Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,595 members, 7,812,952 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:22 PM

Chimamanda Adichie's Clapback To "Nigeria Has Bookshops?" Question In France. - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chimamanda Adichie's Clapback To "Nigeria Has Bookshops?" Question In France. (40284 Views)

“I Don’t Want To Be Responsible For Traumatising Children” - Chimamanda Adichie / Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast / Ivara Esege, Chimamanda Adichie's Husband, Pictured With Her Brother, Kene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Clapback To "Nigeria Has Bookshops?" Question In France. by ShitHead(m): 2:26pm On Jan 27, 2018
Boring.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Clapback To "Nigeria Has Bookshops?" Question In France. by Deicide: 2:27pm On Jan 27, 2018
cheesy

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Clapback To "Nigeria Has Bookshops?" Question In France. by LZAA: 2:30pm On Jan 27, 2018
MRAKBEE:

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/01/26/africa/chimamanda-adichie-clapback-nigeria/index.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBjQMtYv6o0
did the journo lie?
how many nigerians dy go bookshop?is not linda ikeji and blog dm dy go
to the journo well hard books are slowly going out of fashion as ebooks are replacing them
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Clapback To "Nigeria Has Bookshops?" Question In France. by Jbleenk: 2:30pm On Jan 27, 2018
noblealuu:
All these whites sef...can't utilize the internet facilities at their disposal to know a thing or two about other countries..... shocked

Little wonder some of them think Africa is a continent

Imagine what this one is writing. No Africa is not a continent, it's a street at the back of ur yard.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Clapback To "Nigeria Has Bookshops?" Question In France. by Odianose13(m): 2:30pm On Jan 27, 2018
What an interview!

How come we are the most educated blacks in the world of we don't have bookstores?

Silly journalist!

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Clapback To "Nigeria Has Bookshops?" Question In France. by itchie: 2:31pm On Jan 27, 2018
noblealuu:
All these whites sef...can't utilize the internet facilities at their disposal to know a thing or two about other countries..... shocked

Is Africa not a continent?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Clapback To "Nigeria Has Bookshops?" Question In France. by emonkey(m): 2:35pm On Jan 27, 2018
Valid question(s) nevertheless.
1. How many libraries are in your town ? If any when last did you see a new book on the shelf?
2. How many bookshops are in your town ? Real bookshops, not stalls.

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Clapback To "Nigeria Has Bookshops?" Question In France. by hotboz: 2:35pm On Jan 27, 2018
XingXhang:
Nigeria has bookshops but very few readers.

Keep three books by Anthony Robbins or Zig Ziglar out in the open. No one will dare touch them. But misplace your #5 and you won't see it 5 mins later.

You'll see a book seller looking all dirty; I'll be like, How can a man be selling knowledge and still be ignorant?

Btw, I received joined a WhatsApp group where e-books by almost all the good authors (Christian and motivational) are being sent for easy download and reading. I intend opening mine, if interested to join my READING CLUB on WhatsApp...Send me your number. Thank you.

Leaders are Readers. Consistent readers are Great Leaders. Build a future that will last by investing in books today. FREE BOOKS.

08030450762.. Thanks
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Clapback To "Nigeria Has Bookshops?" Question In France. by babadee1(m): 2:36pm On Jan 27, 2018
This Chimamanda Adichie woman will be the first female president of Nigeria one day. Insha Allah.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Clapback To "Nigeria Has Bookshops?" Question In France. by KOKOwonder(m): 2:37pm On Jan 27, 2018
XingXhang:

Keep three books by Anthony Robbins or Zig Ziglar out in the open. No one will dare touch them. But misplace your #5 and you won't see it 5 mins later.

You'll see a book seller looking all dirty; I'll be like, How can a man be selling knowledge and still be ignorant?

Btw, I received joined a WhatsApp group where e-books by almost all the good authors (Christian and motivational) are being sent for easy download and reading. I intend opening mine, if interested to join my READING CLUB on WhatsApp...Send me your number. Thank you.

Leaders are Readers. Consistent readers are Great Leaders. Build a future that will last by investing in books today. FREE BOOKS.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Clapback To "Nigeria Has Bookshops?" Question In France. by Junker007: 2:39pm On Jan 27, 2018
XingXhang:

am interested bro. i will pm my no
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Clapback To "Nigeria Has Bookshops?" Question In France. by Osezzua(m): 2:39pm On Jan 27, 2018
gud
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Clapback To "Nigeria Has Bookshops?" Question In France. by teamsynergy: 2:40pm On Jan 27, 2018
LZAA:

did the journo lie?
how many nigerians dy go bookshop?is not linda ikeji and blog dm dy go
to the journo well hard books are slowly going out of fashion as ebooks are replacing them

what statistics did you do to come to this conclusion...even in France , many people don't visit book shops...

so

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Clapback To "Nigeria Has Bookshops?" Question In France. by seguno2: 2:41pm On Jan 27, 2018
DeutschJunge:
Very annoying set of human beings, the ignorance is just disgusting.
Initially i use to try to educate them but with time i just let them wallow in their ignorance, useless things..
imagine telling them i am schooling and they will be looking at you like "wow!!" like a black man in university, like say na something astonishing!
or you tell them you from africa and the only thing they can imagine is you playing with wild animals..
forget white skin, they are very ignorant!

Yes, so ignorant they made the internet and have global news channels.
Africans are not more ignorant, abi?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Clapback To "Nigeria Has Bookshops?" Question In France. by seguno2: 2:45pm On Jan 27, 2018
teamsynergy:
what statistics did you do to come to this conclusion...even in France , many people don't visit book shops...

so

Are you joking or are you a joker?
If more French people are not visiting bookstores, how come they have many Africans rushing through the Sahara desert, Libya slavery and Mediterranean Sea sinking to be second class citizens in Europe?
Do you think that self-deception helps or hinders resolution of a problem
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Clapback To "Nigeria Has Bookshops?" Question In France. by UfuomaUN(m): 2:45pm On Jan 27, 2018
noblealuu:

of course Africa is a local govt

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Clapback To "Nigeria Has Bookshops?" Question In France. by LZAA: 2:46pm On Jan 27, 2018
teamsynergy:

so
my broda lets say the hard truth even art students hardly read dis days ie books
as per d bkshop tin,u can see wia i clearly said ebooks are replacing hard cover books
so why go to a bkshop when u can order or download an ebook on the net?

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Clapback To "Nigeria Has Bookshops?" Question In France. by DeutschJunge: 2:46pm On Jan 27, 2018
seguno2:

Yes, so ignorant they made the internet and have global news channels.
Africans are not more ignorant, abi?
Do you play with wild animals?
Are your cloths made with leaves?
Do you sleep in a cave?

If the answers are yes then I take it back they are not, if not I suggest you check your inferiority complex.

4 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Clapback To "Nigeria Has Bookshops?" Question In France. by MrImole: 2:47pm On Jan 27, 2018
XingXhang:

Add me, my number is on my signature.

If you want to join infinix hot 5 WhatsApp group, add me with my number.

I also need this eBook: "1000 ways to make $1000"
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Clapback To "Nigeria Has Bookshops?" Question In France. by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jan 27, 2018
doyinisaac:
Did you just type the bolded??to slap you dey hungry me
honestly with what he said,I now see why they call us "shithole". Let my 6yrs old teach you

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Clapback To "Nigeria Has Bookshops?" Question In France. by seguno2: 2:49pm On Jan 27, 2018
DeutschJunge:

Do you play with wild animals?
Are your cloths made with leaves?
Do you sleep in a cave?
If the answers are yes then I take it back they are not, if not I suggest you check your inferiority complex.

You are the one who needs to check the type of oyinbos you mix with. I guess that they are the type who think that ALL Africans do what you listed.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Clapback To "Nigeria Has Bookshops?" Question In France. by just2endowed: 2:49pm On Jan 27, 2018
XingXhang:

Pls how can I join ur group

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Clapback To "Nigeria Has Bookshops?" Question In France. by Chukazu: 2:52pm On Jan 27, 2018
There are bookstores but fast closing down to invasion of internet.

Just Last year a friend was given contract to supply Library books.
We went searching every corner of Lagos, to my shock most of the big names book shops in YABA where no more an out of about 100 book titles we could only get 8.
Even the once dominant C.S.S bookshop had nothing to offer
Kids ant reading anymore," smart phone and Google ti take over"

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Clapback To "Nigeria Has Bookshops?" Question In France. by teamsynergy: 2:53pm On Jan 27, 2018
LZAA:

my broda lets say the hard truth even art students hardly read dis days ie books
as per d bkshop tin,u can see wia i clearly said ebooks are replacing hard cover books
so why go to a bkshop when u can order or download an ebook on the net?

people still read...reading is a hobby and u don't need to be an art student to love reading books and novels....

mind you, most readers I have met prefer hard copy to e books.... alot of people are struggling in this country, so making time to read might be an expensive hobby for many. nonetheless, people still patronize book shops

3 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Clapback To "Nigeria Has Bookshops?" Question In France. by seguno2: 2:54pm On Jan 27, 2018
XingXhang:

Why not philosophical books and those on socio-economic development

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Clapback To "Nigeria Has Bookshops?" Question In France. by LZAA: 2:55pm On Jan 27, 2018
teamsynergy:

people still read...reading is a hobby and u don't need to be an art student to love reading books and novels....

mind you, most readers I have met prefer hard copy to e books.... alot of people are struggling in this country, so making time to read might be an expensive hobby for many. nonetheless, people still patronize book shops
i think u need to look at xingxhang's statement then you will understand what i'm trying to tell u
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Clapback To "Nigeria Has Bookshops?" Question In France. by opribo(m): 2:55pm On Jan 27, 2018
The question is not out of tune, just take a look around do you still see libraries here.

Reading culture is dead in our environment. No more research. Everything is now internet is the answer.

Even abroad they still maintain an active library and postal service but here we know more than the people that thought us. No library no more postal services.

The people that asked that question knew what they were saying. I can't even say where one can find a bookstore in Nigeria.

Chimamanda doesn't live here so she obviously won't know that bookshops have become moribund in Naija.

3 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Clapback To "Nigeria Has Bookshops?" Question In France. by daneni1(m): 2:56pm On Jan 27, 2018
XingXhang:

Oya do d needful.........08093512118
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Clapback To "Nigeria Has Bookshops?" Question In France. by teamsynergy: 2:56pm On Jan 27, 2018
Chukazu:
There are bookstores but fast closing down to invasion of internet.

Just Last year a friend was given contract to supply Library books.
We went searching the every corner of Lagos, to my shock most of the big names book shops in YABA where no more an out of about 100 book titles we could only get 8.

Kids ant reading anymore," smart phone and Google ti take over"

like naija is the only country with internet... u don't feel bookshops have closed in France too.... it's a general thing and not peculiar to naija
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Clapback To "Nigeria Has Bookshops?" Question In France. by RealDonaldTrump(m): 2:57pm On Jan 27, 2018
doyinisaac:
Did you just type the bolded??to slap you dey hungry me

He/She meant to say “most europeans and americans think Africa is a single country”. I have a first hand Account of that here in america and i just laugh and tell them what it is. Nigeria is painted like a desert here o and most white folks here in America have received the scam mails at least once. So when they know you are a Nigerian, they tell you how someone said they won millions in inheritance and they need some fund to hire a lawyer bla bla bla. Abeg make we change our ways. We dey hustle legitimately here o and we dey pay tax. Make i sidon collect my 3.5million naira in tax return. Abeg America sweet

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Clapback To "Nigeria Has Bookshops?" Question In France. by LemuelIrabor: 2:58pm On Jan 27, 2018
noblealuu:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 / Top 10 Nigerian Writers Of All Time. / Faridah Abike-Iyimide Secures MacMillan Million-Dollar Book Deal In USA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.