Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,507 members, 7,819,838 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:12 AM

UNN Gave Me Animal Science - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNN Gave Me Animal Science (46314 Views)

Re: Is Animal Science A Good Course? (my Story) / Is Animal Science A Good Course?? / Please Between Biochemistry And Animal Science, Which Is More Lucrative? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNN Gave Me Animal Science by Enemyofpeace: 12:13pm On Jan 27, 2018
Instead of wasting your time studying animal science it's better you go to the abattoir and learn how to slaughter cows,it will only take you few months to graduate and its less expensive

2 Likes

Re: UNN Gave Me Animal Science by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jan 27, 2018
so sorry about this but something similarly happened to my bro at uniben 2years ago.... decided to take it but later was advised by a grad student of the course not to pursue it as its always hard to try and switch to medical later... my brother hit a 269 in jamb and had above the required pume cut off but this is how things happen this day... he took jamb the next year in unilorin and was accepted immediately..my advice if you trust yourself very well and understand the school system is OK In such a circumstance then take it but if u no you can't fight for it I will advice it to defer your admission ,it's brutal but if you are adorable. adamant on med.surg. then go all the way for it like my brother did.... he also went for medical. surgery and was given this course it was why I had to comment.. good luck

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNN Gave Me Animal Science by einsteine(m): 12:17pm On Jan 27, 2018
Fifthwave:
It is sad that in 2018, such courses are still offered in Nigerian Universities. A course like Animal Science have no relevance.

This is pure academic hairsplitting. I wonder what Zoology curriculum entails that it can not be merged with the Animal Science curriculum to give practicable relevance. Please, do not accept such a 'curse', prepare for the next Jamb exams.

Animal Science is not Zoology. It is also extremely stupid of you to say it has no relevance.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNN Gave Me Animal Science by Trex4(m): 12:18pm On Jan 27, 2018
Stevengerd:
Trex4 How many years u don use for house?
Just A Year
Re: UNN Gave Me Animal Science by Pascal181: 12:18pm On Jan 27, 2018
Take d course and give ur best dude.there's no bad or inferior course in university

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNN Gave Me Animal Science by einsteine(m): 12:18pm On Jan 27, 2018
Fifthwave:
It is sad that in 2018, such courses are still offered in Nigerian Universities. A course like Animal Science have no relevance.

This is pure academic hairsplitting. I wonder what Zoology curriculum entails that it can not be merged with the Animal Science curriculum to give practicable relevance. Please, do not accept such a 'curse', prepare for the next Jamb exams.

Double post.

1 Like

Re: UNN Gave Me Animal Science by Trex4(m): 12:20pm On Jan 27, 2018
Piercy:
so sorry about this but something similarly happened to my bro at uniben 2years ago.... decided to take it but later was advised by a grad student of the course not to pursue it as its always hard to try and switch to medical later... my brother hit a 269 in jamb and had above the required pume cut off but this is how things happen this day... he took jamb the next year in unilorin and was accepted immediately..my advice if you trust yourself very well and understand the school system is OK In such a circumstance then take it but if u no you can't fight for it I will advice it to defer your admission ,it's brutal but if you are adorable. adamant on med.surg. then go all the way for it like my brother did.... he also went for medical. surgery and was given this course it was why I had to comment.. good luck
Thanks For The Advice Friend

1 Like

Re: UNN Gave Me Animal Science by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jan 27, 2018
Trex4:
Thanks For The Advice Friend
Good luck to you In your endeavor.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNN Gave Me Animal Science by Stevengerd(m): 12:29pm On Jan 27, 2018
Trex4:
Just A Year
Why not accept it and take another jamb dis year

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNN Gave Me Animal Science by Trex4(m): 12:43pm On Jan 27, 2018
FrancisDozie:

Did you say the course they gave you @ Op?

Are you ashamed of yourself?

Shifting the blame for not getting the cut - off mark for Med and Surg to the University?

Is the course your score was able to get you.

Quit wailing or better still reject it.

Write JAMB again this 2018.

Score 400 in JAMB and same in POST - UME.

Nobody will give you Animal Science as a course then.
Dear Francis....Thanks For Your Advice.I Got 252 In Jamb And 243 N Post Utme....Should That Make Me Ashamed?I Never Complained About It Or Wailed But My Classmate That Got 207 Got Pharmacy (But He's From Enugu)When I Was N School My Score Was One Of The Highest N School.Only Few People Got Scores Higher Than Me.But Today People That I Was Supposedly Better Than Have Gotten Admission And I Haven't. With All This Judge If I'm Dull Or Not.....It Seems You're Very Intelligent And Bright But Please Don't Judge Me Because Of My Situation wink wink smiley smiley.

Thanks And God Bless
Trex4
Re: UNN Gave Me Animal Science by Trex4(m): 12:44pm On Jan 27, 2018
Stevengerd:
Why not accept it and take another jamb dis year
I Will Thanks 4 d' Advice
Re: UNN Gave Me Animal Science by olayinkajnr(m): 12:49pm On Jan 27, 2018
Nutase:
Please accept it. Course of study is not relevant in the Nigerian labour market.

And are you limiting his career progression to Nigeria alone?

2 Likes

Re: UNN Gave Me Animal Science by King79: 12:52pm On Jan 27, 2018
It's a no go area bro, at the end of the day you would be awarded HND instead of Degree so take note.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNN Gave Me Animal Science by Qsscruz(m): 12:54pm On Jan 27, 2018
Trex4:
Animal Science.......From Med Surg To Animal Science...Guys Please Advice Me Should I Accept It? How Good Is It? Can I Switch To My Preferred Course After? Unn Experts Please Help A Brother.

Thanks N God Bless.... wink
You should accept the course and then focus on getting a high GP, so that you could be able to change to your desired course. Don't hid the advice of not accepting it. Staying at home may not produce a positive effect .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNN Gave Me Animal Science by unilagsforum(m): 12:56pm On Jan 27, 2018
Trex4:
Animal Science.......From Med Surg To Animal Science...Guys Please Advice Me Should I Accept It? How Good Is It? Can I Switch To My Preferred Course After? Unn Experts Please Help A Brother.

Accept it but buy another jamb form

1 Like

Re: UNN Gave Me Animal Science by begwong: 12:57pm On Jan 27, 2018
Deckline:

Animal husbandry working in the bank?! That bank must be ABN(Animal bank of Nairaland) no be my country you go see job.
Nna I have seen a medical lab scientist and arabician working in the bank, �✔

1 Like

Re: UNN Gave Me Animal Science by Psoul(m): 1:05pm On Jan 27, 2018
Trex4:

You will be following those Fulani Herdsmen around treating their cows. Buhari might even employ u to his farm. You are so lucky

1 Like

Re: UNN Gave Me Animal Science by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jan 27, 2018
Trex4:
Dear Francis....Thanks For Your Advice.I Got 252 In Jamb And 243 N Post Utme....Should That Make Me Ashamed?I Never Complained About It Or Wailed But My Classmate That Got 207 Got Pharmacy (But He's From Enugu)When I Was N School My Score Was One Of The Highest N School.Only Few People Got Scores Higher Than Me.But Today People That I Was Supposedly Better Than Have Gotten Admission And I Haven't. With All This Judge If I'm Dull Or Not.....It Seems You're Very Intelligent And Bright But Please Don't Judge Me Because Of My Situation wink wink smiley smiley.

Thanks And God Bless
Trex4

What happened in secondary school stays there bro.
You don't make argument with it again.
Your friend from Enugu got Pharmacy with 207.
You didn't tell us your state while pointing that of your friend out?
The five states in the south east always have a high cut off mark when the course Medicine is concerned.

Again, the brainy student of my class in the university are still searching for work from 2012 till date, yet some people that had extra years before graduating are already working.

Your aggregate is 247.5 which is very low for a course like Medicine

Please, remind me the cut off again.

Enugu - 304 for Medicine.

Anambra - 299 for Medicine.

I had a family relative who scored 297 on the average for Medicine from Anambra state, mind you she didn't get it either.

if you trust yourself well, accept the Animal Science, study very hard so your grades will be A's all through.

After first year,you change to the course you desire.

1 Like

Re: UNN Gave Me Animal Science by Joshuaoseoboh(m): 1:09pm On Jan 27, 2018
ACCEPT IT, READ HARD, GET FIRST CLASS AND BE RETAINED AS A LECTURER. Sadly that's HOW IT WORKS IN THIS COUNTRY.
Re: UNN Gave Me Animal Science by Jfactor(m): 1:15pm On Jan 27, 2018
Accept my guy, that na the OIL for the future... Agriculture and Many Many Donors Programmes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNN Gave Me Animal Science by mauricejude(m): 1:17pm On Jan 27, 2018
I advice u take up the course.... make sure u do well to come out with a good GP at de end of ur 100level, den u can apply direct to change ur course to that ur preferred course of study.... best any way...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNN Gave Me Animal Science by Agbalanze(m): 1:23pm On Jan 27, 2018
Pls go for Med lab if you can't get Med.surg, which one be animal science kwa??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNN Gave Me Animal Science by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jan 27, 2018
Trex4:

A very nice course.

1 Like

Re: UNN Gave Me Animal Science by dukeprince50: 2:01pm On Jan 27, 2018
khristal87:

I applied for biochemistry, i ws offered animal production. I love the course, i ve learnt a lot too. Its interesting and totally different from vet medicine although the two courses look similar. It is divided into, animal production, reproductive physiology, feed formulation, animal breeding and genetics, animal nutrition, all these areas re interesting. I studied animal breeding and genetics at m.sc level.....and u knw genetics is a very broad course wch cuts across medicine, agriculture and biological sciences.. We hve numerious areas like, nutritional genomics, pharmacogenomics, mutagenesis, statistical genetics, population genetics, cloning, some many areas, if u eant me to enlighten you more let me know....look at all this areas, is animal science not a very interesting field? Some of my undergraduate friends who studied biochem, microbiology and biological sciences later wished they studied animal production seeing d opportunities in this area.. But the course is a bit expensive because of project practicals. God bless you as u make the right choice.
though I applied for medicine Wen I was looking for admission 2014 but currently studying crop/soil, but believe me if I wish to switch to another course, it won't be medicine, law or engineering, it will be animal science, my lecturers have their own farm, man they are fucking rich, even with recession those guys are buying cars like they don't care

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNN Gave Me Animal Science by dukeprince50: 2:05pm On Jan 27, 2018
Agbalanze:
Pls go for Med lab if you can't get Med.surg, which one be animal science kwa??
animal sc is a better course compared to medicine, that is if you like money and want to fatten your purse, but if you are OK with what you earn, then medicine is a better course. agric teaches you business not just cutting grass

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNN Gave Me Animal Science by Deckline(m): 2:18pm On Jan 27, 2018
dukeprince50:
animal sc is a better course compared to medicine, that is if you like money and want to fatten your purse, but if you are OK with what you earn, then medicine is a better course. agric teaches you business not just cutting grass
What is this one saying?? Go and play with sand if you have nothing sensible to say.

1 Like

Re: UNN Gave Me Animal Science by Izublingz64: 2:21pm On Jan 27, 2018
grin
Sheriffusoro:
It's a good course take it,you might be the next super hero....animal man��
grin
Sheriffusoro:
It's a good course take it,you might be the next super hero....animal man��

1 Like

Re: UNN Gave Me Animal Science by dukeprince50: 2:27pm On Jan 27, 2018
Deckline:

What is this one saying?? Go and play with sand if you have nothing sensible to say.
bring the most influential doctor and bring the most influential farmer and tell me who is richer, a fishpond of 50000 fishes can give you 1m monthly, a poultry house of 12thousand birds can give you 1m monthly, the capital is just the problem, if you study agric, you will understand what I mean, a start up capital of 5m can give you 2m in a year In my school, the richest undergraduate is arguably from animal sc, he has 2fishfarms and two snailery. Agric is not a bad course, you hardly find an agriculturist looking for job. They know how to make the cash.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNN Gave Me Animal Science by ustavo(m): 2:36pm On Jan 27, 2018
Most of the people giving advice here have not gotten admission as well.
Accept the course and do it for a year, if you don't like it rewrite jamb.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNN Gave Me Animal Science by nwaimoroseyaho: 2:48pm On Jan 27, 2018
bros pls don't accept DAT course. Its almost the same amount you're going to spend. study a course that will m make u independent

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNN Gave Me Animal Science by flairlady(f): 2:56pm On Jan 27, 2018
In Nigeria,there are only two courses:Medicine and the others.Yours belongs to the others,and course of study does not matter in the Nigerian Labour market.But if you really want to do medicine,you can write another UTME.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNN Gave Me Animal Science by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jan 27, 2018
Well go for the course and as someone said try nd get a high GP in first year and then apply for change if course
You can also buy jamb form in order to be on the safe side!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

18 Pictures Every Nigerian Who Has Done Waec Will Relate To.. / ASUU And FG Sign Agreement To Call Off Strike - TVC News / JAMB Twitter Handler's Grammatical Blunder Got People Talking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.