Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,521 members, 7,826,961 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) (47454 Views)

TEMI {MINE} All About True Love And True Betrayal! By Temioluwa Kenny / PERFIDY- A STORY OF LOVE,BETRAYAL AND DECEIT / Fierce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by Nobody: 6:52am On Feb 01, 2018
pu7pl3:

Ok keep up the good work pretty smiley
wink Thanks dear smiley Good morning
Hope you slept well?
Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by pu7pl3(m): 9:33am On Feb 01, 2018
Gucciqueen38:
wink Thanks dear smiley Good morning

Hope you slept well?

Yea...kept seeing gucci on me in my dreams smiley
Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by Nobody: 10:19am On Feb 01, 2018
pu7pl3:

Yea...kept seeing gucci on me in my dreams smiley
shocked
Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by pu7pl3(m): 11:03am On Feb 01, 2018
Gucciqueen38:
shocked

Its a good thing right
Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by BiadeFolar(m): 11:04am On Feb 01, 2018
Three

Jaye and friends had made it a regular ritual to hangout on Saturdays. Since they failed to agree on a venue, whether home or away or by rotation. they appointed a neutral venue- ‘Palace de Fun’ (PDF). At PDF, they played tennis and argued. It was a moment to unwind and of course argue.

One Saturday, Jaye got to PDF before his friends. This afforded him the opportunity to explore the place. He wandered through crowds of twos and threes doing their version of what Jaye and co did every Saturday- have fun, but minus the arguments. Each crowd did its thing- tennis, soccer, cards, swimming, etc, its own way.

Not far from the food boot, a couple in the grass, at the base of a Pine tree. They were lost in their world of ecstasy and cupid euphoria. They laughed and giggled, kissed and pulled each other’s noses. There in the sea of people they displayed their affection openly.
Jaye stood and watched them as they fed each other pop corn. His eyes had pity in them. “What an unlucky guy” He said to himself. As if he had thought out loud and had been heard, the boy walked towards him with determined steps and a serious look on his face.
“Care for a brief lecture” the boy said in a surprisingly big voice.
Not knowing what to make of the scene, Jaye kept mute.

“You can't be dumb. If you are, then your case is understandable. It will take only a dumb ass to stare lustily at another man's woman right in front of him. I forgive you this one time, next time, I will not take being dumb as an excuse" he said and returned to his partner.

"Sorry…” for your misfortune and level of mediocrity, he wanted to say but something guided his mouth to say “for the misunderstanding” and left.

As he walked through the park aimlessly, he wondered what part of the boy's brain had been affected by God-knows-what. Was this stupidity inspired by love or the boy was exactly what he was, love or not? Did stupidity arrive with being a boyfriend? Were girlfriends that awesome that not wanting to lose them make someone turn out this way? He wanted to know but he didn't know how to.

This pissed him off the more. He would kill the slowpoke if he had a gun. He thought about telling the guys when they arrive, they could help teach the guy a lesson. No, that would make him a coward. That was if his friends did not argue on the how to deal with him. He decided the experience was better managed silently and individually instead of inviting the exaggerative awareness of his friends. David would even visit the unwanted topic. ‘Why don't you get yourself a babe too?’ he might taunt. He'd rather pretend nothing happened.

2 Likes

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by BiadeFolar(m): 11:22am On Feb 01, 2018
He got to their usual spot and sat absentmindedly in a plastic chair. What's even my stress about that shit? The guy is just an idiot, nothing more. He thought aloud.
“Which guy” Adams asked in his Ahujja voice.

Unknown to Jaye, his friends had arrived and they had witnessed his encounter with the boy. They were enjoying the show and keenly following it.

It was Adams’ voice that enabled his conscious awareness. He decided he didn’t need to tell them about the experience earlier.

“Never mind, it’s just some stupid boy but trust me I’ve got it under my sleeve”

“Fair enough. We should get to why we're here.” David offered.

“Yeah” Jaye said. ready to put the ugly scene behind him.

Jaye made for the tennis table to be the first to hold the bat and ensure he was one of the starting pair but to his surprise, no one struggled for the second bat- uncharacteristic of either David or Adams.

“Dude, we're not here to play tennis” David started

“We're playing love today” Adams loudly concluded.

“Playing love...” Jaye said in a tone that sounded more like a statement than a question and before he could continue, he realised David and Adams both had a girl with them, David had Bisi with him and Adams came with another girl whom Jaye had never met. Rihanat was there too, unaccompanied. Obviously, it was a set up. Rihanat was brought for him.

“These rogue friends that I have got!” Jaye thought of how to get rid of his friends. Not today though, this crime of theirs had come handy. At least that stupid boy would know it was not like he didn't have a girlfriend too. So he decided to tag along. He took Rihanat's hand and went in the direction of the popcorn vendor.

The plan was a win-win for all parties involved. David and Adams finally got a girl for their friend or so they thought. Bisi helped her friend, Rihanat got her love, and Jaye got someone with which he could trump mediocrity.

Read the next drop at http://biadefola.com.ng/2018/02/switched-story-of-a-fierce-battle-between-desperate-infatuation-and-true-love-4/
or buy the whole chunk at https://www.okadabooks.com/book/about/switched/17272

3 Likes

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by Nobody: 3:44pm On Feb 01, 2018
pu7pl3:

Its a good thing right
Hmmm
Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by Nobody: 3:45pm On Feb 01, 2018
Weldone ooo
Thanks for the update
Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by BiadeFolar(m): 4:55pm On Feb 01, 2018
Gucciqueen38:
Weldone ooo

Thanks for the update

Thanks for following sweetie
Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by TheBlessedMAN: 9:29am On Feb 02, 2018
hun hun...throats my clear...sorry...I mean Clear my throats.... Boss...we don land o. Oya make I go start to dey read...b4 ah drop comment.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by BiadeFolar(m): 10:47am On Feb 02, 2018
TheBlessedMAN:
hun hun...throats my clear...sorry...I mean Clear my throats.... Boss...we don land o. Oya make I go start to dey read...b4 ah drop comment.

Boss of life is here! I dey goose bombs no boko, lol
Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by BiadeFolar(m): 10:51am On Feb 02, 2018
Four

Everyone other than Jaye thought he was in love. His friends thought his actions were those of a man in love and were happy that they had made it happen. He thought he was behaving like a gentle man. He was simply respecting Rihanat and her feelings. He couldn’t just hurt her because he was not in love with her.

Actually, he believed there was nothing like a man falling in love, only teenagers fall in love. He was only being rational about the whole stuff. After all, the girl was beautiful and homely. What else would a man want?

The way he saw it, he was only holding on to a beautiful girl with respect but others saw otherwise. They saw two people in love. Rihanat and Jaye were so one. They went everywhere together, did everything together and practically lived together. The bond was so massive that people wished to find love as beautiful as theirs.

They had been together for about three months when Jaye was called up for NYSC service. At this point they had seemed inseparable. They rarely left each other’s sight. Rihanat had tears in her eyes the day Jaye left for orientation camp. In the company of his friends, Jaye got to the car park with Rihanat. She vaguely hoped the orientation exercise would be called off. She knew it was not going to happen so she simply begged with a heartache that seemed incurable.

“Come home immediately the camp is over” She said, hugging him tightly like she could be absorbed into him. She wouldn’t let go of him.

“I will try” Jaye replied.

He couldn’t wait to get away from the whole touchy stuff. It was not in his plan to go back home after the three weeks orientation but would say anything to escape. He wouldn’t risk his life travelling up and down. Nassarawa was not Osogbo. Apart from the distance, he had to register and sort out his PPA, secure accommodation and put efforts into settling down. He had a lot in his mind to consider before giving any thought of returning home a chance. It was going to be his new home for the next twelve months, he wouldn’t rush back home.
But he dared not tell her. He simply massaged her ego.

“I can’t imagine life without you” he said into her right ear with as much emotion as he could muster.

He took out his scarf and wiped off the tears off Rihanat's face.

“It’s okay. I’m not going there to die. We'll see again” he assured her.

“Ok. Stay safe. I will miss you…” she stopped talking as she battled to stop tears from trickling down her eyes, probably she realised the tears came the more she talked.

Jaye was getting embarrassed, he kissed her on the forehead and made to go but she grabbed him back and threw her face on his chest and gave a shivering sob.

David and Adams watched on with mixed feelings, torn in between getting mad that Jaye ignored them or be happy that the union they caused was thriving.

Adams couldn’t tell if he was happy or not. He loved the girl but she didn't love him back. He wanted her to be happy anyways and she seemed happy with his friend, that was kind of okay but now she was hurt because that friend was going far away. He felt bad that she cried and at the same time felt good that he would be able to occupy the space Jaye had once eroded and would soon be vacating. He would be closer to his love friend once again.
TBC

2 Likes

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by BiadeFolar(m): 10:56am On Feb 02, 2018
Adams was in the middle of deciding whether to be sad for the girl or be happy for himself when the driver interrupted with a jibe at the couple.

“You go talk the rest for phone, leave the fine boy alone anti Ruth” the driver threw, causing everybody except the couple and those that didn’t hear him to laugh.
The bus was already full and passengers had to pay fares and fill the manifest.
Jaye broke away from his girlfriend and hugged his boyfriends. He tactfully avoided a supposed friendly pat on the back from Adams. No one would wish to nurse a pain on the shoulder through an eight hours journey.
They wished him a safe journey and went back home.

Jaye took one of the two front seats, paid the fare and collected the manifest (tabularized sheets of paper stacked with staple pins which contained columns for name, home address, take off location, destination, phone number as well as the name and phone number of who to call in case of an emergency).

As he lifted his head to hand over the manifest to the driver, he saw a lady approaching the vehicle. She seemed unreal. Her fair skin glowed and he imagined seeing himself through it. She had the face of a goddess- the pointed nose, full lips and even the big eye balls. Everything was perfectly placed. She looked extremely beautiful. He had never seen anything or anyone so beautiful. His heart beat faster.

It was another gag from the driver who was tired of waiting for him to handover the manifest that brought him back to reality. He was in the middle of handling over the manifest when he saw the lady. His hand just got stuck there, outstretched neither giving nor withdrawing. He just paused there dazed.

"Ogbeni give me the paper jare! I no get time for this” the driver shouted and he oozed out of his blankness.
The break from the trance was short lived. As he handed over the manifest, he saw the girl walking towards him (he thought she was walking towards him) and by the time she got close, he had changed from the Jaye that took ladies for granted. This was no ordinary woman he concluded. He was preparing his thoughts on what to tell her when he realised she wasn’t coming to him but the driver.

“Please can I get a seat? I'm going to Abuja.” The girl said. Her voice was sweet and tiny.

“This bus don full o, go join the next turn” the driver said without looking at the girl.

He was more concerned about the fares he was gathering from passengers but the girl persisted. She patted him on the shoulder.

“Please find me a spot. I won’t mind if I have to squeeze” she pleaded but the driver didn’t have her time.

“Abeg go join the next bus.” He yelled at her without even looking back.
As the girl turned to go, Jaye jumped out of his seat and grabbed her in a rather impulsive manner. He wasn't himself anymore. He saw the shock on the girl’s face and quickly realised what he had done. He released her arm and began talking.

“I'm sorry for that please. I am not always like this. I just…” he ran out of words as he attempted to make amends. “I have blown this before I could even take a shot.” He told himself.

“It's Ok.” She was trying all her best not to be rude, but the disappointment of having to join an empty bus was not helping.

“But what do you want?" She asked and asked in her head “if you are not always like this, then what’s wrong with you?”

“My name is Jaye…” he paused as if giving her time to process that information “Really, I've never seen anyone this beautiful…” he paused again this time pondering on which line to pull next. He eventually stumbled on some words “and erm… I'll like to… erm… see you again.” He managed to submit, mentally surprised by the sudden dearth of words but it was not the time to fix that, he took out his phone to collect her phone number.

“My name is Hadiza. I should say it is nice meeting you. But please, I don't give my number to strangers. If you will excuse me” she said and turned to go.

“Well, if you don't mind I can vacate my seat for you. I'm not in a hurry” he didn't know when or how he said those words but he immediately hated himself for saying them.

“Sure. Thanks” she said thinking the guy must be some fool after all. But she won't mind taking advantage.
The driver looked at Jaye with a mixture of utter pity and anger as he unloaded his luggage. He was angry that he had to go through the stress of unloading and reloading. He pitied him for being so foolish despite his good looks.

If you can't wait, read the next drop at http://biadefola.com.ng/2018/02/switched-story-of-a-fierce-battle-between-desperate-infatuation-and-true-love-5/

Buy the whole chunk at https://www.okadabooks.com/book/about/switched/17272

3 Likes

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by Nobody: 1:03pm On Feb 02, 2018
BiadeFolar:

Thanks for following sweetie
You are welcome wink
Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by shurley22(f): 2:55pm On Feb 02, 2018
Nice story you've got here

1 Like

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by emilykang(f): 3:02pm On Feb 02, 2018
Lovely story... Enjoy other interesting stories, poetry, follow series on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

#Read!
Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by BiadeFolar(m): 9:14pm On Feb 02, 2018
shurley22:
Thanks ma'am
Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by BiadeFolar(m): 9:15pm On Feb 02, 2018
shurley22:
Thanks ma'am
Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by BiadeFolar(m): 9:17pm On Feb 02, 2018
emilykang:
Lovely story... Enjoy other interesting stories, poetry, follow series on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

#Read!
Where is itsandi?
Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by BiadeFolar(m): 3:38pm On Feb 03, 2018
Five

Jaye watched as the bus he was supposed to board zoomed off. He felt very stupid. He had to wait for seventeen more passengers. The girl for whom he vacated his seat didn’t give him simple attention not to talk of phone number. He sat there, alone, in the front seat of an empty eighteen sitter bus, cursing his stupidity and regretting everything he had done that morning.

He couldn’t be angrier at himself. His trip would be delayed all because of a stupid sacrifice who would not even release her contact. The beautiful witch didn’t even smile.

Bad enough, there was no chance of meeting her again. She was going to Abuja and he was going to Nassarawa. He hoped he could just run into her again but the wish disappeared as quickly as it came to him. It was never going to happen.

Probably it was delirium or faith, he decided to save her name on his phone contact list. He put 080 in the column for number and Hadiza in the one for name, he would update it when not if they meet.

The faith he had in meeting her again was not as strong as the guilt he felt for what all of the situation meant to the relationship he had with Rihanat. He did not need to be reminded that he was not in love with Rihanat but then he was bewildered that he would have to break her heart. She didn’t deserve that.

“Maybe it is cool that that babe acted the way she did.” He told himself. He felt happy that he hadn’t done something that would hurt Rihanat and felt even more confused that he was so concerned about someone he didn’t love.

As he sat there waiting for the bus to get filled up, his mind went back to the moments prior to the complications, when he used to enjoy the independence of being single, absence of expectations and commitments. When he used to be free and fly. He missed those days.

But also, the fact that he was with Rihanat freed him from the disturbance of his friends. Since they felt they were even, they let him be. Another thing he enjoyed was the fact that Rihanat had somehow figured him out. He knew what he wanted and when he wanted it, when he wanted to be alone and when he needed company. She understood him so much even more than his meddling friends.

He couldn’t choose which was the best phase of his life was. When he was free or when he had someone who totally understood him.

Hadiza served further as a variable of confusion in the whole issue. He couldn’t tell if he would meet her again but he was not ruling it out. His mind kept nursing the fantasy of meeting her again.

He got lost in the midst of his confusion and thoughts that he was not conscious of the fact people were entering the bus and before he knew it, the bus was full. He paid the fare and filled the manifest. After some minutes he was on his way to Abuja.

Thoughts of Hadiza kept popping up but he deliberately kept replacing them with that of Rihanat. By the time he got to Okenne in Kogi State, he had concluded that Hadiza was just sent as a distraction and Rihanat was the real deal. He decided to listen to music but the thoughts from his mind grew louder than the sound from the earphones.

At about seven o’clock in the evening, he got to Keffi. It was late and dark when he got to the orientation camp but not too dark to hide the “Welcome to Magaji Dan Ya Musa” welcome sign at the entrance of the orientation camp.

Three weeks of regimental life did not afford him the space and calm to dwell on his emotional snag. He attended parades, sat for lectures, visited the Mami, did platoon activities, made new friends and learnt a bit of Hausa. In the midst of everything, he didn’t miss a day without talking to Rihanat. She called him every morning and evening and told him how much she missed him.

At the end of the orientation he was posted to Boulevard High School in Dakata Kawaji Street, Akwanga, Nassarawa state. He found his way to the school the following Monday. The name of the school and the structure of it did not match his expectation. He was expecting some posh school but what he found was some regular collection of classrooms.

There were six blocks of classrooms. Each block had two classes. There was the staffroom and the Principal’s office, all built in simple rectangular shapes, painted cream colour. There was a neatly trimmed lawn. That was it.

Though he wasn’t too impressed by the structure, he felt the humility of the school’s structure probably robbed off on its people or there was something important about him. The moment they saw him, the junior students called corper! corper! And the senior ones looked at him with admiration.

He approached one of them and extended his hand for a handshake. The shy boy hesitantly shook hands with him.

“How are you fine boy? Please where is the Principal’s office?” he asked looking curiously around.

“Over there sir, let me take you” the boy ran ahead of him eagerly as if he was on some life’s important mission.

Jaye watched as the bus he was supposed to board zoomed off. He felt very stupid. He had to wait for seventeen more passengers. The girl for whom he vacated his seat didn’t give him simple attention not to talk of phone number. He sat there, alone, in the front seat of an empty eighteen sitter bus, cursing his stupidity and regretting everything he had done that morning.

He couldn’t be angrier at himself. His trip would be delayed all because of a stupid sacrifice who would not even release her contact. The beautiful witch didn’t even smile.

Bad enough, there was no chance of meeting her again. She was going to Abuja and he was going to Nassarawa. He hoped he could just run into her again but the wish disappeared as quickly as it came to him. It was never going to happen.

Probably it was delirium or faith, he decided to save her name on his phone contact list. He put 080 in the column for number and Hadiza in the one for name, he would update it when not if they meet.

The faith he had in meeting her again was not as strong as the guilt he felt for what all of the situation meant to the relationship he had with Rihanat. He did not need to be reminded that he was not in love with Rihanat but then he was bewildered that he would have to break her heart. She didn’t deserve that.

“Maybe it is cool that that babe acted the way she did.” He told himself. He felt happy that he hadn’t done something that would hurt Rihanat and felt even more confused that he was so concerned about someone he didn’t love.

As he sat there waiting for the bus to get filled up, his mind went back to the moments prior to the complications, when he used to enjoy the independence of being single, absence of expectations and commitments. When he used to be free and fly. He missed those days.

But also, the fact that he was with Rihanat freed him from the disturbance of his friends. Since they felt they were even, they let him be. Another thing he enjoyed was the fact that Rihanat had somehow figured him out. He knew what he wanted and when he wanted it, when he wanted to be alone and when he needed company. She understood him so much even more than his meddling friends.

He couldn’t choose which was the best phase of his life was. When he was free or when he had someone who totally understood him.

Hadiza served further as a variable of confusion in the whole issue. He couldn’t tell if he would meet her again but he was not ruling it out. His mind kept nursing the fantasy of meeting her again.

He got lost in the midst of his confusion and thoughts that he was not conscious of the fact people were entering the bus and before he knew it, the bus was full. He paid the fare and filled the manifest. After some minutes he was on his way to Abuja.

Thoughts of Hadiza kept popping up but he deliberately kept replacing them with that of Rihanat. By the time he got to Okenne in Kogi State, he had concluded that Hadiza was just sent as a distraction and Rihanat was the real deal. He decided to listen to music but the thoughts from his mind grew louder than the sound from the earphones.

At about seven o’clock in the evening, he got to Keffi. It was late and dark when he got to the orientation camp but not too dark to hide the “Welcome to Magaji Dan Ya Musa” welcome sign at the entrance of the orientation camp.

Three weeks of regimental life did not afford him the space and calm to dwell on his emotional snag. He attended parades, sat for lectures, visited the Mami, did platoon activities, made new friends and learnt a bit of Hausa. In the midst of everything, he didn’t miss a day without talking to Rihanat. She called him every morning and evening and told him how much she missed him.

At the end of the orientation he was posted to Boulevard High School in Dakata Kawaji Street, Akwanga, Nassarawa state. He found his way to the school the following Monday. The name of the school and the structure of it did not match his expectation. He was expecting some posh school but what he found was some regular collection of classrooms.

There were six blocks of classrooms. Each block had two classes. There was the staffroom and the Principal’s office, all built in simple rectangular shapes, painted cream colour. There was a neatly trimmed lawn. That was it.

Though he wasn’t too impressed by the structure, he felt the humility of the school’s structure probably robbed off on its people or there was something important about him. The moment they saw him, the junior students called corper! corper! And the senior ones looked at him with admiration.

He approached one of them and extended his hand for a handshake. The shy boy hesitantly shook hands with him.

“How are you fine boy? Please where is the Principal’s office?” he asked looking curiously around.

“Over there sir, let me take you” the boy ran ahead of him eagerly as if he was on some life’s important mission.

2 Likes

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by BiadeFolar(m): 3:41pm On Feb 03, 2018
The Principal was a chubby man in his late sixties. He had a rectangular plate on his table on which ‘Omo Oduduwa’ was scribbled. Jaye immediately felt at home at the sight of the plate and words on it. The man looked up and saw Jaye all kit up in NYSC suit.

“Ajuwaya! Ina kwana?” he said a voice that betrayed his chubby looks.

All the feeling of home disappeared from Jaye as he heard the ‘ina kwana’.

“I’m sorry sir. I don’t speak Hausa.” He replied wanting to sit down but not knowing whether he could go ahead.

“Well you should learn some.” The principal said, apparently enjoying the moment.

Jaye couldn’t think of an appropriate response. He could only smile.

“Please, sit down.” He offered at last pointing to a plastic chair in front of him.

“How can I be of help to you?” he asked knowing already what brought people like Jaye to his office.

“I was posted here sir.” He reached for the transparent plastic bag where he kept his documents and produced his posting letter.

“Jayeola Subair! So, omo Yoruba ni e? You resemble ibo people o.” he spoke Yoruba fluently but his Hausa tongue did not fail to prevail.

Jaye smiled and rubbed his knuckles.

“Beeni sir, omo Yoruba ni mi” he replied.

“Well that’s good. You know I served NYSC in Osun state, Ile-Ife to be precise. The people are so nice in fact I married one of their daughters and made my daughter school in university of Ife. She will soon go to service like you” he said beaming.

Mr. Salisu felt good anytime he met a Yoruba man.

“I’m from Osun State sir” he said all smiles. He was starting feeling at home again. “From Ede sir” he added.

“ehn ehn! toh! Ina farin ciki, Go on and settle this NYSC business first. Check the next office by your right, it is the vice principal’s office. She will direct you on what to do.” He said, feeling like he had met a long lost brother.

“Make sure you see me later” he said poking the air in the direction of Jaye for emphasis sake.

“I will, sir.” He said, beaming. He had found a father in a foreign land.

The vice principal didn’t take much of his time. She appended her signature in column to indicate the corps member has been accepted. The slip at the base of the letter that the acceptance or rejection of a corps member is confirmed was detached and was handed over to Jaye to take to his LGI. He branched at the Principal’s office once more.

“Sir, I’m done with her and I need to see the LGI” he told him.

“Call him so that you can know how to move” the principal advised raising his head from the work he was doing.

The look on his face suggested he didn’t have the number. Before he could voice an expression Mr Salisu had dialled the number on his own phone.

“Hello Mallam Yusuf, yaya aiki? A corper is coming to see you. Are you around?… toh! ok!… ba damua… please take care of him, he’s my boy o… hmm hmm. Nagode”

After the call he gave Jaye an assuring look and went back to what he was doing.

“He’s in the office. You can go to him” he said, raising his head again.

“Thank you, sir” he said and mace to leave.

As he turned to leave, Mr Salisu tapped his table to call his attention. He seemed not to have grabbed the young man’s name yet.

“Do you have an accommodation already?” he inquired.

“No sir. I’m still looking” he replied thinking if the man would let him go at all.

“Well I have self contained apartment for rent in my compound, if you can stay with me.” He really liked the boy and silently prayed he said yes.

It sounded like a good offer but he didn’t want to sound desperate so he gave him a modulated reply

“I’ll think about it sir. Can I have your number Sir?” he said and gave his Yoruba bow.

“Of course” the principal said and wrote his number on a paper and handed it to him.

“I will call you sir” he said happy he could finally leave.

Read the next drop at http://biadefola.com.ng/2018/02/switched-story-of-a-fierce-battle-between-desperate-infatuation-and-true-love-6/

Read the whole stuff at https://www.okadabooks.com/book/about/switched/17272

3 Likes

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by Raheemzee(m): 6:23pm On Feb 03, 2018
Following

1 Like

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by BiadeFolar(m): 10:21pm On Feb 03, 2018
Hey Guys I'm not dropping updates tomorow, so let me bribe you this.
Six
[/color]

By the time he finished his registration at the NYSC office in Akwanga local government, he had already decided to take Mr Salisu's house. He thought it was an economic decision though he didn’t know how much he was going to be charged. He believed the stress of transport should be handled since Mr Salisu had a car and they would most likely go to work together. It appealed to him.

Around 4pm he called his new boss and soon to be landlord who gave him the ‘how to’ of finding his way to the house. He was impressed with the exterior of the house. It was fenced and painted white. He could can see pine and palm trees towering above the house from outside.

“This looks cool on the outside, I pray its interior doesn’t disappoint” he spoke to himself as he knocked the gate.

After some minutes, the gate opened. He was rudely shocked and surprised by sight that beheld him. Was she a look alike? Was he dreaming? Was he in a trance? He slapped his own face so that perhaps he could wake from the seeming dream but the status quo remained. The person in front of him didn’t disappear.

It was unimaginable. More questions rammed up in his head as he stared blankly at the person in front of him. Hadiza stood live and real there in front of him. She did appear so elegant like she was at the park. She was wearing a fairly old red T-shirt and tied a wrapper. She did not wear any makeup. Yet Jaye found her even more attractive, more elegant. His heart pounded rapidly.

Hadiza was no different. She was surprised. “This is the fool from 3weeks ago. But how did he find me out? Has he been looking for me all over? No! That's a stupid thought”. More questions than she could answer popped in her head, then she saw how crude her dress was and felt embarrassed but then she got defiant and asked herself “Why should I care about what he thinks?”

“Me ya me faruwa, he will not enter” Mr Salisu asked from inside. His voice released the two of them.
Jaye was eventually shown the room and he inspected it absentmindedly. He agreed to all of Mr Salisu's terms without knowing. It was all Hadiza on his mind.

Mr Salisu agreed to let him move in and pay later whenever he got that month’s 'allowee'.

By moving in, he knew he was in for a challenge. The confusion from the car park came back in full force. He saw Hadiza everyday and loved her more, yet he thought of how hurt Rihanat would be if he did anything rash. With Rihanat, it was not love but pity and his prickling conscience.

He decided to travel back home for a week or so, maybe he could put things in perspective- either end the relationship with Rihanat or more positively, find ways of totally accepting and strengthening what they had. He thought maybe if he made love with her, maybe the experience would overshadow whatever he felt for Hadiza. He decided he would give it anything it takes to avoid the temptation to hurt Rihanat.

He packed his bags and called his friends. He was going home to his girl, away from temptation.

[color=#990000]Read the next drop here
http://biadefola.com.ng/2018/02/switched-story-of-a-fierce-battle-between-desperate-infatuation-and-true-love-7/

If you're not the bit by bit kind of person, buy the whole chunk here https://www.okadabooks.com/book/about/switched/17272

HAVE A BEAUTIFUL SUNDAY!

2 Likes

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by aprilwise(m): 7:19am On Feb 04, 2018
Thanks for the update. u have a beautiful nd wonderful sunday.

1 Like

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by Nobody: 7:58am On Feb 04, 2018
Weldone dear.. Nice story

1 Like

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by BiadeFolar(m): 9:07am On Feb 04, 2018
aprilwise:
Thanks for the update. u have a beautiful nd wonderful sunday.

Thanks
Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by BiadeFolar(m): 9:07am On Feb 04, 2018
Gucciqueen38:
Weldone dear.. Nice story

Thanks
Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by pweetychyka(f): 11:45am On Feb 05, 2018
BiadeFolar
thanks for the mention ma'am.... will follow up kiss

1 Like

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by BiadeFolar(m): 1:03pm On Feb 05, 2018
pweetychyka:
BiadeFolar

thanks for the mention ma'am.... will follow up kiss

Lol. I am a man. thanks for following.
Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by BiadeFolar(m): 1:47pm On Feb 05, 2018
Seven

While Jaye worked very hard, trying not to hurt Rihanat, Adams put in efforts to ensure she didn’t miss him too much. He maintained close contact, acted as normal as he could around her. Before time, she started spending time with him and they started doing things- not the things you are thinking... but close to it.

Others may think it as intimate but Adams thought differently, he was just being there for her. Rihanat saw nothing strange or bad in the things they did, Adams was more of a brother to her, and it had always been that way. He liked her like she was his sister and she liked him like he was a brother, nothing more.

David grew suspicious about their closeness. It made him grow restless. He had always known that Adams had strong feelings for her but since the girl was never into him and he never found what he felt important enough to seriously pursue her hear, they decided to ‘arrange’ her for the guy she had always being into- Jaye.

David saw no reason to be cautious with Adams. After all, they had worked together to bond the two, wouldn’t it be foolhardy for him to be involved in giving the lady he loved to another guy? It meant he didn’t really love her enough after all.

Adams never carried the attitude of a serious person. He carried different type of girls and the most he went with one girl was twice. He never looked like someone who could settle down with one person. So David didn’t see the thing with Rihanat as a serious one.

The reignited closeness regardless of other facts put worries into David’s thoughts. He didn’t forget to recognize how close they used to be before the phase with Jaye started, but now Adams should know that she belonged to someone else now. Did he just get to know he actually loved the girl and was he trying of to win her to himself while the 'owner' was away? He couldn’t stand the thought of it alone. He bore doubts despite Adams assurance that it was a harmless friendship.

“Acting all loyal, I'm his friend too remember.” Adams pointed as David reminded him for the umpteenth of how much he didn’t trust him.
“I can't trust you with a woman bro, even your own sister.” David joked.

“Damn! My reputation is so ruined, if you were Jaye, what would you have done?” Adams asked with a curious face.

The question woke the curious cat in him. What if they pulled one on Jaye, see how he would react to the prank.

“Well, I'm not Jaye” he replied. He still had pockets of doubt but did not want to seem too itchy, he let it pass.

“We could pull some prank on him.” Adams suggested with an animated face.

“How do you mean?” Adams almost looked like the stupid guy he had always thought he was.

“We make him believe I'm really dating Rihanat, let's see his reaction”

This guy was actually stupid or how could he even think of something like that? David looked at Adams with confusion. He became curious too. What would Jaye do or say if he got such information. He almost heard himself saying let’s do it but as always, he cautioned “You're a fool. He'll kill you!” he jokingly cautioned.

Adams was fired up already; he wanted to do the prank as if his life depended on it. He was having none of David’s cautious yarns. He only looked forward to the laugh he would have after pulling off that prank on Jaye.

“We’ll see”. He said with a tone of finality. He was already looking forward to pulling the prank. “He’d be so mad, and I would so laugh!” he told himself.

One Saturday after Jaye had informed his friend he was coming home, they went to PDF. Instead of the games and funs, they sat on the grass and talked. It didn’t take too long before Adams and Rihanat found each other. They seemed detached from the group, so engrossed in their own talking. Rihanat looked so fly and happy- she laughed to all of Adams jokes, even the ones that didn’t sound so funny. He fed her popcorn and he played with her nose, whatever he did, she seemed very cool with, she threw flirty smiles and played with his beards.

Bisi couldn’t fathom the meaning what she saw her friend doing. Did she quit on Jaye because he was not around and jumped on Adams? She can’t be that cheap. Even if she was, could Adams be so bitchy? She looked at David and got more confused and embittered. Her boyfriend seemed to have not seen anything wrong in what played out in front of him, he was rather amused, laughing and recording videos. It all seemed stupid to her.

What Bisi didn’t know was that David could not be bothered, all the cuddling and smooching was all part of the prank plan. He was coming home the next day, the recorded video would be sent him later that day and see his reaction to the prank. Bisi was not informed or involved because she could dissuade them.

Read next drop here http://biadefola.com.ng/2018/02/617/

Read the entire stuff here https://www.okadabooks.com/book/about/switched/17272

Have a beautiful week folks!

2 Likes

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by Eddyella(f): 11:36pm On Feb 05, 2018
Nyc update.

1 Like

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by Nobody: 11:48pm On Feb 05, 2018
Nice update dear.. Waiting for more wink

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Love In A Circle / Heartstrings / Everybody Is A Genius--season 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.