Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,984 members, 7,814,353 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:32 AM

Construction Works Begin At Lekki Deep Sea Port - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Construction Works Begin At Lekki Deep Sea Port (22090 Views)

$9bn Dangote Refinery To Begin Test Production By May 2019 Videos / Building And Construction Works At Its Best / NPA Pays $23m Equity Funding In Lekki Deep Seaport Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Construction Works Begin At Lekki Deep Sea Port by postbox: 5:35am On Jan 30, 2018
Major construction work has commenced at the Lekki deep sea port site located at the Lagos Free Trade Zone (LFTZ), Ibeju-Lekki. With the construction of the main breakwater for the port, a major step towards the actualization of the proposed project has been taken.

The management of Lekki Port LFTZ Enterprise (LPLE) disclosed this during the monitoring visit of the Acting Director General of the Infrastructure Concession Regulatory Commission, (ICRC) to assess the progress of the project, which held on Friday, 26 January 2018.

Speaking during the visit, the General Manager, Projects, of LPLE, Mr. Steven Heukelom noted that the breakwater construction is one of the largest components of the port construction.

Commenting on the technical partners for the project, Heukelom explained that China Harbour Engineering Company Limited (CHEC), the engineering and construction arm of China Construction and Communication Company (CCCC), is the Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) contractor for the Port (through China Harbour Engineering LFTZ Enterprise); while Louis Berger Group, USA, one of the largest multi-disciplinary infrastructure consulting firm in the world is the Project Management Consultant (PMC) in charge of supervising the construction of the port.

“The responsibilities of CHEC includes the overall design of Lekki Port, construction of the marine and landside infrastructure for the terminals and utilities, and dredging of the access channel and port basin, while Louis Berger is responsible for contract management, design review and supervision of the construction work’’ he said.

Addressing the media shortly after the briefing and tour of the project site, the Acting Director-General, Infrastructure Concession Regulatory Commission (ICRC), Engineer Chidi Izuwah stated that the visit to the Lekki Deep Sea Port project site is in compliance with Section 20 of the ICRC Act 2005 which empowers the Commission to monitor compliance and ensure efficient execution of all nationwide ‘PPP’ projects.

“We are here as part of the Commission’s 2017/2018 monitoring programme to assess the level of progress made in implementing this project as well as compliance with terms and conditions of the contract agreement signed by all parties’’ he said.

Engr. Izuwah commended the management of Lekki Port for the progress recorded so far on the Lekki Port project and for choosing such qualified and credible technical partners to work with them on the project. He then urged the company to ensure timely completion of the project.

While describing the magnitude of the Lekki Deep Sea Port Project, Heukelom noted that upon completion, the Port would be one of the deepest in West Africa with 16.5-meter water depth and one of the most modern, efficient ports in sub-Saharan Africa with capacity to berth larger vessels thereby making Lagos the trans-shipment hub in West Africa.

“We are working tirelessly in conjunction with China Harbour Engineering Company to deliver a port which will be a state-of-the-art, model deep-sea port, not only in Nigeria but in sub-Saharan Africa,” he said.

About Lekki Port

A multi-purpose, Deep Sea Port at the heart of the Lagos Free Trade Zone, Lekki Port will be one of the most modern ports, supporting the burgeoning trade across Nigeria and the entire West African region, and providing the connection to the global shipping network.

This laudable project is being promoted by Tolaram Group (Lead Sponsor) with the Nigerian Port Authority and the Lagos State Government as equity investors.

SOURCE: https://brandspurng.com/construction-works-begin-at-lekki-deep-sea-port/

2 Likes

Re: Construction Works Begin At Lekki Deep Sea Port by austin2all: 5:45am On Jan 30, 2018
yet not even a single sea port in the entire igbo land. one nigeria my left nyash.

13 Likes

Re: Construction Works Begin At Lekki Deep Sea Port by BrandSpurNG: 7:39am On Jan 30, 2018
Interesting

1 Like

Re: Construction Works Begin At Lekki Deep Sea Port by Omudia11: 8:00am On Jan 30, 2018
Ok
Re: Construction Works Begin At Lekki Deep Sea Port by COOLDK(m): 8:01am On Jan 30, 2018
austin2all:
yet not even a single sea port in the entire igbo land. one nigeria my left nyash.

What about Ports in Crossriver, Delta and Onne?

Are those ones not ports?

May almighty God savage today's youth from illiteracy and never finding out facts before conclusion.

Anyway, let me help you out. Follow this link to know more:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_Ports_Authority

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Construction Works Begin At Lekki Deep Sea Port by Sapiosexuality(m): 8:02am On Jan 30, 2018
I don't understand this country.

Why not spread the wealth rather than make Lagos the only commercial viable state?

Why not open up the entire country for business for opening up ports in other States to full capacity?

I don't mean that thing happening in PH port where you'd need x5 of the money clearing in Lagos will cost you.

Open the entire country for business and watch unemployment and poverty reduced to the lowest value.

We have the Apapa Ports, Tincan Ports, the Badagry Port is on, and now we are on Lekki Sea Port. Isn't this stupidity?

As low as the UK is, there are about 40 Ports evenly distributed but here it's all Lagos and some mediocre system on the other ports.

We can't grow like this. We don't need such clueless economic plan to grow. Spread the ports and open up the country for business.

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Construction Works Begin At Lekki Deep Sea Port by bankyblue(m): 8:02am On Jan 30, 2018
The FTC guy is so pained.

When u have a good focus guy at the helm of affairs, this will be the result, not the molding man from IMO state or the crying man from eungu, or the silence man from Abia,.........

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Construction Works Begin At Lekki Deep Sea Port by austin2all: 8:02am On Jan 30, 2018
even when it is obvious that lagos have an over stretching population and lack of space. why cant other regions be developed.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Construction Works Begin At Lekki Deep Sea Port by michlins(m): 8:02am On Jan 30, 2018
austin2all:
who do you want to blame again. This is a result of visionary leadership of Lagos successive governments

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Construction Works Begin At Lekki Deep Sea Port by adeblow(m): 8:03am On Jan 30, 2018
austin2all:
Go and ask your governors why they hate your region so much. Kudos LASG

42 Likes

Re: Construction Works Begin At Lekki Deep Sea Port by Jaguntemmy(m): 8:03am On Jan 30, 2018
austin2all:
THERE IS NO ACCESS TO SEA IN IGBO LAND.

36 Likes

Re: Construction Works Begin At Lekki Deep Sea Port by martineverest(m): 8:03am On Jan 30, 2018
austin2all:
it's Lagos gov't project not federal....there are super rich men in Anambra,what stops dem from investing in port

31 Likes

Re: Construction Works Begin At Lekki Deep Sea Port by LaughButton01(m): 8:04am On Jan 30, 2018
yes, done eating.

Chai see iPod youth voicing their frustrations ooo

other states are doing exploit they are there envying. you want the govt to do everything for you. no wonder all of you hate bubu
expecting him to serve you breakfast. blame your governors for your problems

13 Likes

Re: Construction Works Begin At Lekki Deep Sea Port by martineverest(m): 8:04am On Jan 30, 2018
Sapiosexuality:
O don't understand this country. Why not spread the wealth rather than make Lagos the only commercial viable state? Why not open up the entire country for business for opening up ports in other States to full capacity? N
its a state project not federal

20 Likes

Re: Construction Works Begin At Lekki Deep Sea Port by Rutley(m): 8:05am On Jan 30, 2018
Sea port the said. Can you please tell me the meaning of a sea and where we can find one in the east

austin2all:

14 Likes

Re: Construction Works Begin At Lekki Deep Sea Port by Jaguntemmy(m): 8:05am On Jan 30, 2018
austin2all:
IGBO PEOPLE SPEND OVER 60% OF THEIR LIVE IN THE WEST AND ONLY GO BACK HOME TO DIE OR DO SOMETHING WASTEFUL. YOU DON NEED A SEA PORT FOR THAT NA.
SEE HOW DEM GO QUE TO INSULT ME

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Construction Works Begin At Lekki Deep Sea Port by LaughButton01(m): 8:05am On Jan 30, 2018
austin2all:

I'm back

2 Likes

Re: Construction Works Begin At Lekki Deep Sea Port by EternalTruth: 8:06am On Jan 30, 2018
austin2all:
the south east is a land locked region with no access to Sea

17 Likes

Re: Construction Works Begin At Lekki Deep Sea Port by wellmax(m): 8:07am On Jan 30, 2018
Lagos, ever moving forward

5 Likes

Re: Construction Works Begin At Lekki Deep Sea Port by chngebeginwthme: 8:07am On Jan 30, 2018
austin2all:

So you want Ambode to come and build seaport for you guys? Lekki and Badagry Seaport is owned by Lagos Lagos State..

Some states are developing while your Governors are looting you dry you guys keep hating..

37 Likes

Re: Construction Works Begin At Lekki Deep Sea Port by wellmax(m): 8:07am On Jan 30, 2018
austin2all:
They are waiting on FG

4 Likes

Re: Construction Works Begin At Lekki Deep Sea Port by Nobody: 8:08am On Jan 30, 2018
EternalTruth:
the south east is a land locked region with no access to Sea
river niger lead to d sea an. Can be dredged

2 Likes

Re: Construction Works Begin At Lekki Deep Sea Port by Jatinzbusinessc(m): 8:08am On Jan 30, 2018
Then and again another one, but there are Sea cut across all part of the country but why focus on one area only.

No even development and project like this why why why focus on only Lagos when we have river Niger that link the south south and the south east.

I tell you today go get your PVC and let hold our selves responsible.
Re: Construction Works Begin At Lekki Deep Sea Port by Sapiosexuality(m): 8:08am On Jan 30, 2018
martineverest:
its a state project not federal
Lol. State project? Without the backing of the FG it's bullshit. Without the FG to regulate the custom services in the ports it's impossible. State Project? Yes, but with the order of the FG.
Re: Construction Works Begin At Lekki Deep Sea Port by chngebeginwthme: 8:08am On Jan 30, 2018
Sapiosexuality:
I don't understand this country.

Why not spread the wealth rather than make Lagos the only commercial viable state?

Why not open up the entire country for business for opening up ports in other States to full capacity?

I don't mean that thing happening in PH port where you'd need x5 of the money clearing in Lagos will cost you.

Open the entire country for business and watch unemployment and poverty reduced to the lowest value.

We have the Apapa Ports, Tincan Ports, the Badagry Port is on, and now we are on Lekki Sea Port. Isn't this stupidity?

As low as the UK is, there are about 40 Ports evenly distributed but here it's all Lagos and some mediocre system on the other ports.

We can't grow like this. We don't need such clueless economic plan to grow. Spread the ports and open up the country for business.

Lekki Seaport is a Lagos State Project..

29 Likes

Re: Construction Works Begin At Lekki Deep Sea Port by chngebeginwthme: 8:09am On Jan 30, 2018
austin2all:
even when it is obvious that lagos have an over stretching population and lack of space. why cant other regions be developed.

Ask your Governors that question, Lekki seaport is lagos State Government project..

13 Likes

Re: Construction Works Begin At Lekki Deep Sea Port by Sapiosexuality(m): 8:11am On Jan 30, 2018
chngebeginwthme:

Lekki Seaport is a Lagos State Project..
A Seaport, without the backing of the FG, is bullshi't. It doesn't exist. Checks and balancing, logistics, etc., will be provided by the FG and not any local militia group or body set up by the state.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Construction Works Begin At Lekki Deep Sea Port by Pavore9: 8:14am On Jan 30, 2018
Being a state project, what are other states along the coastline doing?

5 Likes

Re: Construction Works Begin At Lekki Deep Sea Port by SleekyP(m): 8:14am On Jan 30, 2018
Don't gift him/her flowers!!! Gift him/her Land... Enjoy 14% discount on all our estates in ibeju lekki, shimawa, Ikorodu, Atan-Otan, Ibadan and Abuja... With an Initial down payment of 140k, spread balance within 14months!!! Let's treat you to the best value party yet!!! Call :08148450760

1 Share

Re: Construction Works Begin At Lekki Deep Sea Port by Tedpgrass: 8:14am On Jan 30, 2018
good stuff

when is Lekki airport construction starting

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FOREX Crisis: Naira Plunges To 1,025/$, Job Losses, Factory Shutdown Loom / We’re Unaware Of Otedola’s Share Acquisitions – FBN Holdings / Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.