Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,168 members, 7,811,396 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:50 AM

Power Grid Collapses Six Times In Eight Days - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Grid Collapses Six Times In Eight Days (16983 Views)

Boko Haram Cut Off Maiduguri From Power grid / Darkness pervades the country as national grid collapses again / 9 Hours Of Darkness As National Grid Collapses For The 10th Time In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power Grid Collapses Six Times In Eight Days by Johnkay225: 10:11am On Jan 30, 2018
Na today?
Re: Power Grid Collapses Six Times In Eight Days by Reference(m): 10:15am On Jan 30, 2018
usba:
Privatisation of Power outstandingly failed, it didn't attract investment rather it continues to rely on government intervention for stability. This is what happens why Jonathan decides to share our wealth amongst his incompetent friends. The privatisation should be revisited and reviewed.

They have told you severally why investment is not coming in. Instead of addressing the issues ignorant folks like you continue to call names and deflect attention. The government is failing to create the necessary business friendly environment needed to privately build and operate critical infrastructure. It has squandered all the goodwill and political capital it inherited at election in 2015 that will have seen the right pricing of electricity and petroleum products by continuous denials, buck passing, deceit and politricking. Now that the reality has come and its goodwill is all squandered it cannot call for a rise in tarrifs to make electricity a proper business and cannot ask for a rise in fuel prices to make investment in refineries attractive to foreign capital.

So continue to talk rubbish you hear. Your pet government has drawn enough rope to hang itself and like I said in 2015, the best we will get is mere superficial improvements here and there. Nothing will fundamentally change in this rudderless country.

3 Likes

Re: Power Grid Collapses Six Times In Eight Days by jidoex66(m): 10:15am On Jan 30, 2018
6pax:
Hahahahaha grin grin grin
Nigerians are we still hoping for phcn for power ? grin
I just installed more solar panels last week and officially disconnected phcn supply from my home. though very expensive I now enjoy 247power supply. You gata fend for yourself in this country cheesy

Can you pls try to give a brief summary of the cost and total load. We could chat on whatsapp if you care.
Re: Power Grid Collapses Six Times In Eight Days by efficiencie(m): 10:24am On Jan 30, 2018
Must we run a grid system...its high time we dismantle the grid and regionalize power generation, transmission and distribution to meet the demographic, geographical and economic peculiarities of regions...
Re: Power Grid Collapses Six Times In Eight Days by mikeapollo: 10:28am On Jan 30, 2018
Today, Ghana has very stable and excess electricity.
Whereas the so-called ''giant of Africa'' is struggling!

Nigeria's problems would come to an end when ''Nigerians'' begin to think and realize how stupid they have been to allow themselves to be deceived by slogans like '' giant of Africa'' the happiest people in the world'', ''leader of Africa'', etc.
The Nigerian govt. should seek help from countries like Turkey that are very good in power generation. Ghana did it when they had power problems for just about 2-3 years and today they have stabilized their power.
Eat the humble pie and approach other countries for help. It is becoming evidently clearer by the day that Nigerians cannot solve this problem by ourselves.
Re: Power Grid Collapses Six Times In Eight Days by Nobody: 10:42am On Jan 30, 2018
Nigeria is long gone.
Sold in pieces to different buyers (unworthy foreigners) who are gradually taking over
What do you think of a country (with resources) that is never proactive?... a sold country of course
Electricity; a lifeline to every development, Nigeria almighty leaders couldn't perfect in 50+ years.
I am seeing a brand new excuse for failure... it's a known legacy anyway.
Sometimes it is better to start afresh than mending a failed and failing structure.

Until this species of avarice goes extinct, any hope of change is illusory, mere fantasy.
Do you want to live healthy?
hope for NOTHING, not from any mortal man.
Re: Power Grid Collapses Six Times In Eight Days by usba: 10:48am On Jan 30, 2018
[s]
Reference:

They have told you severally why investment is not coming in. Instead of addressing the issues ignorant folks like you continue to call names and deflect attention. The government is failing to create the necessary business friendly environment needed to privately build and operate critical infrastructure. It has squandered all the goodwill and political capital it inherited at election in 2015 that will have seen the right pricing of electricity and petroleum products by continuous denials, buck passing, deceit and politricking. Now that the reality has come and its goodwill is all squandered it cannot call for a rise in tarrifs to make electricity a proper business and cannot ask for a rise in fuel prices to make investment in refineries attractive to foreign capital.

So continue to talk rubbish you hear. Your pet government has drawn enough rope to hang itself and like I said in 2015, the best we will get is mere superficial improvements here and there. Nothing will fundamentally change in this rudderless country.
[/s]

Your tale of pity don't impress me.
Re: Power Grid Collapses Six Times In Eight Days by Rick9(m): 10:50am On Jan 30, 2018
Nigeria generates 100,000,000,000 megawatts of electricity on paper
Re: Power Grid Collapses Six Times In Eight Days by 6pax: 12:05pm On Jan 30, 2018
jidoex66:

Can you pls try to give a brief summary of the cost and total load. We could chat on whatsapp if you care.
Troublemaker007:

How many ba3 do you have and what’s the value of your entire solar power as of now lemme know where to start from.

My brothers this is over three years project cheesy
I actually started small from just two batteries and 2 solar panels now I have about 10 solar and 10 batteries. I also extend the plans to my appliance by getting all energy savings within the three years.
Project cost over the three years cost over 4m.
Re: Power Grid Collapses Six Times In Eight Days by Troublemaker007(m): 12:13pm On Jan 30, 2018
6pax:

My brothers this is over three years project cheesy
I actually started small from just two batteries and 2 solar panels now I have about 10 solar and 10 batteries. I also extend the plans to my appliance by getting all energy savings within the three years.
Project cost over the three years cost over 4m.

Wow! That’s a huge amount of money o. I hope it’s your personal house because if I be ur landlord I will increase your house rent to one million year Lolz.
Re: Power Grid Collapses Six Times In Eight Days by youngyusuff6(m): 12:17pm On Jan 30, 2018
[color=#990000][/color] Eleyi gidi gan..and e go reach month end na we go pay them.. Onyishi na en dm be faa
Re: Power Grid Collapses Six Times In Eight Days by hamzyluv(m): 12:56pm On Jan 30, 2018
lastempero:
Geometric power is ready to improve power supply to aba and it's environs but laying idle just because of some useless laws and inability of the sh*t hole leaders to do something about it.enact laws to liberalise the power sector and encourage private firms to generate electricity and where possible should distribute to people who can afford it.As long as government is still involve in power generation,they can never get it right.
one thing u failed to understand about Nigeria none stable electricity is just because we depend largely on crude (80%) of our national income today depends largely on the total amounts of PMS been sold per day .

Now tell me if we have 24 hours stable electricity , who is going to buy the fuel ? And how are we gonna improve our standard of living ?

My good brother the best solution to this problem is a better governance of which both Buhari and Atiku can't solve till Jesus come ..

Government needs to diversify our economic into 3 different sectors .. Northern state, provision of modern electricity through solar , Agriculture, animal Ranches/colony

Southwest. . Agriculture , major business transaction

South south . . mineral resources control , business promotion , open market

Etc ..

Then the available power supply is even enough
Re: Power Grid Collapses Six Times In Eight Days by 6pax: 1:20pm On Jan 30, 2018
Troublemaker007:

Wow! That’s a huge amount of money o. I hope it’s your personal house because if I be ur landlord I will increase your house rent to one million year Lolz.
Yeah is really huge if you consider the cost as a whole But if you consider the cost of the project per month its less than 100k per month.
How can I have such an array of solar panels in another person's house grin
Re: Power Grid Collapses Six Times In Eight Days by Troublemaker007(m): 1:39pm On Jan 30, 2018
6pax:

Yeah is really huge if you consider the cost as a whole But if you consider the cost of the project per month its less than 100k per month.
How can I have such an array of solar panels in another person's house grin

Now you are talking bro. I live in a 2bedroom apartment. Money nor long reach for me to build yet. Do you think it’s advisable for me to install maybe 2 ba3 inverter in someone’s house? Plus my worries is the panel. I just dey imagine say Landlord drive come one day and see panel stand for him house when I know say the house nor even get parking space for we tenants to park our cars .
Re: Power Grid Collapses Six Times In Eight Days by Reference(m): 2:04pm On Jan 30, 2018
usba:
[s][/s]

It is you and your rudderless government I pity. With a population of 180million and a minimum power consumption of 1200kwh per head as spec by the IEA Nigeria should have a minimum installed capacity of 25,000 megawatts.
Worse still by the UN's estimate on population growth 5 million people will be added to this country in 2018. This means an additional requirement of 700 megawatts for 2018 alone or two decent power plants built and commisioned this year alone or 2100 megawatts since this government was elected in 2015, a minimum just to enjoy our poverty.
So for every hour they spend blaming everyone except themselves they should be installing a 100kva generator for Nigerians.
Remain there ranting you hear. Be looking for arsonists while your house burns to the ground.
Useless people.
Re: Power Grid Collapses Six Times In Eight Days by lastempero: 2:10pm On Jan 30, 2018
hamzyluv:
one thing u failed to understand about Nigeria none stable electricity is just because we depend largely on crude (80%) of our national income today depends largely on the total amounts of PMS been sold per day .

Now tell me if we have 24 hours stable electricity , who is going to buy the fuel ? And how are we gonna improve our standard of living ?

My good brother the best solution to this problem is a better governance of which both Buhari and Atiku can't solve till Jesus come ..

Government needs to diversify our economic into 3 different sectors .. Northern state, provision of modern electricity through solar , Agriculture, animal Ranches/colony

Southwest. . Agriculture , major business transaction

South south . . mineral resources control , business promotion , open market

Etc ..

Then the available power supply is even enough

My man the truth about industrialization is that you need constant supply of electricity to power the industries and mind you the fuel you are talking about is imported into the country from outside so what you are sayung is quite far from the crux of the matter.
Re: Power Grid Collapses Six Times In Eight Days by 6pax: 2:15pm On Jan 30, 2018
Troublemaker007:

Now you are talking bro. I live in a 2bedroom apartment. Money nor long reach for me to build yet. Do you think it’s advisable for me to install maybe 2 ba3 inverter in someone’s house? Plus my worries is the panel. I just dey imagine say Landlord drive come one day and see panel stand for him house when I know say the house nor even get parking space for we tenants to park our cars .
Yeah, you can start with inverter b3 system then later you start adding solar panels.
Re: Power Grid Collapses Six Times In Eight Days by lastempero: 2:17pm On Jan 30, 2018
efficiencie:
Must we run a grid system...its high time we dismantle the grid and regionalize power generation, transmission and distribution to meet the demographic, geographical and economic peculiarities of regions...

The Nigerian govt doesn't believe in anything regional,that's why everything is centralized so that the parasites we be feeding on the host.
Re: Power Grid Collapses Six Times In Eight Days by Troublemaker007(m): 2:36pm On Jan 30, 2018
6pax:

Yeah, you can start with inverter b3 system then later you start adding solar panels.

Wait o! Is the ba3 system different from that of the Solar panel inverter shocked
Re: Power Grid Collapses Six Times In Eight Days by Gboom: 2:53pm On Jan 30, 2018
Nigeria is the full of the same old stories.
The main cause of grid fallout is lack of rainfall, don't let them deceive that they are generating electricity from gas while heavily depend on water dams
Re: Power Grid Collapses Six Times In Eight Days by Ovamboland(m): 2:55pm On Jan 30, 2018
bornolowu:
my brother stop being myopic..transmission was privatised not generation..let this government generate power first , den you can come here to talk shit. And I hope you know who owns Ikeja electri and BEDC!!!

You are misinformed, transmission was never privatised, only Generation and distribution were privatised
Re: Power Grid Collapses Six Times In Eight Days by Reference(m): 2:59pm On Jan 30, 2018
lastempero:

The Nigerian govt doesn't believe in anything regional,that's why everything is centralized so that the parasites we be feeding on the host.

That is the restructuring we constantly advocate. In it everyone decides what he wants. Today even with privatisation the central government still controls everything through its appointed regulator so the people ultmately cannot decide on how they want a service and a product called electricity.

If we were properly structured the people at any level will decide how they want power. They can choose to pool their own generators (generating capacity), they can chose to have an investor do it for them or they can choose to have their local government do it for them via taxes, levies or bonds. They can decide for black energy or green energy. They can choose to have it run as a social service or purely as a business concern.

But what do we have. Bright and enterprising Nigerians forced into the same destiny with dumb and recalcitrant ones and not being able to do anything about it because of the rules of th game. Change the rules and see places such as Lagos and Aba take flight.
Re: Power Grid Collapses Six Times In Eight Days by efficiencie(m): 3:00pm On Jan 30, 2018
lastempero:

very right...they know the right thing to do but their greed will always make them do otherwise...

1 Like

Re: Power Grid Collapses Six Times In Eight Days by jpphilips(m): 3:02pm On Jan 30, 2018
dre11:

http://punchng.com/power-grid-collapses-six-times-in-eight-days/

The grid is collapsing because there is a surge coming from 6 power plants at the same time in an area where the grid is weak, grid collapse isnt news and it doesn't take time to recover because the Gencos can cycle their plants, it s like saying a car is bad because it cold started in the morning. junk journalism.
Re: Power Grid Collapses Six Times In Eight Days by lastempero: 3:05pm On Jan 30, 2018
Reference:

That is the restructuring we constantly advocate. In it everyone decides what he wants. Today even with privatisation the central government still controls everything through its appointed regulator so the people ultmately cannot decide on how they want a service and a product called electricity.

If we were properly structured the people at any level will decide how they want power. They can choose to pool their own generators (generating capacity), they can chose to have an investor do it for them or they can choose to have their local government do it for them via taxes, levies or bonds. They can decide for black energy or green energy. They can choose to have it run as a social service or purely as a business concern.

But what do we have. Bright and enterprising Nigerians forced into the same destiny with dumb and recalcitrant ones and not being able to do anything about it because of the rules of th game. Change the rules and see places such as Lagos and Aba take flight.

From available data,these set of parasites still controls the national assembly that is suppose to call for structuring so permit me to say that restructuring in Nigeria is just a mirage.
Re: Power Grid Collapses Six Times In Eight Days by slowice(m): 3:33pm On Jan 30, 2018
But 2 morrow now uncle Lai n apc goons ll claim that they generated 8000mwtt nonsense
Re: Power Grid Collapses Six Times In Eight Days by jpphilips(m): 3:49pm On Jan 30, 2018
usba:
Privatisation of Power outstandingly failed, it didn't attract investment rather it continues to rely on government intervention for stability. This is what happens why Jonathan decides to share our wealth amongst his incompetent friends. The privatisation should be revisited and reviewed.

That isn't the sad tale of Jonathan's dubious privatization, the saddest part is that the administrators sold us out to the power companies with contractual caveats that can not be broken, so we are in this mess for life!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Power Grid Collapses Six Times In Eight Days by jpphilips(m): 3:57pm On Jan 30, 2018
Reference:

If you don't believe what usba said, then you know nothing about Nigeria's power problems. who told you pricing is the problem? let me guess, those guys that took 750 naira monthly as service charge for 3yrs yet said they have no money for pre paid meters? grin grin what pricing are you talking about? who told you refining isn't a proper business because of pricing?
You just said Buhari has squandered his 2015 political goodwill yet you suggest he gives you the kinda "pricing" that exposes you to global crude shock just to make the phantom refiners happy right? what happens to his political goodwill afterwards, you speak from both compases of your butt cheek

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Power Grid Collapses Six Times In Eight Days by Leopantro: 4:05pm On Jan 30, 2018
usba:
[s][/s]

Re: Power Grid Collapses Six Times In Eight Days by Leopantro: 4:08pm On Jan 30, 2018
usba:
[s][/s]

have given up on this Country

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Obasanjo Is Helping Nigeria Secure Its Future - Osinbajo / Who Is Your Political Role Model/ Mentor In Nigeria Today? / 'You Are Liars' - Dan Fulani To Clerics Who Predicted Buhari’s Failure In 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.