sea port,everything comes from Cotonou and Naija,Can be hot like hell. Ladies are cool headed and will give it to you if you can ask wella,Yorubas and Hausas do Business here... locals are hard working but suffer dey Africa paparapa.
• NIGERIA -: Naija my Naija ... shine your eyes. Wetting you dey find Na him you go get oh.
• SENEGAL : Dakar. City of police . Beggars too much, development to some levels like Europe. Good brands .
• SIERRA LEONE:teaching Job good pay andnyou will get Job instant. sweet Sweet fantasies Local Food no,they have all of Naija. Locals who are of Yoruba/Ibo and Hausas origine. Ecomog soldiers get plenty kids looking for their Papa,if you are one of them go back and claim your kids. Good place for you to start you life. With 500$ and someone who can buy goods for back home you can start Business Big time and make it.. ladies don’t ask for big money,Na Small Small bird dey entrer bush if you no take time .
• TOGO -: Lome for business cheap Cars but road full of bad cops,ladies-: go for working class and you good. Internet scam High and coded,clothes for Burkina/Niger and Naija.
• MAURITANIA -: wetin you dey fine,racist to the core.... airport official some get trousers patched. Nouakchott full of informants because Naija man has his pocket full of dollars fake or real. Teaching jobs for Islamic people ... good.

Street life #live here and you can Live anywhere in the world.
Tourism in west Africa Na die.
Egbami oh.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by MRAKBEE(m): 3:59pm On Jan 25, 2018
Philtrik:

You have no point here.
Can u state ur reasons please?
Re: What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? by lozanni(m): 4:03pm On Jan 25, 2018
seunny4lif:
Senegal ( 5 months) :
NB:
Don't be surprise when you see Europeans travelling with you inside the Bus o Oooh even within the city

Niger Rep (4 months):

Sierra Leone ( 3 weeks):
Dogg style

Guinea ( 4 days)
3K = 270K grin

Not much fun
Same like Nigeria

Togo (2 days )

Ghana ( Just 2 days)

Burkina Faso( 1 day)

Mali ( 3 days)
That's country is too big
Travelling within the country takes days
Haba

NB: About West Africa including Nigeria

Very good,and funny description of those West African countries. Are you a travel agent or diplomat?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Car Falls Off A Bridge In Ibadan, Lands On A Commercial Bus (Pics) / Train Cuts Off Woman's Leg At Urrata, Aba, Abia State (graphic Picture) / Shiroro Hydro Power Plant, Niger State In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.