Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,200 members, 7,811,529 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:54 PM

Power Grid Collapses Six Times In Eight Days - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Grid Collapses Six Times In Eight Days (16985 Views)

Boko Haram Cut Off Maiduguri From Power grid / Darkness pervades the country as national grid collapses again / 9 Hours Of Darkness As National Grid Collapses For The 10th Time In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power Grid Collapses Six Times In Eight Days by jpphilips(m): 4:17pm On Jan 30, 2018
Reference:

That is the restructuring we constantly advocate. In it everyone decides what he wants. Today even with privatisation the central government still controls everything through its appointed regulator so the people ultmately cannot decide on how they want a service and a product called electricity.

If we were properly structured the people at any level will decide how they want power. They can choose to pool their own generators (generating capacity), they can chose to have an investor do it for them or they can choose to have their local government do it for them via taxes, levies or bonds. They can decide for black energy or green energy. They can choose to have it run as a social service or purely as a business concern.

But what do we have. Bright and enterprising Nigerians forced into the same destiny with dumb and recalcitrant ones and not being able to do anything about it because of the rules of th game. Change the rules and see places such as Lagos and Aba take flight.

The problem I always read from your post is this, you sit somewhere say, Oshogbo with only access to a cheap internet, you have no clue how the process works neither do you have a clue how it happens elsewhere, all you do is come online, rant, expose your illiteracy, disgrace yourself, continue in your cave, that's all.
here is the sad part, even when folks that understand the process are calling you to order, the emptiness in your head swirls around in a direction that every sane person wont wish to head, then i ask, to what end?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Grid Collapses Six Times In Eight Days by jpphilips(m): 4:34pm On Jan 30, 2018
mikeapollo:
Today, Ghana has very stable and excess electricity.
Whereas the so-called ''giant of Africa'' is struggling!

Nigeria's problems would come to an end when ''Nigerians'' begin to think and realize how stupid they have been to allow themselves to be deceived by slogans like '' giant of Africa'' the happiest people in the world'', ''leader of Africa'', etc.
The Nigerian govt. should seek help from countries like Turkey that are very good in power generation. Ghana did it when they had power problems for just about 2-3 years and today they have stabilized their power.
Eat the humble pie and approach other countries for help. It is becoming evidently clearer by the day that Nigerians cannot solve this problem by ourselves.

90% of ghanaian Gas power plants are fired by our own WAPCO, same for Niger and Togo, but I tell you what, the power infrastructures of all these countries put together can not serve 5 major cities in Nigeria.
Im not saying we can't do better infrastructure wise, i'm only saying that if you are anywhere close to rational thinking, you are obeying the law of madness by comparing Nigeria with ghana in terms of electricity supply.

What we call epileptic supply in Nigeria will incinerate ghana if you understand how that business works. Ghana could deliver for major cities with the size and population of a Nigerian street, then chaps like you will thin out in praise whereas there are places bigger than Accra & Temale put together that have steady supply in Nigeria, how about we compare Accra & Temale with bonny Island?

Most of the chaps complaining about our power situation online still vote for PDP, they still love Jonathan, most of them hero worship him, but once you ask them, have you read the document jonathan signed with these power companies that handed us darkness, nobody will care.
I am happy that the life and times of pdp is biting the same people that lick their Anus, the bad news is that they want APC to do the magic, perhaps after 2019, they will come to the sane conclusion that where PDP under jonathan left us will take APC another 10yrs to start let alone undo anything, I thought fashola the muscle man said he can untie the power caveat abi? let him try first, the so called youth don't know anything about their country, they come online to vent their frustrations with a pitch of ignorance.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Power Grid Collapses Six Times In Eight Days by kpolli(m): 5:31pm On Jan 30, 2018
So how come some people here claim they have had light constantly for 24 hours a day, na Benin Republic them dey get their power from
Re: Power Grid Collapses Six Times In Eight Days by usba: 5:48pm On Jan 30, 2018
jpphilips:

If you don't believe what usba said, then you know nothing about Nigeria's power problems. who told you pricing is the problem? let me guess, those guys that took 750 naira monthly as service charge for 3yrs yet said they have no money for pre paid meters? grin grin what pricing are you talking about? who told you refining isn't a proper business because of pricing?
You just said Buhari has squandered his 2015 political goodwill yet you suggest he gives you the kinda "pricing" that exposes you to global crude shock just to make the phantom refiners happy right? what happens to his political goodwill afterwards, you speak from both compases of your butt cheek

I had to ignore him, a lot of people use anger not reason to operate.
Re: Power Grid Collapses Six Times In Eight Days by 6pax: 6:23pm On Jan 30, 2018
Troublemaker007:

Wait o! Is the ba3 system different from that of the Solar panel inverter shocked

Yeah, your solar is to charge your batteries which you can do with your phcn.
Re: Power Grid Collapses Six Times In Eight Days by Troublemaker007(m): 6:36pm On Jan 30, 2018
6pax:

Yeah, your solar is to charge your batteries which you can do with your phcn.

I am a bit lost please. If I should get a solar panel then there will be no need for me to use Phcn and charge it. Am I missing something here?
Re: Power Grid Collapses Six Times In Eight Days by 6pax: 7:02pm On Jan 30, 2018
Troublemaker007:

I am a bit lost please. If I should get a solar panel then there will be no need for me to use Phcn and charge it. Am I missing something here?
OK let me explain, to get the whole may be way expensive. Am just advising starting with inverter b3 bank then later you may start adding on solar panels to finally tell phcn bye-bye
Re: Power Grid Collapses Six Times In Eight Days by PointB: 7:18pm On Jan 30, 2018
Rocket Science! grin
Re: Power Grid Collapses Six Times In Eight Days by Troublemaker007(m): 7:42pm On Jan 30, 2018
6pax:

OK let me explain, to get the whole may be way expensive. Am just advising starting with inverter b3 bank then later you may start adding on solar panels to finally tell phcn bye-bye

Omg! Now I fully understand. No wonder so many people are using panel here in Warri. It didn’t cross my mind at all. Thanks a lot for this info, I really appreciate. I will have to start with 2-3 ba3.
Re: Power Grid Collapses Six Times In Eight Days by hamzyluv(m): 11:50am On Jan 31, 2018
lastempero:

My man the truth about industrialization is that you need constant supply of electricity to power the industries and mind you the fuel you are talking about is imported into the country from outside so what you are saying is quite far from the crux of the matter.
importation is not what a saying here ,, am talking about consumption of the commodity (PMS) .. with constant electricity how many barrel of PMS will Nigeria consume on daily basis ?

And our major production in Nigeria is Fuel (PMS)
Re: Power Grid Collapses Six Times In Eight Days by lastempero: 11:57am On Jan 31, 2018
hamzyluv:
importation is not what a saying here ,, am talking about consumption of the commodity (PMS) .. with constant electricity how many barrel of PMS will Nigeria consume on daily basis ?

And our major production in Nigeria is Fuel (PMS)

For the record My brother,we don't produce fuel we import fuel into nigeria.
Re: Power Grid Collapses Six Times In Eight Days by Lisaint(m): 2:28pm On Jan 31, 2018
Can anyone explain this please

How will it affect Power Genrration,transmission and Distribution

I thought there is a law that say each State must generate and send to the national Grid

How is LASG gonna fight of FG on this?

Lagos assembly okays laws to boost electricity

https://guardian.ng/news/lagos-assembly-okays-laws-to-boost-electricity-land-use-charge/
Re: Power Grid Collapses Six Times In Eight Days by TourismMan(m): 9:07pm On Feb 01, 2018
Leopantro:

just 3 days? you are very lucky. here it's 2 weeks
I sent you mail Sir.
Re: Power Grid Collapses Six Times In Eight Days by Leopantro: 11:20pm On Feb 01, 2018
TourismMan:

I sent you mail Sir.
seen it. sent a reply
Re: Power Grid Collapses Six Times In Eight Days by TourismMan(m): 7:09am On Feb 02, 2018
Leopantro:

seen it. sent a reply
Sent a question-kind of mail pls. Check and reply please.
Re: Power Grid Collapses Six Times In Eight Days by Geniro: 10:03am On Feb 10, 2018
jpphilips:

90% of ghanaian Gas power plants are fired by our own WAPCO, same for Niger and Togo, but I tell you what, the power infrastructures of all these countries put together can not serve 5 major cities in Nigeria.
Im not saying we can't do better infrastructure wise, i'm only saying that if you are anywhere close to rational thinking, you are obeying the law of madness by comparing Nigeria with ghana in terms of electricity supply.

What we call epileptic supply in Nigeria will incinerate ghana if you understand how that business works. Ghana could deliver for major cities with the size and population of a Nigerian street, then chaps like you will thin out in praise whereas there are places bigger than Accra & Temale put together that have steady supply in Nigeria, how about we compare Accra & Temale with bonny Island?

Most of the chaps complaining about our power situation online still vote for PDP, they still love Jonathan, most of them hero worship him, but once you ask them, have you read the document jonathan signed with these power companies that handed us darkness, nobody will care.
I am happy that the life and times of pdp is biting the same people that lick their Anus, the bad news is that they want APC to do the magic, perhaps after 2019, they will come to the sane conclusion that where PDP under jonathan left us will take APC another 10yrs to start let alone undo anything, I thought fashola the muscle man said he can untie the power caveat abi? let him try first, the so called youth don't know anything about their country, they come online to vent their frustrations with a pitch of ignorance.

My guy shut up there. Jonathan PDP this,Jonathan that. What has your Buhari done so far? What infrastructure has he put in place to show things will get better.

You have proven Pseudo intellectualism leads to horrible mistakes.

Your ilk were among the intellectuals citing body language for the improved power supply in 2015.
Shame.

1 Like

Re: Power Grid Collapses Six Times In Eight Days by jpphilips(m): 8:03pm On Feb 12, 2018
Geniro:

My guy shut up there. Jonathan PDP this,Jonathan that. What has your Buhari done so far? What infrastructure has he put in place to show things will get better.

You have proven Pseudo intellectualism leads to horrible mistakes.

Your ilk were among the intellectuals citing body language for the improved power supply in 2015.
Shame.

your point is?
Re: Power Grid Collapses Six Times In Eight Days by Geniro: 10:44pm On Mar 12, 2018
jpphilips:

your point is?

Shut the hell up.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Who Is Your Political Role Model/ Mentor In Nigeria Today? / PDP Presidential Campaign Rally In Yobe (360° View Video & Pictures) / Okorocha To Imo Women: Circumcise Your Daughter And Go To Jail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.