Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,594 members, 7,809,155 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:43 AM

For Those Who Think Hell Is An Empty Threat From The Bible! - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / For Those Who Think Hell Is An Empty Threat From The Bible! (23886 Views)

Priest Patrick Asomugha Leaves German Church After Receiving Death Threat / What Goes To Heaven Or Hell, Is It Body,soul Or Spirit. / Daddy Freeze Blasts Leke Adeboye Over 'RCCG Is A Threat To Islam' Post (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Those Who Think Hell Is An Empty Threat From The Bible! by Liard(m): 11:23am On Jan 28, 2018
Edelweiss44:

For your information, I don't worship God "because he will torture me for all eternity if I don't ", I worship him because HE IS GOD AND THE ONLY REASON WHY WE HUMANS WERE CREATED IS TO WORSHIP HIM. I worship him because he has shown me too much love and compassion through Christ even when I was born and living in sin. I worship him because it is the height of foolishness to not acknowledge and worship my maker who created me for that reason.

Your question sounds very intelligible to you, but I can't see any iota of brilliance in it cos it's just like a 2 year-old asking me if the reason I haven't killed my parents and all family members is because I don't want to go to jail and suffer there. Even if there was no prison, I would still love my family because they are where I came from. Even if there was no law against murder, I still would not kill my parents simply because I love them and they are where I came from. Even if there was no hell, I would still worship God. But just as there is a prison for people who break the laws here on earth, there is also a "prison" called hell for people who decide to willingly break God's laws. The difference is when you get into prison here on earth, there is hope you may come out someday after some years, but when you get into God's prison called hell, there is no hope for eternity.

Lastly, GOD DOESN'T THROW PEOPLE INTO HELL. IT IS PEOPLE'S DECISION TO REJECT GOD'S SOLUTION TO SIN (Which is Christ) THAT CONDEMNS THEM TO HELL. John 3:18 "He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. "

It is the same way judges do not throw people into prison, but rather people's crimes are what sends them to prison because justice must have its way. God is a God of love and mercy, but also a God of justice. Justice means REWARD "RIGHTEOUSNESS " AND PUNISH "EVIL". If God decides not to allow sinners go to hell, then he has contradicted his nature of justice. The Good news we preach is that THE DEMANDS OF JUSTICE HAVE BEEN MET FOR ANY WHO IS IN CHRIST, BECAUSE JESUS HAS PAID THE PRICE FOR SIN OF EVERYONE WHO COMES TO HIM!

So if I'm not Christian and/or I don't believe in Christ, then I'm condemned to hell? Yet this is the same God that created everything on earth?

If you believe what you wrote then you don't know a thing about love my brother. See the way you are quick to tell us the meaning of Justice, bro reality check from your definition you deserve no better than he'll as well because you have darkness and bitterness in your heart.

My advice to you is to read the gospel of Christ again and again pray for understanding and May be love will find it's way to your heart, until then desist from talking about Christianity because you are quite ignorant and dangerous.

5 Likes

Re: For Those Who Think Hell Is An Empty Threat From The Bible! by Liard(m): 11:23am On Jan 28, 2018
Edelweiss44:

For your information, I don't worship God "because he will torture me for all eternity if I don't ", I worship him because HE IS GOD AND THE ONLY REASON WHY WE HUMANS WERE CREATED IS TO WORSHIP HIM. I worship him because he has shown me too much love and compassion through Christ even when I was born and living in sin. I worship him because it is the height of foolishness to not acknowledge and worship my maker who created me for that reason.

Your question sounds very intelligible to you, but I can't see any iota of brilliance in it cos it's just like a 2 year-old asking me if the reason I haven't killed my parents and all family members is because I don't want to go to jail and suffer there. Even if there was no prison, I would still love my family because they are where I came from. Even if there was no law against murder, I still would not kill my parents simply because I love them and they are where I came from. Even if there was no hell, I would still worship God. But just as there is a prison for people who break the laws here on earth, there is also a "prison" called hell for people who decide to willingly break God's laws. The difference is when you get into prison here on earth, there is hope you may come out someday after some years, but when you get into God's prison called hell, there is no hope for eternity.

Lastly, GOD DOESN'T THROW PEOPLE INTO HELL. IT IS PEOPLE'S DECISION TO REJECT GOD'S SOLUTION TO SIN (Which is Christ) THAT CONDEMNS THEM TO HELL. John 3:18 "He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. "

It is the same way judges do not throw people into prison, but rather people's crimes are what sends them to prison because justice must have its way. God is a God of love and mercy, but also a God of justice. Justice means REWARD "RIGHTEOUSNESS " AND PUNISH "EVIL". If God decides not to allow sinners go to hell, then he has contradicted his nature of justice. The Good news we preach is that THE DEMANDS OF JUSTICE HAVE BEEN MET FOR ANY WHO IS IN CHRIST, BECAUSE JESUS HAS PAID THE PRICE FOR SIN OF EVERYONE WHO COMES TO HIM!

So if I'm not Christian and/or I don't believe in Christ, then I'm condemned to hell? Yet this is the same God that created everything on earth?

If you believe what you wrote then you don't know a thing about love my brother. See the way you are quick to tell us the meaning of Justice, bro reality check from your definition you deserve no better than hell as well because you have darkness and bitterness in your heart.

My advice to you is to read the gospel of Christ again and again pray for understanding and May be love will find it's way to your heart, until then desist from talking about Christianity because you are quite ignorant and dangerous.
Re: For Those Who Think Hell Is An Empty Threat From The Bible! by Obalende: 11:23am On Jan 28, 2018
bedspread:
You Believe or You Font Believe, Hell Fire is Real... Those who will Die Without JESUS CHRIST today will confirm it...

Let's not wait to confirm it.... Let's Repent and Accept JESUS CHRIST
Yes indeed!!! Heaven is available to all. All it takes to avoid hell is confess with ur mouth and believe in thine heart that Jesus Christ who has come in the flesh is the Son of God.
Re: For Those Who Think Hell Is An Empty Threat From The Bible! by Omudia11: 11:31am On Jan 28, 2018
The op just laid emphasis on not jumping into conclusions. The bolded is a fat lie.

People from all walks of life including Muslims, Hindus,
Buddhists, confuscians, pagans, atheists etc have all had experiences of he'll and heaven and have come forward to share their testimonies.

There is a video of a Catholic priest on YouTube who allegedly Does, went to he'll and was brought back too.
Obalende:
Pls note I'm not trying to discourage ppl from repenting and accepting Christ. It's just that I for one don't want to live in terror and horror of hell.... It's just not a way to live. I believe he'll is for d glory of God....

Also only pentecostalism has all these visions of hell. Why are Anglicans not emphasizing that?

1 Like

Re: For Those Who Think Hell Is An Empty Threat From The Bible! by Ellegacy(m): 11:40am On Jan 28, 2018
Ever heard of Lazarus syndrome? Google it!!

It might be true he actually died but it can't be disputed in science..
Re: For Those Who Think Hell Is An Empty Threat From The Bible! by basketballman: 11:42am On Jan 28, 2018
Edelweiss44:

Intelligence tells you to examine things first before you decide on them! Intelligence tells you to question the status quo and seek answers to things you don't know or understand, and not to wish them away because you don't understand them.

Intelligence tells you that when people put up a video with such compelling evidence as I just did, you should first take the facts they presented and investigate before coming to a conclusion. But you did none of those before you jumped to conclude everyone of those people were lying. Those were very different people in different countries who didn't know each other. They all died and went to the same place and saw the same things that concur with the Bible's description of hell. They are not saying anything new. what they are describing are things that we already know as written in the bible about hell.

So oga, Take up the information in those videos, especially the one about Dan Eke that happened here in Nigeria, go and ask questions from the places where he said everything happened, starting from Umezurike hospital to the mortuary he was kept for 3 days. when you have done all that and the people you asked in those places tell you no such thing happened in 2001, then come back and tell us I was lying. Besides, I have also personally met 2 different people in Nigeria who died and came back to life and what they saw was not different from what these people in the videos also saw. One of the two people I am talking about died in a car accident on his was from Owerri to Uyo in 2012, and he was prayed for and came back to life after 2 days. One of the ways you know they were dead is that they all saw themselves leaving their bodies and they could tell you what was happening around them at the time they left their bodies before they started descending to hell. They could tell you who and who were around them and what each person around them was saying at the time they came out of their bodies and were standing and seeing their motionless bodies lying down.
"started descending to hell"

Just like that?

If i could decode correctly,You saying, the unrighteous people go to hell immediately after death?
Re: For Those Who Think Hell Is An Empty Threat From The Bible! by bid4rich(m): 11:46am On Jan 28, 2018
Elnino4ladies:
Hell doesn't exist.

Beautiful! I like your believe BUT I pity your destination because there is no pity in hell.

Think twice before you close your eyes.

1 Like

Re: For Those Who Think Hell Is An Empty Threat From The Bible! by tuoyoojo(m): 11:52am On Jan 28, 2018
this is what I like about God

He would never force you to believe or serve him

we are free moral agents who are liberty to make our choices

we are however not at liberty to determine the consequences of our choices

where you believe or gravity or not, whether it makes sense to you that the earth is round or not, doesnt change with is it

God doesn't need your validation for him to be God

the bottom line is that you have been informed

what you do with the information is entirely up to you

God bless you Op

1 Like

Re: For Those Who Think Hell Is An Empty Threat From The Bible! by omonnakoda: 11:58am On Jan 28, 2018
When people suffer schizophrenia, there hear,voices they experience phenomenon of external control of their bodies ,thoughts and feelings This pattern is reproduced across race and culture.
What does this teach us the human brain is similar across different population groups even in abnormal function there is similarity .

What do all these funny tales tell us?
Someone was in a mortuary for 3 days he was prayed for and lived again.
Assuming that is true what has it got to do with hell?

It really is indeed very sad that our people sometimes deliberately choose to be stupid.

There are alternatives but purposefully the choose idiocy.

There was a man who was certified dead in a prison recently somewhere by 3 doctors. Eventually he lived after several days check it on Google.
No one made any of these stupid attributions other than to conclude the doctors made a mistake and move on.

But some jokers must bring God,he'll and heaven into it
Re: For Those Who Think Hell Is An Empty Threat From The Bible! by omonnakoda: 12:08pm On Jan 28, 2018
Omudia11:
The op just laid emphasis on not jumping into conclusions. The bolded is a fat lie.

People from all walks of life including Muslims, Hindus,
Buddhists, confuscians, pagans, atheists etc have all had experiences of he'll and heaven and have come forward to share their testimonies.

There is a video of a Catholic priest on YouTube who allegedly Does, went to he'll and was brought back too.

People have had experience of brain function under extraordinary circumstances. eg dreaming. It is just brain activity. The fact that my neighbour attacks me in a dream has nothing to do with reality

Certain anaesthetic drugs consistently produce strange experienceso as do hallucinogenic drugs such as LSD Mescaline and many others produce consistently the same experience e.g. machine elves

DMT is well known for the MACHINE ELVE phenomenon

The fact of the matter is the human brain is a computer with plenty of possibilities many of which are poorly understood. That doesn't justify the use of superstition as a substitute for thinking

1 Like

Re: For Those Who Think Hell Is An Empty Threat From The Bible! by Ranchhoddas: 12:16pm On Jan 28, 2018
Edelweiss44:

Are you intelligent at all? Do you not know how to prove or disprove things when facts and evidence are provided to you? Have you not seen the names of all the places and times when the events happened? Is Umezurike hospital in Owerri not still in existence? Have you gone there to ask questions and they told you it was a lie? Have you gone to the mortuary where he was kept for 3 days and they said it was not true? You just want to just sit in your house and know what happened or didn't?
It is you who has no intelligence.
How does the claim prove that hell is real?

There are people who have died and come back and did not see any hell or heaven, what about them?

A person who was a believer in heaven or hell would see those places if he had an NDE.
It proves nothing.
Re: For Those Who Think Hell Is An Empty Threat From The Bible! by FromZeroToHero(m): 12:22pm On Jan 28, 2018
God is great.
Re: For Those Who Think Hell Is An Empty Threat From The Bible! by Mariangeles(f): 12:24pm On Jan 28, 2018
frosbel2:
100% fear tactics used to intimidate and cajole the sheeple into sticking with Church.

Sorry, all this means nothing, I take truth over strange visions and dreams any day and anytime.

These videos are the main reason why Pentecostalism is a serious illness.

[s]You worship God because you fear he will torture you for all eternity and yet he is a GOD OF LOVE ?? [/s]

Lool grin

All nonsense !!

This is a very big lie!
Re: For Those Who Think Hell Is An Empty Threat From The Bible! by nelsonoba: 12:25pm On Jan 28, 2018
Liard:

If you believe what you wrote then you don't know a thing about love my brother. See the way you are quick to tell us the meaning of Justice, bro reality check from your definition you deserve no better than he'll as well because you have darkness and bitterness in your heart.

Let me break it down for you to clear your eyes;

1) The only reason why man was created is to worship God and fulfil God's purpose.

2) If you as a creation of God decides not to fulfil the reason why God put you here on earth, then you have by your decision automatically put yourself on a path that tries to fight God. Because you are saying to God that he wasted his time creating you and giving you a freewill.

3) Jesus was speaking and said "you are the salt of the earth, but if a salt loses its savour, then it's of no use but to be trampled upon by men". If you are not worshipping God, then you have lost your relevance in creation, and that is why a punishment called hell exists for such people.

4) You ask why would other people who "worship God" but are not christians go to hell if what the bible says is true? Simple answer is this;
a) You don't make it to heaven just because you answer the tag "Christian" or you go to church. After all, Jesus himself was not a "christian". You make it to heaven because YOU HAVE A PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP WITH CHRIST AFTER HAVING ACCEPTED HIM INTO YOUR LIFE AS LORD AND SAVIOUR.

b) Why can't Muslims or other religious people who also believe in God but not Jesus Christ go to heaven? Simply because NO MAN CAN COME TO GOD EXCEPT THROUGH CHRIST. The reason is that God is too holy to behold sin, and no sinner can survive in the presence of God, and no man is righteous enough to stand before God, therefore we all need a MEDIATOR who can take us to God based on his own qualifications and Righteousness. That Mediator is Jesus! When you get born again, you are simply asking Jesus to take you to God , and why God would accept you is because Jesus has already made a sacrifice with his own blood for you to pay for your sins. When God looks at you anytime you worship him as a believer in Christ, God sees you the way he sees Jesus because you came to him on the merits of Christ. This is the reason why an ashawo of yesterday can repent today and give her life to Christ and die today and go to heaven.

c) Mohammed or Buddha cannot take you before God because they did not die for you or shed their blood as a sacrifice for your sins. If you want to come to God from any other means outside of Christ, then you have to ensure you have never committed any sin since you were born, this is why unborn babies who were aborted by their mothers can still make it to heaven. But which one of us living in this world can say they have never committed one sin? Even Mohammed and Buddha have not finished paying for their own sins talk less of helping you pay for yours! Jesus was conceived immaculately, born and lived a life without sin before sacrificing himself to pay for our sins, and that is why God put it that if the whole world could be thrown into sin and chaos by the sin of one man (Adam), then it is also fair and justice for the whole world to be saved from sin by the righteousness of one man (Jesus Christ) who committed no sin but gave his life as a sacrifice for our sins.

d) If you have any other solution for conquering sin outside of Jesus, then please show us.

5) Lastly, you need to understand that the same Jesus who loved us so much as to die for our sins because of LOVE is the same person that talked more about HELL in the gospel that he talked about Heaven. Go and do your research, find out how many times Jesus mentioned the word "Hell" in the gospel and compare with how many times he described heaven. If Jesus who is love personified can warn us about hell more than he described the beauty of heaven, then you had better stopped deceiving yourself that people can't go to hell because of God's love!

Even Jesus clearly told us that the road to heaven is narrow and there be few that go on it, but the road to hell is wide and many throng into it. So stop deceiving yourself by thinking there are billions of people in Islam and other religions who reject Christ, and simply because the number of those people is very high therefore God won't allow that number of people to all go to hell.

If you want to know God, one of the first lessons you need to understand is that God does not operate democracy where the majority is right. As far as God is concerned, "ONE WITH GOD IS MAJORITY!!"

1 Like

Re: For Those Who Think Hell Is An Empty Threat From The Bible! by crystal38: 12:27pm On Jan 28, 2018
removetheturban:
Your choice, your life. I spoke my truth and what does intelligence have to do with this?
what's the truth... without proper finding?? you type flawlessly but your reasoning is full of flaws.
Re: For Those Who Think Hell Is An Empty Threat From The Bible! by raindrop99: 12:37pm On Jan 28, 2018
Pls I need clarification, there is a portion in the Bible that says "it is appointed unto a man to die once & after death comes judgement" but now if d story is true, it seems these men will now die twice.

3 Likes

Re: For Those Who Think Hell Is An Empty Threat From The Bible! by nelsonoba: 12:39pm On Jan 28, 2018
Ranchhoddas:
It is you who has no intelligence.
How does the claim prove that hell is real?

There are people who have died and come back and did not see any hell or heaven, what about them?

A person who was a believer in heaven or hell would see those places if he had an NDE.
It proves nothing.

That's a very FAT LIE!! If you watched those 3 videos he posted, only the last video was a man who was already a Christian before he died and came back to life at the Reinhard Bonnke's crusade in 2001. The first two videos were atheists who didn't believe in God or anything heaven or hell before they died and came back. The 2nd guy was a well known professor and atheists who was always known as thinking of people who believed in God as "idiots". This same guy died and the moment he came back to life everything changed. How come a known atheist living in America saw the same thing as a pastor in Nigeria when they both died at very different times?

The more reason why I believe these guys, especially the last video is because this was not a "vision" or "dream" or "astral projection", these guys actually died and the last guy was actually dead for 3 days, he was placed in mortuary and already had been injected with all those dangerous embalming chemicals like formalin. So even if you wanted to say the man was misdiagnosed as dead by the doctors at Umezurike hospital before being taken to the mortuary, the mere injection of all those embalming chemicals into his body would have certainly killed him. Besides, you could hear the man saying that after he came back to life, it took many days for the chemicals injected into him at the mortuary to clear from his system.

When I see a made up story, it's not difficult to tell. In this case, there are names of places and dates for people who doubt to go and ask questions to verify
Re: For Those Who Think Hell Is An Empty Threat From The Bible! by deebrownneymar: 12:49pm On Jan 28, 2018
God's not dead.
Re: For Those Who Think Hell Is An Empty Threat From The Bible! by BabaAgba79(m): 12:50pm On Jan 28, 2018
If Hell is the reason I believe God, I will renounce my faith in Jehovah. I am not a J. Witness but I am a bible student and church historian I can tell you where the message of hell came from. Look, the beauty of creation and mysteries of life and death convinced me to have faith in a supreme being. The teachings of hell is evil and has no roots in the scriptures. Anyone u see there was imported by the church to exercise control and rule human mind. The end of man is death. If Jehovah will give me resurrection, I will be greatful. Death ends all living. The duality in nature makes it beautiful. Life is a gift of God. Death is a gift of God to put an end to man's miseries. Enjoy ur life while living for there is no remembrance in the grave where u go. Nevertheless, never harm ur fellow human because u want to live. If u have any question pls call 07067169170 for more explanation.

3 Likes

Re: For Those Who Think Hell Is An Empty Threat From The Bible! by nelsonoba: 12:51pm On Jan 28, 2018
raindrop99:
Pls I need clarification, there is a portion in the Bible that says "it is appointed unto a man to die once & after death comes judgement" but now if d story is true, it seems these men will now die twice.

Maybe you need to remember that Jesus raised several people back to life including Lazarus who was dead for 4 days and in the tomb. What also happened to Lazarus and the other few people Jesus raised back to life? Did they die twice?

You may also have forgotten what Jesus said about those who believe in him. Jesus said "Greater works than these shall they do". Jesus said they will heal the sick and raise the dead. So if a Pastor or Christian has enough faith today to pray and raise a dead person back to life, then they are only fulfilling what Jesus prophesied a long time ago.

God is sovereign and his word says "I will have mercy on whom I would have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion". The natural law is that once a man dies, his judgement is set and there is no coming back, but God can decide to show mercy to somebody and bring them back to life FOR THE PURPOSE OF COMING BACK TO SHARE A MESSAGE THAT MANY PEOPLE DO NOT TAKE SERIOUS.

1 Like

Re: For Those Who Think Hell Is An Empty Threat From The Bible! by raindrop99: 12:52pm On Jan 28, 2018
nelsonoba:

Let me break it down for you to clear your eyes;

1) The only reason why man was created is to worship God and fulfil God's purpose.

2) If you as a creation of God decides not to fulfil the reason why God put you here on earth, then you have by your decision automatically put yourself on a path that tries to fight God. Because you are saying to God that he wasted his time creating you and giving you a freewill.

3) Jesus was speaking and said "you are the salt of the earth, but if a salt loses its savour, then it's of no use but to be trampled upon by men". If you are not worshipping God, then you have lost your relevance in creation, and that is why a punishment called hell exists for such people.

4) You ask why would other people who "worship God" but are not christians go to hell if what the bible says is true? Simple answer is this;
a) You don't make it to heaven just because you answer the tag "Christian" or you go to church. After all, Jesus himself was not a "christian". You make it to heaven because YOU HAVE A PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP WITH CHRIST AFTER HAVING ACCEPTED HIM INTO YOUR LIFE AS LORD AND SAVIOUR.

b) Why can't Muslims or other religious people who also believe in God but not Jesus Christ go to heaven? Simply because NO MAN CAN COME TO GOD EXCEPT THROUGH CHRIST. The reason is that God is too holy to behold sin, and no sinner can survive in the presence of God, and no man is righteous enough to stand before God, therefore we all need a MEDIATOR who can take us to God based on his own qualifications and Righteousness. That Mediator is Jesus! When you get born again, you are simply asking Jesus to take you to God , and why God would accept you is because Jesus has already made a sacrifice with his own blood for you to pay for your sins. When God looks at you anytime you worship him as a believer in Christ, God sees you the way he sees Jesus because you came to him on the merits of Christ. This is the reason why an ashawo of yesterday can repent today and give her life to Christ and die today and go to heaven.

c) Mohammed or Buddha cannot take you before God because they did not die for you or shed their blood as a sacrifice for your sins. If you want to come to God from any other means outside of Christ, then you have to ensure you have never committed any sin since you were born, this is why unborn babies who were aborted by their mothers can still make it to heaven. But which one of us living in this world can say they have never committed one sin? Even Mohammed and Buddha have not finished paying for their own sins talk less of helping you pay for yours! Jesus was conceived immaculately, born and lived a life without sin before sacrificing himself to pay for our sins, and that is why God put it that if the whole world could be thrown into sin and chaos by the sin of one man (Adam), then it is also fair and justice for the whole world to be saved from sin by the righteousness of one man (Jesus Christ) who committed no sin but gave his life as a sacrifice for our sins.

d) If you have any other solution for conquering sin outside of Jesus, then please show us.

5) Lastly, you need to understand that the same Jesus who loved us so much as to die for our sins because of LOVE is the same person that talked more about HELL in the gospel that he talked about Heaven. Go and do your research, find out how many times Jesus mentioned the word "Hell" in the gospel and compare with how many times he described heaven. If Jesus who is love personified can warn us about hell more than he described the beauty of heaven, then you had better stopped deceiving yourself that people can't go to hell because of God's love!

Even Jesus clearly told us that the road to heaven is narrow and there be few that go on it, but the road to hell is wide and many throng into it. So stop deceiving yourself by thinking there are billions of people in Islam and other religions who reject Christ, and simply because the number of those people is very high therefore God won't allow that number of people to all go to hell.

If you want to know God, one of the first lessons you need to understand is that God does not operate democracy where the majority is right. As far as God is concerned, "ONE WITH GOD IS MAJORITY!!"
Thanks for the simplified explanation, I learnt some things, but one JW guy came to study me and proved beyond reasonable doubt from different materials that hell is grave.

He proved frm other versions of the Bible and other Christian books that any where the Bible made mention of "hell" it meant grave and not a place of punishment.

Person no even know watin to believe. Christians shld have one doctrine
Re: For Those Who Think Hell Is An Empty Threat From The Bible! by bmaks: 1:00pm On Jan 28, 2018
removetheturban:
These testimonies cannot be proven or held as authentic. Any drunk can come out to say anything and people will buy it. You better prove your doctrine using the Bible and not YouTube videos. These men are incredible.

Continue oooooo omo Daddy Freeze. Na after the rain you go know say umbrella na heavy load

1 Like

Re: For Those Who Think Hell Is An Empty Threat From The Bible! by nelsonoba: 1:01pm On Jan 28, 2018
BabaAgba79:
If Hell is the reason I believe God, I will renounce my faith in Jehovah. I am not a J. Witness but I am a bible student and church historian I can tell you where thr message of hell came from. Look, the beauty of creation and mysteries of life and death convinced me to have faith in a supreme being. The teachings of hell is evil and has no roots in the scriptures. Anyone u see there were imported by the church to exercise control and rule human mind. The end of man is death. If Jehovah will give me resurrection, I will be greatful. Death ends all living. The duality in nature makes it beautiful. Life is a gift of God. Death is a gift of God to put an end to man's miseries. Enjoy ur life while leaving for there is no remembrance in the grave where u go. Nevertheless, never harm ur fellow human because u want to live. If u have any question pls call 07067169170 for more explanation.

Either you are an Anti-Christ who does not believe in the bible and has been sent by the devil to deceive more souls or you are just a grossly ignorant soul. If you don't believe in hell, then how come Jesus said this in

Matthew 5:29 "And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell. "

It's either you or Jesus is lying to us about the existence of hell. But I would rather believe the words of Jesus than your personal opinions that are based on emotions and sentiments.
Re: For Those Who Think Hell Is An Empty Threat From The Bible! by Viserion: 1:02pm On Jan 28, 2018
Edelweiss44:

And to you Justice means torturing someone in fire for all eternity maybe you'd rethink your beliefs if you become a. victim of accident through hot water, let alone fire...

1 Like

Re: For Those Who Think Hell Is An Empty Threat From The Bible! by karlboss: 1:08pm On Jan 28, 2018
BabaAgba79:
If Hell is the reason I believe God, I will renounce my faith in Jehovah. I am not a J. Witness but I am a bible student and church historian I can tell you where thr message of hell came from. Look, the beauty of creation and mysteries of life and death convinced me to have faith in a supreme being. The teachings of hell is evil and has no roots in the scriptures. Anyone u see there were imported by the church to exercise control and rule human mind. The end of man is death. If Jehovah will give me resurrection, I will be greatful. Death ends all living. The duality in nature makes it beautiful. Life is a gift of God. Death is a gift of God to put an end to man's miseries. Enjoy ur life while leaving for there is no remembrance in the grave where u go. Nevertheless, never harm ur fellow human because u want to live. If u have any question pls call 07067169170 for more explanation.

Don't join this people who are arguing about something beyond everyone comprehension even science and spirituality (Christianity and Islam ) can't even explain so many phenomenon.

Atheist and Christians trying to show who is more intelligent. Black people lol
Re: For Those Who Think Hell Is An Empty Threat From The Bible! by bmaks: 1:15pm On Jan 28, 2018
Liard:

If you believe what you wrote then you don't know a thing about love my brother. See the way you are quick to tell us the meaning of Justice, bro reality check from your definition you deserve no better than hell as well because you have darkness and bitterness in your heart.

What we often miss is that we so much talk about grace as the unfailing love of God that it just over available to us all which is SO TRUE but it doesn't guarantee you and I living our lives anyhow. WE HAVE FORGOTTEN THAT HE IS YET THE LION AND THE LAMB. God loves you so much that he gave you opportunity to choose right and live right but if you CHOOSE to live wrongly, I'M SO SORRY YOU'VE GOT TO FACE HIS WRATH BASED ON YOUR OWN CHOICE

SO MY FELLA, HELL OR HEAVEN IS BASED ON YOUR CHOICE, YOU WANT TO GO TO HEAVEN CHOOSE TO LIVE RIGHT, YOU WANNA GO TO HELL YOU CAN KEEP LIVING ANYHOW AND KEEP BELIEVING ANYTHING GOES SINCE GOD IS SOOOOOOOO LOVING.... YOU MAY BE LATE TO TELL THE STORY....#SELAH
Re: For Those Who Think Hell Is An Empty Threat From The Bible! by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jan 28, 2018
A six years old boy claimed to have seen Jesus in his dream
It is expected of a sane man to ask, How did you know it is Jesus?
Believe me, his description will match that image in nativity or one calendar somewhere...
Never underestimate the power of the Mind whether in sleep or awake,
One can only dream of Hell and call it hell if and only if, he/she is familiar with the fable.

Only Christians have visions about beautiful Jesus,
Only Muslims dream about gracious Mohamed,
Only Catholics experience apparition of the virgin (mother) Mary'
Only Hindu get a message from the Meditating Buddha...
Don't you get it?

One sane person among ten thousands insane people. how can he prove his sanity to them?
This world is so much super saturated with ignorance that a sleeping man thinks he is fully awake.
The few that know kept quiet, nobody understood their messages. it's like telling a blind man there is light everywhere.
The truth is in every man, it is written all over the cosmos, nature keeps on speaking to our subconscious...
Sadly, we are all drowned in our synthetic knowledge and ignorance, too much nonsense flying around.

I speak for myself
I speak against none
But please, be awake.

1 Like

Re: For Those Who Think Hell Is An Empty Threat From The Bible! by nelsonoba: 1:21pm On Jan 28, 2018
raindrop99:

Thanks for the simplified explanation, I learnt some things, but one JW guy came to study me and proved beyond reasonable doubt from different materials that hell is grave.

He proved frm other versions of the Bible and other Christian books that any where the Bible made mention of "hell" it meant grave and not a place of punishment.

Person no even know watin to believe. Christians shld have one doctrine

I understand your genuineness brother, I have been in your shoes at a point in my life until I started studying deep into the scriptures for myself. One thing you need to know is that we are in the end times when the devil is using false religions to confuse people. so he makes it look as if there are too many choices and options that people now start getting distracted from the real God.

Jehovah's witnesses do not believe the scriptures. They have a form of godliness but deny the power thereof. Pls read Matthew 5:29 - 30 and other places Jesus talked about hell. If Hell was just grave, pls how would Jesus talk about its fire that never quenches?

Read Matthew 25: 31 - 46

JWITNESSES do not even believe that Jesus is the son of God and that he died, resurrected on the 3rd day and paid for our sins with his blood. Quote this thing I just said to them, and they will start arguing. Now tell me, how else can man deal with sin if there is no blood of Jesus to wash our sins? The only reason we can come before God is because we believe in Jesus and his blood wipes away our sins. So my brother, the whole idea is for the devil to deceive people to think there is no hell so that people can live anyhow they want and end up in hell, because if you don't think Hell exists, you will not make efforts to avoid it

1 Like

Re: For Those Who Think Hell Is An Empty Threat From The Bible! by tonyxxx(m): 1:22pm On Jan 28, 2018
Hell is simply a state of mind. The wise have always known since time immemorial. An untrained mind would almost always create a hellish reality nine out of ten times. Ignorance is indeed the greatest disease of mankind.
Re: For Those Who Think Hell Is An Empty Threat From The Bible! by clitlicker: 1:33pm On Jan 28, 2018
Edelweiss44:

verification of a paranomal occurrence doesnt not prove and religions belief.

im pretty sure if this "testimonies" were from the followers of guru maraji you wont accept it belief system no matter how verifiable the events are.

also the analogy u gave about killing your parent relating it to acccepting jesus christ doesnt work. it obviously immoral to kill someone, it is not immoral at all not to believe in something, it is very very very very very important to understand that BELIEF IS NOT A CHOICE.
Re: For Those Who Think Hell Is An Empty Threat From The Bible! by redsun(m): 1:37pm On Jan 28, 2018
If you are looking for hell, look no further than the squalor of Africa and all the dungeon of the world inhabited by the fundamentally ignorant people, including the projects, ghettos, trailer parks of the so-called advanced worlds. Covens, homes, and hearts of those that thrive in hate and bigotry like the KKKs and all the anti love people of the world are hell.

Every day you wake up in the morning and feel good about yourself and others around you, knowing that you are in control, irrespective of what is thrown at you, you are in heaven.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Can We Pay Tithes From Money Gotten From MMM??? / Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) / Russian Orthodox Church In Amsterdam Announces Split With Moscow Due To Ukraine.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 166
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.