Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,465 members, 7,836,838 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:25 PM

Construction Works Begin At Lekki Deep Sea Port - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Construction Works Begin At Lekki Deep Sea Port (22131 Views)

$9bn Dangote Refinery To Begin Test Production By May 2019 Videos / Building And Construction Works At Its Best / NPA Pays $23m Equity Funding In Lekki Deep Seaport Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Construction Works Begin At Lekki Deep Sea Port by actrinity(m): 2:33pm On Jan 30, 2018
michlins:
who do you want to blame again. This is a result of visionary leadership of Lagos successive governments
Visionary my foot: is it the state that is building it? This is a federal project. They should have started ibaka deep seaport in Akwa ibom, instead of Lagos, since Lagos is congested & already have 3 seaports. They should open other regions. & don't talk of Port-Harcourt, calabar, warri or onne (oil export) ports. If u know the levies or taxes imposed on these ports, you should cry of eastern nigerian. That's why an Onitsha biz man still imports from Lagos instead of nearby warri or ph.
Re: Construction Works Begin At Lekki Deep Sea Port by actrinity(m): 2:39pm On Jan 30, 2018
Jaguntemmy:

THERE IS NO ACCESS TO SEA IN IGBO LAND.
and I think Port-Harcourt, bonny & opobo are in yorubaland, not igboland. Maybe u think igboland starts & end with south-east zone, an artificial creation of nigeria govt after the war. You're fast to label Port-Harcourt, bonny or opobo non igboland but fast in claiming ilorin(kwara) & some part of kogi, even itshekiri as a yoruba nation. Hypocrisy at its peak.
Re: Construction Works Begin At Lekki Deep Sea Port by actrinity(m): 2:43pm On Jan 30, 2018
Rutley:
Sea port the said. Can you please tell me the meaning of a sea and where we can find one in the east

eastern states that bordered the ocean include cross river, Akwa ibom, rivers, bayelsa.
Re: Construction Works Begin At Lekki Deep Sea Port by ogbeniolola: 2:47pm On Jan 30, 2018
Restructuring things!!
Re: Construction Works Begin At Lekki Deep Sea Port by DoTheNeedful: 4:07pm On Jan 30, 2018
Sapiosexuality:
Now I wonder how the FG is not involved if the Customs are involved.

The sapiosexuality you claim is a scam. You are not by any length smart. Is it done anywhere in the world where customs won't be at a border? Do you know the function of customs? So, in your narrow mind, you think customs should not be at the port because it is a private affair. There are thousands of private ports operated all around the world and you must see the custom service of the host countries at those ports. SMH. The most ignorant are the most vocal on nairaland.
Or are you arguing that the government should have stopped the initiative of Tolaram Group because there are fewer ports in other places?

2 Likes

Re: Construction Works Begin At Lekki Deep Sea Port by EternalTruth: 4:18pm On Jan 30, 2018
CASTOSVILLA:
He said Igbo land and those places you mentioned aint Igbo. Your illiteracy stinks5to high heavens
Dshocker:

are those state you mentioned eastern state?
no mine the guy. He needs to learn about states and their geopolitical regions
Re: Construction Works Begin At Lekki Deep Sea Port by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jan 30, 2018
actrinity:

Visionary my foot: is it the state that is building it? This is a federal project. They should have started ibaka deep seaport in Akwa ibom, instead of Lagos, since Lagos is congested & already have 3 seaports. They should open other regions. & don't talk of Port-Harcourt, calabar, warri or onne (oil export) ports. If u know the levies or taxes imposed on these ports, you should cry of eastern nigerian. That's why an Onitsha biz man still imports from Lagos instead of nearby warri or ph.

Where is the master-plan for your state to begin with? I live in Ikeja, and have read the master-plan for it online - most of it may be a pipe-dream, but there is a plan that has existed from Tinubu's time for the whole of Lagos, so, even as the man and his successors dey chop, at least, they are adhering to a freaking plan - not start and stop like the rest of Nigeria.

http://physicalplanning.lg.gov.ng/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Ikeja%20Report%20A3.pdf
Re: Construction Works Begin At Lekki Deep Sea Port by larex007(m): 4:39pm On Jan 30, 2018
austin2all:
yet not even a single sea port in the entire igbo land. one nigeria my left nyash.
Remember Lagos State government funds the project trough PPP.......
Re: Construction Works Begin At Lekki Deep Sea Port by larex007(m): 4:42pm On Jan 30, 2018
actrinity:

Says who? Do you research before auguring blinding..... The project is funded by Lagos state government tru PPP

1 Like

Re: Construction Works Begin At Lekki Deep Sea Port by Dalighieri: 4:59pm On Jan 30, 2018
You have a state Governor please direct this to him so that he can replicate what Lagos is doing.You mentioned Uk,but can you compare rate of infrastructural development in London with Scotland or Burnley people like you will whip up tribal sentiments to insinuate Fed Gov is citing all the dev projects in a certain part of Nig.In an ideal situation with the population of people who migrate from all over that Lagos state is grappling with they should be getting more than double of what other states get
Sapiosexuality:
I don't understand this country.

Why not spread the wealth rather than make Lagos the only commercial viable state?

Why not open up the entire country for business for opening up ports in other States to full capacity?

I don't mean that thing happening in PH port where you'd need x5 of the money clearing in Lagos will cost you.

Open the entire country for business and watch unemployment and poverty reduced to the lowest value.

We have the Apapa Ports, Tincan Ports, the Badagry Port is on, and now we are on Lekki Sea Port. Isn't this stupidity?

As low as the UK is, there are about 40 Ports evenly distributed but here it's all Lagos and some mediocre system on the other ports.

We can't grow like this. We don't need such clueless economic plan to grow. Spread the ports and open up the country for business.

1 Like

Re: Construction Works Begin At Lekki Deep Sea Port by Dalighieri: 5:03pm On Jan 30, 2018
You have time to be responding.Please ask him if Ambode sent his Gov to use 13% derivation to build stadium.Is Lagos with the population and challenges receiving up to Akwa Ibom? London stands alone as a special city with its own special fund and Mayor they don't face half of the challenges Lagos face daily
larex007:

Says who? Do you research before auguring blinding..... The project is funded by Lagos state government tru PPP

2 Likes

Re: Construction Works Begin At Lekki Deep Sea Port by Lagosfinder(m): 5:54pm On Jan 30, 2018
Jatinzbusinessc:
Then and again another one, but there are Sea cut across all part of the country but why focus on one area only.

No even development and project like this why why why focus on only Lagos when we have river Niger that link the south south and the south east.

I tell you today go get your PVC and let hold our selves responsible.

The project is a lagos state project, its happening in lagos because visianary leaders are in helm of affairs
Re: Construction Works Begin At Lekki Deep Sea Port by Nowenuse: 10:17pm On Jan 30, 2018
Sapiosexuality:
Lololol. Clean up team gets there in 24 hours? Lololol. This is a white lie. A fat one at that. If actually that is the case how did we get to Ogoni? The guys were never violent from the start but the FG and the companies destroyed their psyche and left them with no space of positive growth. How were these guys faring before Saro Wiwa was put to sleep? Why did they develop such nasty attitude? Who made them what they are today. Simple. The FG.

Guy, see, I respect your comments here, but what these guys JefferyJamez and Obailala are telling you about the youths of the SouthSouth and how they have this anti-development character is the pure truth!

I was born and have lived all my life in Warri-Uvwie, Delta state. Sometimes, you just wonder where the community indigenes and youths get their kind of mentality from.

Do you know that for instance, If me as a non indigene and a private individual/business owner, choose to repair or renovate certain amenities or structures like the road in my street, I must first of all settle the youths of the area?....... You can imagine such madness! I am the one who decided to help you guys in areas the govt has failed, but I have to pay you guys first before I help you. After I have perhaps made this payment and these youths have finished the money on alcohol and women, they may come again to request another money, while the work is still going on.
Some of them will boldly tell you that they don't even need any road, that instead, you should give them the money to share amongst themselves and they assume that you have already done the project. You can imagine all this! Sometimes I see all this and my heart just gets broken and wonder where we lost it as a people.

The SouthSouth as a people are not ready for development (the only exception here might be the Akwa Ibom & Cross river people) who have quite a different mentality. But for the rest, it's just almost impossible.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Construction Works Begin At Lekki Deep Sea Port by Rutley(m): 11:07pm On Jan 30, 2018
He said igbo land. Dont mix south-south geo-polical zone with south east. They arent thesame. All those aforementioned states are not igbo. Take note

actrinity:
eastern states that bordered the ocean include cross river, Akwa ibom, rivers, bayelsa.
Re: Construction Works Begin At Lekki Deep Sea Port by Jaguntemmy(m): 7:20am On Jan 31, 2018
actrinity:
and I think Port-Harcourt, bonny & opobo are in yorubaland, not igboland. Maybe u think igboland starts & end with south-east zone, an artificial creation of nigeria govt after the war. You're fast to label Port-Harcourt, bonny or opobo non igboland but fast in claiming ilorin(kwara) & some part of kogi, even itshekiri as a yoruba nation. Hypocrisy at its peak.
OGA I KNOW EVEN LAGOS IS IGBOLAND, ACCORDING TO UNIVERSAL DEVELOPERS OF BIAFRA. BUT ONE THING IS CLEAR, IF NIGERIA IS TO BE DIVIDED, THE PORT-HARCOURT OR BONNY OR OPOBO WILL CHOOSE TO STAY CLEAR, OF THE CHEAT BEATING AND ARROGANT PEOPLE.
AN AVERAGE IGBO MAN CLAIMS EVERY MAN SUCH

Re: Construction Works Begin At Lekki Deep Sea Port by chngebeginwthme: 5:01am On Feb 03, 2018
Sapiosexuality:
Google? But you didn't use Google to tell me it's a State Project. Let's be honest, how do you get the Customs to run a port that's fully state backed? How does that even work?

Kaduna State Government build the dry port..

This Lekki Seaport is a State Project and started during last administration..
Re: Construction Works Begin At Lekki Deep Sea Port by oyatz(m): 3:33pm On Mar 29, 2018
There is no single sea-port in Kwara ,Kogi and Niger States despite the fact that we have River Niger which leads to the Atlantic ocean ...The North-central needs to secceed from Nigeria.

austin2all:
yet not even a single sea port in the entire igbo land. one nigeria my left nyash.
Re: Construction Works Begin At Lekki Deep Sea Port by oyatz(m): 3:43pm On Mar 29, 2018
Gombe and Jigawa States Governments built INTERNATIONAL AIRPORTS (Osun State own is under construction) from the scratch,yet Federal government agencies like Immigration and customs work there to check the movements of goods and persons in and out of Nigeria from those State owned airports.

Sapiosexuality:
A Seaport, without the backing of the FG, is bullshi't. It doesn't exist. Checks and balancing, logistics, etc., will be provided by the FG and not any local militia group or body set up by the state.
Re: Construction Works Begin At Lekki Deep Sea Port by oyatz(m): 3:50pm On Mar 29, 2018
Bros calm down custom service don't run any port.
They only inspect goods coming or going out of the country to ensure the aren't illegal and collect custom duties (a special form of tax) on the goods.

Sapiosexuality:
Google? But you didn't use Google to tell me it's a State Project. Let's be honest, how do you get the Customs to run a port that's fully state backed? How does that even work?
Re: Construction Works Begin At Lekki Deep Sea Port by oyatz(m): 4:06pm On Mar 29, 2018
The FG is favoured by reaping where it didn't sow.

The FG involvement is just to be collecting revenues, why won't they be happy. It will get to a stage, States that have seaports and International airports will be demanding for the rights to collect the revenues on goods that pass through their ports.
Contrary to the conspiracy theory of the FG working against other ports, the FG will be highly favoured if other ports are very viable because FG lose money whenever Nigerians import goods through Cotonou and Lome ports.

Sapiosexuality:
Now I wonder how the FG is not involved if the Customs are involved.
Re: Construction Works Begin At Lekki Deep Sea Port by Stallion93(m): 4:13pm On Mar 29, 2018
Check my signature if interested in buying a land @port Harcourt metropolis
Re: Construction Works Begin At Lekki Deep Sea Port by oyatz(m): 4:16pm On Mar 29, 2018
Enugu was the capital of the old Eastern region but not Enugu State.
Nssuka, Agbani and Awgu were never parts of the capital of Eastern region.

Sapiosexuality:
Lol. This is not logic. It wasn't Lagos that was the capital but Lagos Island? Lololol. More like Abuja is not the capital of Nigeria but just Asokoro. It's not Ikeja that is the capital of Lagos but Alausa. Lol. I won't even argue this or any of the others.
Re: Construction Works Begin At Lekki Deep Sea Port by ausmond(m): 7:31pm On Apr 02, 2018
oyatz:
There is no single sea-port in Kwara ,Kogi and Niger States despite the fact that we have River Niger which leads to the Atlantic ocean ...The North-central needs to secceed from Nigeria.

Hello,

We have an extremely useful platform to help you advertise your company.

Having your company listed at www.nigeriaportnetwork.com will help clients searching online for information concerning port/Maritime/Shipping/Aviation companies in nigeria, thereby increasing your chances of getting MORE clients for your company/business.

With Over 50,000 daily page views

Over 500,000 monthly unique visits

Over two million (2,000,000) monthly page views

About 70% new visitors monthly

We target our listings to audience locally and internationally. Our visitor's aim is to find a reputable port/Maritime/Shipping/Aviation company in nigeria to do business with.

Because most visits are from search engines, 70% of our visitors are new visitors.

So, if a set of audience views your listing this month, another new set of audience views
it the next month — this means more exposure for your Company Listing.

Don't miss out on this BIG opportunity, Visit us NOW! At www.nigeriaportnetwork.com and add your Company.

nigeriaportnetwork@gmail.com
info@nigeriaportnetwork.com
www.nigeriaportnetwork.com
Re: Construction Works Begin At Lekki Deep Sea Port by oyatz(m): 9:36pm On Apr 02, 2018
Thanks bro.
By the regulations of my profession, we can't advertise our companies.

ausmond:

Hello,

We have an extremely useful platform to help you advertise your company.

Having your company listed at www.nigeriaportnetwork.com will help clients searching online for information concerning port/Maritime/Shipping/Aviation companies in nigeria, thereby increasing your chances of getting MORE clients for your company/business.

With Over 50,000 daily page views

Over 500,000 monthly unique visits

Over two million (2,000,000) monthly page views

About 70% new visitors monthly

We target our listings to audience locally and internationally. Our visitor's aim is to find a reputable port/Maritime/Shipping/Aviation company in nigeria to do business with.

Because most visits are from search engines, 70% of our visitors are new visitors.

So, if a set of audience views your listing this month, another new set of audience views
it the next month — this means more exposure for your Company Listing.

Don't miss out on this BIG opportunity, Visit us NOW! At www.nigeriaportnetwork.com and add your Company.

nigeriaportnetwork@gmail.com
info@nigeriaportnetwork.com
www.nigeriaportnetwork.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

We’re Unaware Of Otedola’s Share Acquisitions – FBN Holdings / Bakery Or Poultry: Which Of These Two Businesses Should I Go For? / Lg, Hisense & Nexus Showroom {A Great pl to get your home & business appliances}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.