Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,527 members, 7,826,979 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

UNN Gave Me Animal Science - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNN Gave Me Animal Science (46340 Views)

Re: Is Animal Science A Good Course? (my Story) / Is Animal Science A Good Course?? / Please Between Biochemistry And Animal Science, Which Is More Lucrative? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNN Gave Me Animal Science by arinzos(m): 8:47am On Jan 28, 2018
Fifthwave:

But not everyone knows the way.
Find the way or ask those that changed sucessful.
Re: UNN Gave Me Animal Science by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 9:44am On Jan 28, 2018
Fifthwave:

First you say, "The course is a nice course." Then you said; "I knew someone that was successful in that discipline." then again; "He bagged a Phd in it."
With these premises, aren't you practically telling the OP; accept it, you will be successful, you can even bag a PhD.

So, was my assumption that you were encouraging him to accept the course from your premises wrong? No.
Now you can stop mentioning me.
You are the one assuming. Yes, Animal Science is a nice course just like any other course if you use your brain. Your certificate needs to be questioned because, you lack deductive reasoning. May I let you know that the guys that earn most in Nigeria aren't doctors, but engineers/IT experts. This is a fact, get that into your thick skull.
Re: UNN Gave Me Animal Science by Qsscruz(m): 9:53am On Jan 28, 2018
Fifthwave:

A high GPA in 100l does not guarantee you a change of course.
You may be right if you are referring to other universities but at UNN, it does. Though you would need to offer additional courses same with the department you wish to change to .
Re: UNN Gave Me Animal Science by Fifthwave(f): 9:54am On Jan 28, 2018
Gaddafithe2nd:

You are the one assuming. Yes, Animal Science is a nice course just like any other course if you use your brain. Your certificate needs to be questioned because, you lack deductive reasoning. May I let you know that the guys that earn most in Nigeria aren't doctors, but engineers/IT experts. This is a fact, get that into your thick skull.

Again, another flawed reasoning. Do you think everyone's career prospect is limited in the Nigerian space?
Are you saying it's a must to practice the said Medicine in Nigeria?

Now whose certificate should be questioned?
You're very swift in making uninformed comparisons and conclusions.
Re: UNN Gave Me Animal Science by Fifthwave(f): 9:56am On Jan 28, 2018
Qsscruz:
You may be right if you are referring to other universities but at UNN, it does. Though you would need to offer additional courses same with the department you wish to change to .
This same UNN, where someone with a GP as low as 3.5 can change to Medicine, while someone with as high as 4.4 will still be denied?
Please get your facts right. The percentage that actually change successfully without "IM" is very negligible.
Re: UNN Gave Me Animal Science by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 10:08am On Jan 28, 2018
Fifthwave:

Again, another flawed reasoning. Do you think everyone's career prospect is limited in the Nigerian space?
Are you saying it's a must to practice the said Medicine in Nigeria?

Now whose certificate should be questioned?
You're very swift in making uninformed comparisons and conclusions.
As long as Nigeria is concerned, that is the status quo. For your info, not everyone would leave this country for economic migration/greener pastures.
Get rid of néocolonialism from your brain. Study Medicine and Surgery or anything as long as you aren't making money, your education is a waste. Lastly, don't rubbish any discipline.
Re: UNN Gave Me Animal Science by arinzos(m): 10:12am On Jan 28, 2018
Fifthwave:

This same UNN, where someone with a GP as low as 3.5 can change to Medicine, while someone with as high as 4.4 will still be denied?
Please get your facts right. The percentage that actually change successfully without "IM" is very negligible.
"IM" is normal.So you expect them to accept you to the dept with a high GP just like that.If high GP is the only criterion to change,some dept will be empty.
Re: UNN Gave Me Animal Science by Fifthwave(f): 10:17am On Jan 28, 2018
Gaddafithe2nd:

As long as Nigeria is concerned, that is the status quo. For your info, not everyone would leave this country for economic migration/greener pastures.
Get rid of néocolonialism from your brain. Study Medicine and Surgery or anything as long as you aren't making money, your education is a waste. Lastly, don't rubbish any discipline.

So practising a noble profession like Medicine or (probably) rendering other services in say the academia in another country other than yours is your definition of neocolonialism?
And you want to question my certificate? Yours should be properly investigated.
Re: UNN Gave Me Animal Science by Fifthwave(f): 10:21am On Jan 28, 2018
arinzos:

"IM" is normal.So you expect them to accept you to the dept with a high GP just like that.If high GP is the only criterion to change,some dept will be empty.

Which is why his best bet is to study hard for the next Jamb and score very high.
Mind you, change of course in UNN is now N50,000. Tell me, what is the guarantee that he would be accepted if he applies? Would you refund his money?
Re: UNN Gave Me Animal Science by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 10:27am On Jan 28, 2018
Fifthwave:

So practising a noble profession like Medicine or (probably) rendering other services in say the academia in another country other than yours is your definition of neocolonialism?
And you want to question my certificate? Yours should be properly investigated.
You are suffering from NPD (Narcissistic Personality Disorder). Do you skim when reading? Can't you read where I said, "not everyone". This guy you are a shame to your school. What course did you study? Be sincere.
Re: UNN Gave Me Animal Science by Fifthwave(f): 10:39am On Jan 28, 2018
Gaddafithe2nd:

You are suffering from NPD (Narcissistic Personality Disorder). Do you skim when reading? Can't you read where I said, "not everyone". This guy you are a shame to your school. What course did you study? Be sincere.

You have artfully ignored your ignorant comment about neocolonialism by presenting a caveat to your early comment; "not everyone would leave the country...". Which means some would leave, so those who leave are suffering from Neocolonialism. Right?

P.S: I am not narcissistic. You my friend, have exhibited all traits of a raging narcissist.
Re: UNN Gave Me Animal Science by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 10:52am On Jan 28, 2018
Fifthwave:

You have artfully ignored your ignorant comment about neocolonialism by presenting a caveat to your early comment; "not everyone would leave the country...". Which means some would leave, so those who leave are suffering from Neocolonialism. Right?

P.S: I am not narcissistic. You my friend, have exhibited all traits of a raging narcissist.
You have been laying emphasis on travelling overseas as if that is the only thing in life. I repeat, If you think leaving the country is the only solution in your life, you are suffering from Neocolonialism (aka kolomentality). Get that into your head.
Lest I forget, you are yet to tell me the course you studied/studying in school. Don't hide it, if you are proud of it.
Re: UNN Gave Me Animal Science by Axiwaju(m): 11:01am On Jan 28, 2018
khristal87:

I wonder y people give advise on issues they know nothing abt. U shud ve jst kept mute instead of spilling rubish.
He's Very Right! Such A 'Course' Is A 'Curse'

1 Like

Re: UNN Gave Me Animal Science by Fifthwave(f): 11:02am On Jan 28, 2018
Gaddafithe2nd:

You have been laying emphasis on travelling overseas as if that is the only thing in life. I repeat, If you think leaving the country is the only solution in your life, you are suffering from Neocolonialism (aka kolomentality). Get that into your head.
Lest I forget, you are yet to tell me the course you studied/studying in school. Don't hide it, if you are proud of it.

This is it, you've run out of what to say. Now you've resorted to name calling; "kolomentality".
The truth hurts. I have given my honest opinion to the OP like the others gave theirs, but you chose to mention mine because it was laced with the bitter truth of reality.
Since you no longer have what to say, you may quit mentioning me now.
Re: UNN Gave Me Animal Science by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 11:22am On Jan 28, 2018
Fifthwave:

This is it, you've run out of what to say. Now you've resorted to name calling; "kolomentality".
The truth hurts. I have given my honest opinion to the OP like the others gave theirs, but you chose to mention mine because it was laced with the bitter truth of reality.
Since you no longer have what to say, you may quit mentioning me now.
What truth are you saying? You spewed rubbish from the beginning of this thread.
Mr. man I know you studied a course that isn't popular in the society, but you use you mouth to debase other discipline. Many people have educated you on this thread, you still proved headstrong as if you know more than the people in that discipline.
If you are proud of the course you studied/studying in school, be proud of it and tell us. Stop beating around the bush.
As for the OP I have told him what to do, it is either he accepts the course or get another Jamb form.
Re: UNN Gave Me Animal Science by Fifthwave(f): 1:25pm On Jan 28, 2018
Gaddafithe2nd:

What truth are you saying? You spewed rubbish from the beginning of this thread.
Mr. man I know you studied a course that isn't popular in the society, but you use you mouth to debase other discipline. Many people have educated you on this thread, you still proved headstrong as if you know more than the people in that discipline.
If you are proud of the course you studied/studying in school, be proud of it and tell us. Stop beating around the bush.
As for the OP I have told him what to do, it is either he accepts the course or get another Jamb form.

So you do agree that there are courses that are not popular in the society? Haha, see you've just shot yourself.
And is it that you were blinded by your narcissistic tendencies that you did not see where I told him to pick another Jamb form? of course... after telling him how useless a course like Animal Science is which is currently being taught with an obsolete curriculum.
You just love to pick a sentence and try to sound intelligent by responding, but you keep exposing you ignorance and poor attention to detail.
You desperately want to have the last say, but I won't let you.
And you're trying so hard to find out what I studied, I won't fall for such gimmicks! grin
Re: UNN Gave Me Animal Science by einsteine(m): 2:18pm On Jan 28, 2018
Fifthwave:

And you're very stupid not to read the part where I suggested a merging of curriculum for practicable relevance.

You are exhibiting even more stupidity. Nowhere in the world are both curricula merged. Animal Science is an agricultural discipline, zoology is not. That you fail to understand that is a testament to your aforementioned stupidity.
Re: UNN Gave Me Animal Science by Fifthwave(f): 2:28pm On Jan 28, 2018
einsteine:

You are exhibiting even more stupidity. Nowhere in the world are both curricula merged. Animal Science is an agricultural discipline, zoology is not. That you fail to understand that is a testament to your aforementioned stupidity.

Now, where would you place a course like "Bioinformatics"? isn't that more like a cross disciplinary field? Sort of a merger of Biological Sciences and Computing.

Can you see your stupidity being exposed?

Do we not have Disciplines like Agric and Bioresources Engineering? Which cuts across Agricultural Sciences and Engineering which is domiciled in the Faculty of Engineering.

So, shut up and run along.
Re: UNN Gave Me Animal Science by einsteine(m): 2:44pm On Jan 28, 2018
Fifthwave:

Now, where would you place a course like "Bioinformatics"? isn't that more like a cross disciplinary field? Sort of a merger of Biological Sciences and Computing.

Can you see your stupidity being exposed?

Do we not have Disciplines like Agric and Bioresources Engineering? Which cuts across Agricultural Sciences and Engineering which is domiciled in the Faculty of Engineering.

So, shut up and run along.

You are the one being stupid. Go to Cornell University, an Ivy League school and see that they have separate courses for Animal Sciences which studies the husbandry of farm animals and associated products and Animal Biology which simply studies the science and physiology of animals in general. If you still don't understand why the courses have to be separate, then your case is a lost case and I would rather watch paint dry than respond to you again.
Re: UNN Gave Me Animal Science by Fifthwave(f): 2:50pm On Jan 28, 2018
einsteine:

You are the one being stupid. Go to Cornell University, an Ivy League school and see that they have separate courses for Animal Sciences which studies the husbandry of farm animals and associated products and Animal Biology which simply studies the science and physiology of animals in general. If you still don't understand why the courses have to be separate, then your case is a lost case and I would rather watch paint dry than respond to you again.

We are talking about UNN here, not Cornell University.
Good luck on watching paint dry.
Re: UNN Gave Me Animal Science by Aladeintl: 2:17pm On Jan 29, 2018
Fifthwave:

Come again?

Did you just say Animal science deals with domestic animals and Zoology deals wild animals?
This says a lot about your education. Your certificate should grace the table of an 'akara' seller.
Check through the TL, I now knew you are a strong daft who is spewing rubbish. Hate or like, animal science deals with domestic animal and by domestic animal I am refering to farm animal. In Animal Science, we studied production, physiology, physcology, biology, nutrition and health of our animals. It is closely related vet medicine but not it.
The course is being in every country of the world.
So, if your school is sub-standard, let us know.
Re: UNN Gave Me Animal Science by Fifthwave(f): 3:43pm On Jan 29, 2018
Aladeintl:

Check through the TL, I now knew you are a strong daft who is spewing rubbish. Hate or like, animal science deals with domestic animal and by domestic animal I am refering to farm animal. In Animal Science, we studied production, physiology, physcology, biology, nutrition and health of our animals. It is closely related vet medicine but not it.

Your dumber than I thought.
Re: UNN Gave Me Animal Science by Fifthwave(f): 3:54pm On Jan 29, 2018
Aladeintl:

If you measure standard using Animal Science dept in UNN, then shame on you.
Re: UNN Gave Me Animal Science by nelszx: 12:42pm On Jan 30, 2018
begwong:

Nna I have seen a medical lab scientist and arabician working in the bank, �✔

In banks
Most likely a science lab technologist (SLT). Any MLS who wishes to work in a bank can only function in her health facility.
Re: UNN Gave Me Animal Science by Oyemi24(m): 12:37am On Mar 14, 2018
MidNightHunter:

On merit it was 304.6 !!! But states also has Thiers which is usually lower,but still on the "merit mark"

You jamb score constitutes 60℅ (0.6× ur jamb score ) & ur postutme score is 40℅ (0.4 × utme score) .Any figure u gets in the two exams, u sum them up....that's ur score average.....

Hope it helps ..

U got any idea on the cut off for dentistry bruh
Re: UNN Gave Me Animal Science by Nobody: 7:30am On Mar 14, 2018
Oyemi24:

U got any idea on the cut off for dentistry bruh
Not actually bro.....but one thing is certain ;
Dentistry & dental surgery is NOT VERY competitive in Unn, in Nigeria as a whole self..
People actually lacks awareness on what the course is all about....hence,low applications ..
My candid advice ?....sir,go 4 it ! Just go 4 it if that's what u ACTUALLY wants...
I guess u wrote jamb,what's up with ur score ?

Good morning......

1 Like

Re: UNN Gave Me Animal Science by Oyemi24(m): 9:31pm On Mar 21, 2018

Not actually bro.....but one thing is certain ;
Dentistry & dental surgery is NOT VERY competitive in Unn, in Nigeria as a whole self..
People actually lacks awareness on what the course is all about....hence,low applications ..
My candid advice ?....sir,go 4 it ! Just go 4 it if that's what u ACTUALLY wants...
I guess u wrote jamb,what's up with ur score ?

Good morning......
Re: UNN Gave Me Animal Science by holuwasheyiWGP(m): 12:45pm On Dec 23, 2020
Heyy bro, I need your mentoring on cryto investment. Can you give me your number?
I read your comment on the redpill group
Re: UNN Gave Me Animal Science by Kayeez(m): 2:49pm On Dec 23, 2020
It's a very good course

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nnpc/total E&P 2016/17 Undergraduate Scholarship / ASUU And FG Sign Agreement To Call Off Strike - TVC News / JAMB Twitter Handler's Grammatical Blunder Got People Talking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.