Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,521 members, 7,836,992 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

Construction Works Begin At Lekki Deep Sea Port - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Construction Works Begin At Lekki Deep Sea Port (22132 Views)

$9bn Dangote Refinery To Begin Test Production By May 2019 Videos / Building And Construction Works At Its Best / NPA Pays $23m Equity Funding In Lekki Deep Seaport Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Construction Works Begin At Lekki Deep Sea Port by Adeyinka12(m): 8:14am On Jan 30, 2018
austin2all:
yet not even a single sea port in the entire igbo land. one nigeria my left nyash.
go and check map and see entire south east region. blame who created that regions

4 Likes

Re: Construction Works Begin At Lekki Deep Sea Port by xponet007(m): 8:14am On Jan 30, 2018
Good development, Lagos is fast moving forward. For those who thinks it should have been sited somewhere else, it is not a federal govt project but Lagos. Unfortunately, other state governors are busy playing politics n d worst tragedy is that people from these states most especially d youth are docile n pointing fingers to d wrong person/direction

4 Likes

Re: Construction Works Begin At Lekki Deep Sea Port by lastempero: 8:15am On Jan 30, 2018
Sapiosexuality:
I don't understand this country.

Why not spread the wealth rather than make Lagos the only commercial viable state?

Why not open up the entire country for business for opening up ports in other States to full capacity?

I don't mean that thing happening in PH port where you'd need x5 of the money clearing in Lagos will cost you.

Open the entire country for business and watch unemployment and poverty reduced to the lowest value.

We have the Apapa Ports, Tincan Ports, the Badagry Port is on, and now we are on Lekki Sea Port. Isn't this stupidity?

As low as the UK is, there are about 40 Ports evenly distributed but here it's all Lagos and some mediocre system on the other ports.

We can't grow like this. We don't need such clueless economic plan to grow. Spread the ports and open up the country for business.

In the voice of Bob marley, they think they can fool all the people all the time.
Re: Construction Works Begin At Lekki Deep Sea Port by agyo(m): 8:15am On Jan 30, 2018
austin2all:
yet not even a single sea port in the entire igbo land. one nigeria my left nyash.

You are funny and a religious bigot. Not far from Buhari and others.

What about the one approved during GEJ time at Onne? Has he completed it?

Or are you denying rivers as not Biafra land today?

5 Likes

Re: Construction Works Begin At Lekki Deep Sea Port by skayT: 8:16am On Jan 30, 2018
Lagos state is fast becoming a country and Nigeria will soon be reduced to a local government let alone a state with the way things are going.
Say NO lipsrsealed to visionless leaders and say YES grin to visionary leaders. Ambode is working, Lagos is working. #AmbodeForSecondTerm.

2 Likes

Re: Construction Works Begin At Lekki Deep Sea Port by gregyboy(m): 8:17am On Jan 30, 2018
Sapiosexuality:

Why not spread the wealth rather than make Lagos the only commercial viable state?

Why not open up the entire country for business for opening up ports in other States to full capacity?

I don't mean that thing happening in PH port where you'd need x5 of the money clearing in Lagos will cost you.

Open the entire country for business and watch unemployment and poverty reduced to the lowest value.

We have the Apapa Ports, Tincan Ports, the Badagry Port is on, and now we are on Lekki Sea Port. Isn't this stupidity?

As low as the UK is, there are about 40 Ports evenly distributed but here it's all Lagos and some mediocre system on the other ports.

We can't grow like this. We don't need such clueless economic plan to grow. Spread the ports and open up the country for business.

They know all this already...they favour thier cohort which the yorubas...if they do for lagos automatically it becomes for tle whole yorubas...favoritism in play
Re: Construction Works Begin At Lekki Deep Sea Port by Afrojuju2017(m): 8:19am On Jan 30, 2018
austin2all:

Lekki deep sea port is funded by the Lagos government and its a PPA

3 Likes

Re: Construction Works Begin At Lekki Deep Sea Port by Afrojuju2017(m): 8:20am On Jan 30, 2018
austin2all:

Lekki deep sea port is funded by the Lagos government and its a PPP project

5 Likes

Re: Construction Works Begin At Lekki Deep Sea Port by CASTOSVILLA(m): 8:20am On Jan 30, 2018
COOLDK:

What about Ports in Crossriver, Delta and Onne?

Are those ones not ports?

May almighty God savage today's youth from illiteracy and never finding out facts before conclusion.

Anyway, let me help you out. Follow this link to know more:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_Ports_Authority
He said Igbo land and those places you mentioned aint Igbo. Your illiteracy stinks5to high heavens

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Construction Works Begin At Lekki Deep Sea Port by Nobody: 8:22am On Jan 30, 2018
austin2all:
Where is the sea in Igbo land. Why do you people like opening sore created by nature?

3 Likes

Re: Construction Works Begin At Lekki Deep Sea Port by Sapiosexuality(m): 8:22am On Jan 30, 2018
lastempero:

In the voice of Bob marley, they think they can fool all the people all the time.
Personally, I think it's silly. Like a mother that deliberately inhibits the growth of her children. Somebody is trying to say these Ports are state projects and you begin to wonder whether there is a body called Lagos State Custom Service that will run the place. A country doesn't grow like this. We need about 6 or more of what you have in Apapa all over the country. Same policy. Same clearing fee. Same system.
Re: Construction Works Begin At Lekki Deep Sea Port by Afrojuju2017(m): 8:25am On Jan 30, 2018
Sapiosexuality:
Lol. State project? Without the backing of the FG it's bullshit. Without the FG to regulate the custom services in the ports it's impossible. State Project? Yes, but with the order of the FG.

You obviously skipper English classes . Consent and order are two very different things. It's is the hardwork of the Omoluabi in Lagos that brought about this project.

There is nothing stopping the " enterprising " Igbo and your many billionaires from developing SE

6 Likes

Re: Construction Works Begin At Lekki Deep Sea Port by chngebeginwthme: 8:26am On Jan 30, 2018
Sapiosexuality:
A Seaport, without the backing of the FG, is bullshi't. It doesn't exist. Checks and balancing, logistics, etc., will be provided by the FG and not any local militia group or body set up by the state.

Use google..
Re: Construction Works Begin At Lekki Deep Sea Port by LaughButton01(m): 8:27am On Jan 30, 2018
Sapiosexuality:
Lol. State project? Without the backing of the FG it's bullshit. Without the FG to regulate the custom services in the ports it's impossible. State Project? Yes, but with the order of the FG.

I mean....

you still don't get it do you?
were you about to start and the fed govt won't approve or you thought the fed govt initiated it
Choi... Nigerian youth

3 Likes

Re: Construction Works Begin At Lekki Deep Sea Port by Afrojuju2017(m): 8:29am On Jan 30, 2018
Sapiosexuality:
Personally, I think it's silly. Like a mother that deliberately inhibits the growth of her children. Somebody is trying to say these Ports are state projects and you begin to wonder whether there is a body called Lagos State Custom Service that will run the place. A country doesn't grow like this. We need about 6 or more of what you have in Apapa all over the country. Same policy. Same clearing fee. Same system.

The only reason federal Customs have to run the place is because the Constitution says that Nigerian customs service is under federal control otherwise I'm sure Lagos state gov would implement a better performing agency to manage the port.

Heathrow airport is private but the UK border force still reign supreme in the affairs of the airport.

Yes we need 6 more ports and it's time the SE and SS governors get serious

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Construction Works Begin At Lekki Deep Sea Port by Sapiosexuality(m): 8:30am On Jan 30, 2018
Afrojuju2017:

You obviously skipper English classes . Consent and order are two very different things. It's is the hardwork of the Omoluabi in Lagos that brought about this project.

There is nothing stopping the " enterprising " Igbo and your many billionaires from developing SE
And who will run this port? The Nigerian Custom Service or who exactly?

And why are you trying to turn it to a tribal banter. Is that an easier way to follow the argument or what exactly?
Re: Construction Works Begin At Lekki Deep Sea Port by Sapiosexuality(m): 8:32am On Jan 30, 2018
chngebeginwthme:

Use google..
Google? But you didn't use Google to tell me it's a State Project. Let's be honest, how do you get the Customs to run a port that's fully state backed? How does that even work?
Re: Construction Works Begin At Lekki Deep Sea Port by evamena: 8:32am On Jan 30, 2018
Sapiosexuality:

when community youths and chiefs will be disturbing business in south south , PH, WARRI AND CALABAR, you want people to come and invest and loss their capital

4 Likes

Re: Construction Works Begin At Lekki Deep Sea Port by Sapiosexuality(m): 8:35am On Jan 30, 2018
LaughButton01:

I mean....

you still don't get it do you?
were you about to start and the fed govt won't approve or you thought the fed govt initiated it
Choi... Nigerian youth
That's not the point here. The point is, is the FG involved or not? Yes or No? If that is agreed on then we can take the argument to why the states are not doing same. Why PH that did same is not enjoying the same support as the Lagos ports. What do you think?
Re: Construction Works Begin At Lekki Deep Sea Port by lastempero: 8:35am On Jan 30, 2018
Sapiosexuality:

It's quite unfortunate that Nigeria is a country because from all indications it's not suppose to be.what you are seeing now its an orchestrated effort to make some set of people to rely on others for their business,fg is suppose to replicate the same in all parts of the region to encourage healthy competition.
Re: Construction Works Begin At Lekki Deep Sea Port by Afrojuju2017(m): 8:36am On Jan 30, 2018
Sapiosexuality:

And why are you trying to turn it to a tribal banter. Is that an easier way to follow the argument or what exactly?

You are the ones that turned it into a tribal banter by insinuating that there is a calculated tribal gangup against the SE and SS.
You intentionally ignored the hardwork , vision and dedication of the SW leadership.

This port was designed and located to feed the inter lands of Ogun through Ogun Oyo and Ondo. The Ondo State government is already planning a super highway that links ondo to Lagos direct within 1hr

That's vision and purpose not some mediocre leadership in the SS and SE.

Those sycophants are still praising Ibori after all his looting of their sovereign wealth

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Construction Works Begin At Lekki Deep Sea Port by Sapiosexuality(m): 8:38am On Jan 30, 2018
Afrojuju2017:

The only reason federal Customs have to run the place is because the Constitution says that Nigerian customs service is under federal control otherwise I'm sure Lagos state gov would implement a better performing agency to manage the port.

Heathrow airport is private but the UK border force still reign supreme in the affairs of the airport.

Yes we need 6 more ports and it's time the SE and SS governors get serious
Very good. This makes sense. But do you really think it's the governors fault? Have you ever tried importing through the PH ports? Do you wonder why people in PH choose Apapa, Lagos?
Re: Construction Works Begin At Lekki Deep Sea Port by Nobody: 8:38am On Jan 30, 2018
Sapiosexuality:

Has any eastern state tried to start one, and was refused by the FG? Didn't Cross River also start an FTZ (Tinapa)? What became of it?

5 Likes

Re: Construction Works Begin At Lekki Deep Sea Port by Sapiosexuality(m): 8:39am On Jan 30, 2018
evamena:

when community youths and chiefs will be disturbing business in south south , PH, WARRI AND CALABAR, you want people to come and invest and loss their capital
Lol. What sort of logic is this? But the country can assess raw crude from these areas. The raw crude that run the country. Why are they even violent? If you were in their shoe do you really think you will act different?
Re: Construction Works Begin At Lekki Deep Sea Port by Badonasty(m): 8:41am On Jan 30, 2018
Sapiosexuality:

I'm sorry if my comment might offend you but I think this is a private sector investment and one thing I believe investors need is security and peace of mind while running their business so who would want to invest in a volatile region rife with kidnapping,thuggery and all sorts of crime...the governors from those state need to do more in order to convince potential investors

1 Like

Re: Construction Works Begin At Lekki Deep Sea Port by steve6: 8:42am On Jan 30, 2018
Nice.
Re: Construction Works Begin At Lekki Deep Sea Port by Sapiosexuality(m): 8:43am On Jan 30, 2018
Afrojuju2017:

You are the ones that turned it into a tribal banter by insinuating that there is a calculated tribal gangup against the SE and SS.
You intentionally ignored the hardwork , vision and dedication of the SW leadership.

This port was designed and located to feed the inter lands of Ogun through Ogun Oyo and Ondo. The Ondo State government is already planning a super highway that links ondo to Lagos direct within 1hr

That's vision and purpose not some mediocre leadership in the SS and SE.

Those sycophants are still praising Ibori after all his looting of their sovereign wealth
I'm sorry but I don't think the growth of Lagos, Abuja, have anything to do with the visionary leadership of the SW or NC leaders. I don't think there's any difference between the leadership of the SW, SS and SE. I can agree the growth of Ogun has a lot to do with the visionary leadership of Ogun State leadership. I hope you don't see this as tribal talk but Lagos is the making of the Leadership of Nigeria right from the colonial era. I hope you don't misinterpret this.
Re: Construction Works Begin At Lekki Deep Sea Port by steve6: 8:43am On Jan 30, 2018
Nice
Re: Construction Works Begin At Lekki Deep Sea Port by Sapiosexuality(m): 8:45am On Jan 30, 2018
Bagehot:

Has any eastern state tried to start one, and was refused by the FG? Didn't Cross River also start an FTZ (Tinapa)? What became of it?
Why must you compare? I'm not speaking for the eastern states but the entire Nigeria. I see no sense in the most smallest state in the country being the only one that is economically viable. It doesn't make any sense to me.
Re: Construction Works Begin At Lekki Deep Sea Port by adedayourt(m): 8:46am On Jan 30, 2018
Sapiosexuality:

As much as I agree with you posit i want you to also be aware that the project doesn't seem to be a federal project but rather a Lagos state govt project partnering with private investors.

What is stopping others states from following suit in the name of evenly developing the country?
Re: Construction Works Begin At Lekki Deep Sea Port by Rekeb: 8:47am On Jan 30, 2018
Sapiosexuality:

Customs doesn't run ports.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

We’re Unaware Of Otedola’s Share Acquisitions – FBN Holdings / Bakery Or Poultry: Which Of These Two Businesses Should I Go For? / My Brother's Shop Was Robbed In Port-Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.