Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,737 members, 7,824,086 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

71% Of Nigerian Muslims Desire Sharia Law Implemented All Over Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 71% Of Nigerian Muslims Desire Sharia Law Implemented All Over Nigeria (5325 Views)

71% Anambra People Are Poor, Says Igbuzor / Thousands Of Nigerian Muslims Hold Pro-Morsi Rally / Nigerian Muslims Visit Churches In Kano Today In Show Of Solidarity! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 71% Of Nigerian Muslims Desire Sharia Law Implemented All Over Nigeria by helperzz(m): 6:59pm On Apr 16, 2010
@mama-gee why people are scrutinizing the report you were busy attacking a group what exactly is your aim?
Re: 71% Of Nigerian Muslims Desire Sharia Law Implemented All Over Nigeria by Nobody: 7:21pm On Apr 16, 2010
NL is a popular haven for EXTREMISTS. Xenophobic-tribalist bigots with flair for anything anti-Hausa/Fulani or Muslims. Propagandist with no positive contribution but same ol' prejudiced rants.

Hopefully, the rational individuals on this forum would continue to assay to bring objectivity & fairness on board.
If you want to critique do so, but while at it, be honest, truthful and[b] fair[/b] i.e
Criticism only & only when due.
Verification of allegation before spewing hate-filled rhetoric.
Avoidance of ill-conceived generalization.

For the few good men on NL, esp. on this post, kudos to Sagamite for bearing witness to truth, honesty & objectivity.

N.B: HATE BLINDS, that's the reason the OP did not see the other part of the publication
Re: 71% Of Nigerian Muslims Desire Sharia Law Implemented All Over Nigeria by Nobody: 7:41pm On Apr 16, 2010
AIRDIG:

NL is a popular haven for EXTREMISTS. Xenophobic-tribalist bigots with flair for anything anti-Hausa/Fulani or Muslims. Propagandist with no positive contribution but same ol' prejudiced rants.

Hopefully, the rational individuals on this forum would continue to assay to bring objectivity & fairness on board.
If you want to critique do so, but while at it, be honest, truthful and[b] fair[/b] i.e
Criticism only & only when due.
Verification of allegation before spewing hate-filled rhetoric.
Avoidance of ill-conceived generalization.

For the few good men on NL, esp. on this post, kudos to Sagamite for bearing witness to truth, honesty & objectivity.

N.B: HATE BLINDS, the reason the OP did not see the other part of the publication

I do not support :

- Random people jumping into threads abusing Hausa and Fulani tribes

- Generalising the entire North as a backward ridden society

- Some of the most trustworthy, mild and intelligent people I have met are Hausa and Fulani people.

But I think we can safely say that there is nothing wrong in debating about institutions and certain ideologies, especially when one suspects some fishiness.

Therefore to associate certain debates with a particular phobia is bullying at the very worst and smacks of intimidation.

I have work colleagues in England, who laugh at the bible, Jesus Christ, and GOD . They make mockery of religion and yet we still get along, go for drinks together etc.

All I do is calmy state my points in an assertive but polite manner. We always have an ensuing debate and most times never agree, lol.

But animosity is NEVER NEVER involved. Thats called civilization.
Re: 71% Of Nigerian Muslims Desire Sharia Law Implemented All Over Nigeria by sjeezy8: 7:42pm On Apr 16, 2010
igbo boy:

confused jihadist

what are talking about you rat im a christian
Re: 71% Of Nigerian Muslims Desire Sharia Law Implemented All Over Nigeria by truly: 8:01pm On Apr 16, 2010
frosbel:

Why can people not make a point without calling someone they do not even know an idiot  undecided

Grow up people.

Really, truthfully?
frosbel:

So your prophet Isa ( Jesus ) was not a prince of peace but a vengeful killer, lol. ?

You also believe that he is the God of the bible since you tied his name to the OLD Testament even though he was revealed in New Testament in physical form.

And because the Quran cannot stand up to itself, it tries to concoct stories from the bible mixed with fables and wishful thinking to give credence to the foretelling of the coming of Muhammad. embarassed

Oh what confusion, what madness and what blindness.

May God open your eyes and lead you away from deception, lies, half-truths and ignorance.

And more
frosbel:

Topic by the brain dead, for the brain dead , of the brain dead. grin grin grin grin
Re: 71% Of Nigerian Muslims Desire Sharia Law Implemented All Over Nigeria by Nobody: 8:13pm On Apr 16, 2010
Posted by: truly
Insert Quote
Quote from: frosbel on Today at 12:06:10 AM
Why can people not make a point without calling someone they do not even know an idiot 

Grow up people.

Really, truthfully?

Lol. Oh to what depths you sink to potray LIES.   undecided

This comment was made by me when a fellow Nairalander called another an idiot for starting this thread.

I asked a question which was ' Why can people not make a point without calling someone they do not even know an idiot '. So I personally did not call anyone an idiot.

So your prophet Isa ( Jesus ) was not a prince of peace but a vengeful killer, lol. ?

You also believe that he is the God of the bible since you tied his name to the OLD Testament even though he was revealed in New Testament in physical form.

And because the Quran cannot stand up to itself, it tries to concoct stories from the bible mixed with fables and wishful thinking to give credence to the foretelling of the coming of Muhammad. 

Oh what confusion, what madness and what blindness.

May God open your eyes and lead you away from deception, lies, half-truths and ignorance.

Hmmmm, Typical , so we are now bringing debates from the religious section into the political section, lol. We now know who is a religious bigot !

Well since you brought this quote I made here , let me explain the context in which it was used.

My comment was in reply to  AIRDIG  for the comment he made in italics below

[b]Candidly speaking, it depends on which Jesus Christ you are talking about:
Besides, what's it with you & magic? uhm? Now, Jesus Christ is a Moslem's prophet, next he's not (of course when it suit him). Obviously, the Muslims do not believe in your Jesus= son = father = "ghost"

And talking about this equation in relation to your assertion above; I guess you got it bad, cos it's obvious you are into some form of deceit and slight of hand.

How dare you boast about your abracadabra-ish twist of "Jesus" peacefulness & non-culpability, for:
if Jesus= son = father = "ghost"

then he is the following and more: 
    * Jesus was the king of war (Deuteronomy 20.11, 18)
    * Jesus disciples killed for the faith ((Judges 15.16)
    * Jesus promoted persecution against the "infidels"(2 Kings 10.19.30)
    * Jesus was the taker of life (Judges 11.29, 39)
    *Jesus and his fellow warriors murdered thousands (Judges 1.2, 7).
    * Jesus’ method was COMPULSION (Luke 19.27)
    * Jesus is a hater of the physically impaired (Lame, deaf, Blind) (Leviticus (21:16,24)
    * Jesus practiced FORCE and uses evil spirit to torment people (1 Samuel 16:14)
    * Jesus was a WARRIOR (Exodus 15.3, Genesis 32.24)
    * Jesus said to the masses, "Convert or die!" (John 15:6)
    * Jesus is a slave master, preaches slavery; dont blame white europeans blame Jesus (Leviticus 25.44)
    * Jesus swift to shed blood (1Chronicles 13.9,10, Numbers 16.41,45)
    * Jesus preached "Death to the infidels!" (Deuteronomy 13.5,9)
[/b]

The same Jesus=Son of god=god who wrestled with Jacob all night & displaced his hip? a man of peace?
Abeg make I hear word & Pls, stop your phony lies!

[quote][/quote]
Re: 71% Of Nigerian Muslims Desire Sharia Law Implemented All Over Nigeria by Nobody: 8:17pm On Apr 16, 2010
Topic by the brain dead, for the brain dead , of the brain dead.

Yep thats me for sure in a joking mood at a poster who referred to Igbos as armed robbers, kidnappers, drug peddlers etc etc .

Or are we ? grin grin grin grin
Re: 71% Of Nigerian Muslims Desire Sharia Law Implemented All Over Nigeria by Kenezi: 8:28pm On Apr 16, 2010
frosbel, you know what you wrote about Jesus is grossly inaccurate no matter which angle you look at it, why bother?
Re: 71% Of Nigerian Muslims Desire Sharia Law Implemented All Over Nigeria by truly: 8:34pm On Apr 16, 2010
frosbel:

Yep thats me for sure in a joking mood at a poster who referred to Igbos as armed robbers, kidnappers, drug peddlers etc etc .

Or are we ? grin grin grin grin

My point is really that no matter the level of provocation
I try to get my point across without using offensive words
This place would be better if we all embraced that
I read both posts
and for the derogatory post about Ibos - sagamite had given an excellent response
Re: 71% Of Nigerian Muslims Desire Sharia Law Implemented All Over Nigeria by benabbey(m): 8:41pm On Apr 16, 2010
I am privileged to serve in the north there is nothing like sharia there. Sharia is a fluke. Majority of those that call themselves Muslim in the north are fake. But the lack of education for the masses of their people is a real problem. Sharia is for the poor like Jangedi not for Yerima who stole them dry. Not for Turaki. Friend northern are blind leading blind men they are all destiny to perish
Re: 71% Of Nigerian Muslims Desire Sharia Law Implemented All Over Nigeria by truly: 8:48pm On Apr 16, 2010
Kenezi:

It doesn't matter if 100% of Christians want "Bible" to be the law, because "Bible" is not a law nor does it have any legal system, code or leaning, unlike the sharia system. There is no comparison between the Bible and sharia law, so I didn't see the need to mention it.

Use your head.
You know this is sophistry!
Because the question is what do the christians who want Bible to be the law want
Certainly those 71% do not seek to act in vain
They simply must have something in their minds
As you advise, let me try and use my head
For instance - an end to polygamy?
Perhaps we cannot keep our beard
Or as muslims were forced to do in the past:
Convert to christianity, otherwise you will not go to school
And are still doing insiduously
Oh, muslim ladies cannot cover themselves up in those "annoying and dowdy overalls"
while nuns will be given special exemption

And besides, Latter Rain Asembly (forget the Save Nigeria ruse) has told us they want Nigeria to be governed by law of Christ

"We are a new society of persons unconditionally committed to the Lordship of Jesus Christ in every aspect of life and whatever it takes, we seek to exchange the values of the surrounding society and the world at large with the standards of God's Kingdom".

http://www.latterrainassembly.org/aboutus.html

Mind you, if a Muslim should dare say "whatever it takes", people would start screaming "Jihadists, extremists etc"
But here it is in black and white!
From a Christian organisation
Re: 71% Of Nigerian Muslims Desire Sharia Law Implemented All Over Nigeria by truly: 8:58pm On Apr 16, 2010
benabbey:

Majority of those that call themselves Muslim in the north are fake.
It is a privilege that you have taken a census and
majority(?) of christians are genuine - actually living their lives according to the laws of christ?
benabbey:

Sharia is for the poor like Jangedi not for Yerima who stole them dry.
And in the South most of the governors who left office in 2007 and charged to court are in jail now?
If you drive past a red light, will you go scot free
and can you procure a court order to stop EFCC or police from arresting you?
Like Ibori just did
in the South where whatever law you are practising is for ALL?
benabbey:

Friend northern are blind leading blind men they are all destiny to perish
So you are now a seer, friend and brother?
Why is it that christians tell me that the bible preach love
and all I see in Nigeria are christians
foretelling and praying for destruction of non-christains
and commanding death by fire!
And I would consider this post mild since benabbey is a personal development coach
Re: 71% Of Nigerian Muslims Desire Sharia Law Implemented All Over Nigeria by Chrisbenogor(m): 10:09pm On Apr 16, 2010
Abeg oh time out time out lol.
@4play and Sagamite
Men I dey dread una oh, shio una yabis dey pain person well well oh chei-sophistry, bigotry, calamity lol !
Re: 71% Of Nigerian Muslims Desire Sharia Law Implemented All Over Nigeria by Chrisbenogor(m): 10:10pm On Apr 16, 2010
Abeg oh time out time out lol.
@4play and Sagamite
Men I dey dread una oh, shio una yabis dey pain person well well oh chei-sophistry, bigotry, calamity lol !
Re: 71% Of Nigerian Muslims Desire Sharia Law Implemented All Over Nigeria by Nobody: 10:12pm On Apr 16, 2010
@mama gee.anytime i read a post, below i see ur comment even wen it is obvious dat u dont hav anytin meaningful to say.insultin muslims doesnt make u beta off because u sounded unintelligent.
Re: 71% Of Nigerian Muslims Desire Sharia Law Implemented All Over Nigeria by EzeUche(m): 10:21pm On Apr 16, 2010
Over my dead agnostic body! angry

Who do these people think they are. We ppl in the East are primarily Christian! Let the Yorubas deal with their own Muslim brothers in their midst.
Re: 71% Of Nigerian Muslims Desire Sharia Law Implemented All Over Nigeria by rasputinn(m): 11:38pm On Apr 16, 2010
Yea right,just as 100% of Nigerian Christians want christianity to be the sole religion,gimme a break
Re: 71% Of Nigerian Muslims Desire Sharia Law Implemented All Over Nigeria by chelseabmw(m): 1:01am On Apr 17, 2010
NIGERIAN NEEDS TO DIVIDE
Re: 71% Of Nigerian Muslims Desire Sharia Law Implemented All Over Nigeria by Ifebazz(m): 1:54am On Apr 17, 2010
violent:

It wouldn't make sense to put so much weight on the result of the said research, and the topic can be seen as misleading at its best.

The said group claimed to have done research and came to conclusion based on 25000 face to face interviews of people in sub Saharan Africa with data obtained from over 19 countries.

That will give a rough estimate of 1315 interviews per country.

Anybody with the basic knowledge of statistics will know that using 1315 observations out of 150million population parameters shouldn't be counted as a conclusive evidence that indeed 71% of Muslims in Nigeria desire Sharia Law
U must be a statistician! Cute inference though.
Re: 71% Of Nigerian Muslims Desire Sharia Law Implemented All Over Nigeria by cooldrumz: 3:10am On Apr 17, 2010
I'm not really surprised when most of them don't go to school and they love seeing one another amputated. This would just worsen the economic system of Nigeria because we could even have our own politicians amputate part of their bodies. Violence in any part of the world isn't the key to good economic growth, it is economic planning not "Sharia Law" PLEASE.
Re: 71% Of Nigerian Muslims Desire Sharia Law Implemented All Over Nigeria by Rmc1(m): 4:23am On Apr 17, 2010
Where is becomerich make e draw map for them grin
Re: 71% Of Nigerian Muslims Desire Sharia Law Implemented All Over Nigeria by igboboy1(m): 9:31am On Apr 17, 2010
sjeezy8:

what are talking about you rat im a christian

indeed u are, whenever it is convenient
Re: 71% Of Nigerian Muslims Desire Sharia Law Implemented All Over Nigeria by maclatunji: 10:15am On Apr 17, 2010
I can understand if the poster is biased or a bigot. But what about the admin. who put it on the front page. What is his motivation?
Re: 71% Of Nigerian Muslims Desire Sharia Law Implemented All Over Nigeria by babsmii(m): 10:24am On Apr 17, 2010
chelseabmw:

NIGERIAN NEEDS TO DIVIDE

i wonder why some people will not think on their own, use your head common, y are you being gadaffierian?? huh?
how will division solve an issue,
now it's time for med check, did you forget again or you need some therapeutic adult day care to help with your cognitive functioning skillzzz
start from your household, if you divide your household successfully them come back here and tell us how it went, dvmb fvck!!!
Re: 71% Of Nigerian Muslims Desire Sharia Law Implemented All Over Nigeria by godello: 12:21pm On Apr 17, 2010
Na God go punish them!!!!!
Re: 71% Of Nigerian Muslims Desire Sharia Law Implemented All Over Nigeria by truly: 2:02pm On Apr 17, 2010
EzeUche:

Over my dead agnostic body!  angry

Who do these people think they are. We ppl in the East are primarily Christian! Let the Yorubas deal with their own Muslim brothers in their midst.
Over your dead body indeed
Will the christians like Latter Rain Asembly) who want Nigeria to become a christian state succeed
cooldrumz:

I'm not really surprised when most of them don't go to school and they love seeing one another amputated. This would just worsen the economic system of Nigeria because we could even have our own politicians amputate part of their bodies. Violence in any part of the world isn't the key to good economic growth, it is economic planning not "Sharia Law" PLEASE.
And with the yahoo yahoo education of the "christians" economic growth is assured
But Bible law will dliver it as in the South East
igbo boy:

indeed u are, whenever it is convenient
Thou shall not judge!
godello:

Na God go punish them!!!!!
Who?
the muslims who want Sharia Law
or the Christians who want Bible law
Anyway How can I now believe in the concept of Christian love
and of course maybe you did not even read the report

Why must christians TWIST every issue
is that what the Bible teaches?
Re: 71% Of Nigerian Muslims Desire Sharia Law Implemented All Over Nigeria by Tattooboy: 1:18pm On Apr 18, 2010
71% Of Nigerian
Muslims Desire Sharia
Law Implemented All
Over Nigeria
part of Nigeria instead? Am part of the 30% dat dont give a damn about the law.
Re: 71% Of Nigerian Muslims Desire Sharia Law Implemented All Over Nigeria by Tattooboy: 1:18pm On Apr 18, 2010
71% Of Nigerian
Muslims Desire Sharia
Law Implemented All
Over Nigeria
part of Nigeria instead? Am part of the 30% dat dont give a damn about the law.
Re: 71% Of Nigerian Muslims Desire Sharia Law Implemented All Over Nigeria by dickson5: 10:51pm On Apr 18, 2010
The data is wrong ,all Hausa loves enjoyment(drinking, smoking and Fornicating),i should know i have been there. Ask them in sabo n Gari in kano
Re: 71% Of Nigerian Muslims Desire Sharia Law Implemented All Over Nigeria by eros(m): 5:47pm On Apr 19, 2010
Rubbish!!! A majority of the educated Hausa men love to get their groove on and not live in the stone age with sharia law
Re: 71% Of Nigerian Muslims Desire Sharia Law Implemented All Over Nigeria by Nobody: 11:08pm On Apr 20, 2010
sharia supersedes all these rubbish u people are discussing here
Re: 71% Of Nigerian Muslims Desire Sharia Law Implemented All Over Nigeria by Ruq: 11:04pm On Apr 27, 2010
This research is not complete Yoruba muslims Don't care like me i don't care what you think if you like worship STONE,MOON,IDOL, OR ANYTHING I DON'T CARE ITS YOUR PROBLEM THA'TS BETWEEN YOU AND GOD

SO NOT ALL MUSLIMS WANT SHARIA I MYSELF I HATE THE LAW

THE HAUSAS TOO HATE IT TO THEY ARE NOT JUST BOLD ENOUGH TO SAY IT CAN'T YOU SEE THE MALLAM'S I LAGOS HOW THEY SMOKE, FORNICATE WITH PROSTITUTES AND ALL SORT IF LAGOS WERE TO BE USING SHARIA AM SURE HASUSA'S WON'T BE HERE!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We Have Evil Plans Against Igbos : Junaid Muhammed / Does N.d.a Student Go For War? / Don't Laugh Alone. Very Funny But True Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.